35 minutes ago, VanilleKeks said:

Here's something people tend to forget when comparing the HVR to snipers in other games:

1. There are no headshots in APB
2. APB hitboxes are massive compared to the norm

It's alot easier to be good with a sniper in APB than in most other shooters. This means the snipers in APB need to be balanced differently. The value vs effort balance for the HVR is completely screwed. How someone with I'd assume thousands of hours in the game doesn't realize that is ridiculous.

The point is that good players will still be doing good with any weapon, and newer players will have a lot of troubles more than experienced one, much much more.
At the end most players complaining at quickswitching never did well. I can count with half hand the people that are  extremely good with quickswitching and had absurd scores compared to those who use any other automatic guns.

Lets stop stupidity, please. Edited by Excalibur!

Just now, Excalibur! said:

Lets stop stupidity, please.

then stop typing.
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 6

About JG and CSG etc.
they should made first pellet make full dmg and rest made 2/3 of oryginal one + alittle lower recoil of pellets in like 10% less or so could give us better performance and nerf to be normal ;)

8 minutes ago, Excalibur! said:
The point is that good players will still be doing good with any weapon, and newer players will have a lot of troubles more than experienced one, much much more.
At the end most players complaining at quickswitching never did well. I can count with half hand the people that are  extremely good with quickswitching and had absurd scores compared to those who use any other automatic guns.

Good players being still good is almost irrelevant to the discussion really. The point being made is that you don't have to be a good player to take someone out of the fight when using an HVR. If you really want good players to shine then you should be for making the HVR take more skill, shouldn't you? Because when you do that the actual good players will shine even brighter.

3 minutes ago, VanilleKeks said:
15 minutes ago, Excalibur! said:

Good players being still good is almost irrelevant to the discussion really. The point being made is that you don't have to be a good player to take someone out of the fight when using an HVR. If you really want good players to shine then you should be for making the HVR take more skill, shouldn't you? Because when you do that the actual good players will shine even brighter.
No i think not. Quickswitching takes skill.
Show me a single newer player, or silver quickswitching that is being a serious trouble to the point to nerf to the ground a gun... or change the gameplay because of him.

People will cheap blame their bad gameplay on anything, and nhvr was allways easy target.
Example in cqc: killed by 2 ocas in a blink... well nothing to do, i steped bad. Tagged by sniper then killed by oca... the problem is that nhvr is too op... Edited by Excalibur!

1 minute ago, Excalibur! said:
Show me a single newer player, or silver quickswitching that is being a serious trouble to the point to nerf to the ground a gun... or change the gameplay because of him.
How does the quickswitch nerf affect newer players when according to you none of them does it anyways? 
And if you really think N-HVR requires more skills than point and click you seem pretty delusional.

Well I wasn't referring to quickswitching, I should have mentioned that probably. Even when you leave quickswitching out of the discussion the HVR has still too much value for the effort required. Regarding quickswitching, whether it takes skill or not might be an interesting discussion but for me quickswitching is a gimmick that completely ruins the intended use of the weapon. Sometimes gimmicks in games are good, sometimes bad. I'd say hvr quickswitch is the latter.

1 minute ago, Jewer said:
How does the quickswitch nerf affect newer players when according to you none of them does it anyways? 
And if you really think N-HVR requires more skills than point and click you seem pretty delusional.

And if quickswitch takes no skill why i barely ever see a quickswitcher as mvp? Or any other guy doing outstandingly well? Or low skilled players ABUSING it considering its SOOOOOO easy?

Just now, VanilleKeks said:
4 minutes ago, Excalibur! said:
Well I wasn't referring to quickswitching, I should have mentioned that probably. Even when you leave quickswitching out of the discussion the HVR has still too much value for the effort required. Regarding quickswitching, whether it takes skill or not might be an interesting discussion but for me quickswitching is a gimmick that completely ruins the intended use of the weapon. Sometimes gimmicks in games are good, sometimes bad. I'd say hvr quickswitch is the latter.
After playing so long how am i the only one not seeing any problem with this gun more than its mobility being too fast? After the movement buff people were allowed to chase down taged targets and even jumpshot. THAT would be my only complain about nhvr.
--

I somehow remember who started with this suggestion about reducing nhvr damage in cqc, and MY sugestion is that they should go back to play overwatch.

And if quickswitch takes no skill why i barely ever see a quickswitcher as mvp? Or any other guy doing outstandingly well? Or low skilled players ABUSING it considering its SOOOOOO easy?

Never said it was easy, but if done correctly its very effective and frustating to play against since the best long range weapon in the game is also able to kill you fast in cqc.
But i understand if you have a boner for your hvr and dont want to see it nerfed.

Just now, Jewer said:
Never said it was easy, but if done correctly its very effective and frustating to play against since the best long range weapon in the game is also able to kill you fast in cqc.
But i understand if you have a boner for your hvr and dont want to see it nerfed.
Nope, i do not main nhvr and its easy for me or any good player to take down quickswitcher or simply snipers. You-got-tools-to-counter-it.

3 minutes ago, Jewer said:
Nope, i do not main nhvr and its easy for me or any good player to take down quickswitcher or simply snipers. You-got-tools-to-counter-it.
Must be nice to be a good player like you then 🙂

8 minutes ago, Excalibur! said:

After playing so long how am i the only one not seeing any problem with this gun more than its mobility being too fast? After the movement buff people were allowed to chase down taged targets and even jumpshot. THAT would be my only complain about nhvr.
--

I somehow remember who started with this suggestion about reducing nhvr damage in cqc, and MY sugestion is that they should go back to play overwatch.
We don't necessarily have to lower the damage of the gun. We just need to make the damage justified. Since you brought up OW, I was in a good ELO in that game and before i went into a coach role, widowmaker was one of my best heroes, making it into the top 100 widows in EU multiple times. Widowmaker has insane damage, but players need to be good to make use of it. That's why most widows on your team are either really good or really bad.

