Aeronaut

what WOULD you give G1 credit for?

32 minutes ago, Zolerox said:
Debundled Wheel's kit from the Kurai Uber bundle

or a Inventory expansion Selector
is debundling virtual items from a pack on a virtual store that hard to do?

Adding the spawn system, it's not necessarily without flaws, but it's better than what we had originally.
Removed dump truck griefing of people in missions. You could blow people up just by hitting them hard enough with any vehicle, regardless of if they were in a mission or not.

I'm sure there's more I appreciate them adding, but I can't recall most of it because of how awful they were toward the end of the Tiggs reign.

For moving more and more from original concept. I was waiting for sirens to go cross faction and for elephant costumes and for more things that no one asked for.
Basically for having no vision or rather for having Armas Vision

The taxi billboard you can purchase from the Joker Store, best car part.

8 hours ago, Aeronaut said:
8 hours ago, Zolerox said:
Debundled Wheel's kit from the Kurai Uber bundle

or a Inventory expansion Selector
is debundling virtual items from a pack on a virtual store that hard to do?
Yee have little faith the same people that brang us this Marvelous icon.
04EAFF614264DD75ECE3221FF1F3D2567F8AD7E8
I have faith. Edited by Zolerox

I'd give them credit for keeping stupid people a glimpse of things to come including a road map with no GPS.

Hope LO can pull it around and no major complaints as yet.

For the bug where you could go to the top of buildings, maybe it was in the game before G1 but it was cool seeing san paro from a diff pov 🙂

passing off a fax machine as a cm to the entire community

To answer the question G1 did many things but the pinnacle achievement is that they nurtured the community which create the user inspired another user to create this; 

CruHSIk.png

afaic this was when we hit our peak, thank you G1. 

• Thanks 1

On 7/25/2018 at 4:39 PM, Signarly said:

When you're tired as fuck and read this as "what would you give g1 credit for" as what do you want to see in armas  that you would pay for with G1C then have no idea what the fuck people are talking about in the thread...

This

The introduction of fight club was really fun. Then when Asylum came there were so many instances of it and people playing. The seasonal events like Horseman and 12 Days of Xmas were fun, too. But like most things the hype didn't last long, the problems grew and persisted, and nothing was ever fixed or improved as people came and left.

On 7/25/2018 at 9:36 PM, mpuone said:

G1 made the game Free to Play...

-they added new vehicles and vehicle variants, plus adjusted vehicle behavior
-Added gun drop off range, among other balance changes
-They tried to balance the maps by limiting roof access and adding openings (mostly in Waterfront)
-Added end game contacts.
-Added Fight Club mode, with Beacon, Asylum and Baylan maps. 

...I'm probably missing a few things.

actually, roof acess, its a credit to Dopefish, i remember his post on G1 forums few years ago... if im not mistaken, one of the most viewed posts of all time.

He did gave a very complete information full of images, what G1 should do where, and how.

So... you should not give credit to G1 about this matter.
  • Thanks 1

- Making the game free-to-play
- Added overtime to missions
- Jump height increase
- Color coded mods
- Steam release
- Tutorial
- Team kick requiring demerits
- Automatic resupply when near ammo vending machines
- Added a proper kill feed (instead of just text output)
- Removing camera lock while climbing (though it probably broke camera tilt while driving)
- Changes to car handling

Most other changes they made were straight up detrimental to the game.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Dopefish said:

- Making the game free-to-play [they had no choice, it was clear that the business model they tried to utilize during RTW wasn't valued the same by the customers as the company saw it]
- Added overtime to missions [wish there was a resource or some sort of indicator to show what the qualifications are to push the final stage into overtime for the different objectives]
- Jump height increase [didn't this break something? like it allowed people to get into places they usually weren't able to, so they went around blocking access to those places?]
- Color coded mods
- Steam release [wasn't efficiently used because the game was still in a questionable state, but it probably helped expand the game's lifespan under G1 for a few more years]
- Tutorial [might seem like an unfair assessment but i personally haven't heard any praise of the system. could be better if they had integrated GIF-like videos to demonstrate certain elements. then again, people mostly go on to things like forums and review sites to complain, not to give praise.]
- Team kick requiring demerits 
- Automatic resupply when near ammo vending machines [think the range for the resupply could be a little bit more generous. right now it seems like you have to stick your head in to start the resupplying cycle]
- Added a proper kill feed (instead of just text output) [i remember when they slowly rolled that out. some of the kill feed icons were hilarious]
- Removing camera lock while climbing (though it probably broke camera tilt while driving)
- Changes to car handling [how does the security truck still have the neutral steering bug?]

Most other changes they made were straight up detrimental to the game.

I give G1 credit for keeping a game the vast majority of gamers arent interested in alive even after it stopped making a profit. 

1 hour ago, Aeronaut said:
13 hours ago, Dopefish said:

- Changes to car handling [how does the security truck still have the neutral steering bug?]

But that isn't a bug. It was actually intended by RTW. Espacio used to pull left too.

3 hours ago, Tizzie said:

They buffed the Osmaw while pretending it was a nerf. Now I just need a perm one on Armas. Pls finish the fight, LO.

what do you mean?

the nerf was to prevent people from doing drive-by osmaws.

the instant get out and fire.
now you have to crank the shaft before it fires. giggity.

I can credit G1 for keeping this unfinished game alive for 7+ years + tons of gifts, events and those codes which aren't available anymore 😞

Also their ticket support system actually worked. And now LO cannot even give an explanation - why did they suspend my account for the weekend?

Edited by Letter

9 hours ago, Aeronaut said:
Tdfmueg.gif

13 hours ago, Aeronaut said:
what do you mean?

the nerf was to prevent people from doing drive-by osmaws.

the instant get out and fire.
Yeah they did mess up the CQC ability but apart from that they gave it more ammo and made the blast slightly larger. I adjusted to it pretty quick because back in my Osmawtrolling days I usually just hid and jumped people at corners anyway so it was a buff if anything, at least to me and how I would use it