Sign in to follow this  
Dasimoge

[Discuss] Remove or change the bounty system?

Bounty System  

68 members have voted

1. 1. Remove or..?

• Yes
    • No
    • Make P5 harder to reach
    • Rework the bounty system

Ayee o/!!
As you guys know, APB has the lovely great Bounty system.
Like the problem of it is, that it is annoying if own faction players hunt you everytime you get bounty. (Bounty-Sniping)
Though most of the players know, how trash it is to get bounty around 10 other players and your trying to defend the mission,
but you have no chance because everyone around tries to kill you.

Though my own opinion is, this bounty system never made sense.
It just can destroy a good streak/run or what ever and annoys players.
Of course it makes the gameplay harder, but it does still annoying if you reach P5 every mission around 2-4 times.
Obviously there are players who love to get bounty just to destroy other players missions.

Maybe just payoff?
Yea why not, but does it makes sense for good players which will reach P4 just within 1 min?
Though you just need to overdrive some pedestrians and you will reach P4 fast enough. (Criminal sided)

Comment ur opinion! 🙂

Edited by Lislya

If there was an option to rework the system, I would have voted for that

Current system is just a relic of a time when APB had more in depth open world aspirations, we need a version that works better within a team vs. team context

2 minutes ago, Nite said:

Current system is just a relic of a time when APB had more in depth open world aspirations, we need a version that works better within a team vs. team context

I have added "Rework the bounty system" to the poll! ;)

1 minute ago, Lislya said:
3 minutes ago, Nite said:

I have added "Rework the bounty system" to the poll! 😉
Curses, I already voted!

But yeah, rework it

I wouldn't mind the system if your P/N level reset after each mission. Additionally if you are bounty in a mission you shouldn't be able to be attacked by random players, and out of mission bounties shouldn't be able to attack you when you're in a mission.

I like it the way it is now.  If someone is doing too good in a mission and completely stomping the op, it sorta balances that person out a little by letting anyone in the district kill them.

Why do people suddenly want to make the game as bland as possible?

One dude wants the threat system removed, the other wants to remove bounties, that guy over there wants to remove collisions from players that aren't in your mission, some other dude wants them to be completely invisible...

If the game was competitive or had a mode for it, then yes, sure. But APB is far from being a competitive game.

Edited by GhosT
added 1 more sentence

Just now, GhosT said:

that guy over there wants to remove collisions from players that aren't in your mission

rumor is that terrible idea is actually happening

11 minutes ago, CookiePuss said:
rumor is that terrible idea is actually happening

The hell did I miss?

//Edit: Apparently some unconfirmed rumor. Hope this change doesn't actually go through. Edited by GhosT
edit

Bounty Level 5 isn't inherently a bad idea. However, in its current state, it is far from perfect. In my opinion, there is a number of ways it could be fixed.
The things stated below in bullet points are not a list, but a loose collection of ideas to mix and match together.

• Relegate the P5/N5 gameplay to a post-mission activity.
    As it stands, any player with Prestige 5 or Notoriety 5 can interfere - and be interfered with - when it comes to missions. It is entirely possible for an entire match's outcome to be decided by a Bounty 5 player deciding to open fire on someone trying to clutch the situation in their mission.
    Bounty 5 (which I'll call B5 from here on out) could be made to kick in only once the mission is over. This way, someone becoming an open target does not disrupt the mission's flow and they can still keep their attention on the task at hand without having to worry about stray gunfire.

• Relegate the P5/N5 gameplay to a post-mission activity BUT limit it to those who were in the mission.
    This point is largely the same as above, however in this instance, the B5 player could only shoot or be shot at by players who were in the same mission. Once a player drops dead in this post-game state or moves out of range (for example, 100 metres away), B5 is disabled and the players are back in the "Not Ready" state the game is in by default.

• Make "being in a mission" a player state in which one cannot interact with B5 players.
    The word "interact" here refers to dealing and taking damage.
    Simply put, this separates the missions from B5 gameplay in a way that completely disallows either side from interfering with the other's experience.

• Allow players to opt out of the bounty system altogether.
    Some players may be entirely opposed to the bounty system's existence - which is also fine. We all have our own opinions and that's fine (as long as the discussion about them is kept civilized). Every player could be given an option to disable the bounty part of the game. By doing that, all components of the bounty system would be disabled. A player who chooses to opt out will never reach Prestige 5 or Notoriety 5 as long as they leave that metaphorical box unchecked. Similarly, they will never be able to damage B5 players and never be able to be damaged by them too.
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 2

26 minutes ago, GhosT said:

The hell did I miss?

//Edit: Apparently some unconfirmed rumor. Hope this change doesn't actually go through.
wouldnt an unconfirmed rumor just be a rumor?

a confirmed runor would just be a fact?

A man with a beard allegedly told a little german boy it was coming. 

44 minutes ago, BrandonBranderson said:

I like it the way it is now.  If someone is doing too good in a mission and completely stomping the op, it sorta balances that person out a little by letting anyone in the district kill them.

the problem is it isnt based entirely on your current mission, especially if you're an enforcer and cant pay off your prestige   

id like it to be reworked, but in the meantime enforcers need to be able to pay off prestige

13 minutes ago, Aeronaut said:
wouldnt an unconfirmed rumor just be a rumor?

a confirmed runor would just be a fact?

Gimme a break, english isn't my main language.

It shouldn't be too hard, but keep in bounties but make the notoriety take effect AFTER the mission the player is in is over, not during.

17 hours ago, Cheeseburger! said:

I vote to not remove it. I enjoy bounty hunting in between missions.

Aiaiaaiai 🤦‍♂️

Sign in to follow this