Sign in to follow this  

10 minutes ago, Slickmund said:
What part of making uneducated , ungrounded, pessimistic assumptions about someone else their life based solely on post behaviour is savage exactly? To sum up his story about BXNNXD's life,
  • Finds his posts low quality
  • Assumes he only plays FC (Prejudice, which is wrong, BXNNXD has stated before he enjoys missions mostly, if I recall correctly)
  • Assumes he has no responsibilities in life
  • Assumes he upvotes his own posts to increase like-count
  • Assumes his self respect solely stems from those likes (That sentece was really poorly constructed btw, upvotes you give yourself = the only respect you have of yourself?)
  • Finds the reputation system pointless
  • Assumes he has a fleeting design career
Im sorry, you think of that as savage? And Tennogrineer thinks highly of himself for coming up with that shit?
Should I perhaps do a similar post about him? I can storm up just as ridiculous of a baseless assumption storm with quite a bit more harsh conclusions in there. I dont see the point in giving credit to such toxic behaviour really, but I'd be happy to top him off if thats what you want.
10 minutes ago, Slickmund said:
What part of making uneducated , ungrounded, pessimistic assumptions about someone else their life based solely on post behaviour is savage exactly? To sum up his story about BXNNXD's life,
  • Finds his posts low quality
  • Assumes he only plays FC (Prejudice, which is wrong, BXNNXD has stated before he enjoys missions mostly, if I recall correctly)
  • Assumes he has no responsibilities in life
  • Assumes he upvotes his own posts to increase like-count
  • Assumes his self respect solely stems from those likes (That sentece was really poorly constructed btw, upvotes you give yourself = the only respect you have of yourself?)
  • Finds the reputation system pointless
  • Assumes he has a fleeting design career
Im sorry, you think of that as savage? And Tennogrineer thinks highly of himself for coming up with that shit?
Should I perhaps do a similar post about him? I can storm up just as ridiculous of a baseless assumption storm with quite a bit more harsh conclusions in there. I dont see the point in giving credit to such toxic behaviour really, but I'd be happy to top him off if thats what you want.
brutally honest response to a forum goer that made a pointless, low quality, off-topic thread? has a visible history of low quality posts? has almost no down periods of activity (also seen historically)? given that its easy to abuse the current rep system?

albeit, they can be assumptions...but it has some solid evidence. its not everyday you see a forum spammer called out for what they are..ironically when they also degrade other spammers. I just see where he's coming from. social discussion I guess in the end that won't even matter

Friendly reminder that if you dont like a thread, you can just not participate.
Crazy, right?

2 minutes ago, Captain Teemo said:
brutally honest response to a forum goer that made a pointless, low quality, off-topic thread? has a visible history of low quality posts? has almost no down periods of activity (also seen historically)? given that its easy to abuse the current rep system?

albeit, they can be assumptions...but it has some solid evidence. its not everyday you see a forum spammer called out for what they are..ironically when they also degrade other spammers. I just see where he's coming from. social discussion I guess in the end that won't even matter

Change "Brutally honest" to "far-fetched" and I might agree. On the other hand, this is just my personal opinion really, appart from the real post count farming BXNNXD does when he doesn't find a thread interesting enough, I see him contribute quite a bit. Low quality would mean he puts no thought into his responses, which is true in the case of post farming. But just as frequently I see him posting walls of text, being informative on various subjects and sometimes even going as far as clarifying context on quotes which I know takes ages because of how poorly this text editor works. Does he spam? Yes. Does he do only that? No, certainly not. I see him contribute more than the average forum user which is why I deem him a decent fella.
You are entitled to your own opinion of course. Edited by Slickmund

damn this got serious real quick, everyone was supposed to upvote/downvote not fight over my imaginary internet honor lmao

also i resent the accusation of self-upvoting, youve besmirched my internet honor

Or you could post quality over quantity.

😉 
  • Like 2

Just now, Nanometic said:

😉 
i prefer both

18 minutes ago, CookiePuss said:
I totally know Snoreframe.
Its the Justin Bieber of shooters.
Maybe go back there with your no fun attitude, you probably fit right in.

last thing a forum spammer should do is try to belittle a game that has actual player retention.
15 minutes ago, Slickmund said:
Anyone intelligent realizes the IQ system, and especially it's form of testing, doesn't even scratch the surface of the depth behind intelligence. Your IQ is as phony to me as the reputation system on the forums is to you, me alike, I never cared for any reputation system. You try to sound clever, but all you come across as is edgy really. You make a lot of grammatical errors, yet you do have higher than average grasp of the language, I would find it fair to assume English isn't your native language and as such I will not discredit you for your mistakes. Your behaviour which comes across as a superiority complex on the other hand, I can not appreciate.

