3 minutes ago, TheJellyGoo said:
fits again so:

"Trying to use a statistic as an argumentative base

Lacks the capability to properly interpret said statistic

:thonk:"
Statistics tell me that, people are slowly but surely starting to leave the game, because #LO is slow at fixing the issues.

Just now, Luminesca said:
5 minutes ago, TheJellyGoo said:
fits again so:

Statistics tell me that, people are slowly but surely starting to leave the game, because #LO is slow at fixing the issues.
I am sure posts like these make them work faster!

36 minutes ago, NotZombieBiscuit said:

Game is going to die regardless if LO bought the game and did anything with it anyway. Why does this surprise people? APB was never a big game in the first place and has done pretty good at keeping up part of its population for this long. Time is just running out for it.

Dont compare apb with your life. Things in this game can still be fixed.

2 minutes ago, Excalibur! said:
39 minutes ago, NotZombieBiscuit said:

Game is going to die regardless if LO bought the game and did anything with it anyway. Why does this surprise people? APB was never a big game in the first place and has done pretty good at keeping up part of its population for this long. Time is just running out for it.

Dont compare apb with your life. Things in this game can still be fixed.
Na. My life can be fixed. With a noose.

1 minute ago, NotZombieBiscuit said:

Na. My life can be fixed. With a noose.

fnKMb2Y.jpg

2 minutes ago, Luminesca said:
6 minutes ago, TheJellyGoo said:
fits again so:

In it's core all it does is show that numbers decreased from one to another month

If you think that that is all you have to think about when trying to interpret those numbers than you have no clue about the flow and depths of them!
While necessarily partly not wrong you're also not wholly right - just to be ahead of some recurrent circle discussion

7 minutes ago, BXNNXD said:
fnKMb2Y.jpg
If it rams me hard enough it would work too.

The only way this game will gain or get new players again is to completely rework this game. This game is just so unbalanced and hate me when I say this but it's all messed up. It needs reworking. The other devs were clearly in it for only the money and left this game to rot. I have a good feeling about the new company that's working on APB and I hope they will take action once the new game is upgraded to a new version of Unreal Engine.

1 minute ago, NotZombieBiscuit said:
If it rams me hard enough it would work too.
i’m sure we could cum to some sort of arrangement :^)

Just now, BXNNXD said:
i’m sure we could cum to some sort of arrangement :^)
Thank you for understanding my friendo. :^)

Your graph, if you read it, APB had an increase of 47% then 28%.
The population decrease of ~7% isn't a majority of the population. You have to take into account different variables when reading statistics.

1. APB hasn't had a content update for a long time.
  2. The hype train can only last for so long.
So, in fact, not a significant amount of people have left. The next content update, and new information regarding such will be released this week. (Hopefully, as MattScott has stated, there's a post coming this week, and due to a last minute bug in the update, it was delayed from last week, probably to this week)
33 minutes ago, Nukkel said:
Well for starters,  keep the fairfight hackers banned instead of allowing them to play again.
And give us information why it takes so long for an update.
And I bet the update is just gonna be some weapon changes for 5  guns which will change nothing and people will still just play n-tec and nvhr xdd, oh and also with teleporting lags this time! LOL!

FairFight bans, excluding Fraud bans, (all of them, not just hackers) were unbanned because of a lack of procedure, and proper documentation was done by G1. Little Orbit was not happy with how G1 handled it, so they unbanned everyone, instead of going through the thousands of bans and determining which were just or unjust. (AFTER BattlEye was implemented.)

18 minutes ago, Nukkel said:
It's a real issue, everyone is sucking LO d**k because they  promise change but it's still a cancer. "BUT MRRRNUKKEL!! THEY MADE ROADMAP XDD" Yeah but I can also  bring up  ideas and then fuck the server up and bring back cheaters :/! Garbage, absolute trash.

Bring back cheaters? What? The population has soared, and cheaters are at an all time low, if even passed through the client side anti-cheat.
L.O. is still banning cheaters, and hackers, but on a more fine tuned basis, not mass banning.
FairFight is still working in the background, and BattlEye prevents anyone with a script kiddie plan from even launching the game.

10 minutes ago, Nukkel said:

Well as u can see people are starting to leave again because it looks like its just gonna stay one big pile of garbage :3!

Starting to leave? I have yet to see people leaving. It's July, most people are on break from school, and are probably on vacations, out of town or otherwise, thus not playing.
Some people are also working more, and trying to get income for the incoming school year.

