BrandonBranderson

Fixing Broken Vehicles

I made a thread about this on the old forums.  I figured I'd bring it over.

I just wanted to start this topic so we can round up everything wrong with the vehicles in one place.  This is for the main functional and visual issues with vehicles.  Feel free to contribute any problems you've noticed!

1. Suspension.

There's two vehicles I can remember off the top of my head that have broken suspension systems.  That would be the Vegas (not 4x4) and the Pioneer.  They both used to sit higher than they do now and with the pioneer this isn't really a functional issue as much as it just looks stupid compared to how it used to look, and the front wheels clip with the fenders when turning.  However with the Vegas, the broken suspension affects the over all handling of the car.  It just handles like a brick on rollers and the slightest bump will send it airborne.  Not totally game breaking but it would be nice if it was improved.  This may be pushing it but I believe the Vegas handled a lot better back before G1 modified the driving physics.  (Yes, back when you could roll a Fresno by turning too fast and when dumptrucks weren't completely unstoppable blocks and could be tipped over by a good direct side hit from a T-25)

2.  Reverse.

There's only one vehicle that I can think of that really suffers in reverse, and that's the poor Morai.  It's a decent all around car, but as soon as you throw it into reverse you'd be better off pulling a Flintstones by shoving your feet through the floor and pushing it backwards yourself.  If it's parked on a slight incline that you would be able to just back up over with any other vehicle, the Morai just will not move.  It sputters and slides around on slopes and on flat land it's just extremely slow.  If I remember correctly if the trunk is full of items, then good luck backing up at all.

I think this may be a side effect of G1 converting it to a RWD from AWD.  I don't think they took into account that making the front wheels not work anymore removed at least half of the power from reverse.

3. Collisions.

There's a few vehicles that suffer from collision box issues, and the ones that I remember most are the Dolton Broadwing and the IO Growl.  The Broadwing has issues with it's rear fender corners catching on curbs when taking shortcuts on the sidewalk which will cause you to either spin out or just stop.  The Growl's collision box is a little too low to the ground, as a result it can't handle jumps very well and sometimes has the curb issue the Broadwing has, except with it's front bumper.

4.  Dirt.

When driving around in San Paro your vehicle starts to collect dirt and dust, however the dirt map for some vehicles and kits is broken.  The Vegas has a section between the rear window and the trunk lid that does not collect any dirt.  When using the Fastline kit for the Fresno, none of the kit parts accumulate dirt, but the rest of the car does.  There's other vehicles that do this too name them if you know one that does it.

5. Weight.

I suppose this one is just my own personal opinion, but the Charge Cisco is WAY too light weight.  I understand it's supposed to be a light little roadster, but it can get bullied around like a hockey puck by pretty much any other vehicle.  Seems to be an extremely common target for greifing.

Edited by BrandonBranderson
  • Like 7

I agree with everything here.

The other thing that I feel is the lack of diversity with the cars... and yes, I to daily my Bishada, Vegas, and Growl (however, I've switched to my Fresno for at least a bit)
If it were because the cars were fast, then everyone would be driving the Vegas, Bishada/Jericho, and Growl, but most people are running with Pioneers, and Vegas's...

Either these cars are way to 'master of all trades' or the other cars don't seem to fit in very well.
I love driving my Broadwing. (although I'd probably pick a Moirai, reverse is more important than pure acceleration)
The other tier 2? cars (15k vehicles) aren't really appealing to a buyer.

• The Kurai handles like a broncing bull.
  • T-25 isn't used as much.

Of course cars that cost more should be "better", but maybe they should be more skilled in certain things, and less in other areas, where the lower tier cars can excel?

4 minutes ago, Sergsininia said:

I agree with everything here.

The other thing that I feel is the lack of diversity with the cars... and yes, I to daily my Bishada, Vegas, and Growl (however, I've switched to my Fresno for at least a bit)
If it were because the cars were fast, then everyone would be driving the Vegas, Bishada/Jericho, and Growl, but most people are running with Pioneers, and Vegas's...

