Pedroxin

community opinion

Let's see what the community thinks of the following concept:
Joker tickets, money and legendaries and quest nanos should be account-wide.
feel free to suggest other things! 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

That would be nice.

They should copy or at least do something similar to GTA Online's money system. Have a way to put what you want into your wallet (on a character) and have a bank account in order to have all those resources for all of your characters. They could put up a locker system, or a safe house, like buy your own property in San Paro, that would be cool.

• Like 1

Legendaries are Account wide u can send it as mail to ur other chars
If they would be Account wide like the armas guns it would be a pretty ez way to dublicate and sell  them

the nanos should be like the legendaries are now

money and jokertickets...im in 

But with the trade system u should be able to move ur money without taxes

Edited by SunnyMonroe

Lol no. Because that'd diminish the intrinsic value legendary guns have if they were more abundant. It'd destroy the legendary market because everyone would have them, giving some players barely anything to aim towards and spend their APB cash on. 

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Pedroxin said:

Let's see what the community thinks of the following concept:
Joker tickets, money and legendaries and quest nanos should be account-wide.
feel free to suggest other things! 

all of the above is available to all .

honestly..legendaries u can send them via mail to other characters
All tho i do love to have my money everywhere, i still feel its best to leave them per character

BUT JOKERTICKETS...aye i'm all in for that JT account-wide

Joker Tickets need to be fully reworked into a currency that can truly bridge the gap between pure F2P players and the in-game store. A currency that you earn, that can be used to provide near full access to ARMAS.

To do this effectively, it needs to be account-wide.

Therefore, make Joker Tickets account-wide.

1 minute ago, Nite said:

Joker Tickets need to be fully reworked into a currency that can truly bridge the gap between pure F2P players and the in-game store. A currency that you earn, that can be used to provide near full access to ARMAS.

How will LO pay the bills then?

Just now, CookiePuss said:
2 minutes ago, Nite said:

How will LO pay the bills then?
The same way MMORPG studios that do the same pay the bills - constrain the earnings rate of the "bridge currency" (APB already does this IMO) and reserve some of the content (subscription benefits) to be real cash only.

Quote broken again.
@Nite clever answers aside, if people dont need to spend money, why will they?

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, CookiePuss said:

@Nite clever answers aside, if people dont need to spend money, why will they?

The idea is to encourage the desire to spend money as much as possible without making the playerbase feel like it needs to.

I even have an example of how this could work for APB (should make a suggestion topic but ehh, do that later):

LO could broaden the use of Joker Tickets such that it allows access to ARMAS content, but limit the quantity you can earn per week. Then on top of this, they can double the weekly earnings rate for premium subscribers.

Now a player can do one of 2 things with their real cash:
  • Spend money to buy new ARMAS content directly, and maybe also buy premium for its other benefits (whatever those may be)
  • Spend money to maintain a premium subscription and use this to earn enough Joker Tickets (by playing the game) to buy some of the ARMAS content in a given period of time (something like say, one month of play for medium size clothing packs, three to four months of play for stuff like the Juggernaut/Revelations packs)
LO could even take it further and release new content as G1C purchases only for the first couple months of availability to encourage (without pressuring) G1C spending.

Wildstar had a system like this where Omnibits (the "bridge currency") was earned at a decent but kind of lackluster weekly rate for regular players, while Signature Subscribers ($10 a month) got triple the weekly rate. Nearly everyone who liked the game subscribed eventually.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Nite said:
The idea is to encourage the desire to spend money as much as possible without making the playerbase feel like it needs to.

I even have an example of how this could work for APB (should make a suggestion topic but ehh, do that later):

LO could broaden the use of Joker Tickets such that it allows access to ARMAS content, but limit the quantity you can earn per week. Then on top of this, they can double the weekly earnings rate for premium subscribers.

• Spend money to buy new ARMAS content directly, and maybe also buy premium for its other benefits (whatever those may be)
  • Spend money to maintain a premium subscription and use this to earn enough Joker Tickets (by playing the game) to buy some of the ARMAS content in a given period of time (something like say, one month of play for medium size clothing packs, three to four months of play for stuff like the Juggernaut/Revelations packs)
LO could even take it further and release new content as G1C purchases only for the first couple months of availability to encourage (without pressuring) G1C spending.

Wildstar had a system like this where Omnibits (the "bridge currency") was earned at a decent but kind of lackluster weekly rate for regular players, while Signature Subscribers ($10 a month) got triple the weekly rate. Nearly everyone who liked the game subscribed eventually.

Isnt Wildstar down to like 100 players? From a peak of like 6,000?

1 minute ago, CookiePuss said:
2 minutes ago, Nite said:

Isnt Wildstar down to like 100 players? From a peak of like 6,000?
I knew you'd point that out, and yeah the game itself is doomed. But its F2P model got a lot of (anecdotal) approval from those who experienced it. I'd dare say if not for that system the game would have been shut down by early/mid 2017.

Reeeeeee still cant quote.
@Nite I think your idea is very interesting.
If it will help save the game, I'd support it 100%.

1 minute ago, CookiePuss said:

Did you try, logging out and logging in again?

Maybe later today i'll formulate all this into a proper suggestion....

2 hours ago, CookiePuss said:

just do the highlight quote selection thing

2 hours ago, Nite said:
Did you try, logging out and logging in again?

Maybe later today i'll formulate all this into a proper suggestion....

i quite like this suggestion, altho tbh i’m down for anything that potentially makes JT actually useful for something besides unlocking demolitions early

3 hours ago, Nite said:

I knew you'd point that out, and yeah the game itself is doomed. But its F2P model got a lot of (anecdotal) approval from those who experienced it. I'd dare say if not for that system the game would have been shut down by early/mid 2017.

A better suggestion might have been League of legends or Warframe, both of which rely on inspiring a desire to purchase, instead of imposing a need for it, but are also both thriving and successful games.

Agree with you though. Good ideas.

@CookiePuss @BXNNXD @Fyre

14 minutes ago, Fyre said:

A better suggestion might have been League of legends or Warframe, both of which rely on inspiring a desire to purchase, instead of imposing a need for it, but are also both thriving and successful games.

Admittedly, I have yet to dive into Warframe personally, though I do keep a very loose eye on it from time to time. Maybe youtube can tell me how it does monetization...

Also, I've made it into a proper suggestion with one addition, so skim through it whenever

1 minute ago, Nite said:
@CookiePuss @BXNNXD @Fyre
  Admittedly, I have yet to dive into Warframe personally, though I do keep a very loose eye on it from time to time. Maybe youtube can tell me how it does monetization...

Also, I've made it into a proper suggestion with one addition, so skim through it whenever

As a big ol' warframe shill let me tell you it's a good game and that you should try it.

But as for its monetization model, it's a two-tier currency model with a cash-shop. The only things that are exclusive to the cash shop are cosmetic and the premium currency is tradeable. It's very possible to play the game 100% f2p and still get everything out of it. Of course, most people who enjoy the game still end up spending quite a bit of money on it.

The dev team being great at community interaction is also pretty handy.

I wonder how much $$$ would be made if they released exclusive ARMAS hairstyles?