MattScott

End of July 2018 Update (1.19.6 on OTW)

2 hours ago, MattScott said:

Hi everyone,

I have posted a new dev blog with the July update on our progress. You can read the details here:
https://apbreloaded.gamersfirst.com/2018/07/end-of-july-update.html

This update covers the details for 1.19.6, the upcoming 1.19.7, progress with Unreal 3.5, and some updates for our console players.

Build 1.19.6 is now available to all players on our Open Test World. Once you log in and create your account, you'll have a bunch of in-game emails waiting with all the weapons in the game to play with. In order to access that system, you need to download an alternate installer for the game. You can download the OTW version of APB here:
OTW Download Link

Thanks,
Matt

Time to have fun and fuck around with the toys.
1 hour ago, Hexerin said:
thank you.

10 minutes ago, Androvald said:
11 minutes ago, TR3NT said:

Never used OTW before so do i need to create another account or can i use my current account for normal apb?

You can use the same accounts as the regular PC client for OTW.
Owww, snap. This is kinda a mess to me then.
I realised earlier this month that a testplace like OTW EVEN EXISTED (I always wondered why people had ALL the guns in youtube vids) and as soon as I learned of it... I WANTED TO PLAY IT!
Hopped on the link (and I usually never click links) and downloaded OTW..... Couldn't log in. WELP, easy right? It doesn't use the acc from the main game. >>> Let's make a new account and use the exact same email as my original character <<< After doing this, it still did not work and I have been digging the forums to find that OTW was "temporarely" (:P) locked. Was a little sad but still allright.

BUT NOW my OTW character is on my email (I could pm it later) which I also use for the main game. I do not see any characters and JUST created a new one (enf ofcourse).
I want to ask if this is gonna bring any problems. I hope not ofcourse, and not having all the outfits from my main is not really bothersome for me, but I don't know if the OTW is safe-to-use like this.
(I also noticed that steam IS supporting the game (the second time I started it) but it does not login correctly. However, when I type in my email, it does.

PS. do I still get the OTW Veteran title? (and how?)

Question:
If we used the advanced launcher for our graphics settings, will the OTW launcher mess with them?

6 minutes ago, Sergsininia said:

Question:
If we used the advanced launcher for our graphics settings, will the OTW launcher mess with them?

It's a separate installation via a separate launcher, it shouldn't have any interaction.

Just now, Hexerin said:
7 minutes ago, Sergsininia said:

Question:

It's a separate installation via a separate launcher, it shouldn't have any interaction.
Cool, thanks!

Matt, you need to give everyone easy access to weapon and character mods, because testing weapons is impossible without having proper tools to test them in a realistic scenario.

As it is, the OTW testing will be close to useless, please give everyone at least one of every mod, and I mean every mod, not just level 3's because sometimes you need to use level 1 or 2 mods to break things.

*EDIT* Also, you really need to let us know which district is test district B and which is test district A.

*EDIT 2* To clarify, currently they're both named the same thing I believe.

Edited by Kewlin
  • Like 6
  • Thanks 2

8 minutes ago, Kewlin said:

As it is, the OTW testing will be close to useless, please give everyone at least one of every mod, and I mean every mod, not just level 3's because sometimes you need to use level 1 or 2 mods to break things.

Agreed wholeheartedly, as it is right now there's no way to get any of the mods I need to test some of the weapon changes (I personally can't verdict the new Oblivion because I can't replicate my standard mod loadout on OTW).

Either that or have OTW just auto-set new toons to 195 with max weapon roles so we can buy them the usual way.....

3 hours ago, BXNNXD said:

please tell me the new secondary is anti-vehicle

everything else looks cool, communication still going strong

3 hours ago, Kiida said:
I'm gonna take a guess that it's something along the lines of a shotgun-pistol that we've been teased over for years.

Edit: It is. It's live on OTW right now, using the DOW Thumper sound and has a pretty tight spread.
It looks like The Judge from PayDay2 (sorry weapon experts I don't do irl guns), which in that game at least was a shotgun-pistol, considering the changes to our spread-shot frenemies, this would be the sensible just in time guess.

