sometaters

Previous hackusation thread.

So I don't know where we can actually file reports (because I get zero feedback for using /report username in-game) so here is a 2 minute video of a player that I suspect of aimbot.

If calling people out like this is against some sort of term, I will re-upload the video with all mentions of the player's name censored.

Also I don't mean for the title to be in all-caps, it just is.

Video link: removed due to rules

Edited by sometaters

That was quite possibly the worst example of "proof" I may have ever seen.

Edited by CookiePuss

Just now, Cheeseburger! said:

You don't know where to send a support ticket?

I didn't know reports went there. I've never actually attempted to report someone before so I thought I'd start here. Thanks for being helpful.

Just now, sometaters said:
1 minute ago, Cheeseburger! said:

You don't know where to send a support ticket?

I didn't know reports went there. I've never actually attempted to report someone before so I thought I'd start here. Thanks for being helpful.
Please dont waste support's valuable time with this.
Please.
  • Like 1

If you play it at .25 speed, you'll see that the player in question after he hears the door open, a split second, he fires 1 shot, and then realizes the door next to him opened. He then fires at you. Not suspicious at all?

Plus, Forum rules, send anything related to hacking to support, don't name and shame on the forums.

3 minutes ago, Cheeseburger! said:

The forum rules are a good place to start.

I don't know if you're reading a separate set of rules but I don't see anything related to my post.OFVpoJL.png

7 minutes ago, Sergsininia said:

If you play it at .25 speed, you'll see that the player in question after he hears the door open, a split second, he fires 1 shot, and then realizes the door next to him opened. He then fires at you. Not suspicious at all?

Plus, Forum rules, send anything related to hacking to support, don't name and shame on the forums.

Watching it at .25 speed shows the character animation lagging. The first shot that hits the player hits before it even looks like he is being aimed at. APB is notorious for having shitty and laggy character animations, Hell sometimes they dont work at all and it just looks like you are firing straight up into the air.
1 minute ago, sometaters said:
I don't know if you're reading a separate set of rules but I don't see anything related to my post.OFVpoJL.png
google "slanderous" Edited by CookiePuss

Click the big red button up at the top
then read the last of the bullet points that reads:
  • No Naming/Shaming If you believe someone is cheating please reach out to our support or to our GMs
  • No talking about bans This is private information to the player itself, you should not be giving this information to other players. Please reach out to our support if this happens
These are the two that pertain to your case.
2 minutes ago, CookiePuss said:
Watching it a .25 speed shows the character animation lagging. The first shot that hits the player hits before it even looks like he is being aimed at. APB is notorious for having shitty and laggy character animations, Hell sometimes they dont work at all and it just looks like you are firing straight up into the air.
Don't forget the fact that the aim of the 3rd person camera allows you to see your surroundings much more than that of an FPS.

"No Naming/Shaming If you believe someone is cheating please reach out to our support or to our GMs"

4 minutes ago, CookiePuss said:
Watching it a .25 speed shows the character animation lagging. The first shot that hits the player hits before it even looks like he is being aimed at.
So the fact that he's damaging me before I even say he does is of no concern to you? I just went through my video editing program and it took him 5 frames between the muzzle flash of him firing at my teammate and him damaging me. 10 frames if you count muzzle flash to muzzle flash which, is still incredible since he's looking down and to the left, then instantly 90 degrees and on a even flooring.

And due to me actually looking at a separate set of rules than the rest of you, I have removed the video from my post and submitted a ticket.

I hope you have a frame by frame vid of my muzzle flash when i do the /fart emote.

• Like 1

So the fact that he's damaging me before I even say he does is of no concern to you? I just went through my video editing program and it took him 5 frames between the muzzle flash of him firing at my teammate and him damaging me. 10 frames if you count muzzle flash to muzzle flash which, is still incredible since he's looking down and to the left, then instantly 90 degrees and on a even flooring.

You misunderstand. He is aiming at you before it looks like he is aiming at you.
Look at his aim when the first damage marker shows on your character.  No one fires at you but him. And when the first shot lands it still appears that he is aiming at your teammate, when in fact he has already swiveled to you.
The model lagging is what is making you think he is cheating. When in fact he simply reacted to your opening the door.
  • Thanks 1

NAME

AND

SHAME

IS

A

RULE

Also you're just bad.