8 minutes ago, BXNNXD said:

in no particular order, LO pros:
-communicated openly, honestly, and frequently
-added battleye
-fixed fairfights unreliable configuration
-unbanned people who were falsely banned
-lowered g1c prices
-gave out free premium
-fixed the net code issues for some people

LO negatives:
-caused netcode issues in the first place
-unbanned some people who cheated

its been 3 months, i’m not sure why you expect some magical transformation into perfection

The netcode was an accident, of course, and a side effect of re-configuring their network and servers, to resolve the lag from the netcode in the first place.
I'd list this as a pro, with the netcode bug as an accident, that even they are asking players for the information from their experiences getting d/c'd

5 minutes ago, Nukkel said:
XD removed fairfight added all  hackers back to  the game who are still players.
HAHAHAH BUT WE  GOT BATTLEEYE WHICH IS GOOD I SUPPOSE, Plz stfu man.
Wow lowered   g1c prices like i didn't  spend enough cash on this   trash yet.
WOW free premium for a  quick cash-grab so that people buy more again! (btw already had premium so  bohoo 6  extra  days.)

Atleast we get honest  replies xd. "Sorry guys we are absolute trash with trash servers but here you go hackers unbanned!"
  • They didn't remove fairfight.
  • They didn't "add all hackers back" they reversed what they felt were unjust bans.
  • BattlEye is the current leader in anti-cheat? so... it is good? I see no issue here...
  • They lowered prices because the price gouging done by G1 was sore in people's minds, and LO wants to reconfigure their pricing so that they aren't going to make people think the game is P2W, (which it isn't at all, people are just dumb, and don't understand mechanics, and blame skill on money) They did that by permanently lowering the prices of Armas by 20%. This is the first stages of them "fixing" Armas.
  • Free Premium is a cash grab? How...? they're literally giving it away for free?...
  • You completely misunderstood everything MattScott, Lixil, and the community has said. Good job.
17 minutes ago, Luminesca said:
21 minutes ago, TheJellyGoo said:
fits again so:

Statistics are numerical representations, and interpretations of numbers, and patterns. What you see as "statistics" can be manipulated to fit whatever narrative you want.
For Example:
348px-ElectoralCollege2016.svg.png

If you view this image of the United States 2016 Election, you would think that a majority of the citizens of the United States who voted (considering only 1/3 of the citizens vote *side note, that's piss poor, let's vote people <end sidenote>* But you fail to understand how the election actually turned out. A majority of the people who actually voted, voted for Hillary Clinton, while a minority actually voted for Trump.
XzYfvtFNGKw97H4PJePcmBErDZmsMd4wBJ6sL68d
Hillary had around a million more votes.

Statistics can be manipulated to showcase a specific outcome, like the election. In order to read statistics, and understand them, you need to understand the context.

4 minutes ago, Sergsininia said:

The netcode was an accident, of course, and a side effect of re-configuring their network and servers, to resolve the lag from the netcode in the first place.
I'd list this as a pro, with the netcode bug as an accident, that even they are asking players for the information from their experiences getting d/c'd

the server work is ongoing so i only listed the partial netcode fix

and accident or not it was still a huge negative, even if the fix was a positive

Just now, BXNNXD said:
the server work is ongoing so i only listed the partial netcode fix

and accident or not it was still a huge negative, even if the fix was a positive
agree to disagree?

44 minutes ago, Tobii said:

People leave because the hype died.. That's it.

Do you expect them to fix years of damage in only 3 months?

oh ok

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, Sergsininia said:
agree to disagree?
no

something being an accident doesn’t make it magically ok

56 minutes ago, NotZombieBiscuit said:
1 hour ago, Sykc said:

they still believe in ddos ? ahahhaha

What even is a Chinese bot net for rent on the internet. I have no idea what my mum's credit card details are.
You know... I've explained it so many times, I swear 95% of the people in the forums are special.
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, BXNNXD said:
no

something being an accident doesn’t make it magically ok

It's not magically ok, however it was a bug that wasn't discovered, which was likely to happen from human error with the code changes.
Since they are fixing the bug, it's due course, they didn't intentionally degrade the game.

Unlike the un-banning, they knew exactly what they were doing with the population, and they weren't unbanning just hackers, but anyone who hadn't committed a cyber crime. So, anything from pissing off tiggs, to blatantly breaking the ToS under G1.
With the extreme number of cases that were unjust already discovered, it was apparent that they didn't want to go through and find every single case of a illegitimate ban, so they unbanned the masses of players. Which many people in the community were against, and they understood that. People who were legitimately banned would now be able to play, and enjoy the game, whether or not they would repeat their mistake.

With the un-banning, they knew the consequences of their actions, and proceeded to deal with them.

Cheaters? Where?