6 minutes ago, KnifuWaifu said:

It looks like The Judge from PayDay2 (sorry weapon experts I don't do irl guns), which in that game at least was a shotgun-pistol, considering the changes to our spread-shot frenemies, this would be the sensible just in time guess.
It's exactly that. A quick firing shotty pistol. Shotguns are broke AF in OTW atm so nobody can properly test it
  • Like 1

Question regarding the friendlist change.. the friend list is still toon-wide and not server-wide accross all own toons right and accepting it is too right ?

So if i lets say want to add one clanmate's 4 toons across my 3 toons on one server... we'd have to exchange 12 invite/accept windows now ?
I hope those can be send when the other one is offline at least, otherwise organizing the logging through toons to get it done would just be ridiculous time intense..

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

10 minutes ago, SuperToaster said:
17 minutes ago, KnifuWaifu said:

It's exactly that. A quick firing shotty pistol. Shotguns are broke AF in OTW atm so nobody can properly test it
OTW doesn't include the shotgun fixing patch?

10 minutes ago, KnifuWaifu said:

OTW doesn't include the shotgun fixing patch?

it does i think, its just that shotguns are bugged and do about 5 damage per pellet
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Kewlin said:

Also, you really need to let us know which district is test district B and which is test district A.

what's the difference between them?

1 minute ago, Snubnose said:
what's the difference between them?
one is district A and one is district B

Fixes to Friends system
Noooooo :classic_biggrin::classic_biggrin::classic_biggrin:

Also, I would be cautious with new trading system. Trading systems in many games are used to duplicate items for free. So it needs to be tested good while doing all kinds of stuff like disconnecting while trading or so.

Much love. Thx LO ❤️
  • Like 1

Hi, I believe that in video-games, variety is important.
I've been playing APB for over 7-8 yeaers now (stopped counting) and it has a variety.
APB has a variety in customization, vehicles, and modifications.
The problem is, that APB does not have a variety in weapons.
There are tons of weapons in the game, but most are unplayable due to some very few weapons that control the meta.
Meta changes and I know that, but the reason I want to bring this to light is because of a weapon that was ALWAYS IN THE META.
Nerfs and buffs didn't affect it, for the last 8 years or so, this weapon never ceased to see extensive play: N-TEC.
The N-TEC is extremely good at medium range, but it can blast you off in close quarters AND from medium-far range.
The N-TEC was never bad, and don't get me wrong, I don't want it to be bad. I just want it to be less good.
In Fight Club and in Missions, the dominant weapon is N-TEC.
It feels to me as there are more N-TECs in each round of Fight Club than all other weapons combined.

So I just wanted to ask, are you aware of this?
Do you think it should be changed or stay that way, and why?

The N-HVR was also dominant, and this change sure opened a lot of spots for other weapons in the far and cqc range,
but the N-HVR was never as popular as the N-TEC (at least, from what I've seen for the past years).

Thanks for all you're doing for this game and the community, you saved this game and I was waiting for people like you for a very long time 😄

• Like 3
  • Thanks 3

YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS

YES YES YES

keep going matty

Wow so much more done already in just a few months than G1 did in years. Great stuff.

Impressive. This blogpost contains more content than G1 has offered the past few years.

Though I've got one complaint - the name of the weapon. Can we please go back to classic names that actually sound like weapons? So it's something like JG-840 or N-TEC 5 rather than stuff like "Pathfinder" or "Showstopper".

• Like 5

145FPS Limit is great for myself as 144Hz monitor user, although I assume there's also people with 240Hz monitors, will there also be an option for a 241FPS Limit or an option to set a custom FPS Limit yourself?

Edited by Raikou
  • Thanks 2

if someone is too lazy/limited to transfer to redownload the entire client - copy all folders except 'Launcher' from your current installation (do not copy files like zip xml in root location of APB) and unpack the launcher from here to the root folder (it's SFX archive you can open with your 7zip or winrar or etc so you are safe) as soon as your run that it will 'repair' your installation to OTW version with 30-300mb

Edited by kidi
  • Thanks 1