79 replies to this topic

Yallentins

Yallentins

Wolverine

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1339 posts
  • Joined 05-October 10

Of course we don't offer WarRock at the moment (hint-hint Dream Execution – we have a VERY nice new datacenter in Europe, and some great original WarRock GMs that could jump back in the game again, and clearly we know how this tech works) but maybe there is a future FPS on GamersFirst that you might like. You will have up to 24 months to spend your new credits.

Reconnect WarRock to GamersFirst?

On a side note, with the whole debacle of the transfer, and the apparent dramatic loss of players the game has had in its new location, we are creating an open invitation to Dream Execution to bring back WarRock to GamersFirst.

There are two ways this can be done, either we can publish it, or Nexon EU can simply federate logins with the GamersFirst platform to let the old WarRock players continue logging in to WarRock using the G1 logins and G1 payments, but play the game on Nexon's servers. So many options J. Or we can just launch our own future FPS, potentially in the APB family of games instead (hint?)

Does it mean you want War Rock back?

Well why did you give it away? You were forced by DE or who decides such a process?

Would be cool to see all the old GMs, but Nexon Europe is doing a good job until now.

Thanks for you support btw :computerbrain:

Posted Image

Facts are meaningless. You could use facts to prove anything that's even remotely true!

Mansk

Mansk

Elite

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1091 posts
  • Joined 22-April 11
You aren't exactly helping your case by calling people paedophiles, you understand that right?... Certainly makes it hard to take what you say seriously.

Edited by Mansk, 20 January 2013 - 04:40 AM.

[ Fallen Earth Knowledgebase | Help Encyclopedia (FAQ) | Join the Wasteland Hazmat volunteer Team ]

THINK SMART

Check the FAQ/Knowledgebase / Ask in help chat / Contact a Hazmat volunteer directly / Contact a GM.
(Only go straight to a GM if it is an urgent issue that can't be resolved through other means. If there is no GM on, contact support here.

I am no longer part of the Wasteland Hazmat volunteer team, therefore this information is provided "AS IS"

Paull

Paull

Elite

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1537 posts
  • Joined 05-August 09

Would be cool to see all the old GMs, but Nexon Europe is doing a good job until now.

What are they doing right? the fact they have servers in EU and G1 didn't for the last few months they handled warrock (probably because it wasn't worth to get any) or the fact DE. seems to be giving updates more lately to them? NX completely sucks in communication with players and even conducting the forums, they can't even handle the trolls..

Posted Image

Yallentins

Yallentins

Wolverine

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1339 posts
  • Joined 05-October 10

What are they doing right? the fact they have servers in EU and G1 didn't for the last few months they handled warrock (probably because it wasn't worth to get any) or the fact DE. seems to be giving updates more lately to them? NX completely sucks in communication with players and even conducting the forums, they can't even handle the trolls..

Just said it would be nice to see the old guys not that they did a good job in the past. How would you solve an unsolvable hackerproblem btw? :Hmm:

Posted Image

Facts are meaningless. You could use facts to prove anything that's even remotely true!

Paull

Paull

Elite

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1537 posts
  • Joined 05-August 09

Just said it would be nice to see the old guys not that they did a good job in the past. How would you solve an unsolvable hackerproblem btw? :Hmm:

brrrrrrr I meant the second part of the sentence that NX is doing great job so far

Posted Image

xxxretailm60xxx

xxxretailm60xxx

Conscript

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 262 posts
  • Joined 22-August 11
Well I would like to thank you for such an in depth explaination of the hole situasion, and I beleive G1 version rather than Nexon.

Like previously members have asked, why did G1 stop publishing WarRock?

I always thought that you guys gave up on the hackers situasion, and saw WR as a sinking ship, that's why you didn't want to host it anymore.

And the retail sales was just a final way to get the last penny out of WR...

What's intresting is that now it seems like you want it back?

I don't mind GamersFirst host Warrock again, as long as they ban more hackers like Nexon is doing.

