• Please log in to reply
24 replies to this topic

Roofis

Roofis

Novice

• Members
  • 25 posts
  • Joined 21-May 12
Come on guys, make a pvp server. Having to go to a certain area where you can kill people is cool and all for the people such as myself who do not pvp often. We can enjoy the game without worrying about someone kickin our patootie and taking our gear every 5 minutes.

why not make an extreme difficulty server?

A place where hardened pvp veterans can go to tes their mettle. Here are some ideas.

1.) You must have a character level 55 in the regular server to create a new character in the pvp server. This would weed ot the would be cry-babies who would complain about getting killed when they pop out of the vault.

2.)Players have pvp immunity for 3 minutes after respawning or entering the game.

3.)Players lose a random piece of gear when killed by a mob.

4.)Players can loot a random piece of equipment or item from a player they kill.

5.) Of course, the entire map is pvp, no set zones.

6.)Deathtoll items ar more expensive.

7.)No player auction. Players must craft their own equipment.

If anybody else has any ideas they'd like to add, or if ou think my idas are crap, make your voice heard!!!
For the one you seek cannot be found. One exists inside. One exists all around.

Calais

Calais

Elite

• Members
  • 1677 posts
  • Joined 12-July 12
That would just become a zergfest.

oum60z.png

Love me or hate me. I am flattered to make the minds of so many.

Roofis

Roofis

Novice

• Members
  • 25 posts
  • Joined 21-May 12
I disagree. Only granting access to pro players would give a pvp server a bit of structure. Hell, most of them would probably leave people alone until they had something worth taking, giving most the oppurtunity to gain some strength before getting repeatedly slaughtered.
For the one you seek cannot be found. One exists inside. One exists all around.

Melinda Verinian

Melinda Verinian

Conscript

• Members
  • 294 posts
  • Joined 30-September 11
Not a good idea IMHO. Here is why:

The development resources and extra hardware. The extra cost would have
to be absorbed by regular paying customers.

The player base which would subscribe to such a server model would be very
limited. Back to point #1.

There is already a server with bugs that need fixing.

tarangatwo

tarangatwo

Conscript

• Members
  • 207 posts
  • Joined 12-November 11

most of them would probably leave people alone until they had something worth taking, giving most the oppurtunity to gain some strength

Yeah... that won't happen. There will always be people who love griefing and ganking because it's sooo funny slaughtering weaker players.

You want full world pvp? Just flag up and watch what happens.

Calais

Calais

Elite

• Members
  • 1677 posts
  • Joined 12-July 12

Why hello there game of clonercamping!

oum60z.png

Love me or hate me. I am flattered to make the minds of so many.

Vincent Cross

Vincent Cross

Grunt

• Banned
  • 70 posts
  • Joined 26-April 12

1.) You must have a character level 55 in the regular server to create a new character in the pvp server. This would weed ot the would be cry-babies who would complain about getting killed when they pop out of the vault.

I see no reason why they should allow only level 55's in the PVP server? I've seen some level 30's take out level 55's in a non-debuffed fight.

2.)Players have pvp immunity for 3 minutes after respawning or entering the game.

Why not just keep the cloner PVP immunity?

3.)Players lose a random piece of gear when killed by a mob.

This will discourage many people from playing on this server as they don't want to lose any of their gear, especially if it's DT gear. I, personally, disagree with this as some of the mods in the game will chew your @$$ apart if you're not paying attention to where you're going.

4.)Players can loot a random piece of equipment or item from a player they kill.

Again, this will discourage many players from playing as they don't want to have something that they worked pretty hard for taken from them (i.e. GORE weapons). I kind of agree with this idea, honestly. I'd like to see a full loot PVP system in FE but I know there are people who are better than me in PVP and if I get killed and someone takes my Neverenders I'm going to be very unhappy. Especially, if I got killed because 4-5 people decided to group on me.

5.) Of course, the entire map is pvp, no set zones.

You can kinda do that now on the Live server by just /pvp flagging.

6.)Deathtoll items ar more expensive.

No. Just no. They already cost 500k DT (That's half a million DeathToll) for either the armor, the 2 hand weapons (Breaker and Rifle) or 1 set of on handed weapons (AFFA blades, Neverenders, Steamshadows). If anything, the prices should be nerfed given that the DT weapons aren't significantly better than the crafted ones and the only way to get enough DT to craft them is to do BloodSports for almost a month because open world PVP doesn't give you anywhere near as much DT.

7.)No player auction. Players must craft their own equipment.

