Sign in to follow this  
sleepbrain

Me and a friend just realized our accounts don't exist but they do?

OK so this is super interesting and I'm sure if I made a ticket support would be like uhhhhh what do you mean. I also encourage people who were banned BEFORE the merge to try and do what I am going to discuss as well and see what it is.

I didn't know what my email was for the account until today, and got super excited and tried to login. Apparently, none of my passwords worked but I have a registration email from 12/30/12. So i tried resetting my pw and wasn't getting an email. Apart of me decided to even SEE if my account name existed, so I got on my main and tried adding it as a friend. The name does NOT exist apparently. My friend can say the same. BUT I made a new account with the email I ALREADY had registered on (somehow) and tried making a character on Jericho (my original character was on Colby, but was never merged because I was banned before that) and guess what? The name is already apparently taken, and I know for a fact no one has the name currently (and remember, I can't add it as a friend because it apparently does not exist....)

My friend is having the same problem, and I believe some other people might as well if they were banned before the merge. I'm super confused because that account apparently doesn't exist but it does at the same time. I encourage people to try and add yourself as a friend on whatever account you're using and see if it exists (if you were banned before the server merge). If it doesn't try making a new account with the same name and see what happens. If it says it's taken then idk I feel like a few people are gonna be in the same boat as us

i can make a video if that would b easier

Edited by sleepbrain
  • Like 1

the characters exist because it's in the sql database

the characters don't because they haven't been registered in the new server (logged into jericho when colby/joker was removed)

get unbanned and log into the character on the server and you shouldn't have any issues (pending unban test)

2 minutes ago, WizYuan said:

the characters exist because it's in the sql database

the characters don't because they haven't been registered in the new server (logged into jericho when colby/joker was removed)

get unbanned and log into the character on the server and you shouldn't have any issues (pending unban test)

but my point is the email that's attached to that "banned" account is now apparently 2 different accounts. I made a 2nd account on an email that already have a registration email sent to it. so now i have two registration emails on one account

basically the "ban" seems to have deleted my old account because I just made a new account on that same email. Unless it's the wrong email, but I'm pretty certain it isn't

Schrödingers character.

Simultaineously exists and doesn't exist.

Curious to see what is their stance on accounts banned so long ago.

Edited by Chinook
wrong word

1 minute ago, sleepbrain said:

but my point is the email that's attached to that "banned" account is now apparently 2 different accounts. I made a 2nd account on an email that already have a registration email sent to it. so now i have two registration emails on one account

basically the "ban" seems to have deleted my old account because I just made a new account on that same email. Unless it's the wrong email, but I'm pretty certain it isn't

you shouldn't been able to make two accounts on one email because your email is registered as well on the sql database (it also gives you the warning when creating the account that your email is already taken)

you could try logging through steam if you don't and if you do log through steam, i would say guess on the emails or check your email history with account info changes or paypal etc.

wakarimasen lol

Just now, WizYuan said:

you shouldn't been able to make two accounts on one email because your email is registered as well on the sql database (it also gives you the warning when creating the account that your email is already taken)

you could try logging through steam if you don't and if you do log through steam, i would say guess on the emails or check your email history with account info changes or paypal etc.

wakarimasen lol

i would post pictures here but it doesnt keep the original size for me, so ill make a quick video showing the 2 accounts on one email 1 sec

heres the vid

i can go in game and theres no characters made on that account. but trying to register with my old name says its taken when it isn't

Edited by sleepbrain

23 hours ago, sleepbrain said:

heres the vid

spoopy

idk maybe you changed your email on the original account

wakarimasen lol

7 minutes ago, sleepbrain said:

i would post pictures here but it doesnt keep the original size for me, so ill make a quick video showing the 2 accounts on one email 1 sec

Lol, sorry I would add something but I just wanted to announce my amusement.

How on earth can you register an account 4 times on one email.

Edited by Puffdragon
  • Like 1

Just now, WizYuan said:

spoopy

idk maybe you changed your email on the original account

wakarimasen lol

nah definitely didn't i only have 4 email accounts, one for europe, and the other is my closed beta account. the last one has nothing on it bc i just made it today trying to figure out if gmail was bugged when i wasnt getting pw reset

6 minutes ago, Puffdragon said:

Lol, sorry I would add something but I just wanted to announce my amusement.

B)

just registered twice on one email but still lmao

Edited by sleepbrain

8 minutes ago, sleepbrain said:

B)

just registered twice on one email but still lmao

Indeed, I wonder if you will get 4 characters now or 2 accounts lmao.

Can confirm my "Similarities" character is missing, and I was banned back in very early 2015 (March of 2015) but stopped playing and buying things around December of 2014, I wouldn't put it past G1 to have not carried over our characters because they were banned and then deleted the databases after the entire migration and then some, given how long ago it was, if that's the case, I really don't care about the characters, I can remake those, but I really hope I can get back my themes (a lot of them are unique), my symbols (many of which are user-made), and G1C items/bundles/clothing. Wouldn't be surprised if my user-made content was gone though.

good luck with this 

• Like 2

Sign in to follow this