By the way, where are you from Bjorn? You're name sounds very Swedish/Norwegian :P

It's been a while since I was here. I decided to check up on the marketplace to see new things, and I see a million permanent guns being sold. What happened to the rarity of these weapons? I remember the times I was a proud owner of a retail (permanent 8th slot) M134 and M60. Now it's just being handed out like candy for the (I don't know if this is the right word) wealthy.

Yallentins

Yallentins

Wolverine

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1339 posts
  • Joined 05-October 10

brrrrrrr I meant the second part of the sentence that NX is doing great job so far

Well the most thing that I and I think the community appreciates are the exp events. :rofl:

Posted Image

Paull

Paull

Elite

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1537 posts
  • Joined 05-August 09

Well the most thing that I and I think the community appreciates are the exp events. :rofl:

this was fixed by DE. either, so i'm asking once again what NX is doing great and G1 didn't :nunchucks:

Posted Image

maligno93

maligno93

Grunt

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 83 posts
  • Joined 01-July 08
@TechMech: I've read all of the three pages of the thread, and I have a simple question: you said

The transfer contract told us that we had to transfer all the data in the WarRock database, which meant transferring whatever information DreamExecution had designed for it to store (and their design was apparently only able to record information about one permanent gun per account). For all we knew back then Nexon EU maybe had some crazy plan to re-sell their own additional permanent guns after the transfer and simply didn't want all the old items. Turns out, in reality both they and Dream Execution potentially didn't understand how WarRock US actually worked.

So you say that all of the warrock data was transferred... BUT, then you say that DE always thought that player could have only one permanent gun per account. So DE, in the contract, said to transfer ONLY ONE permanent gun per account or all of them? AND, if you knew that DE asked only for one permanent weapon, why did you not transferred all of them anyway? (maybe thinking that a problem in the future could happen?). Basically, what I cannot understand is if the data of the multiple weapons were migrated from G1 to Nexon servers or not. Because if you did that, well, the problem in ONLY on NEXON/DE side, but if you did not, well, even if the contract with DE said to transfer only one weapon, with a little common sense you could have easily transferred all the permanent weapons to avoid problems like this.

I'm not accusing you nor the whole G1 staff, I'm only asking for a clarification.. Thank you.

EDIT: here is what a NE admin says about the issue:

There was no Data lost, it was simply not transferred over , it was not part of the data we got for transfering.

SO, the permanent multi weapon data was NOT transferred by G1 to NE just because the contract didn't talk about that? Where is the real truth?

Edited by maligno93, 20 January 2013 - 05:48 AM.

ninjap0wz

ninjap0wz

Elite

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1499 posts
  • Joined 23-June 08

I don't mind GamersFirst host Warrock again, as long as they ban more hackers like Nexon is doing.

Here's a theory. It is no secret how Nexon has been handling the hackers. There are 2 issues I have with that statement.
1. They have been considerably more public with the bans that have been occurring from what I can see. They have posted public ban-lists that describe who was banned for that particular week was it? I'm not sure exactly how they were running things over there, since when the switch happened I just gave up on the game, predicting Nexon would be sloppy in their execution.
Basically, what I'm trying to say is it might appear as if they are banning more making all that information public.
2. The community has dwindled down to the last few remaining hard-cores from years ago. There hasn't been a great adaptation of new members after the switch. Actually, a lot of the people at least I know gave up as well per the reasons I stated above.
Either way, smaller community equals less hackers.

SO, the permanent multi weapon data was NOT transferred by G1 to NE just because the contract didn't talk about that? Where is the real truth?

I'm sure you read TechMech's response. He stated that in order to allow for multiple permanent 8'th slot weapons, they had to complete a work around on the issue. They ended up using the G1 website as the fundamental piece in this "fix", that's why you had to use the website to change your permanent weapon.
DE requested all the WarRock databases, what they sent G1. From what Tech explained, they tried explaining to DE essentially that their version was different, and that the multiple perm 8'th slot weapons were not included in the Database that was talked about in the contract. It appears as if DE just didn't understand how G1 ran the game different in that unique way, leading to this sort of information being looked over by both parties (NE and DE).