Again, no. That means every character would have to be a 196 crafter. 1) That's a huge AP dump for a PVP toon. 2) Not everyone has the patience or knowledge to gather all the mats, to craft the items, to craft the books, to craft more items, to craft more books just so that they can stay self-supportive in PVP. I know of a couple of PVPers who don't even know what Averge Bio/Botanical Chems are or where to find them but I guarantee you they use consumables that require those items to be crafted.
Vincent Cross, Icarus Cross, Alexi Knives

Kill a GORE scrub with Fuzzies. Fired 37 times. 24 hits, 13 misses. I must be aimbotting. Trav logic.

Zorvan

Zorvan

Novice

• Members
  • 29 posts
  • Joined 17-November 12
"Pro gamers".

I stopped reading anything else after that, I was just laughing too damn hard.

Ardenn

Ardenn

Respected

• Members
  • 771 posts
  • Joined 05-October 11
It would work in theory if some specific things were changed. Namely, gear and equipment being EASIER to get, not harder. If you want to encourage people to PVP, yes loot drops work, but what works even better is giving them things they cant get until they kill another player. Thusly;

1) PvE gear should be easier to make because if your going to make people lootable, they need to be able to replace stolen mommy quickly to be able to get back into the game and try to get their stuff back.

2) Make PVP gear easier to attain. Like previously posted, 500k DT is no laughing matter. If your F2P your getting less than 1k DT per kill and thats only if you kill a lvl 55 when your about 20 levels lower. The lower a players level in relation to your own, the less DT you get. If Im going to have people keep stealing my Neverenders, I'm going to have to work my way back up again on a casual play level (Most casual can only play 2-4 hours a day, if at all, and casuals make up the majority of the people with paying subs), and MORE than 500k DT would basically make me ragequit, even as a non casual gamer.

Offset this in one of two ways; Lower DT cost to regain lost gear quickly, or allow my DT score to be a permanent score that unlocks tiers of gear as I get better and kill more players, giving the items a basic chip cost once I've unlocked them.

3) Make something only lootable from players that isnt directly gear. Call it a Badge, some kind of proof you killed a player, separate from Death Toll that gets you snazzy mommy. Every player likes to customize their looks and augment and min/max their stats. You give someone an eye or ear slot item that fits in with their helmet that costs badges instead of DT, and they will go out of their way to grind 200 players to add +3 precision for a Monocle or +10 HP regen for chewing a stick of gum on top of the food buffs and auras. Whatever. If its small but still gives a benefit that can be interchanged with something else if I change my build will attract any Min/Maxer.

4) PVP missions. We're seeing a severe lack of direction in LIVE right now. the only reason to have keeps is to harvest at them. Yes, the global buff is nice, but we have no Endgame goal other than 'fight fight fight', and there are people who are going to get pretty bored of that. Have a Weekly or Monthly status players can look up to see how their faction or clan is doing so the Top 10 charts mean something; At the end of the month give the top clans and the top factions something to brag with. Faction specific skins for vehicles and armor is one option. Specialty gun skins or even first access tot he next tier of weapon from the next expansion. The possibilities are wide, and I'm sure hardcore PVPers could come up with better objectives and rewards than I can.

Thats just my opinion though.
Posted Image

MICFILLER

MICFILLER

Rabble Rabble Rabble

• Banned
  • 1544 posts
  • Joined 12-August 11

Yeah... that won't happen. There will always be people who love griefing and ganking because it's sooo funny slaughtering weaker players.

I do...I /pvp and go afk in la and come back an hour later still alive typically. That or some scrub tries to kill me, gets sent to the cloner...tries to zerg me and I drive away.

@Arden

1. To be honest the best way would just to make all gear craftable and require a CRAFTER. This solves the issue of #2.

3. I'd say gear would be best tbh, gear badges and what not are neat but is hardly a penalty in pvp. Make it so no dt/special item but its a random item from their inventory/equipment...number of things dropped goes up every stack of cloner sickness and chance to drop equipped equipment goes up as well.

4. To be honest the best thing would be MEANINGFUL territory control. Either with resources from holding stuff(rare resources generated with harder to hold places) or some other perk or what not. And make it so its centered around clan warfare not faction. Or if one is to make it factional a revamp and an inclusion of clan to factions would be needed.

@Vincent

The 55 requirement is prob just an assumption they know how to play. To be honest the only requirement should be a sub.

I'd agree with cloner immunity but reduce the immunity duration by 3/4s or so.

Losing gear to mobs is sorta silly tbh, but could be useful in encouraging people to not to try to solo zerg everything(although this would mean they would have to be on top of exploiting and exploits...which i doubt they could be).

