5 minutes ago, Shini said:
Just don't get tagged loooool MWFXdnn.png

It's easy to snipe in APB, other games have low FOV, cam sway, projectile bullets, bullet drop, high cost to buy. APB has 0 of that. It's the easiest gun in the game. If you can click the APB icon on your desktop with 100% accuracy you can probably main HVR.
But if you fail a single bullet you are dead.
That you gain skills is not the players fault, you dont need to punish them.

Ive been playing planetside that has most everything that you named on their snipers... you will get headshoted by an experienced sniping player anyways.

Awful merging post:

If they are going to nerf nhvr so we are finally nerfing everything that been added for counter it right?
Lets see what the "EXPERIENCED" players have to say on this matter.

Edited by Excalibur!

10 minutes ago, Shini said:
Just don't get tagged loooool MWFXdnn.png

I can undestand a sniper being dangerous and high damage but it's just so easy to snipe in APB. Other games have manage to make sniping harder and riskier. Like really low FOV or a scope blocking your FOV, cam sway with old breath mechanics, projectile bullets to remove hitscan easyness, bullet drop, high cost to buy. APB has 0 of that. It's one of the or THE easiest gun in the game. If you can click the APB icon on your desktop with 100% accuracy you can probably main HVR.

Following on from what I said. HVR was also balanced in RTW because certain guns couldn't shoot past their intended range. The problem is this wasn't taken into account when APB changed with reloaded. Back then HVR was 850dmg even with high ttk. But now all guns can fire out at all ranges and easily make you easy pickings for HVR. There's just not enough downsides to the gun at the moment.

8 minutes ago, Excalibur! said:
Ive been playing planetside that has most everything that you named on their snipers... you will get headshoted by an experienced sniping player anyways.
Ok then if you say so, put all those things in APB then, whats the problem if skilled players have no problem. Edited by Shini

The shotgun (JG & CSG) is too easy to use now. There is literally no reason to play any other cqc weapon.

Edited by Nev
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I spent at least 7 hours in baylan A. I didnt use that many of the changed guns.

Cobra: Felt a lot better and was closer to before the last changes with being able to tap fire longer ranges but Baylan A Cobra could be used in CQC a lot easier. Even without mods.
Misery: The extra damage did make it a little better, it would still need mods to be viable against other guns with mods. Didnt have any problem going toe to toe with other unmodded weapons.

JG: Some of the pre modded ones seemed to be the same as live versions?
Showstopper: It felt like players were given another 6 shots to their shot guns. Promoted corner popping gameplay way too much for its damage output up close.

Marksman mode on shotguns seemed to be worse than the current live versions, dunno if that was intended but being able to easily hipfire 15m+ kills and then marksman mode doing basically nothing it felt a bit weird to say the least.

Overall: Shotguns felt like the new HVR. If you didnt have a shotgun you were going to be outgunned easily in short to short-mid ranges.

My last thoughts would be that shotguns are not that bad currently and dont need this change.
The main reason for this is that the only issue shotguns have now is hit reg (but so does everything else). Even while being in Baylan A with rarely an 90% full district i was still experiencing hit reg problems across all guns that i used at some point or another.

These changes basically felt like they circumvented the issues with the servers to make getting kills with shotguns easier than they need to be.

7 minutes ago, Shini said:

Following on from what I said. HVR was also balanced in RTW because certain guns couldn't shoot past their intended range. The problem is this wasn't taken into account when APB changed with reloaded.

Ok then if put all those things in APB then, whats the problem if players have no problem.
You can still move fast. You can still spam granades. You still have your very low ttk for cqc to kill a sniper... etc etc. Nerf everything of that to balance it to the nerfed nhvr (?).
Any sense there? Nope, because it makes no sense the other way around already.

Lucky those who got scout and will quickswitch with it to role up the sniper role 😉
I see you crying because everyone will use them instead of nhvr.

Whats next? Cutting in half osmaw, opgl, volcano damage? Make it vehicle blowers only? So the silvers can enjoy their gameplay?
OH dont forget cars, they still killing rolling you over with one single movement. Edited by Excalibur!

5 minutes ago, Shini said:

Following on from what I said. HVR was also balanced in RTW because certain guns couldn't shoot past their intended range. The problem is this wasn't taken into account when APB changed with reloaded. Back then HVR was 850dmg even with high ttk. But now all guns can fire out at all ranges and easily make you easy pickings for HVR. There's just not enough downsides to the gun at the moment.

Ok then if you say so, put all those things in APB then, whats the problem if skilled players have no problem.
ray.