Either these cars are way to 'master of all trades' or the other cars don't seem to fit in very well.
I love driving my Broadwing. (although I'd probably pick a Moirai, reverse is more important than pure acceleration)
The other tier 2? cars (15k vehicles) aren't really appealing to a buyer.

• The Kurai handles like a broncing bull.
  • T-25 isn't used as much.

Of course cars that cost more should be "better", but maybe they should be more skilled in certain things, and less in other areas, where the lower tier cars can excel?
The 4x4 and Pioneer being relatively fast coupled with their stupidly strong HP makes them a pain to fight against, the Coywolf's torque is crazy high and nullifies a lot of negatives (running with item making the acceleration slower and VIP debuff to name a few), and the Bishada's collision is fucked in the sense that if you tap the right side's back wheel (if you're watching it from behind) then it flips. The Bishada is far too weak which is why it's not in meta AT ALL, a single conc will blow it up, and this goes for a lot of cars, the Coywolf dies in a conc and a few shots but this is nullified by how stupidly good the car is in every other area (speed, acceleration, handling, and debuff nullification), while the 4x4 and Pioneer can survive 2 frags and several magazines.

Leave the Mory Eye as is. It is its characteristic to not have a reverse gear,

23 hours ago, BrandonBranderson said:

5. Weight.

Talking about weight, Seiyo Espacio and Pionerr should be heaviest cars in the car, and can't barely push some cars like Vegas. Not to talk about the stupidly high HP of the Vegas.

1 hour ago, TheKeanuReeves said:
On 7/31/2018 at 12:05 PM, BrandonBranderson said:

5. Weight.

Talking about weight, Seiyo Espacio and Pionerr should be heaviest cars in the car, and can't barely push some cars like Vegas. Not to talk about the stupidly high HP of the Vegas.
The Pioneer is great for pushing anything smaller than a dump truck or armored van.  The Espacio does need some tweaking though.  It's only FWD while the Pioneer is AWD and has limited firing angles for anyone in the back seats.

On 7/31/2018 at 12:05 PM, BrandonBranderson said:

I made a thread about this on the old forums.  I figured I'd bring it over.

I just wanted to start this topic so we can round up everything wrong with the vehicles in one place.  This is for the main functional and visual issues with vehicles.  Feel free to contribute any problems you've noticed!

1. Suspension.

There's two vehicles I can remember off the top of my head that have broken suspension systems.  That would be the Vegas (not 4x4) and the Pioneer.  They both used to sit higher than they do now and with the pioneer this isn't really a functional issue as much as it just looks stupid compared to how it used to look, and the front wheels clip with the fenders when turning.  However with the Vegas, the broken suspension affects the over all handling of the car.  It just handles like a brick on rollers and the slightest bump will send it airborne.  Not totally game breaking but it would be nice if it was improved.  This may be pushing it but I believe the Vegas handled a lot better back before G1 modified the driving physics.  (Yes, back when you could roll a Fresno by turning too fast and when dumptrucks weren't completely unstoppable blocks and could be tipped over by a good direct side hit from a T-25)

2.  Reverse.

There's only one vehicle that I can think of that really suffers in reverse, and that's the poor Morai.  It's a decent all around car, but as soon as you throw it into reverse you'd be better off pulling a Flintstones by shoving your feet through the floor and pushing it backwards yourself.  If it's parked on a slight incline that you would be able to just back up over with any other vehicle, the Morai just will not move.  It sputters and slides around on slopes and on flat land it's just extremely slow.  If I remember correctly if the trunk is full of items, then good luck backing up at all.

I think this may be a side effect of G1 converting it to a RWD from AWD.  I don't think they took into account that making the front wheels not work anymore removed at least half of the power from reverse.

