AveragePlayer

if LO is true in wanting to clean up the cheater epidemic, they need to restore the /report system

We just need a clear, informative answer from LO - when and how. Nothing more. If they are working on it - good, we can wait (i guess). If its not a priority atm - you know what to do. 
And untill that - all speculations and rumours just makes no sense.

4 hours ago, Wigglebottom said:

Report system was useless, since to many fake reports were coming in all the time and the staff had to probably check all of them

Nope, all /report did was flag the user to FairFight, so FF can prioritize that player over others.

12 hours ago, Hexerin said:
13 hours ago, Aeronaut said:

how effective do you FEEL the /report function was?

Anyone with a functional slab of meat between their ears knows those reports collected dust in a folder, completely ignored by the old team.

Yeah, /report didn't really do anything, or even feel like it did anything.

2 hours ago, Alekero said:

We just need a clear, informative answer from LO - when and how. Nothing more. If they are working on it - good, we can wait (i guess). If its not a priority atm - you know what to do. 

They have already stated, they're fixing it, and working on it as we speak...

9 hours ago, Alekero said:

There already was a few statements on this by Mattscott

On 7/29/2018 at 12:27 AM, CookiePuss said:

There are nearly as many cheaters as you think.
That being said, you can still make cheat reports through the support link at the top of the forums.
r8Ny0w0.png

Fixed for you

4 minutes ago, Darkzero3802 said:
Fixed for you
the op has stated that rebinding “fire weapon” to scroll wheel is cheating, this game would be dead if his cheater estimates were correct 
  • Like 1

14 minutes ago, BXNNXD said:
19 minutes ago, Darkzero3802 said:
Fixed for you
the op has stated that rebinding “fire weapon” to scroll wheel is cheating, this game would be dead if his cheater estimates were correct 
In a way it is as it benefits certain weapons alot more then others and turns them into things they arent supposed to be.

While we are at it make it so typing /who automatically reports everyone on the list. Just to save time.

1 hour ago, Darkzero3802 said:
2 hours ago, BXNNXD said:
In a way it is as it benefits certain weapons alot more then others and turns them into things they arent supposed to be.
Just curious, explain me how exactly certain weapons "benefit" from macro/scrollwheel? You think emptying full mag of semi-auto into wall in an eye blink can improve your aim and tracking?

You may have some luck and "benefits" while killing static silvers but anyone who can strafe and use covers just going to wait till you magdump without hitting single bullet and finish you off. I've seen it a lot of times and it's always a good chuckle.
Just now, Clandestine said:

While we are at it make it so typing /who automatically reports everyone on the list. Just to save time.

Just ban all golds, because all golds are cheaters.

5 hours ago, The Suspect said:

Just curious, explain me how exactly certain weapons "benefit" from macro/scrollwheel? You think emptying full mag of semi-auto into wall in an eye blink can improve your aim and tracking?

You may have some luck and "benefits" while killing static silvers but anyone who can strafe and use covers just going to wait till you magdump without hitting single bullet and finish you off. I've seen it a lot of times and it's always a good chuckle. Just ban all golds, because all golds are cheaters.

Tap fire weapons like the joker carbine. Scroll wheel that and u can fire it like an atac. If the carbine was meant to fire like that it would be an automatic like the ntec not a single fire weapon.

3 minutes ago, Darkzero3802 said:
5 hours ago, The Suspect said:

You may have some luck and "benefits" while killing static silvers but anyone who can strafe and use covers just going to wait till you magdump without hitting single bullet and finish you off. I've seen it a lot of times and it's always a good chuckle. Just ban all golds, because all golds are cheaters.

Tap fire weapons like the joker carbine. Scroll wheel that and u can fire it like an atac. If the carbine was meant to fire like that it would be an automatic like the ntec not a single fire weapon.
Scroll wheeling/macro makes it fire no faster than if you have the rhythm down anyway.

