nimsosim

Novice

• Members
  • 35 posts
  • Joined 27-February 12
Download
Click at top file - download

Slate Dark Grey UI
Fixed gear window to align with new setup and added new icons to show trainers locations to minimap.

Posted Image

Edited by nimsosim, 08 December 2012 - 12:07 PM.

nimsosim

nimsosim

Novice

• Members
  • 35 posts
  • Joined 27-February 12
Click File - Download at the top of the page.

Download

Been wanting to add a crosshair to my UI so I did. Took the idea of the Red Dot post and added one in my UI.
This was a quick job. You can't click in the space between the vitals window and the dot.
I have a idea to add a dot without using the vitals window but it will require more work maybe next time.

Requires 1280 x 1024 resolution.
Resolutions lower than this will place the dot to far to the right.
Resolutions higher will require you to move the vitals further into the screen.
If you want a version for a different resolution I might decide to make one upon request.

Posted Image

Edited by nimsosim, 08 December 2012 - 12:07 PM.

Evangelique

Evangelique

Conscript

• Members
  • 370 posts
  • Joined 31-July 12
The design is great but what would finish it off would be to have the dot on top of the vitals bar. It would make it a good pvp UI and also. :) Dot should be a bit bigger hehe. Went nearly blind trying to find it :D but overall great work.

-Roger Lou-

Posted Image

nimsosim

nimsosim

Novice

• Members
  • 35 posts
  • Joined 27-February 12

The design is great but what would finish it off would be to have the dot on top of the vitals bar. It would make it a good pvp UI and also. :) Dot should be a bit bigger hehe. Went nearly blind trying to find it :D but overall great work.

-Roger Lou-

Thanks for the response.

You mean add the dot just above the vitals bar ? Or put it a distance above the vitals bar so you can have the vitals bar at the bottom of the screen ?

Personally I don't like having the vitals close to the crosshair they clutter it up.

I have a idea though to make a vitals bar that only uses numbers instead of bars to display health stamina and gamma. That way there wont be much clutter at all.

If you get the chance to reply I was wondering what resolution your running at ?
Since you said the dot was so small. It isn't that small for me when I run it in the game but the screenshot is hard to see it.

nimsosim

nimsosim

Novice

• Members
  • 35 posts
  • Joined 27-February 12
Minimal vitals bar using only numbers to display health stamina and gamma.
Experience ring removed.
Decreased vitals bar size to use minimal space.
To move vitals bar click and drag one of the colored blocks that represent health stamina and gamma.

Red Dot crosshair also doubles as received mail indicator. If it turns white that means you have mail.

Click File - Download at the top of the page. Download

Posted Image

Edited by nimsosim, 08 December 2012 - 12:08 PM.

Elektrey

Elektrey

Carbine Annihilator

• Members
  • 145 posts
  • Joined 04-May 12
I like it! no annoying colors, brilliant icons, simple crosshair that doesnt move when you click it. 10/10
Posted Image

nimsosim

nimsosim

Novice

• Members
  • 35 posts
  • Joined 27-February 12

I like it! no annoying colors, brilliant icons, simple crosshair that doesnt move when you click it. 10/10

Thanks, Any problems or bugs let me know I'll see if I can work them out.

Elektrey

Elektrey

Carbine Annihilator

• Members
  • 145 posts
  • Joined 04-May 12

Thanks, Any problems or bugs let me know I'll see if I can work them out.

Ah yes I have found one. Every person appears as a white arrow. Can you make it so that it is color coded by faction?
Posted Image

Evangelique

Evangelique

Conscript

• Members
  • 370 posts
  • Joined 31-July 12
Well I run it at different resolutions to be honest due to the fact that I use two pc's to play this game but I did mean to put it above the vitals bar. :)

Posted Image

Evangelique

Evangelique

Conscript

• Members
  • 370 posts
  • Joined 31-July 12
Ahh yes. A update....... Well like I have stated above. The UI is great. I love the icons and all but as stated above. If this UI is going to hit the spot with the pvpers and pvers alike, the faction arrow colors is a must. A bigger dot would be great since I run on smaller resolutions due to comms and all. :) It's great just the two things ive mentioned are really setting it back from what could be a very good UI skin to use.