Edited by NotZombieBiscuit
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, CookiePuss said:
You misunderstand. He is aiming at you before it looks like he is aiming at you.
Look at his aim when the first damage marker shows on your character.  No one fires at you but him. And when the first shot lands it still appears that he is aiming at your teammate, when in fact he has already swiveled to you.
The model lagging is what is making you think he is cheating. When in fact he simply reacted to your opening the door.
If that's the case, then it's about 40 frames (0.4 seconds) from the moment I kick the door to when I'm being damaged the first time (when he's not looking at me). Considering this lag, there should also be some sort of delay for when he sees or hears me but I won't count it, just to please you.

A quick google search tells me that the average human reaction time to audio is 0.17 seconds, so 17 frames.

This person is also currently dealing with another player at the time I kick the door.

This person takes 0.23 seconds (0.4 - 0.17) to stop aiming at my teammate to look up about 45 degrees and about 90 degrees to the side (in one fluid motion) and fire multiple rounds into me.

If he happened to be expecting me to come up at any moment, fine. I can almost accept that by itself. But the sequence of events is just way too suspicious for me to not fully believe that this was a hacker. I don't call hacks often (because if I did I'd be complaining about them more than actually playing the game) but when I do, I'm always certain of it.
Just now, AsgerLund said:

I hope you have a frame by frame vid of my muzzle flash when i do the /fart emote.

This genuinely made me laugh.

Anyway, I've gone ahead and submitted my report. Thanks for your feedback and really hammering home that the community is toxic and full of members of the Hackers Defense Force.

7 minutes ago, sometaters said:
But the sequence of events is just way too suspicious for me to not fully believe that this was a hacker.
It is not suspicious at all.
Maybe stop being gold in bronze and you will see how unimpressive this video clip is.
There is not s single thing sus about this death.
Not a single thing.

4 minutes ago, sometaters said:
~snippity-snip~
Anyway, I've gone ahead and submitted my report. Thanks for your feedback and really hammering home that the community is toxic and full of members of the Hackers Defense Force.
While I wholeheartedly believe hackers should receive punishment for their wrongdoing, I disagree with one piece of evidence. As the Jury in U.S. Courts, there can be a statement over a lack of evidence, ... the lack of evidence. You only gave a 2 minute video explaining, and context of a 5 second fight. That's just not enough.

I don't side with hackers or hackusators, I want to make my own decisions, and based on what you presented, there's not enough to:
  1. Convict.
  2. Understand the situation.
I don't see how I was being toxic, or others?...
Aside from ZombieBiscuit that is, they're an exception.

9 minutes ago, sometaters said:
Also have to remember that he can hear you kick open the first door so he knows you are coming to the second door even before you kick it.
1 minute ago, Sergsininia said:

How am I being toxic 😞 ?

5 minutes ago, Sergsininia said:
While I wholeheartedly believe hackers should receive punishment for their wrongdoing, I disagree with one piece of evidence. As the Jury in U.S. Courts, there can be a statement over a lack of evidence, ... the lack of evidence. You only gave a 2 minute video explaining, and context of a 5 second fight. That's just not enough.

I don't side with hackers or hackusators, I want to make my own decisions, and based on what you presented, there's not enough to:
  1. Convict.
  2. Understand the situation.
I don't see how I was being toxic, or others?...
Nah you've been particularly civil and I can appreciate that. And yeah lack of evidence is why I included the unedited footage afterwards to try and remedy that. I've only played against this guy once and I'm usually not close enough to see someone snap-lock like this.
3 minutes ago, NotZombieBiscuit said:
Also have to remember that he can hear you kick open the first door so he knows you are coming to the second door even before you kick it.
I honestly didn't consider this. In the moment, I thought he might still have been too far to hear it but this is a valid point. Edited by sometaters

4 minutes ago, NotZombieBiscuit said:

How am I being toxic 😞 

ur existence is toxic

In many situations it looks like someone snaps, like Cookie mentioned, there can be a lot of animation lag, or glitches. Sometimes you just walk about with your gun lowered whilst hip firing someone to a bloody pulp, happens to me, I see it happen, it happens. I haven't seen the video sadly, I just wanted to emphatize on the fact that animations in APB really can not be trusted at any time.

2 hours ago, CookiePuss said:
Please dont waste support's valuable time with this.
Please.

Not to sound inappropriate or anything but it's not a waste of supports time if you actually want to report someone with proof.

Exhibit A:

fc33b4991d.png

1 minute ago, Rim said:
Not to sound inappropriate or anything but it's not a waste of supports time if you actually want to report someone with proof.
It is if you dont actually have any proof.