Houaiss

Plans for the game performance in the future? (direct question to LO)

Hey, i want to ask this question directly to Matt or any dev member of Little Orbit.

Im an OBT player since G1 launch of this game, so... i have many years of experience in this game (not skill tho, but knowledge) and i never wasted a penny for g1, but for you guys, i already did and a significant amount.

What im trying to say here, is ... i do have intentions to waste money on this game, as a support for all your work and i actually expect many good things from you... but i started wondering... about game performance.

Unfortunately, i lack of a good computer, i play on a 30 fps computer, and upgrading my machine its not a option for me. In f2p games like Trove or Heroes and Generals (apologize me if in your forum rules we cant tell/refer other games) they were pretty acessible games at their launch, but the game companies, improved the games to a point where low/mid computers couldnt run the game anymore.

So, my question with all of this is: Will you guys improve the game performance where i and many others players with a low spec PCs can run a game with better fps and such, or will you imporve the game, where we will need to upgrade it, in order to play smoothly?

Thanks for everything you have been doing to the game!

• Like 1

I know you're looking for answers from the devs themselves, but I'd just like to say that after the engine upgrade, it's supposedly going to properly utilize your system's hardware.  If you have more than a dual core processor, it'll currently only use two cores, but after the engine upgrade it should be able to use more of them to distribute the load a bit more, plus they said that there are a lot of optimizations that are only possible through the upgrade.

thats what the engine upgrade is for

• Like 1

Advance launcher, lowest settings shouldn't be a problem (If ADV still working on the new engine though)
Or take the lowest ingame options.
Can you maybe give me some infos about ur PC @LusoPT?

19 minutes ago, BXNNXD said:

thats what the engine upgrade is for

whats the engine engine upgrade for?

1 minute ago, Aeronaut said:
to remove your posting privileges 

43 minutes ago, BXNNXD said:
45 minutes ago, Aeronaut said:
again*
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, BXNNXD said:
2 hours ago, Aeronaut said:
surely there's an easier way to accomplish that.

just turn down your resolution and use the advanced apb launcher to make your game look like a ps1 game. it won't be pretty, but you'll have the smoothest frames.

5 hours ago, Lislya said:

Advance launcher, lowest settings shouldn't be a problem (If ADV still working on the new engine though)
Or take the lowest ingame options.
Can you maybe give me some infos about ur PC @LusoPT?

@Lislya

pff i dont know, as im on vacation, but i can say its a laptop (i know... not sugested for gaming) its a i7 dual core(with turbo, i guess can go for 2.8ghz, not sure) with 2gb amd, 8gb ram.

I get 25-35fps, jumping constantly between them. I know... xD

I tried apb launcher, but i kinda struggle alot with the settings, and i always put the screen color bugged, like a rainbow... so i always end up with lowest setting of the original APB options.

So with all of your replies, means that... after the next engine upgrade... people like me (30fps brotherhood) will not be able to play the game? 😕

6 hours ago, BrandonBranderson said:

I know you're looking for answers from the devs themselves, but I'd just like to say that after the engine upgrade, it's supposedly going to properly utilize your system's hardware.  If you have more than a dual core processor, it'll currently only use two cores, but after the engine upgrade it should be able to use more of them to distribute the load a bit more, plus they said that there are a lot of optimizations that are only possible through the upgrade.

x64 confirmed!

running on 100 fps average, still getting lots of micro-stuttering, especially when engaging enemies directly, which often leads to my death... obviously I'm not the only one, but I've noticed an increase in the last few weeks (been watching many other players streams). I really hope the engine upgrade (or further patches) will soon remove micro-stuttering, because it's getting really fucking annoying... I'd rather have lower average FPS and get rid of micro stuttering than how it is right now.

did anyone test if micro-stuttering get's less when playing on a SSD?
because I think the only real bottleneck for APB is my HDD right now (even though it's not that old and still healthy, not trashed or anything)
i7 6700k
gtx 960 4gb
16gb ram

3 hours ago, Snubnose said:

running on 100 fps average, still getting lots of micro-stuttering, especially when engaging enemies directly, which often leads to my death... obviously I'm not the only one, but I've noticed an increase in the last few weeks (been watching many other players streams). I really hope the engine upgrade (or further patches) will soon remove micro-stuttering, because it's getting really fucking annoying... I'd rather have lower average FPS and get rid of micro stuttering than how it is right now.

because I think the only real bottleneck for APB is my HDD right now (even though it's not that old and still healthy, not trashed or anything)
i7 6700k
gtx 960 4gb
16gb ram

SSD definetly fixed stuttering a lot... i play on: i5 4690k, gtx 970, 8gb ram, SSD, custom advanced launcher settings and i get 110-120 fps... I also advice you to restart game with every district change... Best just start join straight to district you wanna play on and stay on it

3 hours ago, Snubnose said:

i7 6700k
gtx 960 4gb
16gb ram

i nearly have the same pc as you, moving the game to my ssd reduced the loading time a lot

18 hours ago, BXNNXD said:
18 hours ago, Aeronaut said:
booya!

