Sign in to follow this  
Berkshire

Voice chat

Would there be any voice chat upgrades? Communicating with fellow team members would be tactical.

i really enjoy when the opp uses voip in apb and just end up broadcasting all their teams moves to me as i wait around the corner

Edited by BXNNXD
typo
  • Like 1

Yeah I would have to agree that a alternative or upgraded version of voip would be much appreciated if possible at any point in future.

• Like 1

Just remove vivox. It is complete trash, almost everyone has it off already, and everyone uses other means for communication.

• Like 2

Wait, we have VOiP?

Oh... Oh that thing... Hidden under all the dust...

I can't even get it to work in the first place lol.

I just end the process to try and get as much out of my CPU as possible. First time I've ever seen a game use a different process just for voice xD

I've never been able to hear people clearly with Vivox. It's so quiet, even after changing windows volume settings. Something new or an upgrade would be nice.

7 minutes ago, Cheeseburger! said:

I've never been able to hear people clearly with Vivox. It's so quiet, even after changing windows volume settings. Something new or an upgrade would be nice.

It won't even WORK for me. I have everything set up properly and it just doesn't work. At least you got that far 😐

Turning system volume to 100 and everything else to 1 or 0. 

Teammate 1 - Static

Teammate 2 - Shouting but sounds like whispering

Teammate 3 - Shouting but sounds like screaming or playing gibberish

Can't mute, can't hear, too loud. 

Only time I ever hear anyone using VOIP is in Social where teenage boys talk at length and in detail about Traps.

Occasionally, they aren't talking about Traps. They talk about how bad of a player the other person in the conversation is.

I'm okay with removing the feature entirely.

I asked Ritual if they will be upgrading the VOIP system in the game, and he said that it is not on the main priority list which is understandable. The VOIP in this game is utter trash where i have to turn up my sound game to max to hear anyone but then everything else in the game is 100x louder then before.

To get Vivox to acceptable volume levels:

1. Max your Windows volume
  2. Reduce APB's volume to 25 in Windows Volume Mixer
  3. Leave Vivox at max in Windows Volume Mixer
    1. Leave Vivox sliders in-game at max
  4. Use in-game Master Volume to adjust APB as necessary
    1. Mine is set to .6
  5. Adjust Windows volume to preference

When I have Windows at 56, APB is at 14; it scales appropriately to whatever my Windows volume is at, and I can hear Vivox usually. It's a little on the quiet side to avoid my ears being destroyed while in Social.

Edited by Knite

If they made an option for ingame voip to only enable for you and your team mates or friends, then itd make sense to use. But they went for some social thing that you will taut your enemies for some reason.

I'm all in to remove voip from the game. With Teamspeak, Discord and many others nowadays, voip is an obsolete add-on.

1 minute ago, Poperon said:

I'm all in to remove voip from the game. With Teamspeak, Discord and many others nowadays, voip is an obsolete add-on.

not everyone uses those, and it seems rather ridiculous to expect every random group to get together in a 3rd party program in order to communicate

4 minutes ago, BXNNXD said:

not everyone uses those, and it seems rather ridiculous to expect every random group to get together in a 3rd party program in order to communicate

It also seems rather ridiculous to expect every random group to communicate at all.

Just now, Zoehh said:

It also seems rather ridiculous to expect every random group to communicate at all.

fair point

but if we remove ingame voip how will my teammates open broadcast poor quality music while i attempt to make callouts

I don't know what happened, but Vivox just got worse over time. Hearing other people talk in social was a big part of the experience, and now it just feels dead.

I'm all for updating the VOIP-system, especially so that you can communicate with your random group. Not sure what alternatives there are to Vivox though, but it needs to be something that actually works, and preferably does volume balancing.

4 minutes ago, Dopefish said:

I don't know what happened, but Vivox just got worse over time. Hearing other people talk in social was a big part of the experience, and now it just feels dead.

I'm all for updating the VOIP-system, especially so that you can communicate with your random group. Not sure what alternatives there are to Vivox though, but it needs to be something that actually works, and preferably does volume balancing.

Discord has an API that they (as in the devs) can integrate that uses the web to connect people to a giant Discord server together, some mods like El Dewrito (Halo Online) do this and it works very well, it would also allow for Rich Presence integration and inviting people to play APB with you via Discord integration. There is an issue where it randomly makes some people's mic very loud for a very short period of time when they connect to the server though, and I'm not sure what causes it. Just my 2c.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Dopefish said:

it might be another case of just badly managed code

iirc r6 siege also uses vivox and the ingame voip is very high quality, in my own personal experience at least

11 minutes ago, Similarities said:

Discord has an API that they (as in the devs) can integrate that uses the web to connect people to a giant Discord server together, some mods like El Dewrito (Halo Online) do this and it works very well, it would also allow for Rich Presence integration and inviting people to play APB with you via Discord integration. 

Do you know if it allows for positional sound, so that you can hear lower volume of the players a bit off on your left, and so you don't hear people from too far away?

Sign in to follow this