Sign in to follow this  
Trivirium

Let's talk non meta weps.

I recently bought the norseman weapon pack and I honestly... I don't regret my purchase. They're fun little bullet hoses, like I've been able to hose down tryhard carbine heroes with ease. 60 rounds? That's silly for an SMG. The Hel special (Bloom closes the longer you hold the trigger) just makes it a mobile laser beam given you can deal with the small recoil. And the pack exclusive weapon Odin is a good little mix of everything, Not too inaccurate, but you won't be hitting people at range like you would with the Hel.

Even the tommy is good just because of it's massive ammo reserve alone. (And even better post tommy buff w tap fire)

Onto my next previous purchase of the SBSR 'IRS'

Honestly, again, no regret here. As a long time user of the HVR, I used the DMR AV PR2 and quite liked it. Wasn't for me when it comes to taking out players as the HVR can do it way easier. But I wanted a sniper that was different. I have the anubis but let's be honest, it's kinda trash. DMR overshadows it in almost every way. I have the oblivion. No further explanation needed. So in light of "unpopular things being removed from armas" I figured I'd pick up a pretty oddball sniper for collections sake and give it a chance. I love it. Mobility on it is better than any other sniper afaik. IR3, HS2 (hs3 is a pixel closed crosshair and hs2 spreads it out and allows some room for error.) And on top of everything it's FAST. Like not to mention I didn't know the sniper was actually automatic. I find I can outshoot most HVRs TTK with it. So another underrated gun IMO.

TL;DR OP thinks non meta SBSR and Norseman weapons aren't really that bad.

So, what non meta guns do you guys like? and why? Curious as always 😛

Medusa, it's reliable in every situation you can throw at it and will manage to beat hvr on Waterfront and Ntec anywhere
It's beyond amazing and it should be much more expensive than 1-1.5m on Market, it's basically an Ntec with bigger clips and better car stopping power

1 minute ago, -Dan- said:

Medusa, it's reliable in every situation you can throw at it and will manage to beat hvr on Waterfront and Ntec anywhere
It's beyond amazing and it should be much more expensive than 1-1.5m on Market, it's basically an Ntec with bigger clips and better car stopping power

While I'd normally agree with you, the AMG 5.56 Euryale is a pretty meta gun... It is a loyalty rewards gun that requires 200 USD to be spent in Armas to unlock it account bound. But it's the Medusa minus the mod but instead TWO open mod slots. Allowing things like muzzle break and HS, or tagger which is what I use. 

3 minutes ago, Trivirium said:
While I'd normally agree with you, the AMG 5.56 Euryale is a pretty meta gun... It is a loyalty rewards gun that requires 200 USD to be spent in Armas to unlock it account bound. But it's the Medusa minus the mod but instead TWO open mod slots. Allowing things like muzzle break and HS, or tagger which is what I use. 
I wish you only had to spend 200 to get the Euryale. 

Just now, CookiePuss said:
4 minutes ago, Trivirium said:
I wish you only had to spend 200 to get the Euryale. 
Wait, how much is it? I instantly got it when they introduced it... so I'm out of the loop. I heard it was 200 and always thought that.

4 minutes ago, Trivirium said:

Wait, how much is it?

When it first released the talk was that your lifetime spend had to be about $700USD in store purchases to go from 0 to Euryale. But don't quote me on that....

26 minutes ago, Trivirium said:

I have the oblivion. No further explanation needed.

B-b-b-but.....I like the Oblivion.....😢

15 minutes ago, -Dan- said:

I use my Euryale a LOT.

It's basically made the shaw completely redundant. You never see too many people using LMGs but I would argue it's the best one.
- pinpoint accuracy.
- tap-fire'able
- full-auto'able
- actually mobile
The only thing that hurts it is that it suffers from more RNG than most guns. Sometimes your recoil will just screw you over. Nothing you can do.

Other non-meta guns I enjoy a lot:
- ACES Rifle; nice for when I don't want to think too much
- ISSR-A; people REALLY don't know how to play against this gun
- NSSW; basically an LMG ntec, honestly its easier to full-auto as well

Case the Bolo, you can't depend on it, thats for sure. But with a tad bit of luck you'll beat a decent NTEC user, and oh boi, if youre camping an objective with proper backup you are solid (semi of course). Car comes up? No sir. HVR comes up? Byeeeeh. It is far from great but it can be a heck of a lot of fun to play with. It sounds amazeballs btw.

