BlackJana

I really hope LO will balance weapons than the already listed ones

Some of you might disagree saying that those are already in a good spot or strong but after playing with all the different kinds of weapons for so long now, I´m quite sure that we need more than those...7(?) guns to be changed.
The ACES for example CAN be quite strong but you need too much work and reloading to get out of a teamfight. You got 35 bullets and quite a nice rate of fire but even if you (only) need 15 bullets to kill, you will usually need at least one mag to kill one enemy because there are either too many stray bullets magically passing the target or you die first because you fire in bursts to actually hit every bullet while your friendly neighbourhood OCA just sprays you down on 30m.
Another example would actually be the normal NFAS. While the normal can be annoying sometimes, it is definitely not strong enough to compete with the other shotguns and way too weak to go against SMGs. It´s spread is so wide that most of it seems to go around the target and that also reduces its range to something about 3m or so.
I know this can sound like whining or trash talk but please be nice. 🙂

i’d rather they not touch the aces

nfas seems perfectly serviceable to me

I kind of know how you feel but I feel like it needs at least a gentle touch so it can compete with OCA and PMG

ACES rifle or smg?
Im gonna assume smg.
I wouldnt be against a little less bloom on it, but thats about it.
As for the NFAS, it has the same spread as the JG while having a faster ttk than either the jg or csg. So Im not sure a buff is needed. 

Yes, I mean the smg and yes, that's mostly what I had in mind too. 
True Ogre might be faster if you get past the fuse but the normal NFAS mostly doesn't deal enough damage to have a faster ttk. It should need only 3stk but its damage is so inconsistent, that you often need about 5 to 7. 
Might be more consistent after shotgun change though, let's see. 

how about a blowtorch with hunting sight 3 and quick fix 3 on it

All I know is that the Yukon bug fix/nerf isn't listed and it's not ok.

• Like 4

Yeah, Yukon needs some changes for sure

29 minutes ago, swft said:

might not be listed because it's a fix to the mod, but LO should really put it on the list so we know that it's being taken care of.. well, if it's even being taken care of... some clarification would be nice @MattScott

53 minutes ago, BlackJana said:

Yes, I mean the smg and yes, that's mostly what I had in mind too. 
True Ogre might be faster if you get past the fuse but the normal NFAS mostly doesn't deal enough damage to have a faster ttk. It should need only 3stk but its damage is so inconsistent, that you often need about 5 to 7. 
Might be more consistent after shotgun change though, let's see. 

Normal NFAS is .58 ttk, OCA is .64 ttk, JG and CSG are .68 ttk, PMG is .70 ttk, True Ogre is .99 ttk

as far as consistency, the upcoming buff should help that... however there is no buff for bad aim
46 minutes ago, swft said:

27 minutes ago, Xaix said:

Yeah, Yukon needs some changes for sure

12 minutes ago, Snubnose said:
might not be listed because it's a fix to the mod, but LO should really put it on the list so we know that it's being taken care of.. well, if it's even being taken care of... some clarification would be nice @MattScott
Yukon is a terrible weapon, so I personally dont care what they do with it.
But it functions as the database says it should and it is a legendary. Ive never understood the assumption that the hipfire rof has to be different than the mm rof.  Edited by CookiePuss

8 minutes ago, CookiePuss said:
But it functions as the database says it should and it is a legendary. Ive never understood the assumption that the hipfire rof has to be different than the mm rof. 
It's not an assumption. The devs confirmed it publicly as a bug, but just never fixed it because it makes them too much money on JMB sales.

Just now, Hexerin said:
9 minutes ago, CookiePuss said:
But it functions as the database says it should and it is a legendary. Ive never understood the assumption that the hipfire rof has to be different than the mm rof. 
It's not an assumption. The devs confirmed it publicly as a bug, but just never fixed it because it makes them too much money on JMB sales.
Interesting... link?

I still say I dont care what they do with the weapon. Leave it, nerf / fix it, wont effect my apb experience at all except some players might start using a better secondary. 

