Seedy

Sick of getting rolled by groups of GOLDs in bronze /d

Just now, Darkzero3802 said:
Just now, The Regulator said:

have you seriously been playing since 11 but are still bronze/silver

The current threat system is complete trash. It doesnt properly reflect ur skill ability and as such doesnt mean jack.
Just now, CookiePuss said:
Just now, Darkzero3802 said:
The current threat system is complete trash. It doesnt properly reflect ur skill ability and as such doesnt mean jack.
The only problem I have with the current threat system is how easily you can threat down.
This ^^ is why Little Orbit is on this mess of a problem

hope its soon

You’re lucky, OP. I’ll smash you on bronze district as a max rank legit silver jerk. If you don’t feel good about yourself after that, we’ll do another round where I use a bigger gun.

• Like 1

Just now, AsgerLund said:

You’re lucky, OP. I’ll smash you on bronze district as a max rank legit silver jerk. If you don’t feel good about yourself after that, we’ll do another round where I use a bigger gun.

You reminded me of one time a couple years ago someone told me that in waterfront
so I grabbed my 4x4 to ram into them hit their car 
then drove up the side of a building
jumped out to shoot at them....

only for my car to fall on me...

*facepalm*
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, AsgerLund said:

Im also sure that if I am at the receiving end of your skill and got pummeled good in a few rounds, asking advice how to better my gameplay would be given by you. You seem to be that kinda player Edited by Gamma64c

2 minutes ago, Fortune Runner said:
You reminded me of one time a couple years ago someone told me that in waterfront
so I grabbed my 4x4 to ram into them hit their car 
then drove up the side of a building
jumped out to shoot at them....

only for my car to fall on me...

*facepalm*
Everytime I remind someone of their own failures, my e-peen grows a bit.... or a byte.

Don't be hating the de-threaters, they are a byproduct of a broken system. If you really want to fix this issue, go back to the drawing board and start over. Throw out the current system, and don't make anything the even remotely resembles it. GIVE UP ON THIS IDEA.

Now how to design something more effective? Hmmm, not quite sure, but throwing out what doesn't work first, is a good start.

I would suggest working on code optimization for client and network to allow for 100 players in an instance and up to 10 players in a team.

This change alone would alleviate a lot of the frustration which mainly comes from mismatching and SMALL GROUPS.

Bigger groups allow for mismatching to have less negative effect and more enjoyable play by all participants.

Shrinking servers and groups was the wrong way to go. The other direction is where prosperity lies...

THIS IS WHY CLANS DO NOT WORK IN APB, no reason to join a clan if you can't even play together cause of stupidly small groups and districts.

Edited by Synyn
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, Gamma64c said:

Im also sure that if I am at the receiving end of your skill and got pummeled good. Asking advice how to better my gameplay would be given by you. You seem to be that kinda player
To be honest, I’d change to your faction, group up with you and just have some good old fashioned fun. Pummeling or not.
  • Thanks 1

14 minutes ago, Fortune Runner said:

This ^^ is why Little Orbit is on this mess of a problem

hope its soon

I believe Matt said that they'd be working on it once the engine upgrade is finished.

Just now, Synyn said:

Don't be hating the de-threaters, they are a byproduct of a broken system.

Dethreaters are selfish, they are bullies, and they are cowards.
Nothing more.
  • Like 1

16 minutes ago, CookiePuss said:
17 minutes ago, Darkzero3802 said:
The only problem I have with the current threat system is how easily you can threat down.
That and how EASY it is to get gold. Gold should be difficult to get. Top tier should be the hardest thing to get, not the lowest tier (in this case green threat). It needs a complete revamp that better reflect someones capabilities and at the same time is harder to abuse. 

Nothing more.
Come on bro, thats all the butt hurt talking. And it is not the way to fix things. Think how to include these people in a solution...

Just now, Synyn said:

Don't be hating the de-threaters, they are a byproduct of a broken system

Except we were all referring to the rank 255 golds who intentionally do this to the bronzes and greens in bronze

Not the ones who are bouncing between gold and silver who aren't trying to bully

Two very different things

29 minutes ago, CookiePuss said:
APB is still in the top 10 most expensive games ever made.
6,000 players isnt "popular".
My point is as long as thing stay the same, this game will never thrive, and combatting dethreaters is a big part of that.
For context, to anyone who doesn’t know, apb cost over $100,000,000 minimum. That’s equal to or more than Battlefield 1 including dlc. 

2 minutes ago, Synyn said:

I would suggest working on code optimization for client and network to allow for 100 players in an instance and up to 10 players in a team.

10 players in a team, sounds like fight club in mission district

Just now, Synyn said:
1 minute ago, CookiePuss said:
Nothing more.
Come on bro, thats all the butt hurt talking. And it is not the way to fix things. Think how to include these people in a solution...
Why would a perma gold be butthurt over dethreaters?
Dethreaters kill any chance for growth APB has.
If you DT, you are the bad guy, not the victim.
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 3

Why would a perma gold be butthurt over dethreaters?
Dethreaters kill any chance for growth APB has.
If you DT, you are the bad guy, not the victim.
This.... yup

1 minute ago, Sergsininia said:

For context, to anyone who doesn’t know, apb cost over $100,000,000 minimum. That’s equal to or more than Battlefield 1 including dlc. 

Just... how. Did they wipe their patootie with 1000$ bills or something?

Just now, Kamo said:
Just now, Sergsininia said:

close to it the original guy had 400 staff and went nuts on it so it ate up the cash

There's a news article online somewhere on how APB then shut down from it
Just now, Synyn said:
1 minute ago, CookiePuss said:
Nothing more.
MY SOLUTION IS A ROCKET TO THEIR FACE RAWRRRRR

3 minutes ago, Fortune Runner said:

close to it the original guy had 400 staff and went nuts on it so it ate up the cash

They ate it up... literally

9 minutes ago, Kamo said:
12 minutes ago, Sergsininia said:

The game was in development since what... 2005/6?
EA was publishing it.
And if you don't know, RealTime Worlds, the original developers, created Crackdown, you know, that Xbox game that got a ton of praise, and is supposed to be expecting a third game, (not from RTW of course)
And APB was originally going to be on Xbox, not PC... but they changed their tune.

1 hour ago, CookiePuss said:

if only we had someone to enforce the Code of Conduct
hvtKOqo.gif

Enforce what exactly? Being gold in bronze is not against the CoC. We have been over this many times already.
It doesn't  mean you have dethreated. You could be borderline gold and fluctuate in threat all the time. That's actually quite common with the current threat system.
You can't ban people just because your system is horrible and because they have no place to play since silver server is overrun by actual gold players.
I'm not saying there are no people you deliberately dethreat to get ez kills but they are not that many as you want to make them look like.
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, Sayori said:
Enforce what exactly? Being gold in bronze is not against the CoC. We have been over this many times already.
It doesn't  mean you have dethreated. You could be borderline gold and fluctuate in threat all the time. That's actually quite common with the current threat system.
You can't ban people just because your system is horrible and because they have no place to play since silver server is overrun by actual gold players.
I'm not saying there are no people you deliberately dethreat to get ez kills but they are not that many as you want to make them look like.
I've run into at least 2 or 3 each play session, each day. And they blatantly state it. Soo... if that's not deliberate, I don't know what is.

1 minute ago, Sayori said:
Enforce what exactly?
To enforce the rules, obviously.
Not people playing in bronze legitimately, but those dethreating to do so.
Stay tuned for more episodes of stating the obvious.