Hey can I join this so that I can wave it around in front of others and not actually help players like most in the past did?

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Nessie said:

Not gonna lie, but not all helpful experienced players are "golds" 😛

TBH I just hope they will scrap the current threat system and change it so that veterans and new players aren't divided in different districts but still keep the gameplay balanced.

And also threat in this case shouldn't matter, since there are more aspects to the game than skill in pew pew and definitely a lot more questions to answer than "which gun is best in X situation?" 😉 

2 hours ago, swft said:

I don't think this ever worked properly. To be honest, they should just rework the UI and offer a good tutorial.

2 hours ago, Nite said:

Having actual employed GMs honestly just makes this role redundant, there's not much an SPCM person could do that a GM couldn't also do.

Would rather we reach the point that there are enough GMs around consistently that SPCM never has to return.

1 hour ago, BXNNXD said:

they’ve got to be supervised tho since as some have already said there was some abuse of even the limited power the SPCM had

and at that point why not just leave it up to GMs instead of creating a whole new section of people to babysit

agree with all 3, especially on the part, that instead of adding another sub-section of tagged players, now that we have active GMs, it'd be much better to focus on getting the old tutorial re-worked and have this as a proper toolset to assist new players with majority of the most usual questions and for the less anticipated questions, direct them to participate @the forums. (get the community here). 
And ofc the UX badly could use some love..... proper gun stats anyone? 🙂 

14 minutes ago, Ken2 said:

There is no need for it. Any time a noob asks a question in /d there is plenty of people answering.

Except the SPCM tag confirmed that you were getting legit help instead of troll answers. I say there is a need for a group of people to help new players

• Like 1

no please. i was harassed by an spcm member and the rest never really helped anyone. i'd rather a GM take on this role. 

20 minutes ago, IROCkiller said:

Except the SPCM tag confirmed that you were getting legit help instead of troll answers. I say there is a need for a group of people to help new players

They took it off for a reason...

When APB was in a terrible state under Reloaded I always wanted to volunteer. That hasn't changed now either. Whether it's SPCM (albeit people seem to be fairly against it reading from this thread), or SPCT, I'd be happy to volunteer to help for this game.

• Like 1

I never liked this because it only made the already existing elitism within the player base become even worst, those players who wants to help, such as I always did since ever without even attempting to submit a postulation for such programs, does not have any problem to be helpful and bring communications with newcomers to /whisper or /group chat to talk privately and provide the requested assistance.

Veteran and experienced players are already known by the community and newcomers does not need to get more confused about who are in charge of the game management and what the role of those "volunteers" is in the game, indeed some of these volunteers are less helpful than actual players and a few of them even used these features just to group up with their friends in lower threat instances and to get attention and fame.

If you are voluntary contributing to the community you don't need a special tag or a reward since you are doing it voluntary, why ask for permission or special abilities then to do it then?

Also it leads to a lot of spam in the chat HUD making it even more difficult for both, the ones looking for help and the rest of us trying to play and chat with others.

I'm pretty sure many players who never been on such programs, including myself, have been very helpful and might been helping way more players than the SPCMs did.

In my opinion this kind of things were just a way Tiggs and G1 used to calm down the community regarding the terrible lack of GMs presence in game but as for how the new management seems to aim to handle it I seriously don't think this is going to be needed at all.

Now, trying to think of real life analogies to compare what a volunteer program could be, if I think of firefighters they receive training and equipment to do their job, so probably a program where the ones who wants to help the community could follow certain guidelines to get aligned in the actions they'll take is something we could have and do just as players by sharing between us our experiences, knowledge and ideas of how to improve the game environment for the newcomers.

Why not posting a thread where everybody can take part and comment and based on it we could then sort out the particular things that might need to be addressed to forward it as suggestions to the staff? That would be a true Volunteer Program imo.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, IROCkiller said:

Thats why i whisper them (not allways, sometimes i really into the game), and maybe others too.

5 minutes ago, Salvick said:

I never liked this because it only made the already existing elitism within the player base become even worst, those players who wants to help, such as I always did since ever without even attempting to submit a postulation for such programs, does not have any problem to be helpful and bring communications with newcomers to /whisper or /group chat to talk privately and provide the requested assistance.