Edited by ninjap0wz, 20 January 2013 - 06:06 AM.

maligno93

maligno93

Grunt

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 83 posts
  • Joined 01-July 08

I'm sure you read TechMech's response. He stated that in order to allow for multiple permanent 8'th slot weapons, they had to complete a work around on the issue. They ended up using the G1 website as the fundamental piece in this "fix", that's why you had to use the website to change your permanent weapon.
DE requested all the WarRock databases, what they sent G1. From what Tech explained, they tried explaining to DE essentially that their version was different, and that the multiple perm 8'th slot weapons were not included in the Database that was talked about in the contract. It appears as if DE just didn't understand how G1 ran the game different in that unique way, leading to this sort of information being looked over by both parties (NE and DE).

Ok, but, you will agree with me that, even if the contract between G1 and DE was ONLY to transfer the warrock database (and NOT the G1's site one, which contained the information regarding multi retails), G1 could have transferred also the missing part of the data. What I'm trying to explain is, even if DE misunderstood the way G1 managed to get multi permanent weapons, on the other side G1 could have migrated also the information of their site without any effort. In this case NE is out of this problem, because when they received all of the warrock database, the information about multi retails were NOT present, and they did not know how G1 ran the game previously. If it's so, NE it's not in fault, because the problem was a misunderstanding between G1 (who stored the multi retail data in thei site's database) and DE (who thought, even if G1 tried to explain, that all of the warrock data was stored on the warrock database which was given back). The simple question now is: why G1 did not transferred everything if knew that DE did not understand the way they run the game? There is no reason... And this is what I'm asking now... (I'm not accusing G1/DE/NE, I'm asking for clarification...)

Edited by maligno93, 20 January 2013 - 06:26 AM.

Paull

Paull

Elite

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1537 posts
  • Joined 05-August 09

Ok, but, you will agree with me that, even if the contract between G1 and DE was ONLY to transfer the warrock database (and NOT the G1's site one, which contained the information regarding multi retails), G1 could have transferred also the missing part of the data. What I'm trying to explain is, even if DE misunderstood the way G1 managed to get multi permanent weapons, on the other side G1 could have migrated also the information of their site without any effort. In this case NE is out of this problem, because when they received all of the warrock database, the information about multi retails were NOT present, and they did not know how G1 ran the game previously. If it's so, NE it's not in fault, because the problem was a misunderstanding between G1 (who stored the multi retail data in thei site's database) and DE (who thought, even if G1 tried to explain, that all of the warrock data was stored on the warrock database which was given back). The simple question now is: why G1 did not transferred everything if knew that DE did not understand the way they run the game? There is no reason... And this is what I'm asking now... (I'm not accusing G1/DE/NE, I'm asking for clarification...)

Dude, it's like saying a student could study 2 units on only 1 unit test because why not?

Posted Image

maligno93

maligno93

Grunt

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 83 posts
  • Joined 01-July 08

Dude, it's like saying a student could study 2 units on only 1 unit test because why not?

Well, this is not the case. Regardless if multi retails were transferred or not, G1 have been already paid by us. So, they could have transferred all of the site's data from their site database to the databse they gave to DE without any effort. As far as we know, G1 had no reason not to transfer all of their data. Doing this, they dissatisfied all of the warrock players... Anyway, this is only my opinion.

EDIT: Thinking now, G1 had no reason to not transmit the mutiple retail information to DE... So G1 could have transferred it and DE, who NEVER liked the story of the multiple permanent items, could have modified/deleted the details regarding the other permanent weapons from the G1 database... Well, probably we will never knew the truth, and, as always happens, who loses in this case are always the players...

Edited by maligno93, 20 January 2013 - 07:02 AM.

Frap

Frap

Elite

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1817 posts
  • Joined 22-October 09
I don't see why G1 should have transfered any data the was NOT requested. According to techmech, they advised D.E/Nexon to take the Web data and they still did NOT request it. G1 would probably have been breaking the terms of the contract if they transfered data that wasn't asked for.