Gitgud scrub

54 minutes ago, Nukkel said:
XD removed fairfight added all  hackers back to  the game who are still players.
HAHAHAH BUT WE  GOT BATTLEEYE WHICH IS GOOD I SUPPOSE, Plz stfu man.
Wow lowered   g1c prices like i didn't  spend enough cash on this   trash yet.
WOW free premium for a  quick cash-grab so that people buy more again! (btw already had premium so  bohoo 6  extra  days.)

Atleast we get honest  replies xd. "Sorry guys we are absolute trash with trash servers but here you go hackers unbanned!"
if ff was removed why do i see "Fairfight active" when loggin into any district?

idk what this lag your talking about is... im always at 20-30ms. if your a BR in the US server (servers based in TX) there is NOTHING LO can do about your lag. 2 things can happen. 1: move to the US just to play APB, or 2: LO sets up a server in BR (witch i dont thing willl happend cuz BRs r cancer and just need to be IP blocked from the US servers.

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, Sadira said:

Do you expect them to fix years of damage in only 3 months?

oh ok

No. I obviously expect them to fix it overnight. DUH
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, BXNNXD said:
apparently we do

in no particular order, LO pros:
-communicated openly, honestly, and frequently
-added battleye
-fixed fairfights unreliable configuration
-unbanned people who were falsely banned
-lowered g1c prices
-gave out free premium
-fixed the net code issues for some people

LO negatives:
-caused netcode issues in the first place
-unbanned some people who cheated

its been 3 months, i’m not sure why you expect some magical transformation into perfection
Actually, about the part where they banned people who were falsely banned, is not entirely true, they did a whole unbanning, from scammers, to blatant cheaters, and yes, you mentioned it, but they didn't unban "some cheaters" who EVEN given this chance, still proceed to do the things that got them banned in the first place, but yeah, we'll just remove the /report button, when it was MOST IF NOT ALL OF THE CHEATER COMMUNITY.  Also, the free premium was 6 days, and the G1c prices, if they've been lowered, I definitely can't see a difference, seeing I'm still paying $25 to $35 for one gun.  From what I recall, the last prices were $35 to $40 for a gun, so it's still very expensive.  And also, from what I've seen, Battleeye, isn't doing anything.  

And about communicating openly, they're not doing it anymore, my friends have reported "suspicious activity" multiple times, and no not on every loss, some losses.   If someone is hitting me with a PMG from 50 meters away, there's a big problem there.  Anyway, they've been stood up, they don't respond anymore. Edited by MidnightStrider

16 minutes ago, Sergsininia said:

It's not magically ok, however it was a bug that wasn't discovered, which was likely to happen from human error with the code changes.
Since they are fixing the bug, it's due course, they didn't intentionally degrade the game.

Unlike the un-banning, they knew exactly what they were doing with the population, and they weren't unbanning just hackers, but anyone who hadn't committed a cyber crime. So, anything from pissing off tiggs, to blatantly breaking the ToS under G1.
With the extreme number of cases that were unjust already discovered, it was apparent that they didn't want to go through and find every single case of a illegitimate ban, so they unbanned the masses of players. Which many people in the community were against, and they understood that. People who were legitimately banned would now be able to play, and enjoy the game, whether or not they would repeat their mistake.

With the un-banning, they knew the consequences of their actions, and proceeded to deal with them.
imo it’s pretty disengenuous to claim the fix as a positive without listing the fact that a fix was needed in the first place as a negative  

12 minutes ago, TwistedShadow said:

It's absolutely inconceivable how I can see these FF banned players in the game like nothing ever happened. And the worst part is the people that defend those players. Probably because they are buddies or leechers.  I've literally seen someone kill my teammate then snap around 180 degrees and last hitting me. I'm not going to do any name calling because I'm pretty sure there's an army of carried players ready to tell me to quit QQ and "git gud". The reason those cheaters stay under the radar is because they're good at it. And the reason they were finally banned by FF was because they finally slipped up and now they probably never will slip up again. I cannot possible believe an anti-cheating system used by a lot of big companies would false positive someone who's been accused of hacking for years and years.  Just as I cannot understand how players would rather see this game die while getting boosted once in a while, instead of taking a stand against those cheaters. I've actually seen people defending the cheaters in district, it's not even funny.

B

BE, arguably the best anticheat on the market, regularly has false bans 

that aside, it wasn’t fairfight itself that had banning issues, it was the way g1 had it configured and the way g1 documented bans (read: they didn’t)
3 minutes ago, MidnightStrider said:
Actually, about the part where they banned people who were falsely banned, is not entirely true, they did a whole unbanning, from scammers, to blatant cheaters, who EVEN given this chance, still proceed to do the things that got them banned in the first place, but yeah, we'll just remove the /report button.
yes that’s why the unbans are in both the positive and negative lists

???

Edited by BXNNXD