To me you come across as a simpleton who took a liking to anything related to a higher form of intelligence, yet you have no understanding of the implications of said intelligence and the full weight of it's complexity.
Please don't bore me with your own self-entitlement and hypocritical assumptions, spitting out baseless claims when you can't even detect a personality to match the the essence of "memers". The fact that you cannot even consummate the usage of popular Twitch Emojis shows me you have little-to-no connection to current societal norms, even within the own game you seem to defend (poorly, I might add). The writing quality of my replies is a testament to the state of the game. We are not in an age of professionalism or constructive criticism. Gone are the days where players can legitimately have game discussions that are not constantly bombarded by gifs and nonsensical/non-contributory responses which we all agreed to.

To me, you come across as a White Knight hiding behind a facet of higher-authority who has no recollection on how well the forums used to function before this. I don't even think you are even old enough to have a discussion regarding the absolute basic social studies.

tl;dr - do u even lift? Edited by tennogrineer
double posterino
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, BXNNXD said:

damn this got serious real quick, everyone was supposed to upvote/downvote not fight over my imaginary internet honor lmao

also i resent the accusation of self-upvoting, youve besmirched my internet honor

If you dislike me defending you in such ways then tell me and I'll try to refrain from doing so. Tackling this kind of behaviour or atleast attempting to is simply bound to my character really, I can not make any promises related to that.

EDIT: I suspected as such. You project the idea of making ridiculous assumptions onto me now do you, so in other words I had to put the words in your mouth for you to be able to defend yourself from my critisism. Yes the way I act right now could be deemed "White Knight" ish, I take no offense in that really. How you came to the conclusion I was self entitled is a mystery to me, but the follow up assumption about my age clarifies your standing in the discussion. Sadly, I am 24, time goes quickly from my point of view. You found an unoriginal way of calling me immature, which is quite the cliché thing to do in these type of arguments. Hats of to you pal, the self entitlement does kick in now, I feel like I am towering over you currently, and with that, I've already gotten bored with you. From here on out ill refrain from replying to your insensitive replies, as you put little thought into it, I shall have little thought of you. Edited by Slickmund

14 minutes ago, CookiePuss said:

Friendly reminder that if you dont like a thread, you can just not participate.
Crazy, right?

true. unfortunately this discussion would then always be buried under spam. :(

5 minutes ago, tennogrineer said:
last thing a forum spammer should do is try to belittle a game that has actual player retention. Please don't bore me with your own self-entitlement and hypocritical assumptions, spitting out baseless claims when you can't even detect a personality to match the the essence of "memers". The fact that you cannot even consummate the usage of popular Twitch Emojis shows me you have little-to-no connection to current societal norms, even within the own game you seem to defend (poorly, I might add). The writing quality of my replies is a testament to the state of the game. We are not in an age of professionalism or constructive criticism. Gone are the days where players can legitimately have game discussions that are not constantly bombarded by gifs and nonsensical/non-contributory responses which we all agreed to.

To me, you come across as a White Knight hiding behind a facet of higher-authority who has no recollection on how well the forums used to function before this. I don't even think you are even old enough to have a discussion regarding the absolute basic social studies.

tl;dr - do u even lift?

damn bro if you murder someone in my thread its going to get nuked

oh

i see the plan now, pretty genius if i do say so myself

4 minutes ago, Slickmund said:
If you dislike me defending you in such ways then tell me and I'll try to refrain from doing so. Tackling this kind of behaviour or atleast attempting to is simply bound to my character really, I can not make any promises related to that.

nah, you do you fam

the forum would be immensely boring if everyone acted like someone else wanted them to

2 minutes ago, Captain Teemo said:
true. unfortunately this spam would then always be buried under spam. 😞
spamception 
  • Like 1

9 minutes ago, BXNNXD said:
10 minutes ago, Nanometic said:

😉 
i prefer both
giphy.webp

12 minutes ago, BXNNXD said:

im sorry. i have no reason to poke you specifically but rather my resentment to this whole charade this whole "new" forums turned into, in the end i get to know you potentially as a martyr. on the bright side, your thread became less than an off-topic discussion. 🙂

11 minutes ago, Slickmund said:

EDIT: I suspected as such. You project the idea of making ridiculous assumptions onto me now do you, so in other words I had to put the words in your mouth for you to be able to defend yourself from my critisism. Yes the way I act right now could be deemed "White Knight" ish, I take no offense in that really. How you came to the conclusion I was self entitled is a mystery to me, but the follow up assumption about my age clarifies your standing in the discussion. Sadly, I am 24, time goes quickly from my point of view. You found an unoriginal way of calling me immature, which is quite the cliché thing to do in these type of arguments. Hats of to you pal, the self entitlement does kick in now, I feel like I am towering over you currently, and with that, I've already gotten bored with you. From here on out ill refrain from replying to your insensitive replies, as you put little thought into it, I shall have little thought of you.
yeah, most people give up the same way you do. outside the contradictory statements in your reply, im sorry you couldn't compete at this level. fortunately, i hear they are hiring at tasty burger, maybe that's your type of thing, eh? <3

