Seedy

Sick of getting rolled by groups of GOLDs in bronze /d

I keep floating between bronze and silver (mostly bronze).. when ever i get to silver I pretty much immediately get made to play against 255 rank GOLDS! WTF IS THIS SHIT! Then they tell me im a shit noob when THEY are constantly playing in bronze districts. These pricks really need to be completely banned from bronze district. I had a 1v1 there v a 255 rank GOLD when I was JUST MADE silver. As soon as he killed me im was right back to bronze. Why was I even considered to play against this person? This was in a BRONZE district. Really disappointing. I think im going to hold off spending more money on APB for now. The game might be hacker free pretty much but the amount of people who are deliberately ruining the game by playing in districts then simply should not ever be allow in is epidemic.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

In the Battlefield online version I was also pummeled by highranks. Instead of getting pissed I asked what I could do to better myself and I kept playing against the *topranks*

When you were small you fell *EVERYTIME* when you learned to walk.

EVERYTIME

Yet you learned, think about it.

Its fine that the threat system cant work due to low pop. Learn the battlefield way, that's my take on this

BTW following you on twitch...

Edited by Gamma64c
  • Like 2

1 minute ago, Gamma64c said:

In the Battlefield online version 

Do you mean Battlefield Heroes ?
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, Gamma64c said:

In the Battlefield online version I was also pummeled by highranks. Instead of getting pissed I asked what I could do to better myself and I kept playing against the *topranks*

When you were small you fell *EVERYTIME* when you learned to walk.

EVERYTIME

Yet you learned, think about it.

Its fine that the threat system cant work due to low pop. Learn the battlefield way, that's my take on this

Full agreeance. Threat should be fixed to allow for slower learning but all in all, we should always push our limits. It's what I do and that's by choice, it's more than the BF way... it applies to all competitive gaming. 🙂
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, -Dan- said:
Do you mean Battlefield Heroes ?

Yes. Loved the simplicity of that game. The 1st fps I did not barf in from motion sickness Edited by Gamma64c
  • Like 2

A lot of things happened to matchmaking during these years, most of which led to some pretty "hilarious" (*) outcomes.

(*) it depends on one's point of view

• Like 1

They're not really golds, they're just silvers that got gold from playing against new players. The reason they play in bronze is because either they just want an easy match and/or they know that if they play in a silver district they'll get shit on by actual golds and probably get flamed themselves.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Solista2050 said:

A lot of things happened to matchmaking during these years, most of which led to some pretty "hilarious" (*) outcomes.

It's even more fun when I encounter blatants and Im teamed with people who have 4000 to 6000hrs in their belt. I follow their instructions (Im at about 2000hrs) and we CRUSH the blatants. Someone called playing against blatants supermode. Often when they speed-cheat they slam against walls and cars. We just entrap them and give them a hail of well placed bullets including one or two sniper slugs

Just now, Gamma64c said:

Yes
You rarely stumble upon another BFH player
Honestly you cannot compare BFH MM and APB's, mainly because BFH was much easier to play
Still, BFH was 100 times better than APB 👌😄
  • Like 1

Just now, Kamo said:

They're not really golds, they're just silvers that got gold from playing against new players. The reason they play in bronze is because either they just want an easy match and/or they know that if they play in a silver district they'll get shit on by actual golds and probably get flamed themselves.

No there are max rank golds who are jerks like this and it has been like this for years from threat and matchmaking being broken.....

That is why Little Orbit is working on fixing these since they are core parts of the game

Just now, -Dan- said:
Honestly you cannot compare BFH MM and APB's😄

I did not compare them. It was just an example of getting crushed pummeled and stomped upon, yet stand up, wipe the blood off and go back in.

3 minutes ago, Kamo said:

...which makes me think that maybe, just maybe, we should have a distinct threat level for those not high enough to be Gold but not low enough to be Silver. But my guess is that would, in turn, cause more segregation and rank exploiting - duh. That was also one of the problems with the old threat level system (which I still prefer compared to the actual one).

8 minutes ago, CookiePuss said:

if only we had someone to enforce the Code of Conduct

IMHO its fine the way it is. Babying new players will get us nowhere. I got in the game when you got kicked of the PUG for just being new. Im still here years later

Remember when people were happy to play people better than them because they realised they not only learned the game in more detail but became better at the game at a faster progressed rate than if they had just played against others their own skill level or lower?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, NotZombieBiscuit said:

Remember when people were happy to play people better than them because they realised they not only learned the game in more detail but became better at the game at a faster progressed rate than if they had just played against others their own skill level or lower?

Remember when APB was popular?
Yeah... me neither.

On APB?

9 minutes ago, Fortune Runner said:
That is why Little Orbit is working on fixing these since they are core parts of the game

A good fix would be resurrecting the referral system, modified so that the new player gets great stuff also. Do a massive twitter campaign. Add that campaign also to players referrering / introducing new players and getting fresh new blood in. If we get 10000 players new, we may keep 3000, which is more than the pop of any server ATM

BTW
The universe doesn't owe us an explanation
- Humble the Poet - Edited by Gamma64c

Just now, Solista2050 said:

On APB?
On APB and in general.
Just now, CookiePuss said:
Yeah... me neither.
Sounds about right.

Just now, Gamma64c said:

A good fix would be resurrecting the referral system, modified so that the new player gets great stuff also. Do a massive twitter campaign. Add that campaign also to players referrering / introducing new players and getting fresh new blood in. If we get 10000 players new, we may keep 3000, which is more than the pop of any server ATM
That would only add more players but would not fix the dethreating at all

Lets face it people the max rank golds who do this are not doing it to be away from other golds they play in bronze as well as silver regularly
They do it because they're ^#*holes
It is why threat and matchmaking must be fixed and why Little Orbit is working on it already
Just now, CookiePuss said:
Yeah... me neither.
I do..... districts were 50 enf 50 crim in Colby and no less than 3 of each of the districts were full at any given time of the day
Between midnight and 6 am cali time you would still have a full district of each then another half full of each one
Then they changed the graphics and people got ticked for how terrible it looks now compared to back then and formed a mass exodus
And then all the other things happened that certainly did not help either....

1 minute ago, Fortune Runner said:
 I do
APB is still in the top 10 most expensive games ever made.
6,000 players isnt "popular".
My point is as long as thing stay the same, this game will never thrive, and combatting dethreaters is a big part of that.

Untill LO actually revamps the threat system as to where it better reflects ur skill and is harder to falsify said threat this issue will continue. Having an auto move system in place as to if u go gold in bronzie dist it boots u out would help too but I think adding that would be a nice addition to the threat revamp. Nip 2 things at once.

2 minutes ago, The Regulator said:

have you seriously been playing since 11 but are still bronze/silver

The current threat system is complete trash. It doesnt properly reflect ur skill ability and as such doesnt mean jack.

Just now, Darkzero3802 said:
The current threat system is complete trash. It doesnt properly reflect ur skill ability and as such doesnt mean jack.
The only problem I have with the current threat system is how easily you can threat down.