As an Anubis Lover that wants it to become better I want to express this:

NCR-Anubis:
- I like the new crosshair for the gun but don't like how it reacts to shots, making the crosshair appear to bloom slightly even though before it was meant to have reverse bloom
- Going on with the accuracy situation, why does the shots feel more RNG than what it was before, firing the gun with no mods (I normally use IR3) just feels like it blooms way too much and causes me to miss some shots due to the RNG nature of the weapon.
- It still has the OUTRIGHT STUPID Scope-in Delay of the HVR - I don't know why G1 even put this on the fcking gun as it gave it a unique counterplay vs the HVR - because it has the same scope-in time as the HVR, you can no longer be mobile and try to kill the HVR user before they shoot you or throw them off with movement. I find this to be an extremely unfair mechanic that was added into the Anubis and this is quite possibly the main reason why this gun sucks right now.
- NCR does not need hard damage or w/e just remove the stupid scope-in delay and bring it back to what it was when it first launched.

TL;DR
I like the new crosshair, it still has the same scope in time of HVR and it's accuracy feels slightly more RNG than it used to.

I didn't get to try the other weapons as there were limited players but will update my feedback here when I get more chances to play.
EDIT: Scope-in Delay is now completely gone, giving it's mobility niche back into the weapon - thank you LO

-Desmila

Edited by Desmila
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Excalibur! said:
You can still move fast. You can still spam granades. You still have your very low ttk for cqc to kill a sniper... etc etc. Nerf everything of that to balance it to the nerfed nhvr (?).
Any sense there? Nope, because it makes no sense the other way around already.

Lucky those who got scout and will quickswitch with it to role up the sniper role 😉
I see you crying because everyone will use them instead of nhvr.
I don't think you see the glaring issue, the HVR deals 850 damage which means 1 pistol shot will make the HVR lethal and therefore half its ttk. There is little to no benefit doing it on the scout as it requires you to hit 2-3 pistol shots before the scout damage becomes lethal, on top of that the scout doesn't make you hide for 15 seconds to fully regenerate your health as it deals 550 damage rather than 850.
  • Thanks 2

3 minutes ago, Excalibur! said:

There are other snipers... ISSR would probably take over as meta.

6 minutes ago, neophobia said:
12 minutes ago, Shini said:

Ok then if you say so, put all those things in APB then, whats the problem if skilled players have no problem.
ray.
?

2 hours ago, tennogrineer said:
no, it looks nice now from what i see (watching @Frosi test with @Tobii and @LUST)

4 fbw + hvr = kill
3 fbw + hvr = 90 ish
2 fbw + hvr = 85 ish
1 fbw + hvr = 80 ish

moving while hvr, 340ish damage = 3 shot kill close.

the range 850 damage is the same..but if anything, keep all the above but make the damage 750 max and it would be pretty perfect and still viable.
o wow that's actually pretty awesome then. watched the clips frosi provided, looks good and doesnt hurt its actual usage at far range. nice job

5 minutes ago, Kiida said:
9 minutes ago, Excalibur! said:

Or maybe they prefer nhvrs to use yukon as secondary and kill them even faster than quick switching... like some are already doing, because quickswitching already represent a risk if you miss.

But serious question, who is in charge of balance?

1 minute ago, Excalibur! said:
Or maybe they prefer nhvrs to use yukon as secondary and kill them even faster than quick switching... like some are already doing, because quickswitching already represent a risk if you miss.

The Dog-Ear is less risky than using a pistol-Scout QS, and a lot more versatile, personally it's what I'd go to, but then I've never been a QS crutcher anyway.

Still, it's currently going through testing, changes happen and it might not be what goes through to patch.

6 minutes ago, Excalibur! said:

Why would you use yukon as an example to justify the current state of the N-HVR when yukon is clearly bugged aswell ?

6 minutes ago, Kiida said:
10 minutes ago, Excalibur! said:

i wanted to see what all the fuss was about with the issr-b dogear (assuming issr-a is the same for the most part?).. issr-b definitely needs to be toned down in damage (especially hard damage) with all these other changes. probably too much for this balance pass, but has to be considered quickly as the meta will surely be dominated by this easy mode weapon.

have to look at:
  • removing the reverse quick-switch with the obir/ffa
  • adjusting the oca - make it take an extra shot to kill or put the ttk back to where it was (revert firerate change). keeps it as the smg benchmark but keeps the rest of the smgs strong as well.
  • adjust the ttk of the yukon - this gun is pretty much the nfa9 with way better accuracy. it shouldnt have a 0.45s ttk (faster than any secondary and primary)
  • ntec - [redacted because it triggers so many people], but take a look at the star and far (both really well done)
  • low-yields - slightly lower health damage, significantly lower hard damage

13 minutes ago, Kiida said:
The Dog-Ear is less risky than using a pistol-Scout QS, and a lot more versatile, personally it's what I'd go to, but then I've never been a QS crutcher anyway.

Still, it's currently going through testing, changes happen and it might not be what goes through to patch.
Is not matter to switching to anything more viable, is not destroying something because of a few players. I cant even remember the last time ive been killed by quickswitching.... the last time i seen people trying to quickswitch were doing pretty bad.
--

Why no making apb funnier instead of more frustrating? Reduce even more the ttk, remove spawn times. Why allways thinking of nerfing? Just lift that negative thinking for once.
  Edited by Excalibur!