2 minutes ago, Nanometic said:
giphy.webp
the million dollar question that has frustrated psychologists for most of my wasted life

15 minutes ago, tennogrineer said:
last thing a forum spammer should do is try to belittle a game that has actual player retention
If its popular it must be good right?
5qJSZ5m.gif

For real though, why are you even here? Is it just to rub in how unpopular APB is? Or to try to convince people Snoreframe is better?
lol gtfo with that weak shizz

1 minute ago, tennogrineer said:

im sorry. i have no reason to poke you specifically but rather my resentment to this whole charade this whole "new" forums turned into, in the end i get to know you potentially as a martyr. on the bright side, your thread became less than an off-topic discussion. 🙂

realistically the "new" forums arent that different from the "old" forums under the mud squids, and they're definitely close to the "old old" forums under the original team

except theres no longer the sheer volume of active posters, nor is there anything new to post about (which is changing as we speak, courtesy of orbit)

2 minutes ago, tennogrineer said:

yeah, most people give up the same way you do. outside the contradictory statements in your reply, im sorry you couldn't compete at this level. fortunately, i hear they are hiring at tasty burger, maybe that's your type of thing, eh? ❤️
Controversial you mean? Sometimes it's unclear to me whether we speak the same language or not with the way you speak and seem to perceive whatever is written. You assuming I couldn't "compete at this level" implies your statements thusfar have made more sense than my own. I fear the judges of that as of yet, are only you and me, deeming any conclusion made irrelevant since it is only your word against my own. I stated you are losing my interest, and that you make me feel superior over you in the sense you try to claim superiority over others. I am sorry if me thinking I am better at what you're trying to do come's across as offensive to you.

3 minutes ago, BXNNXD said:
realistically the "new" forums arent that different from the "old" forums under the mud squids, and they're definitely close to the "old old" forums under the original team

except theres no longer the sheer volume of active posters, nor is there anything new to post about (which is changing as we speak, courtesy of orbit)
23 minutes ago, Nanometic said:

😉 
seems like the hot topic in this thread. i do miss some of the old forum goers (though i see them on stream chats), guess most of them don't feel they can post in this mess because we are pretty much too dumb here to really promote those discussions over a quick troll instead. there are good threads, but no one takes them seriously. we became g1 in that regard lol

2 minutes ago, CookiePuss said:
If its popular it must be good right?

For real though, why are you even here? Is it just to rub in how unpopular APB is? Or to try to convince people Snoreframe is better?
lol gtfo with that weak shizz

because i still enjoy apb? or is that not welcomed.  if it wishes to grow, posts like this need to go. nah mean, jelly bean?

11 minutes ago, tennogrineer said:

yeah, most people give up the same way you do. outside the contradictory statements in your reply, im sorry you couldn't compete at this level. fortunately, i hear they are hiring at tasty burger, maybe that's your type of thing, eh? ❤️
Controversial you mean? Sometimes it's unclear to me whether we speak the same language or not with the way you speak and seem to perceive whatever is written. You assuming I couldn't "compete at this level" implies your statements thusfar have made more sense than my own. I fear the judges of that as of yet, are only you and me, deeming any conclusion made irrelevant since it is only your word against my own. I stated you are losing my interest, and that you make me feel superior over you in the sense you try to claim superiority over others. I am sorry if me thinking I am better at what you're trying to do come's across as offensive to you.
imitation is the highest form of flattery. clearly you are interested if you keep trying to re-engineer the same replies i already gave to you. while i am not into your reverse roleplay and  your need to wear the pants in our relationship,  what do you say we talk this over coffee? it is not controversial, it is just your inabilities to comprehend at this point.

7 minutes ago, Captain Teemo said:
seems like the hot topic in this thread. i do miss some of the old forum goers (though i see them on stream chats), guess most of them don't feel they can post in this mess because we are pretty much too dumb here to really promote those discussions over a quick troll instead. there are good threads, but no one takes them seriously. we became g1 in that regard lol
theres no discussions to be had frankly, other than these new balance changes going to test phase today everything has been discussed to death by far more people than we have now - half of the controversial topics have been around since i first joined the forum in 2011 lmao

humoring whatever new player picked up the stick to beat a dead horse loses its appeal pretty quickly as well

5 minutes ago, BXNNXD said:
theres no discussions to be had frankly, other than these new balance changes going to test phase today everything has been discussed to death by far more people than we have now - half of the controversial topics have been around since i first joined the forum in 2011 lmao

humoring whatever new player picked up the stick to beat a dead horse loses its appeal pretty quickly as well
yeah, and that's pretty much to tennos point the way I see it. we don't have to respond to all this nonsense but we consciously do and it's like the only thing that really gets anywhere. you sometimes see a rare post by like dopefish or lust, but then it seems like no one wants to think that far ahead as they do. 😢 then they leave us and we are seeing randoms fighting over the forums over who graduated at the top of their class lol

