MattScott

End of July 2018 Update (1.19.6 on OTW)

15 hours ago, Knite said:

New weapon, concrete progress on engine upgrade, and a weapons balance pass ALL SO SOON

hf511mg.gif

tenor.gif

Welp, tested the Showstopper and I love the idea of it, but along with the other shotguns it's a lil bugged right now.  32 direct hits will make an unmodded Vegas smoke.  You guys using the right damage scale?  Seems like shotguns are set up based on players having 100 health instead of 1000. 

About the Showstopper though, the picture had 3 variants of it, but I only received two in the mail.  The plain one, and the one with the Showstopper Choke mod.  Is there gonna be another version available at some point?

All in all, despite the few little hiccups you guys had so far I'm loving the progress!  Up until a few months ago when you took over I honestly never thought this game was going to change again before closing its doors.  G1 was showing all the signs that they were gonna shut down.  Then when I saw a pinned post titled "Open Letter to the APB:Reloaded Community" by a red name my heart sank for a second until I actually read it.

Edited by BrandonBranderson

4 hours ago, Sykc said:
13 hours ago, MattScott said:
Yes. It's a small fix for players with higher refresh rate monitors. Yep. 
that so unfair, now all people with Overpowered PC get better and better. damn LO buy me a gaming pc please.

You are so funny 😉 no PC is overpowered. It has what the owner needs. I need a machine with two GPU's one beefy GPU (GPU 0) to display my OpenGL (and dx12) data, the other to drive my 2nd monitor, but more to work with nVENC so I dont get unneeded cpu loads for gfx stuff which I want offloaded from GPU-0. It results in a very smooth gfx experience. GPU-1 can be quite weak because of its assigned task as long as it has nVENC of course (a GT630 does it beautifully already, ATM is a Ti 750)

Im also building a machine with 128GB of ram, because I need 2 virtualize multiple workstations for work. Most end users get by well with just 16GB.

@MattScott

Trading.png

Will there be a notification when something is being removed? A 3D display that is larger then the original one to the right of the trade box would be nice for vehicles and clothes. * You could decide to uncheck this option in Gameplay if you don't feel like it would be a necessity for you. 

osrs_tips_how_to_avoid_scamming_in_old_s Edited by jarko
  • Like 1

Pls tell me dat this trade system will have option to auto decline request.Otherwise this system can become the most annoying and toxic thing this game can ever have.Imagine all this 8-12 years old chasing u all over Social with theyr adidas hoodie 4 sell...

P.S. This new pistol looks kinda dumb.Really this is the first new content u make for the game?Like "hey we r little orbit and we pull out the small 1!!"
😄 kidding

Edited by BingoBookBG
  • Like 1

@MattScott "For the PC Unreal 3.5 build, we're mostly fixing fairly specialized bugs in the art and in the graphic engine pipeline. "

Where is the improved performance?
I mean, your last patches made it even worse than it was before.

28 minutes ago, BingoBookBG said:

Pls tell me dat this trade system will have option to auto decline request.Otherwise this system can become the most annoying and toxic thing this game can ever have.Imagine all this 8-12 years old chasing u all over Social with theyr adidas hoodie 4 sell...

P.S. This new pistol looks kinda dumb.Really this is the first new content u make for the game?Like "hey we r little orbit and we pull out the small 1!!"
😄 kidding

or initiate trade during missions. easy way to grief.

thought only crossed my mind because my guild used to do it in f2p mmorpgs way back in the day during gvgs lol

32 minutes ago, BingoBookBG said:

This new pistol looks kinda dumb.Really this is the first new content u make for the game?

The model and stuff for the pistol has been in the files for a while or something I think.
LO didnt make it, they are just releasing it I wanna say.

Who wants to trade with me??!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!

Will there be a trading fee?

What is there to trade? I cant think of anything. Clan stuff makes sense. Besides that, I dunno.

Could this means rather than wasting 15% tax on market for a $2 mil legendary, I can just msg that player to buy his at $2 and save on tax?

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Cheeseburger! said:

Beautiful! Glad to hear you guys are open to 100 max pop action districts. Thank you.

Oh baby that would be sweet!
15 hours ago, Leefekyn said:
16 hours ago, liav said:

How about cancelling Marketplace TAX? It is 100% useless and profits nobody since it's not g1c. Its just frustrating to sell something and see the money dropping..

That's done to prevent currency inflation. If the money isn't disappearing from game fast enough then it starts to inflate dramatically. If it wasn't there, weapons would eventually start selling for 10s of millions APB$, which ultimately discourages new players from earning the cash to buy them.
I wouldnt care at all tbh. I just hate losing money for nowhere.

@MattScott How about the people that got the extra friend and ignores off armas and loyalty? Are they just going to be removed without any compensation? 

1 minute ago, YeOldLegends said:
@MattScott How about the people that got the extra friend and ignores off armas and loyalty? Are they just going to be removed without any compensation? 
they arent being removed

5 minutes ago, BXNNXD said:
6 minutes ago, YeOldLegends said:
they arent being removed
He said
tm7NSd7.png
Soo. What up?