3. Collisions.

There's a few vehicles that suffer from collision box issues, and the ones that I remember most are the Dolton Broadwing and the IO Growl.  The Broadwing has issues with it's rear fender corners catching on curbs when taking shortcuts on the sidewalk which will cause you to either spin out or just stop.  The Growl's collision box is a little too low to the ground, as a result it can't handle jumps very well and sometimes has the curb issue the Broadwing has, except with it's front bumper.

4.  Dirt.

When driving around in San Paro your vehicle starts to collect dirt and dust, however the dirt map for some vehicles and kits is broken.  The Vegas has a section between the rear window and the trunk lid that does not collect any dirt.  When using the Fastline kit for the Fresno, none of the kit parts accumulate dirt, but the rest of the car does.  There's other vehicles that do this too name them if you know one that does it.

5. Weight.

I suppose this one is just my own personal opinion, but the Charge Cisco is WAY too light weight.  I understand it's supposed to be a light little roadster, but it can get bullied around like a hockey puck by pretty much any other vehicle.  Seems to be an extremely common target for greifing.

I agree with everything. Especially suspension, reverse, and weight.

The lifted pioneer looked really cool, and it used to have great acceleration. Now it looks autismo and accelerates really slow. Also the jericho's suspension needs some work since it causes uncontrollable oversteer way too much.
Another thing with suspension, the cars in the customization menu have the original suspension heights, along with when NPCs drive them. You ever notice how if you carjack someone their car's suspension will change it's height when you hop in? The Morai, Cisco, and Kurai get raised and look weird as hell, the Vegas gets bottomed out along with the garbage trucks, and the bank truck's front suspension becomes unbalanced which causes it to constantly steer to one side when driving.

One thing I would add though is a section for tire grip/handling. The way the cars handle with grip and steering doesn't match with their appearance. For example, the Cisco has one of if not the widest tires of all sports cars ingame, yet it has the worst grip resulting in the car sliding everytime you steer. Then you look at something like the Gx8800 and it has much better grip even though it's tires are narrow compared to the Cisco. The same should be said for the Kurai, which has extremely wide wheels for a sporty offroad suv, yet struggles with turning, even at low speed.
  • Like 1

Generally they should rework how Reverse works.
If you stand still and hit reverse then you first brake and then reverse which actually takes some time and is disrupting gameplay imo

Maybe they could just revert vehicle physics and stats back to the way RTW had them before G1 messed them up and just make it harder to flip vehicles from there.  Start over and tackle the problem from a different approach.  The only problem I noticed about driving back then was how easy it was to flip a car, and G1's solution to that was breaking the ones that were the easiest to flip.  The Fresno was the only big change that didn't really have any negative side effects.  That used to be one of the easiest to roll over.  I remember vehicles also having better grip back then too.

11 hours ago, BrandonBranderson said:

Maybe they could just revert vehicle physics and stats back to the way RTW had them before G1 messed them up and just make it harder to flip vehicles from there.  Start over and tackle the problem from a different approach.  The only problem I noticed about driving back then was how easy it was to flip a car, and G1's solution to that was breaking the ones that were the easiest to flip.  The Fresno was the only big change that didn't really have any negative side effects.  That used to be one of the easiest to roll over.  I remember vehicles also having better grip back then too.

The Jericho used to drive like a dream and didn't have the crazy oversteer issue we have now. The Jericho and Bishada also used to perform very similarly like they should; whereas now with G1's changes the Jericho is a much better choice than the Bishada due to it's higher weight and torque, but oh wait you don't get that choice as a crim unless you spend some G1C. It was better when the faction specific vehicles used to be more of a cosmetic difference rather than performance. 

I also want to point out that the audio of some vehicles were changed as in how they go through each of the gears. The Jericho used to have its RPM climb through gears a bit slower, and would sound more consistent. Now the new sound is just the RPM going all over the place and personally I think it sounds really annoying.