That's why everything should be PURELY crafting...because let's be honest a dt/badge system would NOT work in full pvp. Where as a pure crafting system would allow for pvp to happen a lot around good farm spots for common mats and reward scavengers/explorers.

Auction should for sure be allowed...or just player trading(so you have to go to someone to trade etc). Actually for consumes you would only need 180 which in this system is just a few more points of int...you could prob get by with 165 even(believe you would actually be able to craft everything cept a couple defensive consumes or newer food consumes). 195 would basically be needed for actual equipment/weapons.

Edited by MICFILLER, 26 November 2012 - 06:00 PM.

Tiggs mad.

Ardenn

Ardenn

Respected

• Members
  • 771 posts
  • Joined 05-October 11
Two thoughts I had this morning that I've seen other long lasting games do and would like to see some variation of again;

I saw it first in DCUO, then in Secret World and now that Im more aware of it, I realize a LOT of games have been doing it or are breeding into it; Server shards entirely dedicated to one side of the community or not. Same server, Same universe, Same community and player base, but an easy transition of just talking to an NPC or partying with another friend to jump between the PvE world and the PVP world. What surprised me about this occurrence the most is the PVP shards of the games I've seen this happening in, are MORE populated than the PvE servers. This surprised the hell out of me, Im used to heavily populated PvE games where PVP is the minority. As MMOs get older though, the elder gamers have seen it all int he AI department and need each other to provide the challenge, Im just surprised how many people are swarming into games for the PVP systems now.

My all time FAVORITE approach to PVP however, was one that merged the PvE universe in such a way that they needed each other; FFXI.

Their approach was that Zones and Outposts needed to be captured from the NPCs, then the different nations could fight for control of the vendors and goods that came out of the zone. Need Sarutabara Oranges for your superbuff food? Gather your buddies and fight off a PvE encounter for 20 minutes, claim the outpost and generate a new vendor for your nation, stealing it from the other nation. Now no one but your nation can get oranges until a PVP squad challenges the claim. Points were typically shuffled and Nation ownership changed about once a week to keep people from constantly endlessly warring nonstop over one vendor, but the battles for certain zones with mid to high level goods had some amazing fights going on for them every week as each nation tried to get more PVP kills and PvE outpost claims than the other nations.

The only reason Im not playing it now is FFXI has one of the highest subscription costs I have ever seen for an MMO and I flat out cant afford my $22 a month account any more. ( +$1 for every character past the first. I was an altaholic and played Tetramaster on the side XD)

I know Fallen Earth needs to be unique and not copy blatantly from other games so they don't get sued, but there is something valid about looking at games that have lasted more than 5 years and go "Why did this work?"
Posted Image

Zorvan

Zorvan

Novice

• Members
  • 29 posts
  • Joined 17-November 12
Yes, please.

I'd love a PvP only server.

So that I may enjoy the salty tears of the PvP'ers as they realize they really are the minority in the game after all.

MICFILLER

MICFILLER

Rabble Rabble Rabble

• Banned
  • 1544 posts
  • Joined 12-August 11

Yes, please.

I'd love a PvP only server.

So that I may enjoy the salty tears of the PvP'ers as they realize they really are the minority in the game after all.

At this point at cap level yes...not many stick around when they kick you in the ammunition over and over. Then again PvE in this game is boring as mommy so it's not like PvE has a big hold on people either. Winning the population race in fe atm is like getting a participation medal. Hell chances are the afk people in fe would have a bigger population than all the other types of people ingame at any given time.

@Ardenn

Most games copy systems to some extent from previous ones...it happens it'd prob only become an issue if someone copyrighted a specific system or they copy pasted another game over FE and tried to call it FE lol.
Tiggs mad.

Kosti

Kosti

Initiate

• Members
  • 10 posts
  • Joined 08-November 12
APB is pvp only server, dont let the door hit etc :P
In the forest with grenade-launchers...

Reaps989

Reaps989

Supreme

• Members
  • 7737 posts
  • Joined 18-May 12
Or they could make a new zone(s), strictly for PVP throughout the entire zone(s), and just make it have more resources then normal PVE areas. This would include all types of nodes and being able to harvest, obviously we could have contested Keeps as well. However, it needs to be treated like TC in terms of flipping : 1h immunity.

A server would be an investment G1 wouldn't want to get involved in, however a new zone to promote PVP along with better resources would mean more cash overall. While PVE'ers may hate that they would have to go into said zones for resources (Which they already do), it would work out for both playerbases.