19 hours ago, LusoPT said:

Hey, i want to ask this question directly to Matt or any dev member of Little Orbit.

Im an OBT player since G1 launch of this game, so... i have many years of experience in this game (not skill tho, but knowledge) and i never wasted a penny for g1, but for you guys, i already did and a significant amount.

What im trying to say here, is ... i do have intentions to waste money on this game, as a support for all your work and i actually expect many good things from you... but i started wondering... about game performance.

Unfortunately, i lack of a good computer, i play on a 30 fps computer, and upgrading my machine its not a option for me. In f2p games like Trove or Heroes and Generals (apologize me if in your forum rules we cant tell/refer other games) they were pretty acessible games at their launch, but the game companies, improved the games to a point where low/mid computers couldnt run the game anymore.

So, my question with all of this is: Will you guys improve the game performance where i and many others players with a low spec PCs can run a game with better fps and such, or will you imporve the game, where we will need to upgrade it, in order to play smoothly?

Thanks for everything you have been doing to the game!

sorry for the pessimism, maybe the game will be better in terms of performance .but scorched earth tactics will kill the game .

server Han killed 2 clan . THE SERVER IS DEAD . Edited by Yood

4 hours ago, Yood said:
sorry for the pessimism, maybe the game will be better in terms of performance .but scorched earth tactics will kill the game .

server Han killed 2 clan . THE SERVER IS DEAD .
what do you mean? 

+ nobody yet was able to reply to my question, you think we will need to upgrade our machines in the near/mid future, our they will optimize the game to a point where our potatos can run the game easily? 

6 hours ago, Eixo said:
9 hours ago, Snubnose said:

i7 6700k
gtx 960 4gb
16gb ram

SSD definetly fixed stuttering a lot... i play on: i5 4690k, gtx 970, 8gb ram, SSD, custom advanced launcher settings and i get 110-120 fps... I also advice you to restart game with every district change... Best just start join straight to district you wanna play on and stay on it
Probably should switch my install to my SSD ;-;

1 hour ago, LusoPT said:
what do you mean? 

+ nobody yet was able to reply to my question, you think we will need to upgrade our machines in the near/mid future, our they will optimize the game to a point where our potatos can run the game easily? 
If u can run the modern games without any freezes or lags u're good with it. If not u oughta replace your hardware.

Yesterday i have see many gms on live server they have say 64 bit ver. From apb incoming.

On 7/25/2018 at 8:40 PM, Evoli said:

Yesterday i have see many gms on live server they have say 64 bit ver. From apb incoming.

why nobody its able to give me a solid response xD

I already saw that x64 its coming... but will it make the game more stable and friendly to low/mid specs PCs? 

4 hours ago, LusoPT said:
why nobody its able to give me a solid response xD

I already saw that x64 its coming... but will it make the game more stable and friendly to low/mid specs PCs? 
On 7/25/2018 at 2:40 PM, Evoli said:

I thought 64 bit APB already exists? It was in one of the blog posts I believe...

Updated DXT settings to match the following rules:
  • 64-bit OS users will no longer have any character or vehicle textures compressed at any time.
  • 32-bit OS users will not have their OWN character and vehicle textures compressed at any time, but all opponents’ character and vehicle textures will be compressed at all times due to 32-bit memory restrictions.

Updated DXT settings to match the following rules:
From this blog post: https://apbreloaded.gamersfirst.com/2011/05/us-east-being-set-up-and-release-of.html 
  Edited by Sergsininia
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, LusoPT said:
thats old af.  im talking about LO changes for 2018-2019

But thanks for the blog link.. gave me some nostalgia.
Well, the post I was replying too, I thought was talking about creating 64 bit versions of the game.

and you're welcome 🙂

On 7/28/2018 at 11:55 PM, Sergsininia said:
Well, the post I was replying too, I thought was talking about creating 64 bit versions of the game.

and you're welcome 🙂
Currently the only form of x64 support APB has is splitting into multiple threads (thus using multiple cores each for their own task). That's not accessing the true bandwidth and performance of a genuine x64 application though.