This is the best video I could find to show what the Jericho used to sound like. Also shows the way it used to drive

I noticed that for some reason every car or at least most cars in the game start accelerating super slow, then all of the sudden gain a ton of torque and fly off to max speed. The most noticable car is the vegas. You know with the first gear being nothing, then flying off in second gear. This makes it very difficult to use a car to get away from enemies. Your first gear is snail speed, but by the time you get to the phase with more torque, your car has already been damaged and escape is impossible. RTW used to have a more linear acceleration which lines up with how automatic transmissions feel IRL.

11 hours ago, IAmDisappointSon said:
Snip
Yes exactly, and yeah the sounds are all kinds of messed up now too.  The current Vegas sounds like the engine is about to die, while the old one sounded throaty and powerful.  That little pitch shift made a huge difference.  I noticed that with the Vegas (normal not 4x4) the reason it rockets off in 2nd gear is because it spends its entire 1st gear doing a burnout, and the tires finally catch by the time it gets to 2nd gear.  But since they removed most of the tire smoke particles from the Vegas, the only indication we have that that's happening is by looking closely at the rear wheels when taking off.  There's also the bug where the Vegas (Normal and 4x4) will get stuck around max RPM, and to get the sound to go back to normal, you need to either make a complete stop, or push it to the next gear by hitting max speed.

5 hours ago, BrandonBranderson said:
17 hours ago, IAmDisappointSon said:
Snip
Yes exactly, and yeah the sounds are all kinds of messed up now too.  The current Vegas sounds like the engine is about to die, while the old one sounded throaty and powerful.  That little pitch shift made a huge difference.  I noticed that with the Vegas (normal not 4x4) the reason it rockets off in 2nd gear is because it spends its entire 1st gear doing a burnout, and the tires finally catch by the time it gets to 2nd gear.  But since they removed most of the tire smoke particles from the Vegas, the only indication we have that that's happening is by looking closely at the rear wheels when taking off.  There's also the bug where the Vegas (Normal and 4x4) will get stuck around max RPM, and to get the sound to go back to normal, you need to either make a complete stop, or push it to the next gear by hitting max speed.
I agree and want to expand a bit along with mentioning some other stuff

The vegas doing a burnout in 1st gear seems to be a pretty reasonable explanation, and also seems to be the case given the wheels spin really fast but the car goes nowhere. But the same thing happens for many
other vehicles, minus the burnout. The Jericho launches its acceleration the same way, but there is no burnout.

I don't remember if I mentioned before so just gonna add it here. The suspension for the Blue Steel security truck has alignment issues which cause it to constantly steer to one side.

The bug where the RPM gets stuck at max is caused when the car's wheels go off the ground and land while the throttle is not active. This can happen when braking on a few cars, and often happens on small bumps and when cornering over the curb of a sidewalk. To fix this bug while it's active all you need to do is either put the car in reverse for a sec, jump in the air and land while the throttle is active, or like you mentioned keep driving until the audio catches up to where that gear was supposed to be.

Did they actually reduce tire smoke at some point? I don't understand the old dev team's logic. If they want to remove things for performance, why don't they have it so it's only removed on the lower graphic preset, rather than remove it on all presets including the maximum preset?

Also final point which is unrelated to most vehicles, but is still relevant to the conversation of broken vehicles. They should revert the stats for the dump truck/cement truck/large cargo truck to the original stats. The current stats give it a seemingly infinite amount of mass, making it so no one can push it unless they have the same truck. It also has the slowest acceleration known to man kind which doesn't make sense since it should be lighter than the armor plated Blue Steel security truck. The abysmal acceleration makes this vehicle of no practical use in gameplay, but its massive weight allows it to be used for griefing. The old stats gave the large truck a decent acceleration so you can actually move reasonably quickly for the trucks size while still making sense, and much lower weight so other smaller vehicles can push you like pickup trucks, but your weight is still massive overall. The old stats gave it some role in gameplay, and the reduced weight made it so you couldn't just use it's infinite mass to block roads with. Also the old stats had working suspension, unlike the one we have now.
  • Like 1

17 hours ago, IAmDisappointSon said:
Snip
Thanks for the explanation of the RPM bug, I had no idea what was causing it, but it happened all the time and got a little annoying lol.

