MattScott

End of July 2018 Update (1.19.6 on OTW)

36 minutes ago, Ignas / qsn said:

that new weapon.. is it going to be a reward of JMB 21?

The last thing we need is yet another JMB in the list. Being the first real content in years, it should be a completely free addition (event unlock maybe?) for everyone to enjoy.
  • Like 1

8 hours ago, MattScott said:

Hi everyone,

I have posted a new dev blog with the July update on our progress. You can read the details here:
https://apbreloaded.gamersfirst.com/2018/07/end-of-july-update.html

This update covers the details for 1.19.6, the upcoming 1.19.7, progress with Unreal 3.5, and some updates for our console players.

Build 1.19.6 is now available to all players on our Open Test World. Once you log in and create your account, you'll have a bunch of in-game emails waiting with all the weapons in the game to play with. In order to access that system, you need to download an alternate installer for the game. You can download the OTW version of APB here:
OTW Download Link

Thanks,
Matt

I hope you can fix the server befor you releas that update on the real servers ...

Friend list RIP? I still have people that haven't been online since 4 years maybe it's time for me to move on lol

• Like 1

Can we get a little more info on the console update? Higher frames? Less crashing? Only a minimum bit of information was given and as a console player it is obviously more frustrating to experience 20 frames. Thanks!

Hi MattScott,

Not sure if I can post it here, or should create a seperate topic. 
Can we please have a queue system to join full districts?

When a district is full, you'll be thrown in a queue which allows you to automatically connect once a spot is available. 
This would be even better to play somewhere with a group of 4 players 🙂

• Like 3

Great stuff! I love the friends/search/ignore changes, I'm sure streamers or other well-knowns will appreciate this a lot. Also I'm super hyped for that trading system.

- Fixes to Friends system
We found several bad problems with this system that allowed players to grief other players. You will now need to accept friend invites before a friend is added to your account. No other players can see your exact location till you accept the invite - including on the player search feature.

I use this FRIEND system extensively to avoid certain "personalities"  with certain "special abilities". I add them to my friend list and never join an instance if these "special powered" players are there...Pretty sure there are several others in APBR who does the same....

Please dont fix something that doesnt need to be FIX'D 😞

Instead of simply making it "accept to be friends" by default, give it some toggle button, if someone doesnt want to be automatically added , then let them have an option which tells them

"player X wants to be friends"-Yes or NO...wo

Edited by Thelnformer
  • Thanks 1

18 minutes ago, Infinito said:

Hi MattScott,

When a district is full, you'll be thrown in a queue which allows you to automatically connect once a spot is available. 

Such system also needs auto-kick, for example if you are afk and don't spawn, move or do something else in game, it kicks you into lobby within a minute after joining to prevent clogging districts with dead souls who "click autojoin button and go afk for 10 minutes".
  • Like 1

35 minutes ago, Infinito said:

Hi MattScott,

9331dc3cc710ee50bd6963ea7a00ed5a.png

OK i'm back (just fainted) After how many years Finally getting the weapon i wanted.
showstopper.png
Finally a trading system after 100 Middleman trades i can retire
(sick of dealing with potential scammers and people that logged out when they found out i was involved)
Trading.png

And a reason to relaunch OTW again (and doesn't require premium)

Good lord there's a lot here. Loads of positive improvements as well!

Could we get a comprehensive list of the changes and how they differ between baylan A and baylan B please?

Also, it looks like the HVR changes didn't make it.

But that showstopper though. Love it.

I'll write a full report when I have extensively tested the weapon changes. 
Edited by Kempington

@MattScott The trade system looks very promising, I only have one thing to ask:
Can you please cincider adding a tickbox (yes/no) in the main options menu, stating that you're putting yourself available to trading. I can only asume that not everybody is that excited to decline trades all the time simply because they're not interested in trading in general.

Edited by Spy
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

7 hours ago, Mikiy said:

Question regarding the friendlist change.. the friend list is still toon-wide and not server-wide accross all own toons right and accepting it is too right ?

So if i lets say want to add one clanmate's 4 toons across my 3 toons on one server... we'd have to exchange 12 invite/accept windows now ?
I hope those can be send when the other one is offline at least, otherwise organizing the logging through toons to get it done would just be ridiculous time intense..

this 100%

3 hours ago, Ignas / qsn said:

most likely not, they look skinnable in the picture - like other normal armas weapons (they also use the same background so i'd think it's just a normal armas release)
and
there are different variants... but we do have the hitchhiker, jerseydevil, bloodymary (with different unique mods) and the luger ones (that have different taggers)
but ye skins - unless they wanna do the first skinnable legendary (which would be kindaaa nice)
maybe there's also like 1 legendary and some armas like the raptor etc...

9 hours ago, MattScott said:
Yes. It's a small fix for players with higher refresh rate monitors. Yep. 
that so unfair, now all people with Overpowered PC get better and better. damn LO buy me a gaming pc please.

Did the hvr change at all? Haven't used it in ages but it feels exactly the way I remember it, and qsing still works ~ttk 1.5sec without 3ps3.

Please more info on the A/B districts and how they differ from each other. Also updating the system messages would be less confusing... is one of them still on high ttk? I had no players to test it at. :P

Hopefully this update will get me back in to the game ^_^

Just now, Kimotsi said:

Hopefully this update will get me back in to the game ^_^

the servers still lagin af 

Hey @MattScott, are you guys thinking to come back with free team killing off the missions? I’m refering to the kick if 5 friends killed...

Sometimes we want to test a gun or train for a short time, it’s not like we are doing that all day though xD

Thanks!

• Like 1

Yay! Nice to hear it and i hope you will fix server's problems too. Is there gonna be any new badass stuff in ARMAS? For enforcers lol 

Thanks guys for making us love this game again, thanks for letting us have a faith on you. LO you're doing great job. Well done @MattScott

10 hours ago, Kewlin said:

*EDIT 2* To clarify, currently they're both named the same thing I believe.

ATM I cant even get in. Continuous loading screens. I was only able to create a toon, a task which is run on my local machine.

I am the only one happy for that trading system ? boi that is going to make things so much easier

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Hexerin said:
6 hours ago, Ignas / qsn said:

The last thing we need is yet another JMB in the list. Being the first real content in years, it should be a completely free addition (event unlock maybe?) for everyone to enjoy.
I disagree, LO needs to start making money eventually.
While I'd prefer ARMAS, a JMB wouldn't be a bad idea either.

Few notes of my mine.

Old trading system (marketplace) when you traded you got a "Pleblord bought your yukon" "Sold True ogre to Pleblord"
Message as a way of Tracking trades. 

New trade system should have  Trade history section.

Old friends getting removed. IT shouldn't remove people who haven't logged in recently (2018) or at least set old friends to a "Pending" status.

JMB's should be untouched right now it's a nice round 20.
And (i have them all therefore F2P challenge complete)

Jokerstore needs more additions "Eventually everything on armas will be in jokerstore" - Tiggs

AND Maybe add the old fightclub rewards "Uncle Sam Tommy gun" as jokerstore's Own presets (expires but at least you can buy it now)

Edited by Zolerox