CookiePuss

Any chance we could get /report back? Or Gms? Or maybe an update on either?

Just now, Aeronaut said:

fine.

Just now, BXNNXD said:

nah fam

Well which is it???
gcmXmt9.gif

2 minutes ago, CookiePuss said:

Well which is it???

[gif]

who would you trust 

why would they bring it back, atm cheaters are running around freely and if they bring it back there will be a possibility that cheaters get banned which in matts words he doesn't want that as it means they loose a customer and that is bad according to him, that's why they removed the report feature

2 minutes ago, BXNNXD said:
5 minutes ago, CookiePuss said:

Well which is it???

[gif]

who would you trust 
Aero without a doubt.

1 minute ago, ShaiShai said:

why would they bring it back, atm cheaters are running around freely and if they bring it back there will be a possibility that cheaters get banned which in matts words he doesn't want that as it means they loose a customer and that is bad according to him, that's why they removed the report feature

Yes also Matt is Techmech, Lixil is Tiggs undercover and all the GMs is Puck running APB on virtual machines. Btw BE was a scam too. There is still PunkBuster running in the background they just changed the name of program

/jk

1 minute ago, CookiePuss said:
Aero without a doubt.

unbelievable

1 minute ago, BXNNXD said:
2 minutes ago, CookiePuss said:
Aero without a doubt.

unbelievable
Have you seen his hands?

I didn't update it in the Roadmap, but a new /report system is in the works. The old system was.. useless.

• Like 9
  • Thanks 8

18 minutes ago, MattScott said:

I didn't update it in the Roadmap, but a new /report system is in the works. The old system was.. useless.

can't wait for frustrated baddies to spam /report and flood the system with false information! Kappa
  • Like 1

32 minutes ago, MattScott said:

And this is why I say Little Orbit is on top of things

Nice work people

as much as I think the /report system is useless as the vast majority are just rage reports, in the last week I've come across a lot of people that do not miss their shots and actively chase down my team mates before they even fire.

It's a bit pathetic when someone is jump/spinning and shooting while missing zero shots or tossing grenades in areas they can not know their enemy is gathered.

Wall hacking seems to be massively popular now and aim assist/trigger bots seem to be more active.

There have been a couple people so far I am pretty sure have been using at least a wall hack.

26 minutes ago, illgot said:

as much as I think the /report system is useless as the vast majority are just rage reports, in the last week I've come across a lot of people that do not miss their shots and actively chase down my team mates before they even fire.

It's a bit pathetic when someone is jump/spinning and shooting while missing zero shots or tossing grenades in areas they can not know their enemy is gathered.

Wall hacking seems to be massively popular now and aim assist/trigger bots seem to be more active.

There have been a couple people so far I am pretty sure have been using at least a wall hack.

What you are saying is not reason enough to think someone is cheating. However, I am a glad to hear we are getting an actual report system. If anything, it will help solidify the fact that cheating is at a minimum now.

1 minute ago, speee said:
29 minutes ago, illgot said:

What you are saying is not reason enough to think someone is cheating. However, I am a glad to hear we are getting an actual report system. If anything, it will help solidify the fact that cheating is at a minimum now.
The couple people that I would have reported were definitely using a wall hack.  It's easier to see once they kill you and then you follow their location directly to team mates who just spawned and haven't fired yet.

For me a good report system needs to have limits so it cant be spammed, and ways of prioritizing data from players who use it well.

It also needs to provide us with actionable information. We have mountains of server-side data. We just need to get solid player reports to inform where to focus.

Ultimately I dont want any cheat systems in the game that we ignore. That’s why we removed /report for now. I didn’t want the illusion that we were actually getting anything useful from it.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 7

12 minutes ago, MattScott said:

For me a good report system needs to have limits so it cant be spammed, and ways of prioritizing data from players who use it well.

It also needs to provide us with actionable information. We have mountains of server-side data. We just need to get solid player reports to inform where to focus.

Ultimately I dont want any cheat systems in the game that we ignore. That’s why we removed /report for now. I didn’t want the illusion that we were actually getting anything useful from it.

Is LO planning on allowing the new report system to account for players breaking rules instead of specifically cheating?
Or is there another plan to counter toxic players?

• Like 1

When they want ban toxic player you lost 50% of playerbase+ to much waste of time. We need all gm,s vs the hacker. So i hope it is only for reporting hackers this is the thing what make the people toxic.

love how the CEO of the new company just tells everyone that G1 didnt actually give a shit about reports lmfao

just tells you how bad G1 is

@MattScott
change this function to somethink like this

/report <nickname> <reason>
it will give some clasyfication and could be easly manage
/report ThisPlayer Greefing
/report ThatPlayer Nude Symbols
/report CheaterPlayer Aimboting and wallhacking

etc etc.

+ u still not turned off old report system
its not returning wrong command answer so its still working
+ u still getting this empty emails xD if u get too much reports (its mistake from old programist - who forgot to turn this off ;d hehe) Edited by TheSxW

Something similar to Overwatch from CS:GO would be great.
So more experienced players have the chance to investigate it as well.

27 minutes ago, Lislya said:

Something similar to Overwatch from CS:GO would be great.
So more experienced players have the chance to investigate it as well.

No, players need to play not to police.
1 hour ago, Obvious Lesbian said:

love how the CEO of the new company just tells everyone that G1 didnt actually give a shit about reports lmfao

just tells you how bad G1 is

Everyone knew that /report did nothing and it was a frustration flush for some. Edited by Excalibur!

Is there any way ANYONE can check back old chat logs (more specifically system command logs). I still use /report to a lot of people to kind of "Mark them for Death" until the new report system is functional.
The things I see all over San Paro...
(also, pretty certain that San Paro is a wordplay for Sin Paradise. Description says that San Paro is some kind of Olympus. No idea what that would mean though. Probably some Deathmatch Battlegrounds)

4 hours ago, koenyboy500 said:

Is there any way ANYONE can check back old chat logs (more specifically system command logs). I still use /report to a lot of people to kind of "Mark them for Death" until the new report system is functional.
The things I see all over San Paro...
(also, pretty certain that San Paro is a wordplay for Sin Paradise. Description says that San Paro is some kind of Olympus. No idea what that would mean though. Probably some Deathmatch Battlegrounds)

San is Spanish for Saint
As in, San Francisco Saint Francisco
I don't remember what Paro meant.
  • Thanks 1