Margravine

Cheaters - More than Anticipated

I get the feeling there is a higher percentage of cheaters in APB than LO expected when they took over APB. Everyone knows APB has earned a horrible reputation due to the lack of effort G1 put into not only development but combating cheating. I suspect the majority of legit players have up and quit by this point, the rest of us have just become accustomed to the abuse and have accepted it as part of the APB experience. Everyone else can freely enjoy the game with their cheats because they're for the most part, playing other cheaters and are on a 'fair' playing field in that case. 

We all "know". We currently have community GM's who have experience playing the game and they "know", but as far as those of us still around can see, nothing is being done. That was the purpose of the FairFight announcements, that is what FFBANS gave to those who've continue to play legit, hope and a little satisfaction that the system, though broken - kinda works. I was hoping LO would be putting their foot down but I see the same max ranks God-Toggling when they get pinched. Too many matches being decided by who has the lowest TTK combinations. The weird "Locked" encounters. 

Same old, same old.

• Like 8
  • Thanks 3

Could you quantify the percentage you are talking about?
1, 5, 10, 25, 50, 90?

• Like 2

i like playing cheaters because it's like playing on extreme mode.

also, there's nothing that me and my blowtorch with hunting sight 3 and quickfix 3 can't handle.

edit: for clarification, talking about the ones that have played before and actually have common sense. not the ones that stand in the middle of the open and lock on.

...oops, I accidentally helped these casual cheaters to get 85% better.

Edited by Aeronaut
  • Like 1

I don't see any value in guessing at percentages. What I can tell you without a doubt you can go into any silver 40/40 district, play 5 games and end up matched against someone suspicious. 

2 minutes ago, Aeronaut said:

i like playing cheaters because it's like playing on extreme mode.

also, there's nothing that me and my blowtorch with hunting sight 3 and quickfix 3 can't handle.

not all of us have your freaky god hands
  • Like 2

Someone suspicious, I ended up giving the benefit of the doubt by default. I really don't want to feed the "oh hes just cheating thats why he won" mentality, and therefore I don't accept these thoughts. I have ran into blatant speedhackers twice by now though, so surely theres still cheaters, no educated guess can be based on that though.

• Like 1

yeah i don’t see it tbh

• Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, Margravine said:

I don't see any value in guessing at percentages. What I can tell you without a doubt you can go into any silver 40/40 district, play 5 games and end up matched against someone suspicious. 

5 games vs teams of 4 means 20 playes - of which 1 is suspicious. That means 5% of players play suspiciously, so the percentage of certain cheaters (not just suspicious players) is significantly lower than that. Edited by AsgerLund
  • Thanks 2

6 minutes ago, Margravine said:

not all of us have your freaky god hands
what the hell.

im super conscious about my hands

they're small and don't help me in basketball 😞

Just now, AsgerLund said:
5 minutes ago, Margravine said:

5 games vs teams of 4 means 20 playes - of which 1 is suspicious. That means you 5% of players play suspiciously, so the percentage of certain cheaters (not just suspicious) is significantly lower than that.
ugh. No. Just. No.

1 minute ago, Margravine said:

ugh. No. Just. No.

yeah fuck ur logic and math asger, this is a thread about feelings
  • Like 1

Daily 'I am Silver and got destroyed so everyone must be cheating' thread.

Add it to the pile.

• Like 5

2 minutes ago, Margravine said:

suspicious. 

Suspicious doesn't mean they cheat..?
Personal opinion doesn't make it right.. You know
  • Like 3

I'd like to know if the community GM's have the power and allowance to ban at their own discretion? I asked a GM in game and he refused to answer. I also asked if they review submitted evidence and didn't get an answer, only to submit it to support (and they don't deal with support tickets) so what is their purpose? 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, NotZombieBiscuit said:

Add it to the pile.

we’re back in business

Just now, BXNNXD said:
2 minutes ago, NotZombieBiscuit said:

Add it to the pile.

we’re back in business
This is like the fifth one. You're kinda slow my dood.

Just now, Margravine said:

I'd like to know if the community GM's have the power and allowance to ban at their own discretion? I asked a GM in game and he refused to answer. I also asked if they review submitted evidence and didn't get an answer, only to submit it to support (and they don't deal with support tickets) so what is their purpose? 

no, it’s been mentioned several dozen times that GMs won’t be able to instaban, the most they can do is report up the chain 

Just now, NotZombieBiscuit said:

This is like the fifth one. You're kinda slow my dood.

story of my life

On 7/28/2018 at 10:22 PM, Margravine said:

They do not.. Read through Lixil's posts and you can see that she mentioned that they do NOT have the power to ban.
Only admins/devs can. Edited by Ritual
Inapropriate reference

2 minutes ago, BXNNXD said:
yeah fuck ur logic and math asger, this is a thread about feelings
Going into guesses of percentages does not add value to this thread, just serve to derail. The point is we all KNOW there are togglers we see it so it is not my opinion and it is not 'feelings' this is an objective fact we are all witnesses to. If you really want to go down that rabbit hole, how about you consider all the variables we would have to take into consideration to get a good guess at a percentage. Let's not herp n derp on your math skills.

Just now, Margravine said:

there are togglers we see it

I have yet to see anyone super obvious since the release of BE.. So I am not sure that we see the same.
  • Like 1

Its okay man. Someone beat you. Happens to all of us. Doesn't mean they were cheating though.

• Like 2

So they've replaced the /report function with a 'complain to a GM if/when they are active and pray they take you seriously enough to report up the chain' ? Excellent.

1 minute ago, Margravine said:
Going into guesses of percentages does not add value to this thread, just serve to derail. The point is we all KNOW there are togglers we see it so it is not my opinion and it is not 'feelings' this is an objective fact we are all witnesses to. If you really want to go down that rabbit hole, how about you consider all the variables we would have to take into consideration to get a good guess at a percentage. Let's not herp n derp on your math skills.
who exactly is this “we”, so far i just see “you”

please do not attempt to represent me 

On 7/28/2018 at 10:27 PM, BXNNXD said:
who exactly is this “we”, so far i just see “you”

please do not attempt to represent me 
As a lawyer, can I represent you? Edited by Ritual
Inappropriate reference

1 minute ago, Tobii said:
As a lawyer, can I represent you?
how about you represent yourself leaving me alone