Damned00

Changes planned about the hitbox and damage ?

Hello,

I don't know if it is the right section, I wanted to post it for a Q&A but I coudln't find anything...
So I was wondering if BH plans to modify the hitbox and add seperate area of the body with different multiplicators (more damage in the head for example and less in the legs/arms) like a lot of FPS. The second question is about the damage reduction when an ennemy is far away, I think it's kind of weird to unload a full clip on someone and he doesn't die only because he is far away. Does BH plan to modify it or not ?

Thanks in advance.

1 hour ago, Damned00 said:

So I was wondering if BH plans to modify the hitbox and add seperate area of the body with different multiplicators

Not sure who BH is but the answer is nope.

second question is about the damage reduction when an ennemy is far away, I think it's kind of weird to unload a full clip on someone and he doesn't die only because he is far away. Does BH plan to modify it or not ?

Damage dropoff. and nope.

Hello,

I don't know if it is the right section, I wanted to post it for a Q&A but I coudln't find anything...
So I was wondering if BH plans to modify the hitbox and add seperate area of the body with different multiplicators (more damage in the head for example and less in the legs/arms) like a lot of FPS. The second question is about the damage reduction when an ennemy is far away, I think it's kind of weird to unload a full clip on someone and he doesn't die only because he is far away. Does BH plan to modify it or not ?

Thanks in advance.

Who or what is  BH ???

first answer to your questions is the hit boxes are from the 1.0 unreal engine we need an upgrade first to fix this properly

second answer to your questions is bullets don't fly straight so theres a drop off from the wind changing them so no this is a bad idea to do not all hit and most only graze so no its not weird its how the physics are supposed to be

On 7/24/2018 at 6:56 PM, Fortune Runner said:
Who or what is  BH ???

first answer to your questions is the hit boxes are from the 1.0 unreal engine we need an upgrade first to fix this properly

second answer to your questions is bullets don't fly straight so theres a drop off from the wind changing them so no this is a bad idea to do not all hit and most only graze so no its not weird its how the physics are supposed to be
i mean they technically still are hits and not just grazes or bullets that fell down

the issue would be that e.g. smgs would be too good at range then (unless they nerf accuracy more which would also make them less reliable on closer ranges)
tbf i think it is a bit drastic right now but it helps to maintain some kind of balancd and give each weapon and category it's own niche without doing much harm. it also enforces having fitting primary/secondary setups etc etc.
bring variety into the game (most of the time)

so nah, it doesn't seem like thex want to make changes - and in my opinion they shouldn't. in csgo you have a kinda similar system with dropoffs and even they moved to making e.g. smgs more niche.
...except that rifles are plainly better than any smg 90% of the time - they have that economy factor that is luckily not part of apb. (i like it but it doesn't fit here.)
csgo is much more competetive though so seeing them make a move kinda validates it being not too bad of a thing. Edited by neophobia

BH probably stands for Bluehole. OP is having PUBG flashbacks.

Weapons are balanced around the single, large hitbox. It would require too much work to implement, and wouldn't work right anyway with the current hitscanning. APB is not a military simulator, it's an arcade shooter with a ton of lore. Next you're going to ask for FPP mode.

On 7/27/2018 at 10:34 AM, MrsHappyPenguin said:

BH probably stands for Bluehole. OP is having PUBG flashbacks.

See, that thought crossed my mind since I remember Bluehole from TERA. I thought surely OP wasn't that oblivious. Then again, APB forums.

Yeah I mingled bluehole and little orbit, probably because I read also some stories about a law case in Korea, but whatever, my bad.

I understand for the bullet drop off, but it is kind of strange to also do that to the AK's (I don't remember the exact name in this game), I was against some dude who was really strong (or maybe cheating, I dunno and don't really care because it isn't the topic and it was before the implementation of the new anti-cheat engine), anyway he hit every bullets and I managed to survive, like said up there, maybe change a bit of the trajectory of the bullet to compensate the extreme dropoff ? In csgo there is a dropoff, but not that extreme. Anyway, it seems to be a sensitive subject.

About the update of the hitbox, it doesn't seem to be a bad idea, I will search if I can contact a LO dev or something.

Thanks for the replys.

Different gunplay for different kinds of games. The reason for the drop off is a balancing reason, one that CS does not have to deal with due to the nature of the games.

2 hours ago, Damned00 said:

About the update of the hitbox, it doesn't seem to be a bad idea, I will search if I can contact a LO dev or something.

It is a bad idea though.  The game is balanced around every player having the same exact hitbox.  If we had accurate hitboxes then smaller characters would have the advantage.  Currently the only advantage smaller characters have is just their perceived size, which isn't really an advantage.  Imagine trying to kill a midget at 90m while he has an hvr.  That's what would happen if the hitboxes were accurate.

The only hitbox which is needed to be changed is the car Hitbox for real.
Getting overdrived while not even touching the car..

On 7/30/2018 at 9:15 AM, Damned00 said:

Yeah I mingled bluehole and little orbit, probably because I read also some stories about a law case in Korea, but whatever, my bad.

I understand for the bullet drop off, but it is kind of strange to also do that to the AK's (I don't remember the exact name in this game), I was against some dude who was really strong (or maybe cheating, I dunno and don't really care because it isn't the topic and it was before the implementation of the new anti-cheat engine), anyway he hit every bullets and I managed to survive, like said up there, maybe change a bit of the trajectory of the bullet to compensate the extreme dropoff ? In csgo there is a dropoff, but not that extreme. Anyway, it seems to be a sensitive subject.

Thanks for the replys.

it is indeed a bad one, you ever crouch behind cover and get sniped because it doesnt fully cover you where your head is? Now imagine that with increased damage for headshots.

On 7/31/2018 at 6:28 AM, Lislya said:

lol that reminds me of back when you could get run over by your own car if it was sliding in the direction of the door you exit from.

On 8/1/2018 at 9:50 AM, BrandonBranderson said:
On 7/31/2018 at 3:28 AM, Lislya said:

lol that reminds me of back when you could get run over by your own car if it was sliding in the direction of the door you exit from.
Still can.

Hello @Damned00,

I have moved this topic to the General Discussion section of our forums. If you are still interested into asking this directly to Little Orbit, you can try in
Regards,
Ritual