Is not matter to switching to anything more viable, is not destroying something because of a few players. I cant even remember the last time ive been killed by quickswitching.... the last time i seen people trying to quickswitch were doing pretty bad.

what benefit does keeping a close-quarter quickswitch on a weapon designed for range provide? the changes pretty much address that "small" issue (no matter how bad players who use it are) but still keeps the long range in tact. its a really good change, this way those players clearly understand that if you are playing in close quarter with a long range weapon, switch your weapon or sumSmash.

just because you dont die to it, doesnt mean that the gimmick is okay.

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, Desmila said:

As an Anubis Lover that wants it to become better I want to express this:

NCR-Anubis:
- I like the new crosshair for the gun but don't like how it reacts to shots, making the crosshair appear to bloom slightly even though before it was meant to have reverse bloom
- Going on with the accuracy situation, why does the shots feel more RNG than what it was before, firing the gun with no mods (I normally use IR3) just feels like it blooms way too much and causes me to miss some shots due to the RNG nature of the weapon.
- It still has the OUTRIGHT STUPID Scope-in Delay of the HVR - I don't know why G1 even put this on the fcking gun as it gave it a unique counterplay vs the HVR - because it has the same scope-in time as the HVR, you can no longer be mobile and try to kill the HVR user before they shoot you or throw them off with movement. I find this to be an extremely unfair mechanic that was added into the Anubis and this is quite possibly the main reason why this gun sucks right now.
- NCR does not need hard damage or w/e just remove the stupid scope-in delay and bring it back to what it was when it first launched.

TL;DR
I like the new crosshair, it still has the same scope in time of HVR and it's accuracy feels slightly more RNG than it used to.

I didn't get to try the other weapons as there were limited players but will update my feedback here when I get more chances to play.

-Desmila

according to the notes, there were two versions of the anubis in otw, did you test them both?

4 minutes ago, tennogrineer said:
what benefit does keeping a close-quarter quickswitch on a weapon designed for range provide? the changes pretty much address that "small" issue (no matter how bad players who use it are) but still keeps the long range in tact. its a really good change, this way those players clearly understand that if you are playing in close quarter with a long range weapon, switch your weapon or sumSmash.

just because you dont die to it, doesnt mean that the gimmick is okay.

That is not allways viable for quickswitching, you wont win 100% of the time. There are faster killing weapons and more efficient for cqc.
Show me you killing multiple targets quickswitching compared to a pointman gun.
You can achieve that with pointman like, pmg? Ogre? Not with nhvr. Edited by Excalibur!

That is not allways viable for quickswitching, you wont win 100% of the time. There are faster killing weapons and more efficient for cqc.
Show me you killing multiple targets quickswitching compared to a pointman gun.
You can achieve that with pointman like, pmg? Ogre? Not with nhvr.
i dont think you are getting the issue here.
yes, i agree that quickswitching isnt 100% viable and there are more optimal solutions based on skill level. however, having that option on the hvr and having the ability to effectively use it in a combat range it shouldnt, limits the weapon diversity in the game. i have a feeling your experiences are based on fight club..when you have to think about mission districts.

6 minutes ago, Captain Teemo said:
according to the notes, there were two versions of the anubis in otw, did you test them both?
Oh I didn't realize there where 2 versions of the weapon - I'll try the other one in this case when I've got time

6 minutes ago, Desmila said:
13 minutes ago, Captain Teemo said:
Oh I didn't realize there where 2 versions of the weapon - I'll try the other one in this case when I've got time
The gun is different between A and B districts. The B side features more recoil per shot and less zoom in marksman (don't know if there are more differences).

Here's something people tend to forget when comparing the HVR to snipers in other games:

1. There are no headshots in APB
2. APB hitboxes are massive compared to the norm

It's alot easier to be good with a sniper in APB than in most other shooters. This means the snipers in APB need to be balanced differently. The value vs effort balance for the HVR is completely screwed. How someone with I'd assume thousands of hours in the game doesn't realize that is ridiculous.

• Thanks 1

HVR wasn't to op
it was nice that you can defend without changing the gun every stage.

anyway if there was a refund button for the hvr now i would use it.
its to risky now and complety useless can better use my volcano

Yukon have high tk but its shitt to aim
and a realy low tk on distance so NO its not OP its more a trash gun. 

16 minutes ago, tennogrineer said:
i dont think you are getting the issue here.
yes, i agree that quickswitching isnt 100% viable and there are more optimal solutions based on skill level. however, having that option on the hvr and having the ability to effectively use it in a combat range it shouldnt, limits the weapon diversity in the game. i have a feeling your experiences are based on fight club..when you have to think about mission districts.
Thats an issue for low skilled players only.