MattScott

Network outage 2018-07-29 7am PDT

what hamster formula did you change to?

these hamsters are finicky eaters.

Are the server running again ? Or still asleep ?

Rough day on the network side. There's been some intermittent issues affecting Citadel.
We are working on it.

• Thanks 2

Matt, you might need a flamethrower with all the cobwebs you're going to clean.
Stupid jokes aside, good luck out there.

This has been an issue for a very long time, (weekend crashes) and it would take hours for the "on duty" staff to notice or to drive in and fix it, then they would blame it on random crap. Thanks for the communication.

Thanks for lettin us know! I hope you will fix everything soon.

3 hours ago, MattScott said:

Hi everyone,

This morning at 7am PDT one of our circuits had rolling connectivity issues which caused servers to be unavailable. That circuit is back up, but the engineers are looking at the core issue. When these types of network issues happen, we are forced to do a round of server reboots to make sure Districts and World servers can talk to each other properly. 

We've spent quite a bit of time patching server performance and looking at forward-facing network systems, and I believe we've made real progress there. However clearly there are still more cobwebs to clean. Personally it's frustrating to see failures in these "back of house" systems that cause downtime on a weekend like this. Tomorrow I'm going to sit with the networking team to start evaluating them one by one to see if we can reduce the possibility of this kind of downtime in the future.

Thanks,
Matt

Ok that is for lags,but what is with new update in games?New engine maybe,new items maybe,new contact,new armas loyality gun, 2013y last contact in apb,optimizatio apb maybe because in game like apb i need to have 200fps not 80-90 i have in pubg all maxed 140fps,something coming very very soon or not?
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 1

14 minutes ago, yony8888 said:
4 hours ago, MattScott said:

Hi everyone,

This morning at 7am PDT one of our circuits had rolling connectivity issues which caused servers to be unavailable. That circuit is back up, but the engineers are looking at the core issue. When these types of network issues happen, we are forced to do a round of server reboots to make sure Districts and World servers can talk to each other properly. 

We've spent quite a bit of time patching server performance and looking at forward-facing network systems, and I believe we've made real progress there. However clearly there are still more cobwebs to clean. Personally it's frustrating to see failures in these "back of house" systems that cause downtime on a weekend like this. Tomorrow I'm going to sit with the networking team to start evaluating them one by one to see if we can reduce the possibility of this kind of downtime in the future.

Thanks,
Matt

Ok that is for lags,but what is with new update in games?New engine maybe,new items maybe,new contact,new armas loyality gun, 2013y last contact in apb,optimizatio apb maybe because in game like apb i need to have 200fps not 80-90 i have in pubg all maxed 140fps,something coming very very soon or not?

If you read the blog posts, you can clearly see what Little Orbit have planned to release in the future for APB Reloaded

🙂  Edited by Rim
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Rim said:

If you read the blog posts, you can clearly see what they have planned to release in the future for APB:Reloaded. 

🙂 
when 2028y maybe? g1 say 5954968596854 times we will release new engine and they never do that,they are just speak what will do but still same old same old
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

35 minutes ago, Nukkel said:

OMFG I JUST WANNA PLAY APB ALL DAY ON MY  DAY OFF AND ALL I GET IS POOP

I feel sorry for you, I've had days like that as well. Bad luck always finds a way to chainkill your hopes on the worst days. Cant be helped though, GL at trying to resolve the issues Matt.

5 hours ago, MattScott said:

Hi everyone,

We've spent quite a bit of time patching server performance and looking at forward-facing network systems, and I believe we've made real progress there. However clearly there are still more cobwebs to clean. Personally it's frustrating to see failures in these "back of house" systems that cause downtime on a weekend like this. Tomorrow I'm going to sit with the networking team to start evaluating them one by one to see if we can * reduce the possibility of this kind of downtime in the future.

Thanks,
Matt

*reduce ? I do not know what they are doing but the servers are getting worse. Maybe they should keep the cobwebs, maybe they were used to protect against ddos attacks.
I the FC you can go two meters without an teleport. The game is making me very angry lately.

I just want to play, You take 2 steps ahead and then 5 steps back (support got hacked, big server Crashes and ddos) Apb is dogged by bad luck.

can not they finally fix the servers? Now we have no more hackers and everyone is happy that the game is finally clean and then the servers start to break. i know they have never been good in apb but i have not seen them that bad for years.

the attackers can not destroy apb completely, but they prevent new updates because they first have to fix the damage of the attackers. Apb is a construction site and it is getting bigger.

I like you Little Orbit but somehow I'm annoyed that the game does not change anything, it's still the same as 4 years ago. I use 
here an there fcking Benzos tablets befor i play apb, because otherwise I smash something again, im suck with this pills but better to buy a new monitor, i have 3 smashed monitor in my garage.

Peace and quiet I'm ou, shesh
  • Like 1

22 minutes ago, yony8888 said:
1 hour ago, Slickmund said:
-
you say this "have either already spent a big buck on APB and is less less likely to willingly invest more, or simply isnt interested in spending at all"   Yes i spend money in apb, but will i invest more in apb that is not on me that is on LO they make new items that i can buy?
You would be called a "whale", because of your spending behaviour in APB. F2P games can rarely run on only whales, their concept needs to appeal beyond the die hard fan really for them to profit. And in a business, you gotta profit or atleast cut even, cutting even is rather risky in most sectors though.

2 hours ago, Solista2050 said:

Matt, du brauchst vielleicht einen Flammenwerfer mit all den Spinnweben, die du putzen willst.
Blöde Witze beiseite, viel Glück da draußen.

no, without the cobwebs, the servers no longer have ddos protection, the cobwebs are the protection for the servers trust me.

6 minutes ago, Sykc said:
*reduce ? I do not know what they are doing but the servers are getting worse. Maybe they should keep the cobwebs, maybe they were used to protect against ddos attacks.
I the FC you can go two meters without an teleport. The game is making me very angry lately.

I just want to play, You take 2 steps ahead and then 5 steps back (support got hacked, big server Crashes and ddos) Apb is dogged by bad luck.

can not they finally fix the servers? Now we have no more hackers and everyone is happy that the game is finally clean and then the servers start to break. i know they have never been good in apb but i have not seen them that bad for years.

the attackers can not destroy apb completely, but they prevent new updates because they first have to fix the damage of the attackers. Apb is a construction site and it is getting bigger.

I like you Little Orbit but somehow I'm annoyed that the game does not change anything, it's still the same as 4 years ago. I use 
here an there fcking Benzos tablets befor i play apb, because otherwise I smash something again, im suck with this pills but better to buy a new monitor, i have 3 smashed monitor in my garage.

Peace and quiet I'm ou, shesh
bro same old same old,nothing new,for now they just talk what they will do,but lets wait 1 week more to see they finaly change something or all is just a big lie
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 2

thx for the updates matt

Citadel is still lagging as hell.

Hello everyone,

As I just removed a bunch of posts with large amount of information, I will have to ask you to tone down the discussion. It is an informational thread, and although the discussion is welcome, please keep it relevant, brief and clean for everyone to be able to follow. Any deeper discussion should be taken to other places/threads with such purpose.

Thank you in advance,
Ritual

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Rim said:

If you read the blog posts, you can clearly see what Little Orbit have planned to release in the future for APB Reloaded

🙂 
It says in july they will continue to work on UE3.5 but no one knows if they started already, and tomorrow is the last day of july 2018

tbh, i dont even give a damn about the engine update atm...they should get their servers fixed finally....laggin like hell since yesterday...again....every weekend its the same....