vsb

totally not a duplicate thread

previous thread got nuked in record time so ill keep the images out this time

but support has seemingly confirmed that griefing (interfering with missions that you are not a part of) is a legitimate strategy thats free to be used ingame

do you agree or disagree with this? why?

If support say so, there is nothing to disagree about. 

1 minute ago, Saxtus said:

Other than support's statement going directly against the given Code of Conduct of course.
  • Like 3

No. Let's be realisticilly, it is a highly unfair thing to do. And highly unfair things are listed among the rules as forbidden and have to be punished. Wouldn't even say you warn this player, i'd ban him directly for 1~3 days. That should act more as a warning imo

Enforcer Juno out!

8 hours ago, CookiePuss said:
8 hours ago, Saxtus said:

Other than support's statement going directly against the given Code of Conduct of course.
But what if we misconceive the Code of Conduct until now?

I am not telling that I will drop that low and do it to others, but I will take it with a grain of salt and swallow it every time I see it happen, instead of reporting it like I did for this case.
If that leads to a worse gaming environment or not, it's another matter.

I am not going to question the customer's support judgment.
I brought it to the community's attention in the first place, to inform my fellow players that it's an acceptable behaviour.

Using 3rd party aiming software is a good strategy to git gud too......

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Saxtus said:
But what if we misconceive the Code of Conduct until now?
It literally says do not grief.

So LO should either tell us to go ahead a grief, and they should update the Code of Conduct, or someone from LO should come to the forums and clarify.

Personally Im going to side with Lixil over some rando hired to answer support tickets. And not just because to allow griefing would ruin the game lol. 
  Edited by CookiePuss

Well... I'd say it depends? If someone is griefing a mission intentionally, I could see that being against CoC.

Maybe the Great WaterFront Dump Trucking of 2013/4 isn't considered griefing against CoC?

4 hours ago, CookiePuss said:

still surprised that no one seems to care about this
bAIp1m3.gif

its hard to really have an opinion since apparently posting the support message is a big nono, despite it not being anywhere in the forum rules

14 minutes ago, BXNNXD said:
its hard to really have an opinion since apparently posting the support message is a big nono, despite it not being anywhere in the forum rules
Yeah, sucks that Lixil has been MIA recently too.
I have questions.

obviously anyone can say "so and so is griefing" out of context.  similarly,  support is not saying excessive griefing is okay.

its the same as telling others to stop making dumb posts/threads then you go about doing the same.

30 minutes ago, tennogrineer said:

obviously anyone can say "so and so is griefing" out of context.  similarly,  support is not saying excessive griefing is okay.

its the same as telling others to stop making dumb posts/threads then you go about doing the same.

player in question was pretty obviously blocking a ladder, even going back to block it after being pushed away

id love to post video but that'd prolly be name & shame, and i always follow the forum rules

I am sure LO will take an official stance on this, maybe we caught them on busy period or maybe they are trying to gather all the necessary information before they reply.

34 minutes ago, BXNNXD said:
player in question was pretty obviously blocking a ladder, even going back to block it after being pushed away

id love to post video but that'd prolly be name & shame, and i always follow the forum rules

Can't you edit the video, blur the names and post it here? 😯

32 minutes ago, Poperon said:

Show me a video that someone posted here with blurred opposition names in the past! Edited by Saxtus

3 minutes ago, Poperon said:

it was a twitch clip and i dont have enough brain cells for that anyway tbh

If I had to guess, support probably doesnt understand that parking a vehicle at the bottom of a ladder means you cannot climb the ladder.
Honestly I'd be shocked if support staff knew anything about the game in an in depth manner.

Either that, or this particular staff member is just incompetent.

Edited by CookiePuss

Adding grief to a players mission is no worse than the fuckbois who DDOS the servers. Its all making players games they play unenjoyable.

What the LO representative meant is that if what the opponent does not cheat or does a behaviour that violates the ToS (apparently not letting someone complete its mission, isn't accounted as griefing), doesn't count as a bannable offence.

Edited by Saxtus

7 minutes ago, Saxtus said:

What the LO representative meant is that if what the opponent does not cheat or does a behaviour that violates the ToS (apparently not letting someone complete its mission, isn't accounted as griefing), doesn't count as a bannable offence.

We know.
They are wrong.
Thats literally the whole point of this thread.
Dont worry Saxtus, you wont get into trouble.