Smashpaw7

Smashpaw7

Initiate

• Members
  • 7 posts
  • Joined 18-January 13

Neume really did go to bat for the game, and actually so did a lot of people on this end. But 16-hour time difference and some of the initial cultural differences made it a very hard task. I am sure both sides could have handled it better back then. However, toward the end all sides actually started behaving much better (maybe we all grow up over time), so when we finally split, that was actually pretty unfortunate. I think if we did work with DE again in the future, it would be a much different (and better) relationship.

You sir, are amazing. Thank you for clarifying this situation. I can say honestly that the only gripe I had about the 5 years warrock spent with G1, was one banned account. Obviously all I received from support was automated responses, even though I tried to explain the exact reason I was banned, which I knew to be 100% true. I live in northeast ohio, I started a new job, and was on the road a lot, so i broke down and purchased a laptop so I would have something to do at nights in the hotel room. I was in New York at the time, had just finished downloading warrock, and was playing my 2nd game, when I got banned. I submitted multiple tickets, and made several attempts to contact admins, to explain why I got banned (suspected account sharing, considering I was playing from Wifi in an entirely different state) however I got no where. What made me most sad was that this was my glorified AI_AW retail. :( BTW TechMech, if you are ever feeling bored, look up aviophobia. I am sure the ban reason will be listed as multiple IP (account sharing). I am sure now even if unbanned, I would not be able to get that retail into nexon, but hey, maybe you guys will get the game back. :)

ninjap0wz

ninjap0wz

Elite

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1499 posts
  • Joined 23-June 08

I don't see why G1 should have transfered any data the was NOT requested. According to techmech, they advised D.E/Nexon to take the Web data and they still did NOT request it. G1 would probably have been breaking the terms of the contract if they transfered data that wasn't asked for.

Exactly. They fulfilled their contractual obligations. They asked if DE wanted it, they didn't take it.

maligno93

maligno93

Grunt

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 83 posts
  • Joined 01-July 08

Exactly. They fulfilled their contractual obligations. They asked if DE wanted it, they didn't take it.

Ok. If it's so I suppose that a similar contract was established with DE time before the termination of the warrock service. If they knew that DE DID NOT requested this type of data, and they would not transferred that data to DE, WHY did they SOLD THOUSANDS OF PERMANENT WEAPONS? I'm quite happy with NE now, and I sincerely hope that G1 will NEVER get Warrock back. It's useless now to talk here, because, as I said before, in these cases who loses are only the players. Nexon received the data as it was transferred from G1 to DE, so the "problem" was between these last two. Asking at both of them it's pointless, because G1 will try to accuse the other part, as we can see in the first post of this thread, and the other will do the same. Cheers ^^

Yallentins

Yallentins

Wolverine

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1339 posts
  • Joined 05-October 10

Asking at both of them it's pointless, because G1 will try to accuse the other part, as we can see in the first post of this thread, and the other will do the same. Cheers ^^

The main problem is why it took 7 months before Nexon Europe discovered that issue.

Edited by Yallentins, 20 January 2013 - 09:40 AM.

Posted Image

lohawk3

lohawk3

Elitez

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 303 posts
  • Joined 07-June 09

The main problem is why it took 7 months before Nexon Europe discovered that issue.

It took them 6-7 months to contact DE directly about it, not discovering the issue. Nexon was aware of the problem and was working on it beforehand without the community knowing, thinking that it may be resolved without having to reveal to the public in an unorthodox way..

Edited by lohawk3, 20 January 2013 - 10:16 AM.

Posted Image
You've met a terrible fate..... haven't you?

Paull

Paull

Elite

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1537 posts
  • Joined 05-August 09

It took them 6-7 months to contact DE directly about it, not discovering the issue. Nexon was aware of the problem and was working on it beforehand without the community knowing, thinking that it may be resolved without having to reveal to the public in an unorthodox way..

and it took them 7 months? come on.. :happyface:

Posted Image

lohawk3

lohawk3

Elitez

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 303 posts
  • Joined 07-June 09

and it took them 7 months? come on.. :happyface:

Probably would've taken them longer if lnfuriate didn't pursue Nexon. Thats the sad part lol

Posted Image
You've met a terrible fate..... haven't you?