41 minutes ago, Darkzero3802 said:
scroll wheeling does not make the gun fire faster than it’s programmed rof, which is what the gun is balanced around in the first place

Report function was being abused by scrubs/garbage players, which is 90% of the player base. Which meant 103920358349636 reports coming in were false to begin with. There is a support button. You have to put in more effort if you want to report. Record a video and try to catch the snapping or whatever you are trying to get. If the dude has wall hacks go to a random place away from objective, pretend to afk and see if the hacker comes at you. There are other ways to determine different things. After you take the video, reduce it down to the good parts. Remember, support isnt gonna watch your 15 min video or you going 0-28. Send that video to support with a well written description. This way support has an easy time working on the case.

So yea, dont keep the /report ingame. 

On 7/29/2018 at 12:44 AM, Fortune Runner said:
How can anyone truly remember who they reported and whom they didn't though?
Just saying....that's all
by putting them on your friends list. When they were banned you got a notification something like  "player" does not exist. 
Also note I said the good old RTW days. there a report was handled withing a few days, how do I know.. because they no longer existed after a few days of being reported.

GF restored the /report system and examined and banned  for 1 day, before removing the GMs working the /report because the GMS handling it stated that  the cheating was happening by 70-80% of the pop.  It was going to hit them in the pocket books  immediately, so they decided to die slowly from the cheater cancer. 

That didn't work when I tried it before. And I know for a fact the person I did that to was banned for using a obvious hack back then. *shrugs*
No idea if something was changed to where that could work other times or not but it didn't work when I did.

You still can type in chat /report.... btw i think LO should NOT restore it. Cuz 90% of all ingame reports are made by mad kids who thinks that all who killed them are cheaters.
Ohh and APB is veterans game so its very hard to say who is cheating or not 😕 better leave this job to B.E. ( im not talking about those cheats who doesnt try to hide it).

I mean, Matt did come out and say that /report was "useless".
That's pretty much all you need to know, no?

25 minutes ago, CookiePuss said:

I mean, Matt did come out and say that /report was "useless".
That's pretty much all you need to know, no?

Matt didn't lie tho.
But didn't they want to have a more improved /report ?

Yep reported function was abused by cryng peoples that reports everyone that kills them.

On ‎7‎/‎29‎/‎2018 at 1:56 PM, Lato said:

99% of the golds are cheating, proven stat.

Oh so i must be that 1% 😮

1 hour ago, Keshi said:
Matt didn't lie tho.
But didn't they want to have a more improved /report ?
Yeah, they did.
I just wonder though, if the big issue was players abusing the system to the point that it became useless... how do you fix that?
We are still the same players, and I still see hackusations in /d every time I play.
Seems like any new system would be equally abused.

1 minute ago, CookiePuss said:
Yeah, they did.
I just wonder though, if the big issue was players abusing the system to the point that it became useless... how do you fix that?
We are still the same players, and I still see hackusations in /d every time I play.
Seems like any new system would be equally abused.
maybe do it similar to PUBG or something, get a mini UI on reporting players and can choose max 2 reasons. And can report 1 per 24hours per player 🤔
There a report can fall undert certain categories and LO can decide which ones would need more attention or not Edited by Keshi

On 7/29/2018 at 7:46 AM, UpholdThePeace said:

I'm all for a revamped /report

Looking forward to being able to report people for specific things ie;
- offensive symbols
- offensive themes
- actual cheating
- griefing

I think it's great that they are adding more functionality and detail rather than just a standardised /report.

/report cheats
/report theme

that would make anything easier

There was a time you reported symbols with /report and it was just useless. Same with griefers.
Maybe it would be possible to automatically send the theme to a support member if someone does /report XY Theme

Anyways. Even now there are some people who can only manage to type:
GGEZ
and
all do /report XY he hacks

dont want to mention names. *cough* Go Financial Bronze district and watch them max ranks *cough*
  Edited by GermanTobi
i am stupid and pressed enter

On 7/28/2018 at 10:08 PM, Aeronaut said:

how effective do you FEEL the /report function was?

as effective as it was to spam "team watch ____   plsss /report"

Who is "the"?  
The amount of cheaters has gone down tenfold since the BE update.
They're still developing the game.  Have patience....