FESM (Fallen Earth Sound Mod)

Posted (edited)

PLEASE DELETE 

Edited by Crow Bennett
Update
  • Thanks 1

Posted (edited)

NOTE:
The mod will uninstall itself after any some server restarts, and maintenance.  Repeat Steps to re-install. 

I figured out if you don't restart your PC and run the game it doesn't replaced the files but after you restart your PC and run the game it will Replace all the Audio Files, so after a PC Restart you'll have to be ready to Re-Install the sound mod. (Or as he said after server Maintenance every Wednesday you'll have to Re-Install)  

Also great mod btw, I wish the vehicle sounds were re-done they sound like complete preposterous, Interceptor's and Fastback's should have a strong V8 Sound do them not a 6 Cylinder that doesn't even sound like a 6 cylinder, great work 🙂

Edited by Vanir Star

Would be nice if in the future they allow this under settings kinda like UI's

• Thanks 1

Problem seems to be that after maintenence the server does a checksum and replaces all files thinking they are corrupted.  it would have to allow an exception, which i'm not ready to commit yet, the attribution is fine for testing and the new beta sound mod i'm releasing today.   But not good enough yet to commit a line of code to allow it after maintenence.  Good News is, i have an entire studio to attempt a re-done dialog for all factions.  

still, the naming conventions and some of the patches have changed how specific sounds are called from client to play from the server.  So some sounds are actually being re-routed.  For instance the suppression EFFECT is directly tied to the suppression line.  When Endless Reserves was introduced, it calls a suppression sound.   There are likely many more instances of this type of I/O stuff happening. 

But.  I will request that this be moved to the UI mods section, and maybe title the section Mods?  or whatever leave it here, it's just harder to find for ppl that don't regularly use the forums. 

On 6/12/2018 at 8:48 PM, Vanir Star said:

I figured out if you don't restart your PC and run the game it doesn't replaced the files but after you restart your PC and run the game it will Replace all the Audio Files, so after a PC Restart you'll have to be ready to Re-Install the sound mod. (Or as he said after server Maintenance every Wednesday you'll have to Re-Install)  

Also great mod btw, I wish the vehicle sounds were re-done they sound like complete preposterous, Interceptor's and Fastback's should have a strong V8 Sound do them not a 6 Cylinder that doesn't even sound like a 6 cylinder, great work 🙂

the Beta 1.5 FESM has all the vehicle sounds I've added for motorcycles and ATV's, as well as guns. the changelog is long, as this is quite a jump from 1.1 to 1.5.   NOTE: DO NOT USE INTERCEPTOR SECURITY MODEL GUNS AT ALL!!!!!!! SERIOUSLY, DO NOT. 

I'm open to suggestions from the community.  ADR recording will begin in July.  We are recording all factions, NPC's, Merchants, New Combat Sounds, New Player Death sounds and aggro sounds for all Humanoid Mobs.  

So by all means send in your Dialog Lines and We'll record them, with actual voice actors from Louisiana. 

Please Note: the Beta Releases are not the final release, per attribution 3.0 guidelines, This is not a complete project until the above is completed, and a majority of the sound replacement will be original with minimal attribution necessary.  

Please send any Ideas for Faction Dialog, Merchant Dialog, Etc.  to:  contact.twistedoakstudio@gmail.com

or any other Ideas you might have that are sound related.  The way I see it, this is the communities chance to remake fallen earth in a special way because Little Orbit may not have the time or resources to do something like this for the community.  

Twisted Oak is a Professional Recording Studio in Southwest Louisiana, and are also recording ADR for a british Based MMO coming up for alpha around October 2019.  We record albums and podcasts there, and floating booths, the works.  So it would be silly not to participate in making the sound and feel of fallen earth, a little more upgraded.  

Send Constructive Criticism to: Crowbennett08@gmail.com - I don't check that one much. 🏳️‍🌈

ANY INPUT IS BETTER THAN NO INPUT