15 minutes ago, tennogrineer said:

imitation is the highest form of flattery. clearly you are interested if you keep trying to re-engineer the same replies i already gave to you. while i am not into your reverse roleplay and  your need to wear the pants in our relationship,  what do you say we talk this over coffee? it is not controversial, it is just your inabilities to comprehend at this point.
Imitation of... you in this case? Now you are merely being silly. Stating my replies to you are reshaped replies of your own thrown back at you is a level of sillyness I can not comprehend indeed. You seem to resort to different forms of phrasing of: You can not comprehend what I am saying, it is beyond you. Without any arguments to support your statement. If you fail to understand the actual critisism I present towards you, then I see no point in continueing this conversation with you any longer indeed. If you want to tag me a coward, or sore loser over that, be my guest. I guess it would just show you have yet to experience how one should discuss a matter, and how one can not win an argument, because it misses the point of argueing in the first place. The conversation you seek is a debate, I do not. I am not claiming my victory, nor my loss in this conversation, it is irrelevant and pointless to me. I am trying to make you understand how belittling others in the way you do does not have any benefits besides feeding self entitled behaviour. You drew the conclussion that I was immitating you because I said I thought I was doing a better version of your behaviour, which was to reflect your own behaviour which is a very effective psychological move to make, much like putting a mirror in front of a child that throws a tantrum. Now don't get me wrong, I am not calling you a child that throws a tantrum, that would be ludicrous. But I am saying you speaking of comprehension and controversy comes from your own misinterpertations.

I feel no need to fight with you, but I do feel a need to call out someone on his behaviour on the spot as it happens. You can deem that whatever you like, I think of it as good morals, and it is not something I can apply 24/7. Enough is enough I'd say. Let's bury the hatchet, I can see where you come from and I will agree to having stepped out of line myself if you could do the same. Edited by Slickmund

16 minutes ago, tennogrineer said:

if it wishes to grow, posts like this need to go. nah mean, jelly bean?

Oh man, so THAT'S where both RTW and G1 went wrong, they allowed posts like this!
200IQ confirmed.
TdaCPry.gif

3 minutes ago, Captain Teemo said:
yeah, and that's pretty much to tennos point the way I see it. we don't have to respond to all this nonsense but we consciously do and it's like the only thing that really gets anywhere. you sometimes see a rare post by like dopefish or lust, but then it seems like no one wants to think that far ahead as they do. 😢 then they leave us and we are seeing randoms fighting over the forums over who graduated at the top of their class lol
NvZuuCp.gif

Imitation of... you in this case? Now you are merely being silly. Stating my replies to you are reshaped replies of your own thrown back at you is a level of sillyness I can not comprehend indeed. You seem to resort to different forms of phrasing of: You can not comprehend what I am saying, it is beyond you. Without any arguments to support your statement. If you fail to understand the actual critisism I present towards you, then I see no point in continueing this conversation with you any longer indeed. If you want to tag me a coward, or sore loser over that, be my guest. I guess it would just show you have yet to experience how one should discuss a matter, and how one can not win an argument, because it misses the point of argueing in the first place. The conversation you seek is a debate, I do not. I am not claiming my victory, nor my loss in this conversation, it is irrelevant and pointless to me. I am trying to make you understand how belittling others in the way you do does not have any benefits besides feeding self entitled behaviour. You drew the conclussion that I was immitating you because I said I thought I was doing a better version of your behaviour, which was to reflect your own behaviour which is a very effective psychological move to make, much like putting a mirror in front of a child that throws a tantrum. Now don't get me wrong, I am not calling you a child that throws a tantrum, that would be ludicrous. But I am saying you speaking of comprehension and controversy comes from your own misinterpertations.

I feel no need to fight with you, but I do feel a need to call out someone on his behaviour on the spot as it happens. You can deem that whatever you like, I think of it as good morals, and it is not something I can apply 24/7. Enough is enough I'd say. Let's bury the hatchet, I can see where you come from and I will agree to having stepped out of line myself if you could do the same.
We are the same if you think about it. Our levels of ignorance will never find balance. Where I pick and choose my behavior is the same as yours. To that end, it's better if we stop before I type a paper proving to you otherwise--which we both know will just lead to the same outcome the last time I decided to be somewhat formal.

5 minutes ago, CookiePuss said:
Oh man, so THAT'S where both RTW and G1 went wrong, they allowed posts like this!
200IQ confirmed.

seems LO is allowing it too. Thonk 4Head

Sign in to follow this