I'd say both the aces smg and rifle could use tweaks but only minor ones cause right now the risk involved in using them just isn't worth it despite them not being bad weapons, 3 years ago? they were amazing but with the changes to the Atac, Oca, and new guns like the manic it's like why bother with them?

Two kills per mag but most of the time even if your aim is perfect you're likely gonna waste bullets after you've killed someone simply due to the fire rate which means most likely you're gonna have to swap to a secondary in a 1v2 where time is crucial. Meanwhile you have the brain dead easy atac or oca having enough for 3 kills and almost a fourth on top of also killing faster even if not by much atac (0.70 or lower with cj vs the 0.72? with a red preset mod of the aces rifle blocking cj) and most people running the oca are gonna be using cj2/3 so you lose that .01.. ttk advantage on the aces smg which can't run cj due to just like the rifle, red preset mod.

Atac and the oca both also have that 'ease of use' thing going for them but your aim and tracking has to be 100% with the aces smg/rifle cause between the fire rate, high shots to kill, and mag size you'll be screwed otherwise. There's a bunch of small things that the atac and oca does better compared to the aces rifle or smg, like being able to actually prefire or handling line of sight breaks better by being able to actually hold lmb for more than what? 2 seconds? and much more. Basically all that the aces rilfe/smg versions have going for them is initial accuracy (god tier hip fire for an AR or the good ads and hipfire on the smg).

As to what I think could be changed? I use both guns quite often despite my complaints and one thing comes to mind, increasing the shots that they both take to reach max bloom rather than lowering the actual max bloom. So you have more time with your crosshair being tight allowing for slightly longer bursts and sustained accuracy as well kinda.

Edited by XYXYXYXYX

2 hours ago, CookiePuss said:
Interesting... link?

I still say I dont care what they do with the weapon. Leave it, nerf / fix it, wont effect my apb experience at all except some players might start using a better secondary. 
One of the counterpart weapons of the Yukon (the 'Nunavut') shoots at about half the speed in hip fire. The mod for the Yukon is described as a select fire mod, nothing about ROF. This is some Blues Clues level shit and you're still scratching your head. I'd throw a beach party if you ever admitted a fault, though.
  • Like 1

47 minutes ago, Crusade said:
One of the counterpart weapons of the Yukon (the 'Nunavut') shoots at about half the speed in hip fire. The mod for the Yukon is described as a select fire mod, nothing about ROF. This is some Blues Clues level shit and you're still scratching your head. I'd throw a beach party if you ever admitted a fault, though.
Cant they make a gun do whatever they want?
The True Ogre has a mod that doubles ammo capacity according to the description, yet it also has an increased fire rate when compare to the normal NFAS, is that gun broken as well?
  Edited by CookiePuss

1 hour ago, CookiePuss said:
Yeah. They could definitely make the HVR do 10,000 soft and hard damage, 1000 mag cap, 0.01sec reload speed, and 0.01sec refire rate.
The True Ogre has a mod that doubles ammo capacity according to the description, yet it also has an increased fire rate when compare to the normal NFAS, is that gun broken as well?
Yeah. The bug with the Yukon is that they forgot to add the wind-up timer.

Just now, Crusade said:
The bug with the Yukon is that they forgot to add the wind-up timer.
Honestly, thats not a bad idea for a fix.

2 minutes ago, CookiePuss said:
Honestly, thats not a bad idea for a fix.
I think we'd solve more problems if you had your posting rights revoked.

pretty sure the issue is that the mod requires 2 separate fire rates for it to work "properly", and thats probably not possible on this engine
Just now, Crusade said:
he outranks you thats no way to talk to your reputation seniors

10 minutes ago, Crusade said:
ZKy3KeQ.gif

21 minutes ago, BXNNXD said:
he outranks you thats no way to talk to your reputation seniors
You're right. I'm just not hip enough.

10 minutes ago, CookiePuss said:
*gif*
Oh boy. He hit me with the gif-only response.  Edited by Crusade