Posted Image

nimsosim

nimsosim

Novice

• Members
  • 35 posts
  • Joined 27-February 12
Ok going to see if I can fix the faction colored arrows and make different sizes for crosshairs.

Evangelique

Evangelique

Conscript

• Members
  • 370 posts
  • Joined 31-July 12
That would really bring out the great potential this ui has. many new players and old alike look for non pvp detrimental uis.

Posted Image

Elektrey

Elektrey

Carbine Annihilator

• Members
  • 145 posts
  • Joined 04-May 12
also another thing I noticed is the faction wheel. the names are a bit unreadable and I think you should add the ticks on the non-colored part of the wheel. also enforcers should be brown and travs should be purple.
Posted Image

nimsosim

nimsosim

Novice

• Members
  • 35 posts
  • Joined 27-February 12

also another thing I noticed is the faction wheel. the names are a bit unreadable and I think you should add the ticks on the non-colored part of the wheel. also enforcers should be brown and travs should be purple.

Ok I have the faction colored player icons working and I added a version that uses bars instead of numbers for vitals. Also added a version that doubles the red dot size. Going to look into tweaking the faction wheel and I'll upload them probably tonight.

Edited by nimsosim, 19 November 2012 - 02:31 PM.

Elektrey

Elektrey

Carbine Annihilator

• Members
  • 145 posts
  • Joined 04-May 12

Ok I have the faction colored player icons working and I added a version that uses bars instead of numbers for vitals. Also added a version that doubles the red dot size. Going to look into tweaking the faction wheel and I'll upload them probably tonight.

Great! was going to suggest a version with a bar. gets hard to tell how low my health is sometimes.
Posted Image

nimsosim

nimsosim

Novice

• Members
  • 35 posts
  • Joined 27-February 12
Slate v5

Fixed minimap player icons to represent factions based on color.

Added the option to use colored bars instead of numbers for vitals.
However you need to use the numbers version to align the crosshair and then switch to the bars version because with the bars version it is nearly impossible to move the vitals window.

Added a x2 version that doubles the size of the crosshair dot. (not sure if its large enough for certain resolutions)

Tweaked faction window. I would like to sharpen up the faction window a bit the names look a little jagged. For now I changed the colors, increased the brightness, tweaked the alignment and added the tick lines in.

Included original slate with the faction colored player icons and faction window fixes.

If you have any problems or more suggestions don't hesitate to let me know it helps me to improve it.

Click file - download at the top of the page. Download

Posted Image

Edited by nimsosim, 08 December 2012 - 12:08 PM.

Elektrey

Elektrey

Carbine Annihilator

• Members
  • 145 posts
  • Joined 04-May 12
I like the bars, thank you for listening to the suggestions. Faction wheel looks better. Can't really give input on the 2x dot, I run 1920x1080 and use the regular one.

oh also there arent any bars for the vehicle status window.

Edited by Elektrey, 19 November 2012 - 08:29 PM.

Posted Image

Virpy

Virpy

Novice

• Members
  • 34 posts
  • Joined 29-October 11
Why dont you update your existing batzillion threads? Do you need the attention for opening new topics for every little version step?

nimsosim

nimsosim

Novice

• Members
  • 35 posts
  • Joined 27-February 12

Why dont you update your existing batzillion threads? Do you need the attention for opening new topics for every little version step?

It's easier for people to get the latest update if I post a new thread.

If not then they might get a older version instead.

Evangelique

Evangelique

Conscript

• Members
  • 370 posts
  • Joined 31-July 12
umm Virpy? who are you again? LOL

Posted Image

Zorvan

Zorvan

Novice

• Members
  • 29 posts
  • Joined 17-November 12

umm Virpy? who are you again? LOL

Can we apply that question to you as well?

