MattScott

End of July 2018 Update (1.19.6 on OTW)

On 8/1/2018 at 12:51 AM, Similarities said:
On 8/1/2018 at 12:41 AM, eXezon said:
What about the players with 240hz monitors?😉
if you can run this game at over 144FPS then you have a literal super computer 
My high end gpu isn't really being pushed by this 145 fps cap, and I don't think my cpu was either. I don't think it would be so terrible difficult actually. you could've hacked the fps cap to see, but with battleeye this isn't really possible.

21 minutes ago, GhosT said:

Exactly, even if the name might sound odd at first, it's way better to have actual names rather than jut some silly nickname for a gun. Could call it the "Colby LCP 357 'Showstopper'" or something. Other names for other presets if they're doing multiple.
Colby LCP .410
Colby LCP 'Showstopper' 
Colby LCP 'Filibuster' 
Colby LCP 'Logjam' 

i dont even know what they would do, but i like it already 😄
  • Like 1

Honestly, i'm just happy that APB is alive and kicking again. :) Please keep up the good work and we'll see the playerbase grow to what it used to be!

14 hours ago, Revoluzzer said:

A big part of APB's value, as far as I'm concerned, is held by the lore. The team at Little Orbit should definitely try and build on the lore instead of watering it down like G1 did.
Keep the nicknames for preset-variants like the original game did, but use more "technical" nomenclature for default and open-slot versions.

The 'Showstopper' is a large caliber pistol, something like "Colby LCP 357" would make sense (obviously replace the number with whatever caliber/shell type you intended the weapon to use).

Posted 2 years ago.
Seeing the high poly models for all the new weapons makes me hopeful for a big visual upgrade later on. I know pretty much every new pack since like open beta had obviously the original high poly version and then the low poly dumbed down version for APB. Aside from better looking clothing I’d love to see properly animated and high quality weapon models some day 

On 7/31/2018 at 3:36 AM, Keshi said:

this is great. thx for the updates matt.

e7b41d3d1a.png

@MattScott would be nice if there can be a "retrieve all from mailbox" button... logged into OTW and saw 53pages 😕

P.s. the shotgun is DEAD
http://plays.tv/video/5b5fa7de7303bd4243/apb-otw-shotgun-1
http://plays.tv/video/5b5fa825e75dc846fe/apb-otw-shotgun-2

what the fuck was those videos ? 

i hope things not get complicated in future. 

Is there a possibility for LO to deploy the framerate limit increase to live before all the weapon reworks get finalized? I almost don't want to go back to live after playing at 144fps with a 144hz monitor on OTW.

Edited by Inory
  • Like 1

On 7/31/2018 at 9:15 AM, Thelnformer said:

- Fixes to Friends system
We found several bad problems with this system that allowed players to grief other players. You will now need to accept friend invites before a friend is added to your account. No other players can see your exact location till you accept the invite - including on the player search feature.

I use this FRIEND system extensively to avoid certain "personalities"  with certain "special abilities". I add them to my friend list and never join an instance if these "special powered" players are there...Pretty sure there are several others in APBR who does the same....

Please dont fix something that doesnt need to be FIX'D 😞

Instead of simply making it "accept to be friends" by default, give it some toggle button, if someone doesnt want to be automatically added , then let them have an option which tells them

"player X wants to be friends"-Yes or NO...wo

Just learn how to play or  wait for the new system matchmaking system lul...

4 hours ago, Rolhen said:
On 7/31/2018 at 1:45 PM, Thelnformer said:

- Fixes to Friends system
We found several bad problems with this system that allowed players to grief other players. You will now need to accept friend invites before a friend is added to your account. No other players can see your exact location till you accept the invite - including on the player search feature.

I use this FRIEND system extensively to avoid certain "personalities"  with certain "special abilities". I add them to my friend list and never join an instance if these "special powered" players are there...Pretty sure there are several others in APBR who does the same....

Please dont fix something that doesnt need to be FIX'D 😞

Instead of simply making it "accept to be friends" by default, give it some toggle button, if someone doesnt want to be automatically added , then let them have an option which tells them

"player X wants to be friends"-Yes or NO...wo

Just learn how to play or  wait for the new system matchmaking system lul...
Did you just assume that im some crappy bronzey silver who avoids good players? Mate i was talking about cheaters....

