MattScott

End of July 2018 Update (1.19.6 on OTW)

Just now, Hexerin said:
You don't actually believe that's an acceptable workaround, right?
doesn’t it work just like the group invite notifications? if a small green box that will go away on its own is that much of a problem you should prolly be /dnd at all times
  • Like 1

6 minutes ago, BXNNXD said:
doesn’t it work just like the group invite notifications? if a small green box that will go away on its own is that much of a problem you should prolly be /dnd at all times
Take a moment to realize what /dnd does, and then understand why it isn't a valid workaround to specifically denying trade requests.
  • Like 1

22 hours ago, MattScott said:
Yes. It's a small fix for players with higher refresh rate monitors.
What about the players with 240hz monitors?😉

9 minutes ago, eXezon said:
if you can run this game at over 144FPS then you have a literal super computer 
  • Like 2

5 hours ago, Androvald said:

The notifications seems like a good idea, maybe just a changed marker until you select the item. At the very least, every time the other player makes a change your accept button will gray out for a second to prevent you from accidentally accepting a trade. Adding another 3D preview window into the UI is a bit tricky, especially in the location you're suggesting, so likely not in the first revision of the trade system. You can definitely open the preview window by using the button in the item details.

Thanks for the reply!

I like the idea of the accept button being gray out if you haven't acknowledge the change.

Question I suspect that trades will be combined with the interactions we get while clicking " , " by default will there be a time out or something to refrain some from spamming those that aren't willing to trade or will there be an option for players to be set as " Not Available for trades " ect. ? Might be a good idea to implement either of the 2. 

Regards,

1 hour ago, Similarities said:
1 hour ago, eXezon said:
if you can run this game at over 144FPS then you have a literal super computer 
well, i have no idea how much i can achieve since i run the game at 121fps 

5 hours ago, Androvald said:

You can prevent getting friend / trade invitations by setting your state to do not disturb (/dnd).

I never use /dnd It has too many downsides to keep on forever (stoping trade spam/friend invite spam)
You can't get missions.
Spams /dnd Messages whenever someone whispers you.
It even deactivates if you go afk. 

Add an option in your settings (Auto Decline Trade/Friend Invites)
  • Thanks 1

Just a note on this thread that we have patched OTW with fixes.

Full patch notes here: 

• Thanks 1

I'm still wondering and this question hasn't been answer. When is the full engine upgrade for the PC going to be release?
i still don't get why the console was the first to get it, when the majority of the player base is with the PC.
2019 or something?

So, @Androvald

Will trade system have the 20% tax, like the one from Marketplace? Since this mechanic prevents the creation of a Gold Sink that would inflate economy.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Poperon said:

So, @Androvald

Will trade system have the 20% tax, like the one from Marketplace? Since this mechanic prevents the creation of a Gold Sink that would inflate economy.

Legendaries were intended to Only be sold. So trading was never a sink in the first place (if it was just a 1 to 1 Trade)

On 7/30/2018 at 3:59 PM, Kiida said:
I'm gonna take a guess that it's something along the lines of a shotgun-pistol that we've been teased over for years.

Edit: It is. It's live on OTW right now, using the DOW Thumper sound and has a pretty tight spread.
Here is the inspiration:

https://www.taurususa.com/product-details.cfm?id=199&category=revolver

Taurus_45-410_The_Judge_2-441039T_01.jpg

5 minutes ago, Zolerox said:
1 hour ago, Poperon said:

So, @Androvald

Legendaries were intended to Only be sold. So trading was never a sink in the first place (if it was just a 1 to 1 Trade)

Not about legendaries, but about money itself. People afraid of losing 20% due to taxes, will start taking things off from Marketplace, and start trading them only.

Money won't disappear, prices will start getting inflated. It's a vicious cycle.
  Edited by Poperon

5 hours ago, eXezon said:
Sorry for ya. Game Devs shouldn't build for the 0.05% of the playerbase.

Sucks to be you, friendo.

14 hours ago, BingoBookBG said:

Pls tell me dat this trade system will have option to auto decline request.Otherwise this system can become the most annoying and toxic thing this game can ever have.Imagine all this 8-12 years old chasing u all over Social with theyr adidas hoodie 4 sell...