2 minutes ago, YeOldLegends said:
He said
tm7NSd7.png
Soo. What up?
thats not removing them, everyone is getting the max ignore list space

As for the trade interface, is there any chance we can get multiplier shortcuts?

For example:

"100k" -> 100,000

And 

"1m" -> 1,000,000

I apologise in advance if this is already a feature, I haven't logged onto the OTW yet.

2 hours ago, BingoBookBG said:

😄 kidding

How would you expect a revolver loaded with shotgun shells to look?  To me it just looks like a beefy snub.  Even if you don't like how it looks, at least it's functionally different than any other secondary.

Wooo progress. Its good to see things moving along but I gota ask, are there any plans for an event @MattScott? There hasnt been one since 2016 and alittle variety wouldnt hurt. Also will there be a matchmaking and ranking system redo in the near future? These are 2 hot button items that would really improve the quality of life for the community once properly fixed.

16 minutes ago, Darkzero3802 said:

Wooo progress. Its good to see things moving along but I gota ask, are there any plans for an event @MattScott? There hasnt been one since 2016 and alittle variety wouldnt hurt. Also will there be a matchmaking and ranking system redo in the near future? These are 2 hot button items that would really improve the quality of life for the community once properly fixed.

They recently organized an event where the main goal was to kill the real MattScott (on a district server with presumably fake MattScotts running around) to get some rewards, but yeah it was probably difficult to take part in it since the server they appeared on was most likely full in no time, one would've had to already be on it before it started filling up most likely...
Longer events where everyone on all district servers could take part in would be hella neat indeed

8 hours ago, Spy said:
@MattScott The trade system looks very promising, I only have one thing to ask:
Can you please cincider adding a tickbox (yes/no) in the main options menu, stating that you're putting yourself available to trading. I can only asume that not everybody is that excited to decline trades all the time simply because they're not interested in trading in general.

You can prevent getting friend / trade invitations by setting your state to do not disturb (/dnd).

3 hours ago, jarko said:
@MattScott

Trading.png

Will there be a notification when something is being removed? A 3D display that is larger then the original one to the right of the trade box would be nice for vehicles and clothes. * You could decide to uncheck this option in Gameplay if you don't feel like it would be a necessity for you. 

osrs_tips_how_to_avoid_scamming_in_old_s

The notifications seems like a good idea, maybe just a changed marker until you select the item. At the very least, every time the other player makes a change your accept button will gray out for a second to prevent you from accidentally accepting a trade. Adding another 3D preview window into the UI is a bit tricky, especially in the location you're suggesting, so likely not in the first revision of the trade system. You can definitely open the preview window by using the button in the item details.

2 hours ago, killerskull said:

Who wants to trade with me??!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!

Will there be a trading fee?

What is there to trade? I cant think of anything. Clan stuff makes sense. Besides that, I dunno.

Could this means rather than wasting 15% tax on market for a $2 mil legendary, I can just msg that player to buy his at $2 and save on tax?

The current design does not have a trading fee. Though the items do need to be unused or refurbished to be traded.

You can trade all the stuff you can normally trade. We will be allowing you to trade legendaries through this system as well.

1 hour ago, StunStick said:

As for the trade interface, is there any chance we can get multiplier shortcuts?

For example:

"100k" -> 100,000

And 

"1m" -> 1,000,000

I apologise in advance if this is already a feature, I haven't logged onto the OTW yet.

Sounds reasonable, I'll look into what we can do here.
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 2

19 hours ago, MattScott said:

BTW - The Showstopper stats are not final. We'll fix that in the next two days with a patch.

Yes. When you invite a friend, they now have to accept the request before they are added. We also now hide your exact location from friends till the entire process is complete.
Edited for clarity.
You can add a small description next to each name, in case you dont remember the name of your "friend"

Is that new Weapon going to be Free?
if it's going to be another JMB... this is just like G1 times, promises and new JMB over time to make money out of it.

@MattScott  Just curious, has there been progress in finding the stuff you need for implementing the old login screen?  I know the song was written for the game, so there shouldn't be any copyright junk to deal with.  Certainly not top priority right now, but you got me excited dammit lol.  And the game takes forever to launch...

Actually I think I'd rather not know when exactly it's going to happen.  This would be a very pleasant surprise to see upon starting up the game.

45 minutes ago, Ulexos said:
They recently organized an event where the main goal was to kill the real MattScott (on a district server with presumably fake MattScotts running around) to get some rewards, but yeah it was probably difficult to take part in it since the server they appeared on was most likely full in no time, one would've had to already be on it before it started filling up most likely...
Longer events where everyone on all district servers could take part in would be hella neat indeed
Im talking bout an actual event, u know like chaos or Halloween? Server wide event that all can take part of.

With the new trade system I'm wondering if we be able to send legendaries to friends per ingame mail ?

1 hour ago, Androvald said:

You can prevent getting friend / trade invitations by setting your state to do not disturb (/dnd).

You don't actually believe that's an acceptable workaround, right?
  • Thanks 1