Hello Team,

i'm from the old San Paro City Volunteers Program and my question is, if this program is still avaiable or not?

What Program? This one: http://apbdb.com/track/372934/

What I still want to ask, if could maybe do it like in the past, that you will be tagged in chat to better help ingame people like that...

hhfghf.png

• Thanks 1

I think it would be a good idea to have veteran players who aren't assholes be recognized for helping. New players could have some reference points to ask stuff and receive help without trollers just giving random answers.

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, Nessie said:

I think it would be a good idea to have veteran players who aren't assholes be recognized for helping. New players could have some reference points to ask stuff and receive help without trollers just giving random answers.

Sure, that's why I would find this mark helpful in chat.

It's not a bad idea if done correctly - I'm not sure that new players will come to the forums to ask for help so having volunteers answer questions in the district could be quite helpful for some.  Is there not an issue with being able to join the lower tier district (bronze) though? Not saying that is where people would need the most help, but in some cases there would be people there that did, and no one there potentially to help out. (perhaps GM's would be present I realize)

My concern is always that the new players try the game out after finding it on Steam, hear the bad reviews and salty commentary about it, try it for a few hours, get rekt and never return.  Pointing out a few simple things could make someone's experience that much more enjoyable. Also, the volunteers aren't only helpful for brand new players- a game with as much depth as APB, lots could benefit from this.  

Just be careful that the people you give this tag will represent the company in a positive manner- we all know how easy it is to start an argument while in the game.

Edited by orangesherbet
  • Like 1

7 minutes ago, orangesherbet said:

It's not a bad idea if done correctly - I'm not sure that new players will come to the forums to ask for help so having volunteers answer questions in the district could be quite helpful for some.  Is there not an issue with being able to join the lower tier district (bronze) though? Not saying that is where people would need the most help, but in some cases there would be people there that did, and no one there potentially to help out. (perhaps GM's would be present I realize)

My concern is always that the new players try the game out after finding it on Steam, hear the bad reviews and salty commentary about it, try it for a few hours, get rekt and never return.  Pointing out a few simple things could make someone's experience that much more enjoyable. Also, the volunteers aren't only helpful for brand new players- a game with as much depth as APB, lots could benefit from this.  

Just be careful that the people you give this tag will represent the company in a positive manner- we all know how easy it is to start an argument while in the game.

Not gonna lie, but not all helpful experienced players are "golds" 😛

TBH I just hope they will scrap the current threat system and change it so that veterans and new players aren't divided in different districts but still keep the gameplay balanced.

2 minutes ago, Nessie said:

Not gonna lie, but not all helpful experienced players are "golds" 😛

TBH I just hope they will scrap the current threat system and change it so that veterans and new players aren't divided in different districts but still keep the gameplay balanced.

No I do understand that, and I don't mean to infer that being gold makes you that much more knowledgeable about the game, or willing to help players for that matter. I am just looking for pitfalls for the volunteer system (which did exist and I don't remember how it worked exactly).  I also agree with the current threat system needing work, but no idea how to "fix" it.

Edited by orangesherbet

I don't think this ever worked properly. To be honest, they should just rework the UI and offer a good tutorial.

Unlike G1/K2, Little Orbit actually has GMs join in-game and play on their alts. I always thought the whole tag was irrelevant as plenty of people help out. Why do you need to be recognized in order to help? To give a flashy tag so people can brag or act like someone they're not is causing more issues than resolutions. I remember seeing those people dting at 255 and playing in bronze district while abusing lower ranks and not answering questions or helping, so it really defeats the purpose. Help because you want to, not because you expect something in return. 

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, swft said:

I don't think this ever worked properly. To be honest, they should just rework the UI and offer a good tutorial.

I think that would work well. As orangesherbet already said the bulk will not go to the forum.

And the current tutorial is already nice and good, but now does not give all the information you would like to have.

damn that’s a lot of tags

• Like 1

Having actual employed GMs honestly just makes this role redundant, there's not much an SPCM person could do that a GM couldn't also do.

Would rather we reach the point that there are enough GMs around consistently that SPCM never has to return.

Edited by Nite

8 minutes ago, iAdoreHer said:

Unlike G1/K2, Little Orbit actually has GMs join in-game and play on their alts. I always thought the whole tag was irrelevant as plenty of people help out. Why do you need to be recognized in order to help? To give a flashy tag so people can brag or act like someone they're not is causing more issues than resolutions. I remember seeing those people dting at 255 and playing in bronze district while abusing lower ranks and not answering questions or helping, so it really defeats the purpose. Help because you want to, not because you expect something in return. 

This recognition in the chat should not be there to specify but to be recognizable against troller.

Just now, Nite said:

Having actual employed GMs honestly just makes this role redundant, there's not much an SPCM person could do that a GM couldn't also do.

Would rather we reach the point that there are enough GMs around consistenty that SPCM never has to return.

In a perfect world, yes.  But having volunteer programs like this can't hurt, even if redundant. Some people simply want to be involved in helping the community, just my take. 

• Thanks 1

Just now, orangesherbet said:

In a perfect world, yes.  But having volunteer programs like this can't hurt, even if redundant. Some people simply want to be involved in helping the community, just my take. 

they’ve got to be supervised tho since as some have already said there was some abuse of even the limited power the SPCM had

and at that point why not just leave it up to GMs instead of creating a whole new section of people to babysit

20 minutes ago, swft said:

most of the time, the people who had their tags on would just get constant trolly questions

Edited by Aeronaut

2 minutes ago, BXNNXD said:

they’ve got to be supervised tho since as some have already said there was some abuse of even the limited power the SPCM had

and at that point why not just leave it up to GMs instead of creating a whole new section of people to babysit

Good point. I tried to think of worst case scenario, but I understand there is always something potentially bad about giving people power.

I'm always down to help a new player, I think it's a good idea to bring it back.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, orangesherbet said:

exactly ❤️

Wouldn't bother giving people tags like that if there are GM's running around.

As a lot of people have stated it was mostly abused or people were constantly asked stupid things on purpose to the point the mentor people would just straight up ignore everything and only talk about the game as if they were a member of the company.

I was in the last iteration of SPCM, We really weren't able to do much. All I was able to do was stand around Social and point people to the various Kiosks. 
Because my threat I wasn't allowed to go in to the Bronze/Green districts to help the people who might of actually needed it.

Before I was in it, SPCM members were able to enter lower threat districts, but some people in the program abused this to get easy matches so it was disabled.

And one very common problem that did arise was new players seeing my tag and thinking I'm a GM.

I think the best way to do this is not officially (so no tags, no special anything), but make it entirely community driven.

One idea I had was a series of short 1-2 minute videos on each weapon giving a basic rundown of a weapon. But I was unable to on my setup at the time.

• Like 2

You don't need a special tag to answer questions and help people.

Some of the programs were like a two-edged sword. While the intention was good, in some cases only things served were the egos of those involved.

• Like 1

As an ex SPCM, I would be interested in a revamped volunteer system. The previous SPCM program was essentially just me answering "what is spcm?" and "are you gm?" 80% of the total questions.

46 minutes ago, Chinook said:

You don't need a special tag to answer questions and help people.

Some of the programs were like a two-edged sword. While the intention was good, in some cases only things served were the egos of those involved.

I have been SPCM since April 2015 and it was hardly anyone to help because of the small overview in the chat. I think that would change significantly with a label.