Virpy has a valid point. It's a simple task to pick a thread and simply edit the first post each time an update is done to link the newest file.

Evangelique

Evangelique

Conscript

• Members
  • 370 posts
  • Joined 31-July 12
Well clearly you don't know so please shh and he CAN do that. One thing is you complaining about it. If you don't like it. Make your own UI and use it.

Posted Image

Zorvan

Zorvan

Novice

• Members
  • 29 posts
  • Joined 17-November 12

Well clearly you don't know so please shh and he CAN do that. One thing is you complaining about it. If you don't like it. Make your own UI and use it.

So in other words, you're noone? And I never said anything about his UI itself, I commented on the fact he's spamming the forums, which is usually frowned upon on every forum board in existence and is most likely a rule breaker here as well. So your "make your own UI" argument is not only a tired and cliche response used by those who have no real argument yet need to say something anyway, but it is also irrelevant to the topic.

Oh, and Happy Thanksgiving.

nimsosim

nimsosim

Novice

• Members
  • 35 posts
  • Joined 27-February 12

So in other words, you're noone? And I never said anything about his UI itself, I commented on the fact he's spamming the forums, which is usually frowned upon on every forum board in existence and is most likely a rule breaker here as well. So your "make your own UI" argument is not only a tired and cliche response used by those who have no real argument yet need to say something anyway, but it is also irrelevant to the topic.

I'm not spamming the forums.

In case you guys didn't notice this is the custom UI forum.

My posts contain different versions of my custom UI.

The argument is valid unless you have a UI or a idea for a UI then you shouldn't be here crying about someone who does.

The topic is about my UI and ideas for my UI. If you want to complain then find the cry baby forum and post there.

Evangelique

Evangelique

Conscript

• Members
  • 370 posts
  • Joined 31-July 12

LOL Let the QQ begin .

Posted Image

Gulaschkanone

Gulaschkanone

Grunt

• Members
  • 85 posts
  • Joined 30-July 12
thumbs up! really lookin good. i'll try it!

Gulaschkanone

Gulaschkanone

Grunt

• Members
  • 85 posts
  • Joined 30-July 12
it's awesome!i like it. but only one thing: is it possible to make the non clickable area, around the aim and bars, a little bit smaller? then it would be easyer to loot something....!?

nimsosim

nimsosim

Novice

• Members
  • 35 posts
  • Joined 27-February 12

it's awesome!i like it. but only one thing: is it possible to make the non clickable area, around the aim and bars, a little bit smaller? then it would be easyer to loot something....!?

Yes it is possible. I have been thinking about how to do it but still undecided on which way to go about it. If anyone has ideas for this please let me know.

One thing I can do is make the bars shorter and close up the space some.

I could tighten the area up and move the bars up closer to the crosshair but in my opinion that would put them to close to the crosshair and block the view for aiming.

Another way to do it is to put the bars above or to the left of the character. I prefer it on the right and below because it seams easiest to view them while aiming without changing focus. And it doesn't really obstruct the view much.

I think maybe putting the bars above the crosshairs might work. That way the entire space below the crosshairs would be clickable. And when you are in third person they would be floating right around the top of your head.

I will do some tests later and see how it works. Let me know if you have any preferences for it.

Joshie Poshie

Joshie Poshie

Initiate

• Members
  • 8 posts
  • Joined 11-November 12
I downloaded and used it. I like it, for the most part. But it just seems counter-productive. I had to change zoom keys to z and x, which isn't such a big deal. The main problem I encounter is accidentally moving it and the inability to click anything behind it, as well as the inability to see my exp. Currently there are no mods that work with the new maps for this.

Wouldn't it just be better if the devs allowed us to change the crosshair?

The actual, in game crosshair?

What's up with that?

It's a freaking crosshair...

nimsosim

nimsosim

Novice

• Members
  • 35 posts
  • Joined 27-February 12

Currently there are no mods that work with the new maps for this.

Thanks for the reply.

What do you mean by new maps for this ?