Yup G1 removed most of the Vegas' tire smoke in an odd attempt to optimize.  Now you can just see a little bit when drifting, but it used to smoke a little during the 1st gear burnout too, and a lot when drifting.  I remember being really disappointed when I read that in their patch notes because no other cars smoked like the Vegas did and that little bit at take-off just seemed right for doing a burnout.  They were also more dense, full clouds of smoke mixed in with the current flat looking puff sprites.

I just gotta ask... How the hell did they break the alignment on the Blue Steel trucks?!  It happened to my car IRL, but it just doesn't seem like it should be able to happen in game without being done on purpose...  

A good t bone from a T-25 (though they may have had a bit too much power back then) would be enough to knock a dump truck over.  Now because of their insane amount of mass they are an unstoppable brick when they get up to speed.

Looking back at all these senseless changes makes me really wonder if drinking was encouraged in the G1 office during business hours.  Or maybe it was all the boss' orders and everyone was just afraid to tell him that he's dumb?

Edited by BrandonBranderson

The level of G1's past incompetence, and disinclination to apply fixes is the reason why especially the Moirai is not very popular.

The reverse gear on the Sungnyemun Moirai is a good start, but I think the vehicle requires much more attention, a complete overhaul so to speak. The transmission is one of the most prominent things, but there's so much more wrong with the vehicle. So, in order to summarize many of the issues, I'm going to add a few more things to the list for LO to note up (hopefully doing a field test themselves is the only way to justify the said.

1) Transmission / Gear Ratios

- Completely incapable of moving uphill in reverse (Thanks, BrandonBranderson)
- A Snail's pace reversing speed when haulin' items in trunk
- Unable to push anything out of its way

2) Mass / Stability

- Non-existent ramming power / vehicle mass (does not correspond with vehicle's large dimensions and long wheelbase)
- Lack of vehicle's own mass result in small tier vehicles literally pushing it around like a beach ball
- There's no body roll, but the center of gravity is set too high (turning the vehicle can easily flip it upside down in a tight turn)

Edited by GoreUsomeHammer
  • Like 1

More weight needs to be added to the Charge Mikro, too.
I understand it's based off a mini cooper n' all but for gods sake, it can't push any cars more like a fingertip's length!

3 hours ago, Niedosik said:

More weight needs to be added to the Charge Mikro, too.
I understand it's based off a mini cooper n' all but for gods sake, it can't push any cars more like a fingertip's length!

In my experience the Mikro drives just about how I'd expect it to, but a little extra weight and power wouldn't hurt it.
I want to talk about two other vehicles which need more weight and torque. The obvious one being the Charge Cisco, and the other one being the Machina Cosenza.

Charge Cisco: We all know this car just needs a buff overall, but it's weight and torque are especially shite and don't match the appearance of the car at all. Also you'd think since it's all wheel drive it would be decent at pushing other cars, but it's really bad at it.

Machina Cosenza: This car is mailed to new players as the second starting vehicle. This car is in fact the lightest weight car in the entire game, and cannot push anything. It's extremely light and fragile on top of the fact that it's extremely slow. This makes it a very unreliable vehicle for new players. I'm not saying we should make it extremely buffed, just suggesting that this car be somewhat buffed so it performs at a decent level for new players.

4 hours ago, GoreUsomeHammer said:

The level of G1's past incompetence, and disinclination to apply fixes is the reason why especially the Moirai is not very popular.

The reverse gear on the Sungnyemun Moirai is a good start, but I think the vehicle requires much more attention, a complete overhaul so to speak. The transmission is one of the most prominent things, but there's so much more wrong with the vehicle. So, in order to summarize many of the issues, I'm going to add a few more things to the list for LO to note up (hopefully doing a field test themselves is the only way to justify the said.