Paull

Paull

Elite

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1537 posts
  • Joined 05-August 09

Probably would've taken them longer if lnfuriate didn't pursue Nexon. Thats the sad part lol

so. many. specialists. in. da. house.

:zombie3:

Posted Image

maligno93

maligno93

Grunt

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 83 posts
  • Joined 01-July 08
I hope G1 will be caught under a big class action or something like this. At this point it's quite clear to clever people that G1 KNEW TIME BEFORE the termination of the service that THE WEB DATABASE was not going to be transferred to DE and then to Nexon. And, despite of this, they SOLD THOUSANDS OF RETAILS and gained HUNDREDS OF THOUSANDS DOLLARS FROM US! I really hope we (players) will take a revenge. you should change your name in "GamersFirst", and now you can ban me, I will never spent other time with this fraudulent company. 3200G1 credits you will give us (maybe) are not real. G1 credits are virtual currency, it's totally different from the REAL money we spent in retails. And it's quite stupid thinking that the 40$ of virtual money you will give away will calm us or will convince us to join any other G1 game, or maybe spend more money in your games. Just stupid people could do something like this... And now just continue negating the facts and the evidence. LOL

Ben 

Ben 

Ascended

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3308 posts
  • Joined 13-November 09

On a side note, with the whole debacle of the transfer, and the apparent dramatic loss of players the game has had in its new location, we are creating an open invitation to Dream Execution to bring back WarRock to GamersFirst.

Techmech are you serious or maybe you was drunk?

Can't understand that an CEO write such things.

Nothing against you and I don't know why you SAY this but shouldn't we find a solution for the "retails problem" instead of discussing where the game has the best future? I mean, 5 years in which nothing happend, week to week more problems and cheater. Warrock is now at a publisher who is not only interested in money!

Edited by -Ben-, 20 January 2013 - 11:42 AM.

gotitdone

gotitdone

aka Hoss

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 17009 posts
  • Joined 11-June 08
To clarify;
You have the data on what G1 accounts purchased retails but you do not have the information on what warrock account had the retail applied to. Do you still have the information on what wr accounts were linked to the g1 account that the purchase was made on?

The inherent vice of capitalism is the unequal sharing of blessings; the inherent virtue
of socialism is the equal sharing of miseries.- Winston Churchill

admin post tracker
How to submit a ticket
http://ffbans.org/

TechMech

TechMech

The All Seeing Eye

• Reloaded Administrators
  • 290 posts
  • Joined 29-May 09

I hope G1 will be caught under a big class action or something like this. At this point it's quite clear to clever people that G1 KNEW TIME BEFORE the termination of the service that THE WEB DATABASE was not going to be transferred to DE and then to Nexon. [...] I really hope we (players) will take a revenge.

Hi Maligno.

First of all, keep in mind that most who bought perma guns only purchased one, even during the last phase of the game. Those are of course all succefully transferred already.

Second the explanation for the whole mess is actually quite simple. Transferring any game from one publisher to another is a giant messy complicated nightmare of an exercise. It involves large number of people and engineers code and databases, and what's perceived as a small optional feature (the multiple permanent guns) can easily get lost in the shuffle without either side intending for anyone to get screwed. So I totally understand how it happened. As far as we know neither side willfully tried doing anything bad. To our knowledge we even pointed out the reliance of WarRock on other parts of GamersFirst (which of course means we cannot give our non-WR code to Nexon), but the significance of this was probably lost on the parties. I am not even sure our own managers in the middle of the transfer realized this was an issue.

Of course to players this is a really big important function. And of course we put that function of multi perma gun switching in place several years ago (it was not something that was invented just before the transfer).

The problem is just the time lag between the transfer, and the new publisher realizing they provided reduced functionality for their players.