• Like 1

OH BOI!!! The LCR 😄 Its low firerate, lack of spread and recoil even when moving, and its extended range over the base STAR make this thing the anti sniper to end all anti snipers, not to mention its just in general good at taking out anything over 35m away in a couple of shots (as long as you learn to tank 1 more shot that you would normaly be willing)

• Like 1

honestly can we just throw away the cobra we have now for a completely new one

1 hour ago, Trivirium said:

Onto my next previous purchase of the SBSR 'IRS'

I recently picked up this gun and I enjoy using it. I do have a few issues with it. Since it is full auto, I get ghost shots if I want to semi auto fire it. There are times when I don't want to go full auto and the ghost shots throw me off. Also, on numerous occasions I have gotten 3 hit markers on a player and no death, They aren't using kevlar, there weren't ghost shots, etc. I don't know if it's an issue with the servers or the gun but I don't seem to get it on other guns I use. 

Overall the IRS is a pretty solid gun people do not use. 

I am looking forward to see what they do with the Coroner. I don't see any reason to use that gun over the IRS.

47 minutes ago, Nite said:
When it first released the talk was that your lifetime spend had to be about $700USD in store purchases to go from 0 to Euryale. But don't quote me on that....
  B-b-b-but.....I like the Oblivion.....😢

Oblivion will be a million times better when I can switch to my secondary after firing. Would be a lot better if it played more like the dog ear. 

35 minutes ago, Similarities said:

I like the N-SSW and FROG quite a bit.

I love how the FROG Thumbnail sounds and the accuracy but the damage drop off is too quick. I dont see any reason to use it over the fbw, ocsp, or 45 if you want that type of pew pew secondary.  

The JG-841 "Firecracker".

It's literally the only weapon I use (occasionally I'll pull out an OSMAW for shits). I don't even think the 3-point sling 1 that comes with it helps in any way, at this point I've just gotten attached to that stupid fuckin' gun and limit myself to only using that.

issrb does everything well

The only Norse gun I like is the Hel, due to the increased accuracy, slap on EM3 and 3ps3 and I do well with it. ISBRB IRS is eh, id have to play with it again but i wasn't happy about it.

1 hour ago, LaQuandra said:

Oblivion will be a million times better when I can switch to my secondary after firing. Would be a lot better if it played more like the dog ear.

Taken from the Upcoming Weapon Balance thread:
On 7/6/2018 at 3:39 PM, MattScott said:

7) S-247 'Oblivion'

Attempt to make the weapon a lot snappier when using it as a fire and reposition weapon. This would heavily improve snap fire by reducing the time it takes to gain accuracy after moving, and allowing you to switch during re-fire timer.

As much as I've come to like the current Oblivion and would much rather it not become another ISSR-B, at least you'll be getting your wish sometime soon....

I enjoy using the fbw-sd

5 hours ago, -Dan- said:

it should be much more expensive than 1-1.5m on Market

Must be nice to  have people actually selling guns and then for only 1.5 mill geez i need to build a pc

2 minutes ago, CookiePuss said:

What is the meta again? OCA PMG NTEC CR762 / Obir / HVR ?

HVR Scout is in there somewhere too

Also what even is the meta LMG anyway? N-SSW? Euryale?

25 minutes ago, Nite said:
HVR Scout is in there somewhere too

scout hasnt been meta since the sprint shooting nerf

lmg is euryale, or shaw for poor people

5 hours ago, TrueCascade said:

OH BOI!!! The LCR 😄 Its low firerate, lack of spread and recoil even when moving, and its extended range over the base STAR make this thing the anti sniper to end all anti snipers, not to mention its just in general good at taking out anything over 35m away in a couple of shots (as long as you learn to tank 1 more shot that you would normaly be willing)

LCR Old Glory might be my favorite gun in the game. C'mon LO, release Old Glory PR2 with CJ3

GcIOkG6.gif

25 minutes ago, Nite said:
Euryale/Medusa seem to be the most popular. I rarely see people using N-SSW; another underrated gun, IMO

Sign in to follow this