P.S. This new pistol looks kinda dumb.Really this is the first new content u make for the game?Like "hey we r little orbit and we pull out the small 1!!"
😄 kidding

Like trades can only be done with players from your friendlist and ONLY available in the social district

34 minutes ago, aker said:
15 hours ago, BingoBookBG said:

Pls tell me dat this trade system will have option to auto decline request.Otherwise this system can become the most annoying and toxic thing this game can ever have.Imagine all this 8-12 years old chasing u all over Social with theyr adidas hoodie 4 sell...

P.S. This new pistol looks kinda dumb.Really this is the first new content u make for the game?Like "hey we r little orbit and we pull out the small 1!!"
😄 kidding

Like trades can only be done with players from your friendlist and ONLY available in the social district

Or a minimalist Notification for Trade window appear in the sides of the screen, maybe in the upper side with a simple text like: "PlayerName wants to trade with you. [YES] | [NO]", or in the right side of the screen.

That would need to be the less invasive as possible, like a Slide down to show, Slide up to hide. And Trades would ONLY BE POSSIBLE at Social District.
  Edited by Poperon

i take my words kinda back for what i said about the pistol..this with the preatorian skin looks dumb the rest r not bad

19 hours ago, Androvald said:

You can prevent getting friend / trade invitations by setting your state to do not disturb (/dnd).

So when doing missions (not dnd) people still can bombard  trade request to those who have no interest in trading... I think a tickbox in the main menu would be more efficient tbh.

On 7/31/2018 at 11:55 AM, liav said:

I wouldnt care at all tbh. I just hate losing money for nowhere.

On 7/31/2018 at 11:55 AM, liav said:

which ultimately discourages new players from earning the cash to buy them.

You may not care, but it's still something that would harm new players as well as old players returning on new accounts.

1. Prevent trades / trade request during missions.
2. If you decline a trade request, the requesting player should be prevented from sending you another request for a set time period (ie 5 minutes).
3. Need a "available for trades" check box or a ready to trade toggle  (like the ready for mission functionality, but limited to social district)

45 minutes ago, Redeemed said:

1. Prevent trades / trade request during missions.
2. If you decline a trade request, the requesting player should be prevented from sending you another request for a set time period (ie 5 minutes).
3. Need a "available for trades" check box or a ready to trade toggle  (like the ready for mission functionality, but limited to social district)

It seems like you have to inspect somebody to trade like it shows on the screenshot, so it's not need at all and I'm 99% sure it's social only already

On 7/31/2018 at 6:54 AM, GhosT said:

Though I've got one complaint - the name of the weapon. Can we please go back to classic names that actually sound like weapons? So it's something like JG-840 or N-TEC 5 rather than stuff like "Pathfinder" or "Showstopper".

A big part of APB's value, as far as I'm concerned, is held by the lore. The team at Little Orbit should definitely try and build on the lore instead of watering it down like G1 did.
Keep the nicknames for preset-variants like the original game did, but use more "technical" nomenclature for default and open-slot versions.

The 'Showstopper' is a large caliber pistol, something like "Colby LCP 357" would make sense (obviously replace the number with whatever caliber/shell type you intended the weapon to use).

On 7/31/2018 at 5:30 PM, CookiePuss said:
The model and stuff for the pistol has been in the files for a while or something I think.
LO didnt make it, they are just releasing it I wanna say.
Posted 2 years ago.
  • Like 1

11 minutes ago, Revoluzzer said:

A big part of APB's value, as far as I'm concerned, is held by the lore. The team at Little Orbit should definitely try and build on the lore instead of watering it down like G1 did.
Keep the nicknames for preset-variants like the original game did, but use more "technical" nomenclature for default and open-slot versions.

The 'Showstopper' is a large caliber pistol, something like "Colby LCP 357" would make sense (obviously replace the number with whatever caliber/shell type you intended the weapon to use).

Exactly, even if the name might sound odd at first, it's way better to have actual names rather than jut some silly nickname for a gun. Could call it the "Colby LCP 357 'Showstopper'" or something. Other names for other presets if they're doing multiple.