1) Transmission / Gear Ratios

- Completely incapable of moving uphill in reverse (Thanks, BrandonBranderson)
- A Snail's pace reversing speed when haulin' items in trunk
- Unable to push anything out of its way

2) Mass / Stability

- Non-existent ramming power / vehicle mass (does not correspond with vehicle's large dimensions and long wheelbase)
- Lack of vehicle's own mass result in small tier vehicles literally pushing it around like a beach ball
- There's no body roll, but the center of gravity is set too high (turning the vehicle can easily flip it upside down in a tight turn)

The transmissions for all cars are pretty scuffed. First gear always has no power, but then second gear has all the power. 
I know there isn't actually a transmission for the cars, but it's simulated in the sense that the vehicle's torque and acceleration changes depending on the vehicle's speed as if to simulate gears. It was done poorly though and just messed stuff up. When I look at RTW though it shows that the cars back then used to just accelerate more linearly. This makes more sense because IRL automatic transmissions shift smoothly and quickly enough to not have the car noticeably rock back and forth from shifting.

The Moirai needs some love. Change it to all wheel drive for better performance. And no I don't mean add some stupid joker store 4x4 version which costs ten million joker tickets because getting 400 tickets takes forever which just makes it a shitty incentive to buy the armas version I hate armas I hate the premium model of this gmae ajdbsakgsjhi khfuewha iu hui

But all jokes aside we should get some free non-joker store vehicle content once in a while that we can buy through regular ingame APB$

Also they should fix the Nuland Pioneer. The suspension is literally bottomed out. They should raise it like it used to be before G1 changed it. The suspension is the only problem I see with the Pioneer

• Like 1

On 8/22/2018 at 12:58 PM, IAmDisappointSon said:

The transmissions for all cars are pretty scuffed. First gear always has no power, but then second gear has all the power. 
I know there isn't actually a transmission for the cars, but it's simulated in the sense that the vehicle's torque and acceleration changes depending on the vehicle's speed as if to simulate gears. It was done poorly though and just messed stuff up. When I look at RTW though it shows that the cars back then used to just accelerate more linearly. This makes more sense because IRL automatic transmissions shift smoothly and quickly enough to not have the car noticeably rock back and forth from shifting.

Well, I like to call it a "transmission" very loosely, but yeah, I agree, duly noted the same thing in comparison to those RTW times.

On 8/22/2018 at 1:10 PM, IAmDisappointSon said:

Also they should fix the Nuland Pioneer. The suspension is literally bottomed out. They should raise it like it used to be before G1 changed it. The suspension is the only problem I see with the Pioneer

Yeah, it's a "lowrider" look, definitely not a fan of it. Not only does it look dumb, but the chassis also, it behaves like it's missing a set of shocks / coil springs, and this has a major impact on driving in certain situations.

Now, I'm sure there are people who actually like this type of look, and to be fair, on some builds it may actually fit. So, why not please everyone? All it needs is the option to choose from different ride height / suspension settings, for instance low, medium, and high clearance. I fail to see why this couldn't be implemented. I want to be able to drive over those elevated curbs, and not get stuck on a bush.

15 hours ago, GoreUsomeHammer said:

Well, I like to call it a "transmission" very loosely, but yeah, I agree, duly noted the same thing in comparison to those RTW times.

Yeah, it's a "lowrider" look, definitely not a fan of it. Not only does it look dumb, but the chassis also, it behaves like it's missing a set of shocks / coil springs, and this has a major impact on driving in certain situations.

Now, I'm sure there are people who actually like this type of look, and to be fair, on some builds it may actually fit. So, why not please everyone? All it needs is the option to choose from different ride height / suspension settings, for instance low, medium, and high clearance. I fail to see why this couldn't be implemented. I want to be able to drive over those elevated curbs, and not get stuck on a bush.
The part about suspension actually sounds really cool. Being able to choose suspension height for your vehicle. It could work like GTA where they have preset heights. You could get a normal higher suspension height on the pioneer, or you could start your own space program and slam the car's suspension to the floor like it is now.