A.) PVP outside of camping harvesters or taking 2-3 hours to flip the zone. While the long fights are fun, once it flips most groups give up.
B.) lvl 100 reinforced doors, do not allow it to be upgraded or allow bomb placement.
C.) Lifenets in this zone : Unbreakable, however you cannot upgrade them. To make up for this, make sure the travel time to get back into the fight is a bit longer. (Say like CTF's doors)
D.) With PVPers focusing on the new zone(s), it gives PVE toons a chance to go into zones they couldn't before.
E.) Discredit (or greatly nerf points attained towards GTC) all pre-45 zones from GTC, we don't need to be playing on S2 or lower end S3 zones. While they could still capture them for resources, they should
F.) This focuses PVP around 45+ zones (PC should be bumped to 50... thus 50+ zones)
G.) After following E, you can debuff anyone above said level cap to 0 weapon/crit/power/etc. Thus it's for that level only, lowbes can PVP freely wouldn't worrying about some nubcake who hit 55 1-2 shotting them because they have BE/PH.

There are alot more reasons for a zone or zones, but I still doubt it will happen.

As for gear dropping or crafted only gear, I'd be all for either.. however.

Dropping Equipment on Death : Extreme reduction on all resources and DT costs alike, while I "could" wear normal gear.. I busted out millions of DT for clanmates, if they're gonna lose it then I damn sure want to get my DT in 1/10th of the time if it's gone after 1 death. However, I still don't recommend it as Cloner Sickness is enough to stop a fight after level 2.. we don't need to lose our weapons/armor to make it even worse.
Crafted Gear Only : Allow DT to be tradeable until equiped, thus you require someone with 195 crafting to still make the best gear. However, obviously you still need to farm DT in the same manner. This option is better, as I could have geared out 10+ people rather then waiting for them to farm DT for their base armor.
Nysek - Mednaught : The only character in FE made of Gammina™

Walls are for horses, I build gosh darning castles of logic to protect us from your constant rain of derp.

Posted Image

Special thanks to Thrillchase for ze banner.

NipEild

NipEild

Raik Farran

• Wasteland Engineer - Decon
  • 582 posts
  • Joined 12-August 11
The last additional area added to FE was TC now called The District, which is a PvP area.
Die roller of Doom ™
Yes I know I don't post a lot compared to my verbosity ingame.

Reaps989

Reaps989

Supreme

• Members
  • 7737 posts
  • Joined 18-May 12

The last additional area added to FE was TC now called The District, which is a PvP area.

Not entirely, for many reasons.

A.) Until you reach the outskirts of the keeps, you are unable to be attacked. Thus, no prevention can be done until they step into that area. There are "PVP zones" but they only consist of the areas around the keep.
B.) Resources are a joke in that zone, outside of harvesting, and most play the alarmclock game because of how TC is managed. Not to mention the fact players have to leave that zone to handle high levels griefing lowbe zones.
C.) Attaining XP through PVP (Obviously should be based on DT gained by the kill, thus it falls off for zergs but killing a vet that can live will yield alot more on average.)

I believe he wants the experiance of PVP being on at all times in that zone

Walls are for horses, I build gosh darning castles of logic to protect us from your constant rain of derp.

Posted Image

AbdulFattah

AbdulFattah

Initiate

• Members
  • 1 posts
  • Joined 26-April 15

I'm in.

LilRedhare

LilRedhare

Elite

• Members
  • 2052 posts
  • Joined 02-December 13

TBH, I think that it's a bad idea. There currently is not enough of a PvP player base to make this work and no, I don't believe the creation of such a zone will bring back said player base. It wasn't the lack of a full-on PvP zone that drove that player base off in the first place and creating this server won't fix the problem. I agree with Clammy; it will become a zergfest, topped with toggle kiddie sprinkles. Gear drops? No...just...no. I work hard on my gear; I don't want to lose it to some toggle bunny griever who loves to win but fears a challenge. If "Pro PvP" level 55s want open world PvP, all they have to do is type "/pvp". They can fight anywhere they want, then. And if they want a gear drop so bad, simply put a little wager on the outcome of the fight. I do believe Inane made a nice 1y that way, not oh so long ago. Bottom line, I hate the idea of a PvP only FE server. I think it will be handled about the same as OP was.

However, I hear The Skies has a sweet set up, with a safe zone, but anything outside of that area is a PvP free-for-all. I have yet to try it, but hear good things.

Edited by LilRedhare, 01 June 2016 - 08:08 AM.