23 minutes ago, Thelnformer said:
Did you just assume that im some crappy bronzey silver who avoids good players? Mate i was talking about cheaters....
Yes. I play every day and I do not see anyone who is suspicious.

13 hours ago, PersianTiger said:
what the fuck was those videos ? 

i hope things not get complicated in future. 

They fixed it so we good fam 🙂

On 8/1/2018 at 12:51 AM, Similarities said:
On 8/1/2018 at 12:41 AM, eXezon said:
What about the players with 240hz monitors?😉
if you can run this game at over 144FPS then you have a literal super computer 
wow, i have one! great.

14 hours ago, SuperToaster said:
On 8/2/2018 at 10:38 AM, Revoluzzer said:
Seeing the high poly models for all the new weapons makes me hopeful for a big visual upgrade later on. I know pretty much every new pack since like open beta had obviously the original high poly version and then the low poly dumbed down version for APB. Aside from better looking clothing I’d love to see properly animated and high quality weapon models some day 
I'm fairly positive every model in APB exists in a much higher fidelity version (created in zBrush, iirc), as screenshots of them have been shared by the original team during closed beta (and potentially alpha).

On 8/2/2018 at 3:38 AM, Revoluzzer said:

A big part of APB's value, as far as I'm concerned, is held by the lore.

On 8/2/2018 at 3:50 AM, GhosT said:

Exactly
Wait... APB has lore?

rrDJCfG.gif

On 7/31/2018 at 11:15 AM, Thelnformer said:

Avoiding districts will not allow you to avoid specific enemies after new matchmaking gets implemented.

On 7/30/2018 at 7:50 PM, MattScott said:

Hi everyone,

I have posted a new dev blog with the July update on our progress. You can read the details here:
https://apbreloaded.gamersfirst.com/2018/07/end-of-july-update.html

This update covers the details for 1.19.6, the upcoming 1.19.7, progress with Unreal 3.5, and some updates for our console players.

Build 1.19.6 is now available to all players on our Open Test World. Once you log in and create your account, you'll have a bunch of in-game emails waiting with all the weapons in the game to play with. In order to access that system, you need to download an alternate installer for the game. You can download the OTW version of APB here:
OTW Download Link

Thanks,
Matt

Matt, why are not you giving to download OTW? :classic_huh:
  Edited by MrLek

23 minutes ago, MrLek said:
Matt, why are not you giving to download OTW? :classic_huh:
On 7/30/2018 at 6:50 PM, MattScott said:
???

6 minutes ago, BXNNXD said:
???
ERR_CONNECTION_TIMED_OUT

any ETA on when 1.19.6 is live?

2 hours ago, MrLek said:
ERR_CONNECTION_TIMED_OUT

DISCONNECTING IN 58.3 SECONDS

Yeah whatever you guys did with the networking made my hitreg super consistent on OTW. I still DC even on the test servers sadly but not nearly as often as the live servers

APB starting to looks alike MapleStory. when the Zakum will come in-game?

Hey LO Devs,

it appears an error message, when i am trying to install your OTW client. I cant install the Visual Studio 2012 C++ Runtime thingy for whatever reason. Can anyone may help me out with that?

Thanks in Advance

/regards

8 hours ago, SandyBitch said:

Hey LO Devs,

it appears an error message, when i am trying to install your OTW client. I cant install the Visual Studio 2012 C++ Runtime thingy for whatever reason. Can anyone may help me out with that?

Thanks in Advance

/regards

You can probably install it manually via the microsoft website... lol microsoft... get it...

4 hours ago, Puffdragon said:
13 hours ago, SandyBitch said:

Hey LO Devs,

Thanks in Advance

/regards

You can probably install it manually via the microsoft website... lol microsoft... get it...
I did what u told me, still getting lead to the network framwork 4.0 even tho i have 4.5 installed, same goes for Visual Studio 2012 C++ Runtime, installed both directly from microsoft. I am still getting the error message, sooo, i guess, I am not allowed to install OTW client