All jokes aside it would be awesome to be able to choose from preset suspension heights that would affect driving performance. As long as it's not armas-only or joker-only, then it would be awesome.

On 8/21/2018 at 11:48 PM, IAmDisappointSon said:

I don't remember if I mentioned before so just gonna add it here. The suspension for the Blue Steel security truck has alignment issues which cause it to constantly steer to one side.
Yes, I notice this as well, it steers to the left constantly.

I think everything related to vehicles need an overhaul. Currently APB vehicles feel as if their top speed is 50 KM/H and as if they’re gliding on the road instead of actually driving, just as if you’re playing with a toy car on a table. Cars need to handle and accelerate a lot more realistically, and also act very differently on impact. Currently, in crashes, they simply bounce off or slow down, with minimal damage to the hull. (I’m guessing the current engine doesn’t allow many changes to be made, whether it be handling, top speed, or crash aftermath) Cars should behave as if they would in the event of a crash. Even GTA V, has far better vehicle mechanics, regardless of being crapped on compared to GTA IV. I know it’s a HUGE amount of work to re-do it completely, I’m sure UE has more realistic default car crash physics which can be used to improve upon.

Anyway, my intention wasn’t to create any  conflict or to criticize LO’s work, especially since they haven’t done any on vehicles just yet. Wanted to get my opinion out there. Small adjustments to specific vehicles would be nice, but the whole system needs rework in my opinion.

Just now, trashpanda said:

I think everything related to vehicles need an overhaul. Currently APB vehicles feel as if their top speed is 50 KM/H and as if they’re gliding on the road instead of actually driving, just as if you’re playing with a toy car on a table. Cars need to handle and accelerate a lot more realistically, and also act very differently on impact. Currently, in crashes, they simply bounce off or slow down, with minimal damage to the hull. (I’m guessing the current engine doesn’t allow many changes to be made, whether it be handling, top speed, or crash aftermath) Cars should behave as if they would in the event of a crash. Even GTA V, has far better vehicle mechanics, regardless of being crapped on compared to GTA IV. I know it’s a HUGE amount of work to re-do it completely, I’m sure UE has more realistic default car crash physics which can be used to improve upon.

Anyway, my intention wasn’t to create any  conflict or to criticize LO’s work, especially since they haven’t done any on vehicles just yet. Wanted to get my opinion out there. Small adjustments to specific vehicles would be nice, but the whole system needs rework in my opinion.

While at it, NPC vehicles also need work. Their behaviour is completely irrational, as they will completely freeze once lightly tapped. They will also not move if there’s an obstacle on the road.

And to add, cars beside Jericho, Bishada, Vegas, Mikro and Pioneer/Espacio and Growl are completely disregarded, and with good cause. I think the game needs a different type of vehicle that people will actually use, instead of more of the same. Other types of cars need a SERIOUS buff, making them worthy of use, even compared to the godly Vegas, which is quite literally what the 90% of the players use.

6 hours ago, trashpanda said:

While at it, NPC vehicles also need work. Their behaviour is completely irrational, as they will completely freeze once lightly tapped. They will also not move if there’s an obstacle on the road.
The top speed being seemingly slow is very important for gameplay. If it were any higher than what nitro offers, it could allow players to jump cars out of the map, or into out of bound areas much more easily.
The top speed is perfectly fine as it is. The fake gear changing audio does the trick well enough to convince us that we're going pretty fast.

Also as a matter of fact there are changes in driving when a vehicles is damage. Handling isn't affected, but acceleration and top speed is reduced depending on the amount of damage taken, and if you haven't already noticed, when your car starts to catch on fire you gradually slow to a stop and at some point the throttle doesn't work anymore. a change in handling would be more realistic, but in a game like APB it would be pretty annoying. Edited by IAmDisappointSon