DLBanner1.jpg

Kit Southworth, Kitness Everdeen, Ophanim-Dying Light

AgentNoir

AgentNoir

Ascended

• Members
  • 3711 posts
  • Joined 23-January 13

TBH, I think that it's a bad idea. There currently is not enough of a PvP player base to make this work and no, I don't believe the creation of such a zone will bring back said player base. It wasn't the lack of a full-on PvP zone that drove that player base off in the first place and creating this server won't fix the problem. I agree with Clammy; it will become a zergfest, topped with toggle kiddie sprinkles. Gear drops? No...just...no. I work hard on my gear; I don't want to lose it to some toggle bunny griever who loves to win but fears a challenge. If "Pro PvP" level 55s want open world PvP, all they have to do is type "/pvp". They can fight anywhere they want, then. And if they want a gear drop so bad, simply put a little wager on the outcome of the fight. I do believe Inane made a nice 1y that way, not oh so long ago. Bottom line, I hate the idea of a PvP only FE server. I think it will be handled about the same as OP was.

However, I hear The Skies has a sweet set up, with a safe zone, but anything outside of that area is a PvP free-for-all. I have yet to try it, but hear good things.

This topic is 3 1/2 years old. Nothing to do with bringing pop back, all about a pver complaining they died in a pvp zone at population peak.

Toggling is still very rare. Paranoia is real.

Gear would require a system change and everything would have to be crafting as I stated earlier in this thread.

Next time check for necros. And meh skies version is nothing special when it comes to it, but when we tried it it was pretty buggy. Couldn't throw bricks and was instantly disappointed that was make or break for me.

Heretic
Nysak

Reaps989

Reaps989

Supreme

• Members
  • 7737 posts
  • Joined 18-May 12

Couldn't throw bricks and was instantly disappointed that was make or break for me.

This

#RIP

Posted Image

Agent Viscera

Agent Viscera

Novice

• Members
  • 33 posts
  • Joined 05-April 16

This

#RIP

This topic is 3 1/2 years old. Nothing to do with bringing pop back, all about a pver complaining they died in a pvp zone at population peak.

Toggling is still very rare. Paranoia is real.

Gear would require a system change and everything would have to be crafting as I stated earlier in this thread.

Next time check for necros. And meh skies version is nothing special when it comes to it, but when we tried it it was pretty buggy. Couldn't throw bricks and was instantly disappointed that was make or break for me.

it's still in alpha, and yes its very buggy , and if u are lucky people u can meet a lot of people who can fly, wall hack , aimbot and even invincible pvpers there, i was there 1 month ago with 6 guys from TNO, we were fully armed and armored against 1 guy who was naked with pistol , he killed 4 of us just by doing headshots lol and he died after 100+ hits.

I stopped the game for awhile played on US 2 server, its so much fun with friends, but the game needs a lot more improvements.

Edited by Agent PerfectPvPerInHisDreams, 01 June 2016 - 09:23 PM.

2c711cddfd4d1bd5a03c2044850985b0.png

Reaps989

Reaps989

Supreme

• Members
  • 7737 posts
  • Joined 18-May 12

it's still in alpha, and yes its very buggy , and if u are lucky people u can meet a lot of people who can fly, wall hack , aimbot and even invincible pvpers there, i was there 1 month ago with 6 guys from TNO, we were fully armed and armored against 1 guy who was naked with pistol , he killed 4 of us just by doing headshots lol and he died after 100+ hits.

I stopped the game for awhile played on US 2 server, its so much fun with friends, but the game needs a lot more improvements.

The thing is... nomatter what it cannot be compared to FE. Maybe Szone at best.

Posted Image

Mutarenebula

Mutarenebula

Conscript

• Wasteland Engineer - Hazmat
  • 368 posts
  • Joined 08-September 11

There is only one server. The old server from Icarus studios ran much better. The game needs to be closed and redeveloped.  Game had  great PVP and combat during the 1st year.  http://n4g.com/news/...ith-lee-hammock

The mechanics were changed in 2010 and they were better before.

Being responsible sometimes means pissing people off.

AgentNoir

AgentNoir

Ascended

• Members
  • 3711 posts
  • Joined 23-January 13

There is only one server. The old server from Icarus studios ran much better. The game needs to be closed and redeveloped.  Game had  great PVP and combat during the 1st year.  http://n4g.com/news/...ith-lee-hammock
The mechanics were changed in 2010 and they were better before.

It had good ideas in the first year or 2. No respecs and numerous bugs hurt them immensely(well and kneejerk nerfs but yeah). Well that and horrible design as well as poor information. From what I always heard people liked the game but it was the potential that kept people around not what was necessarily there.

Heretic
Nysak

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users