MattScott

End of July 2018 Update (1.19.6 on OTW)

33 minutes ago, SandyBitch said:
5 hours ago, Puffdragon said:
I did what u told me, still getting lead to the network framwork 4.0 even tho i have 4.5 installed, same goes for Visual Studio 2012 C++ Runtime, installed both directly from microsoft. I am still getting the error message, sooo, i guess, I am not allowed to install OTW client
control panel > uninstall a program(Programs and Features) > Turn on windows feature
You should see framework 4.5(or the latest 4.7) in there. Hit the checkbox press ok and let it install. Or download 4.0/4.5 from the Microsoft site

My actual problem isnt about framework network, it is still the virtual studio c++ runtime thingy, but i thought it may helps to install both to not get asked to install those 2 programs again

1 hour ago, SandyBitch said:

My actual problem isnt about framework network, it is still the virtual studio c++ runtime thingy, but i thought it may helps to install both to not get asked to install those 2 programs again

I'm sorry that didn't work for you. I have no other solution than what others have suggested.

Lol LO, yu can't handle a server with 80 players without lags, what about 100 players then ? 

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Weeqs said:

Lol LO, yu can't handle a server with 80 players without lags, what about 100 players then ? 

its all part of version 1.19.6 which currently is NOT on the live server. let them collect their data's

This is the worst update ever... You just ruined all of the assault rifle players game. When you will refund for those players who bought armas weapon with preset improved rifling 3 ?!

Improved rifling 3 is worst than ever. Why did u do this ?! Nobody caomplained about the mod. It was good, but u wrecked it. Now every armas weapon with preset improved 3 is useless. And by the way, impro 3 is now usless in other cases too. Thanks little orbit, just kill the remain of the game. GG.... You should focus on important stuff not this shit

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Kreedz said:

GG.... You should focus on important stuff not this shit

+1
like stable servers,matchmaking,new content..maybe? 🤨 also finishing the upgrade to 3.5 Edited by BingoBookBG
  • Thanks 1

@MattScott I really like the new friend system implement which reduce the grief or stalkers for someone want to enjoy the game, but i wonder why  /who command still exist in the game ? anyone can check each district individually and search for the person who want to stalk , streamsnipe or grief

I am looking forward for this command to be removed soon from the game

3 hours ago, Kreedz said:

This is the worst update ever... You just ruined all of the assault rifle players game. When you will refund for those players who bought armas weapon with preset improved rifling 3 ?!

Improved rifling 3 is worst than ever. Why did u do this ?! Nobody caomplained about the mod. It was good, but u wrecked it. Now every armas weapon with preset improved 3 is useless. And by the way, impro 3 is now usless in other cases too. Thanks little orbit, just kill the remain of the game. GG.... You should focus on important stuff not this shit

Have you actually tried the weapons?
IR3 gives +2m more range, and the slower RoF actually improves bloom recovery when fired full auto.
For tap firing, the slower RoF has no effect at all. Edited by CookiePuss
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Dicelz said:
@MattScott I really like the new friend system implement which reduce the grief or stalkers for someone want to enjoy the game, but i wonder why  /who command still exist in the game ? anyone can check each district individually and search for the person who want to stalk , streamsnipe or grief

My point is i waited for this friend list update too couse there are some ppl griefing wich got some "special skills" wich have nothing to do with the game well today update came but u can still grief with friend list in this text u said u whipe all friend lists pls do as u said couse if u delete someone on ur fl u stay on his one and he can still see were u are going so grief problem still there i tested it with a good friend it makes it useless for the grief avoid then so pls do that wipe so u stand to what u said and make it usefull waited long enough for this friend list update hope u fix this soon  

8 minutes ago, TruePirate said:
3 hours ago, Dicelz said:

My point is i waited for this friend list update too couse there are some ppl griefing wich got some "special skills" wich have nothing to do with the game well today update came but u can still grief with friend list in this text u said u whipe all friend lists pls do as u said couse if u delete someone on ur fl u stay on his one and he can still see were u are going so grief problem still there i tested it with a good friend it makes it useless for the grief avoid then so pls do that wipe so u stand to what u said and make it usefull waited long enough for this friend list update hope u fix this soon  
all non reciprocal friends were removed