Also I am a bit sad at your characterization of us. We only succeed when the players we serve are happy with the service. And from your tone it sounds like we have lost you as a customer. Regardless I will still respond to your postings here (even as a non-customer). Back in the 'olden-days' there clearly were situations that could have been handled better, but since our restructure it should be pretty clear we are a very different and evolving company. And obviously we are here trying to help DE and NE sort out a situation that should have been addressed long ago.

I also need to clarify something else. We have no beef with Nexon until they started claiming we were willfully withholding something (which I guess is more annoying than anything). So in response to their postings (and the sleuthing work done by Infuriate) we have posted as complete an explanation as we can.

In fact we wish Nexon well and success in publishing this and any other game they may publish (and of course every game publisher wishes cheaters and hackers would just go away). For the benefit of all players I don't have a shred of ill will toward them.

As a publisher we would of course be happy to work with DE again in the future. And as I said before, we all grow up over time, and these relationships are like marriages. After a long time you may think there is something better out there. Sometimes that's true. Sometime it's not. And sometimes it doesn't matter, since every relationship has ups and downs.

Maligno, I hope that makes sense. Happy to continue the thread.

Paull

Paull

Elite

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1537 posts
  • Joined 05-August 09

Nothing against you and I don't know why you created this but shouldn't we find a solution for the "retails problem" instead of discussing where the game has the best future? I mean, 5 years in which nothing happend, week to week more problems and cheater. Warrock is now at a publisher who is not only interested in money!

It seems to me that you're about 12 years old and you don't remember how warrock looked like 5 years ago, it was SHINING, it started sliding down the hill 2,5 years ago when DE released special football content and frame lags knocked to our doors, then it was only worse because they started to make more mistakes in the updates and more bugs popped up. I really feel sorry for Jericho because he was the one who had to face all the haters who thought it's all their fault. I'm not saying Nemico was saint but it wasn't their fault that warrock lost its demand.

Posted Image

TechMech

TechMech

The All Seeing Eye

• 290 posts
  • Joined 29-May 09

To clarify;
You have the data on what G1 accounts purchased retails but you do not have the information on what warrock account had the retail applied to. Do you still have the information on what wr accounts were linked to the g1 account that the purchase was made on?

It's actually not yet clear we actually have that mapping data (remember that was functionality that crossed over from the game to our site, and we deleted the game portion of the data). Our devs will have to work that out next week. I am hoping its there.

Smashpaw7

Smashpaw7

Initiate

• Members
  • 7 posts
  • Joined 18-January 13
TechMech, For some odd reason, although doubts are still being raised on Nexon, I find myself compelled to believe your story whole-heartily. I also find it amazing that the CEO is actually on forums posting and responding to players that for the most part do not even play their games anymore. Hats off to you, and I hope you read my other post.

Darkkday

Darkkday

aka Tom

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 634 posts
  • Joined 18-April 11

Nothing against you and I don't know why you SAY this but shouldn't we find a solution for the "retails problem" instead of discussing where the game has the best future? I mean, 5 years in which nothing happend, week to week more problems and cheater. Warrock is now at a publisher who is not only interested in money!

5 years in which nothing happend? C'mon, bro. The first few years of Warrock were awesome. Never had so much fun in another shooter. Warrock had it's up and downs during the G1 time, but it WAS better than at Nexon at the moment. Warrock sucks since they transferd it tbh. Nothing happend, most of the problems are still there.
I know G1 made a lot, REALLY A LOT, of mistakes, but Nexon isn't better and this thread seems to be a nice note from G1, which were all the time really friendly (like Jericho, who really fought for the Community).

When will the fantasy end, when will the heaven begin?
Posted Image
Example - The evolution of man

Paull

Paull

Elite

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1537 posts
  • Joined 05-August 09

5 years in which nothing happend? C'mon, bro. The first few years of Warrock were awesome. Never had so much fun in another shooter. Warrock had it's up and downs during the G1 time, but it WAS better than at Nexon at the moment. Warrock sucks since they transferd it tbh. Nothing happend, most of the problems are still there.
I know G1 made a lot, REALLY A LOT, of mistakes, but Nexon isn't better and this thread seems to be a nice note from G1, which were all the time really friendly (like Jericho, who really fought for the Community).