Veteran and experienced players are already known by the community and newcomers does not need to get more confused about who are in charge of the game management and what the role of those "volunteers" is in the game, indeed some of these volunteers are less helpful than actual players and a few of them even used these features just to group up with their friends in lower threat instances and to get attention and fame.

If you are voluntary contributing to the community you don't need a special tag or a reward since you are doing it voluntary, why ask for permission or special abilities then to do it then?

Also it leads to a lot of spam in the chat HUD making it even more difficult for both, the ones looking for help and the rest of us trying to play and chat with others.

I'm pretty sure many players who never been on such programs, including myself, have been very helpful and might been helping way more players than the SPCMs did.

In my opinion this kind of things were just a way Tiggs and G1 used to calm down the community regarding the terrible lack of GMs presence in game but as for how the new management seems to aim to handle it I seriously don't think this is going to be needed at all.

Now, trying to think of real life analogies to compare what a volunteer program could be, if I think of firefighters they receive training and equipment to do their job, so probably a program where the ones who wants to help the community could follow certain guidelines to get aligned in the actions they'll take is something we could have and do just as players by sharing between us our experiences, knowledge and ideas of how to improve the game environment for the newcomers.

Why not posting a thread where everybody can take part and comment and based on it we could then sort out the particular things that might need to be addressed to forward it as suggestions to the staff? That would be a true Volunteer Program imo.

Its been long time, but i still have the car you gifted me when you did a mini event ;)

3yqIIIL.png

• Like 2

If Little Orbit manages to push out patches, especially big patches, they need to bring back the San Paro City Testers program, and if the games population rises, the San Paro City Mentor program.

I'd gladly volunteer for both of these programs.

Bit redundant to have "SPCM"s who didn't really do much in the first place when LO has GMs in-game, unlike G1.

• Like 3

4 hours ago, Ken2 said:

They took it off for a reason...

Honestly they need a better filter to get in. Either someone hand picked by Lixil or someone the community wants in to help.

8 minutes ago, IROCkiller said:

Honestly they need a better filter to get in. Either someone hand picked by Lixil or someone the community wants in to help.

Is the same... what makes you think it was not diferent before?

Just now, Ken2 said:

Is the same... what makes you think it was not diferent before?

When I wanted to apply a while ago it was literally sign an NDA and fill out a forum. Anyone could apply. If the people are hand picked by Lixil, or people who are known in the game to help, then it'd be different.

If  SPCMs were to be re-introduced, I'd make them use different account from their main for it. A pre-set account with pre-set characters, owned by the company, all dressed similarly and with similar disticntive names and only to be used for helping and mentoring. Possibly even putting them under NDA if deemed necessary.

This way it would be more easy to monitor that they are actually doing what they are supposed to do and not part of the program just for ego boost.

7 minutes ago, IROCkiller said:

When I wanted to apply a while ago it was literally sign an NDA and fill out a forum. Anyone could apply. If the people are hand picked by Lixil, or people who are known in the game to help, then it'd be different.

They just come, and they will be picking "known" players to help, as volunteer gms. Makes much sense to me. No no, really.

Do people even know what NDA's are used for? Any time anyone uses the stupid 'NDA excuse' they are using it in a completely incorrect context. Lol

NDA's are not contracts for work. They're agreements.

Where do i sign in to become City Voluntee? :v

19 minutes ago, Maverick13 said:

Where do i sign in to become City Voluntee? :v

Trash_Can.jpg

I think keeping mentors would be a good idea. Gives new players a place to go and some experience in the lower threat dist for said new players to get help needed before they get to facing vets

SPCT - hell yes. They assisted with everything under the freaking sun in a lot of cases. Ranging from the bland BVT's, to replicating and verifying bugs, etc. Having that again doesn't sound bad to me.

SPCM - Oh god please no. Never again! I was once a part of this program and while there were people that wanted to help.. it was mostly just abused beyond belief. I'd see SPCM's in the bronze district flooring newbies just for funsies. That's not what it was supposed to be about. Yet that's what it became and quite frankly I think it would again. Unless there was SIGNIFICANT oversight from G1. Which would be a total waste of resources. 

47 minutes ago, BXNNXD said:

Trash_Can.jpg

Nah, if it's in the trash can, you can go then, looks like it's a place you belong...

Just now, Maverick13 said:

Nah, if it's in the trash can, you can go then, looks like it's a place you belong...

i live in a dumpster not a trash can

do i look like im poor