2 hours ago, CookiePuss said:
all non reciprocal friends were removed

But the ones who are reciprocal stay if i delete one i stay on his fl but that should delete me on theyrs too wich not works 😕 thats still a problem

and sure are they 
reciprocal couse i got em on fl to avoid districts they on so i can play normal without getting the shit hacked out of me all the time xD thats why i want that wipeout wich if not comes was a lie and makes it all useless couse i stay on theyr fl so they still can grief 😧 Edited by TruePirate

They only tested this patch for a week and its been met with alot of dislike. LO ur going to need to reverse these changes and come up with a better balancing. Making it longer to kill ppl is the opposite of what everyone wants and what the game needs.

• Thanks 2

6 hours ago, TruePirate said:

yeah i believe mattscott says the new friend system will wipe the current friend list , but friend list didn't wiped yet so i wonder if they just doing some tests before they actually going for the friend list wipe

31 minutes ago, Dicelz said:
yeah i believe mattscott says the new friend system will wipe the current friend list , but friend list didn't wiped yet so i wonder if they just doing some tests before they actually going for the friend list wipe
only the non mutual friends would be deleted he said in a later post

Yup but still it has been said that if i delete someone from my fl i will be removed from his one too but that dont work yet u stay on the others fl i hope they fix this 

8 hours ago, Darkzero3802 said:

Making it longer to kill ppl is the opposite of what everyone wants and what the game needs.

Don't speak for me please, thanks. Your opinion is yours, not mine. I'm fine with TTK being raised as long as every gun gets their TTK raised and not just the few marksman rifles using IR, the issue is the way it was done this patch, not the idea behind it.

The changes put forth for weapon balances are rushed and terribly tested, having only been in OTW for less than a week with access to mods, with extremely low population.
The "balances" imposed onto the live servers took the game back to the likes of APB's Open Beta Tests. Guns have been buffed and nerfed by comparison to others, the netcode makes your character feel jerky again when you fire, gameplay has been slowed down thanks to the shotguns being overpowered (again). I hate to say this but right now I'm really feeling like I've spent a downpayment on a new car and years of my life to see APB change for the worst. I'm honestly sorry I don't have anything positive to say about anything right now. I'm upset. Thanks for your time anyone who reads this.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

43 minutes ago, BlitzKitty said:

the netcode makes your character feel jerky again when you fire

Unfortunately, it has been this way for a while, I don't know if it has exacerbated the issue because I haven't played since patch except some FC with a shotgun, but at high ping (I play a lot on Citadel and I'm from NA), I often see a noticeable "stutter" when firing with the Carbine such as in this video.

19 hours ago, Darkzero3802 said:

Making it longer to kill ppl is the opposite of what everyone wants and what the game needs.

I'm all for raising the average TTK by a noticable amount.
  • Like 2

11 hours ago, Similarities said:
Unfortunately, it has been this way for a while, I don't know if it has exacerbated the issue because I haven't played since patch except some FC with a shotgun, but at high ping (I play a lot on Citadel and I'm from NA), I often see a noticeable "stutter" when firing with the Carbine such as in this video.
I know it's always been a high ping thing, having tried an extra character slot for citadel back when they were given out due to jericho having issues, but I live in dallas and get max 30ms to the servers, and I'm getting that stutter effect. this was an issue in OBT and if memory serves right they had to increase ping rate on the server side to make it less choppy, essentially it seems LO has cut ping rate to facilitate less stress to the servers, based on a test world that only had 50 people in it tops. You'll see what I mean I'm sure if you play for a bit.

6 hours ago, Revoluzzer said:
You, me, and many others agree on this.

10 minutes ago, Hexerin said:
6 hours ago, Revoluzzer said:

While I'm not a proponent of increasing TTK, I sure as hell think we need to stop the TTK creep that's been going on, because pretty damned soon 0.5s is going to be the standard TTK for CQC guns. The OCA needs to be reverted and we need to stop getting faster and faster guns.

Remember when the LCR was able to out TTK sniper rifles? Now the ISSR-B is just as fast or faster and has a lower STK and better accuracy. APB just has too much power-creep.
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Hexerin said:
8 hours ago, Revoluzzer said:
Source?
  • Like 1