That's right. They're just trying to divide players attention from real game problems by publishing ban lists and making exp events on servers...

Posted Image

Yallentins

Yallentins

Wolverine

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1339 posts
  • Joined 05-October 10

I always said that we need to give Nexon Europe time to understand how the game works and how to deal with cheaters and the community. Well Jayssi answered some questions, but it's not the same we had at G1.

Unfortunately nothing happened in the last 7 months. Just some new maps and weapons, but what about us, the community? Just some EXP Events to satisfy? There was unfortunately never a dialogue between the GMs and the community.

At G1 we had Jericho, the Community Manager and as you aleady said he fought for the War Rock community. :notworthy:

Edited by Yallentins, 20 January 2013 - 12:07 PM.

Posted Image

ShezaEU

ShezaEU

Initiate

• Members
  • 11 posts
  • Joined 04-January 11

Hi Maligno. [...SNIP...]
and what's perceived as a small optional feature (the multiple permanent guns) can easily get lost in the shuffle without either side intending for anyone to get screwed.

On this point I would like to discuss further:

Firstly, this isn't a small optional feature. Not only are we talking about a large amount of money per 8th slot weapon, are you forgetting that GamersFirst held a massive permanent weapon sale just weeks before the transfer? So you're telling me that in the transfer process, you headlined a huge sale event, but then managed to simply forget that a large volume of permanent items has been sold, many of which were added to a player's existing arsenal of permanent weapons?

That doesn't make sense to me.

While I'm at it, are you able to divulge why the contract to publish War Rock ended with you, since you seem to eager to get it back?

Edited by ShezaEU, 20 January 2013 - 12:08 PM.

xArcadian1x

xArcadian1x

Initiate

• Members
  • 7 posts
  • Joined 18-August 11

Hi Maligno.

First of all, keep in mind that most who bought perma guns only purchased one, even during the last phase of the game. Those are of course all succefully transferred already.

Second the explanation for the whole mess is actually quite simple. Transferring any game from one publisher to another is a giant messy complicated nightmare of an exercise. It involves large number of people and engineers code and databases, and what's perceived as a small optional feature (the multiple permanent guns) can easily get lost in the shuffle without either side intending for anyone to get screwed. So I totally understand how it happened. As far as we know neither side willfully tried doing anything bad. To our knowledge we even pointed out the reliance of WarRock on other parts of GamersFirst (which of course means we cannot give our non-WR code to Nexon), but the significance of this was probably lost on the parties. I am not even sure our own managers in the middle of the transfer realized this was an issue.

Of course to players this is a really big important function. And of course we put that function of multi perma gun switching in place several years ago (it was not something that was invented just before the transfer).

The problem is just the time lag between the transfer, and the new publisher realizing they provided reduced functionality for their players.

Also I am a bit sad at your characterization of us. We only succeed when the players we serve are happy with the service. And from your tone it sounds like we have lost you as a customer. Regardless I will still respond to your postings here (even as a non-customer). Back in the 'olden-days' there clearly were situations that could have been handled better, but since our restructure it should be pretty clear we are a very different and evolving company. And obviously we are here trying to help DE and NE sort out a situation that should have been addressed long ago.

I also need to clarify something else. We have no beef with Nexon until they started claiming we were willfully withholding something (which I guess is more annoying than anything). So in response to their postings (and the sleuthing work done by Infuriate) we have posted as complete an explanation as we can.

In fact we wish Nexon well and success in publishing this and any other game they may publish (and of course every game publisher wishes cheaters and hackers would just go away). For the benefit of all players I don't have a shred of ill will toward them.

As a publisher we would of course be happy to work with DE again in the future. And as I said before, we all grow up over time, and these relationships are like marriages. After a long time you may think there is something better out there. Sometimes that's true. Sometime it's not. And sometimes it doesn't matter, since every relationship has ups and downs.