Joshie Poshie

Joshie Poshie

Initiate

• Members
  • 8 posts
  • Joined 11-November 12

Thanks for the reply.

What do you mean by new maps for this ?

I meant the map "updates" to icons etc. None of the other mods seem to work. All it shows are yellow "X's" for everything.

I actually went to your pure "Slate" mod for leveling (no red dot for me) so I could see my exp bar etc.

But there is one thing missing.

Quest tracking.

Is there any way you could implement that back into the quest journal?

When you have 20 quests it's kinda hard to see out of them which ones are tracked and which ones are not, besides literally right clicking every single quest and seeing if it say's "track" or "untrack". I'm not sure how many people would really care about that in other editions of the mod but for the pure "slate" mod that still shows exp, I'm sure people would want it.

Other than that, it works and looks nice.

Edited by Joshie Poshie, 26 November 2012 - 03:39 PM.

nimsosim

nimsosim

Novice

• Members
  • 35 posts
  • Joined 27-February 12

I meant the map "updates" to icons etc. None of the other mods seem to work. All it shows are yellow "X's" for everything.

I actually went to your pure "Slate" mod for leveling (no red dot for me) so I could see my exp bar etc.

But there is one thing missing.

Quest tracking.

Is there any way you could implement that back into the quest journal?

When you have 20 quests it's kinda hard to see out of them which ones are tracked and which ones are not, besides literally right clicking every single quest and seeing if it say's "track" or "untrack". I'm not sure how many people would really care about that in other editions of the mod but for the pure "slate" mod that still shows exp, I'm sure people would want it.

Other than that, it works and looks nice.

I didn't notice it was missing. I'll check it out and see if I can fix it. Thanks for the heads up.

nimsosim

nimsosim

Novice

• Members
  • 35 posts
  • Joined 27-February 12
Updated to v6. I was going to update the other post with the links but I can't change the topic title. After all the discussion I think it is better to just make a new thread with a new title. I know I have been posting alot but I am working out the kinks with the help of others, thanks for the help people. Also the old versions are still available this way.

This update includes...

Tweaked a few icons alignment and sharpness. Changed nature harvest minimap icon to a small plant.

Added in mission tracking icons to the mission journal.

Removed numbers versions of vitals bars. (still available in v5, not sure if anyone prefers the numbers over bars anyhow)

The crosshairs versions come in two types now. One is br or bottom right and the other is tl or top left (tl shown in pic below).

Use the br_p or tl_p version to align the crosshair and then switch to the regular version. Again any ideas, suggestions or problems let me know whats up.

Click File - Download at the top of the page. Download

Posted Image

Joshie Poshie

Joshie Poshie

Initiate

• Members
  • 8 posts
  • Joined 11-November 12
Awesome!!! You fixed mission tracking :D

Thank you sir!

nimsosim

nimsosim

Novice

• Members
  • 35 posts
  • Joined 27-February 12

Awesome!!! You fixed mission tracking :D

Thank you sir!

Yes thanks to you, glad you caught it. I didn't know it was missing, definitely a handy feature.

Sheroquee

Sheroquee

Initiate

• Members
  • 1 posts
  • Joined 19-December 12
very nice and thanks for ur work but ... I cant find the red dot now in the UI :/

Evangelique

Evangelique

Conscript

• Members
  • 370 posts
  • Joined 31-July 12

Still like it alot

Posted Image

ChinchillaDakilla

ChinchillaDakilla

Novice

• Members
  • 47 posts
  • Joined 22-March 11
I will download this and try it tonight.

JaxDye

JaxDye

Respected

• Members
  • 586 posts
  • Joined 12-August 11
Really enjoying the Slate6 UI, thanks.

Edited by JaxDye, 03 January 2013 - 04:57 PM.

Alvaro Early

Alvaro Early

Respected

• Members
  • 940 posts
  • Joined 21-December 12
It's good but have major issue - you can't click through it. Often mousewheel don't want to zoom when in combat mode. Unfortunately there's not much that we and author can do about that.

Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users