In APB, without headshots and with the gigantic hitboxes, you don't have to be good to shrek players. Being good certainly helps, but an average player will do way better with an HVR than he should be able to. Edited by VanilleKeks

6 minutes ago, VanilleKeks said:
We don't necessarily have to lower the damage of the gun. We just need to make the damage justified. Since you brought up OW, I was in a good ELO in that game and before i went into a coach role, widowmaker was one of my best heroes, making it into the top 100 widows in EU multiple times. Widowmaker has insane damage, but players need to be good to make use of it. That's why most widows on your team are either really good or really bad.

In APB, without headshots and with the gigantic hitboxes, you don't have to be good to shrek players. Being good certainly helps, but an average player will do way better with an HVR than he should be able to.
And you are just like upset that an average player can do well? For me is an incentive for that player to keep doing well and try in the future other guns... and probably more fun having a challenge?

So any weapon that is labeled as "easy" for newer players should be nerfed because they dont deserve to have fun in the game if they are not super skilled. Interesting reasoning. Edited by Excalibur!

7 minutes ago, VanilleKeks said:

In APB, without headshots and with the gigantic hitboxes, you don't have to be good to shrek players. Being good certainly helps, but an average player will do way better with an HVR than he should be able to.
And you are just like upset that an average player can do well? For me is an incentive for that player to keep doing well and try in the future other guns... and probably more fun having a challenge?
Well it's not real, it's essentially an illusion. That player thinks he's doing good when in reality he's mostly carried by the imbalanced gun. I get your point and I agree to some extent, but wouldn't you rather have that person actually do well? What's gonna happen when they swap to another gun is that they will most likely get bamboozled big time because the skill they thought they earned was all fake.

My post was eaten... cant quote @VanilleKeks

Why would it matter? Its really tiring those kind of arguments "you use x gun, you are not good players and you dont deserve to have fun or good score". I like those learning players that choose powerful gun to assist their team. It reminds me to me when i was silver (old silver, not today silver) and wasnt really good, but would pick nhvr in waterfront to help my team as best as i could... good times. It made my gameplay funnier and useful, totally not a negative experience.

Edited by Excalibur!

18 minutes ago, Excalibur! said:
So any weapon that is labeled as "easy" for newer players should be nerfed because they dont deserve to have fun in the game if they are not super skilled. Interesting reasoning.
how come you do not even realize what you are saying.
entertaining though, keep it coming 😉  Edited by nirva

Why would it matter? Its really tiring those kind of arguments "you use x gun, you are not good players and you dont deserve to have fun or good score". I like those learning players that choose powerful gun to assist their team. It reminds me to me when i was silver (old silver, not today silver) and wasnt really good, but would pick nhvr in waterfront to help my team as best as i could... good times. It made my gameplay funnier and useful, totally not a negative experience.

My argument isn't that using HVR makes you not a good player. My point is that you don't have to be a good player to do well. There's a key difference here. A gun with that amount of impact should only have that impact when used well, in my opinion. Now everyone has their moments of course, but overall I feel the HVR rewards bad usage of it too well.

1 minute ago, VanilleKeks said:

but overall I feel the HVR rewards bad usage of it too well.

There is a reason why this community is scared of silver HVR's.

Just now, Tobii said:
2 minutes ago, VanilleKeks said:

Come on man I just finished my PTSD therapy

2 minutes ago, VanilleKeks said:
3 minutes ago, Tobii said:
Come on man I just finished my PTSD therapy
Know what's even scarier? Bronze HVR's! 😱
  Edited by Tobii

4 minutes ago, Tobii said:
6 minutes ago, VanilleKeks said:

silver snipers are the scariest opponent in the world! they even stuck to using it at long range!

excalibur acts like that's being taken away when its not lol

8 hours ago, Snubnose said:
"shotguns are fixed" as in "this patch fixed the bug OTW had before"? but by no means does this new pellet damage system fix shotguns... for example, I've tested the strife on someone and was aiming far off, so only like 3 pellets could hit... it still did 2 shots. it's too forgiving, and actually makes shotguns way too easy. IMO, shotguns overall don't need a change, but rather specific shotguns need tweaking.

yes oblivion is still bad.
but anubis got better. IMO the crosshair is better, but I'd prefer a white dot in the middle, cuz red kinda blends in with the environment (with bloom turned on) sometimes.
although the accuracy recovery rate should be fast enough so it's at it's best accuracy when shooting max firerate.. I dislike the first few shots being RNG'ing, I want my sniper to be consistent, and not rely on RNGesus
i didnt test the strife. i tested the csg and tasz20
might have to check that one later. the strife always seem to "not do 85" most of the times so i never bothered using it

47 minutes ago, VanilleKeks said:
51 minutes ago, Excalibur! said:

My argument isn't that using HVR makes you not a good player. My point is that you don't have to be a good player to do well. There's a key difference here. A gun with that amount of impact should only have that impact when used well, in my opinion. Now everyone has their moments of course, but overall I feel the HVR rewards bad usage of it too well.
You are just saying the same...

NO, you miss a single bullet and you are mostly dead. How does that compensate being bad with it? Nerfing its damage at cqc or whatever just makes it WORST.

the guy rails against the carbine for being too effective at too many ranges but doesnt want a gun with double the effectiveness at double the ranges to be touched

what

• Like 3

Can't honestly tell if some people here are trolling or being serious