Maligno, I hope that makes sense. Happy to continue the thread.

(small optional feature (the multiple permanent guns) can easily get lost in the shuffle without either side intending for anyone to get screwed. ) Just simple advice
next time pay more attention to small optional feature since that feature is what is making this mess, so is not so small.

Edited by xArcadian1x, 20 January 2013 - 12:09 PM.

Impossibility

Impossibility

Conscript

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 101 posts
  • Joined 03-July 09
Everything you guys have said, are true.
There were many issues with WarRock at G1, and they did try to fix it, but it took a long time.

The issue with the soccer event, well, they fixed Gunlag as you remember, but created framelag.
Then tried to fix the framelag, aswell, to no avail.

Atleast TechMech is being reasonable with everyone, which, of course, is something the G1 Admins, for WarRock, never did.

colossal

colossal

duhh winning

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2806 posts
  • Joined 22-January 09
@TechMech

lnfuriate says: "Why when you knew weeks or even months in advance that the permanent items would not be included in the migration, why you continued to sell them?"

lnfuriate says: "because he allowed his mods to delete my posts and block my concerns, i will use other channels from here on out." "I stand up for people's rights. Most things i negotiated with Sima Semaree were for others behalf and had no affect on me."

he is logged into the forums right now as .dorkslayer. and request to be unblocked so he can respond.

lnfuriate = .dorkslayer.

Edited by colossal, 20 January 2013 - 12:19 PM.

Impossibility

Impossibility

Conscript

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 101 posts
  • Joined 03-July 09
So, to think about this a bit further,

G1 Had massive sales, and TOLD NEXON AND DE that there were Multiple perm 8th slots,
DE/NE Couldn't understand this concept because they were use to single 8th slots.
It was only after the game had switched and we all started flaming about it, that they realized how bad the issue was.
By the time NE took action, it was too late, for the information had been deleted.

Thanks to TechMech, they are trying to re-create the "proof of purchases" I'm assuming, per account and send it to Nexon.
However, this also means that not EVERYONE will get it, because some of it may be lost.
As for NE and DE not understanding what was said, and "screwing us over" as TechMech said, he is willing to give anyone who purchased a permanent 8th slot, 3200 G1Credits to use at the game company, which has grown up and changed from when we last left.
And is willing to host WarRock again, to prove they have changed.

This entire issue, doesn't seem to be G1's fault, it seems ot be DE/NE's fault for not understanding the concept of multiple 8th slots, before the migration.

Make sense now?

Edit: Also, for not taking action sooner about getting this information.

Edited by Impossibility, 20 January 2013 - 12:24 PM.

Paull

Paull

Elite

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1537 posts
  • Joined 05-August 09
Hey, Techmech, I really appreciate you're sitting here on a beautiful american morning (I guess) while you should have a free day but could you reveal some good news in this mess and reveal to us something about G1's future? (I mean any new games) :D

Posted Image

TechMech

TechMech

The All Seeing Eye

• 290 posts
  • Joined 29-May 09
So after nearly 80 posts on the topic I am going to close it. It seems we have exhausted it.

Once we complete the 'proof of purchase' list and send it to Nexon I will open a new thread that you guys can ask any further questions in.

.dorkslayer/Infuriate: again - we answered that. We presumed (incorrectly) that NE would implement whatever system they needed to support the functionality that was there. And most people who purchased the perms at the end did get their guns transferred because the number of players with MORE THAN ONE is actually quite small (though of course - not small on the forums - we find that the people who post a lot and who buy many guns tend to be the same :) - which is why y'all are here)

Also - as far as new games - the answer is "yes - stayed tuned". There will be a future FPS that will be very much to the liking to fomer WarRock players. :)

Stay tuned for the new thread when we send out the list to DE and NE...

Cheers!

BMWTR

BMWTR

Elite

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1414 posts
  • Joined 12-May 11
(Türkçe diline erişmek için aşağıdaki linke tıklayınız)

Translated to Turkish language: http://forums.gamers...emli-gelimeler/

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users