3 replies to this topic

Exiled Odd

Exiled Odd

Conscript

• Members
  • 219 posts
  • Joined 25-August 11
Introduction & Description

Since i learned that bullets go in the center of your crosshair no matter how much spread default in-game crosshair shows i started looking for so called dot UIs. What i found haven't really suited me so i decided i want to make something by myself inspired by GunRunners (posted here but no DL links), something minimalistic, with custom crosshair that indicates where my bullets will actually go. I based it on default chemical UI, that's why made it greenish and that's what i came up with:

Posted Image

From left you can see numbers which are your current level at the top and total AP at the bottom, next are experience indicators, works just like in default vitals window. It's pretty small i know, but outer diamond is divided into few segments to give idea on progress Inner diamond indicates your current sublevel. (note: you can still hover your mouse cursor to see exact % progress)
After hp bars is number showing your current AP, if it consists of more then one digit it doesn't really look nice and gets cut down. Yet to figure out how to make it look better, for now it looks like it looks, doesn't bother me really.

I've also made variant without experience, total ap and level indicators, even more minimalistic:

Posted Image

I might upgrade it and work a bit on it, don't know how much effort i'm willing to put into it. However if you'd like to have a bit different crosshair, like dot, or different color, let me know i should be able to change it and add another variant. I'm just used to yellow crosshair since Quake3. Default reticule colors also can be changed.

You can contact me in this topic, in game by PMing or messaging Exiledo.

Download

Here's the link:
http://adf.ly/CcGfj
And second one just in case:
http://adf.ly/CctG0

How to install & use

1. Simply download the .zip file and extract it to your Fallen Eearth\skins\ folder.
Note for Steam users: Your fallen earth folder should be localized inside Steam folder, directory path: Steam\steamapps\common\fallen earth f2p
2. Start FE. Make sure your current vitals bar is set to 100% opacity, will be easier to adjust later. Open options window, go to Interface tab and choose new UI skin.
3. Grab crosshair and move it so the crosshair will be in center of your screen. Might be tricky at first but default reticule should help with it a bit.

Hope someone will find it useful. :)

Changes
+ changed xp indicator so it's divided into 10 segments as default one, not very precise but i guess it's best that can be done with diamond shape and small size
- moved hp numbers, i know it's uncommon but if hp is 1000 it might overlap a bit, needs testing i suppose

Edited by satanskizenon, 10 September 2012 - 01:22 PM.

Part of that Power, not understood,
Which always wills the Bad, and always works the Good.

Prophes0r

Prophes0r

Initiate

• Members
  • 19 posts
  • Joined 01-September 12
I like the art style. Kinda wish my art skills were a bit better. Do you find that the vitals area gets in the way being that large?

The best I could come up with was to have the XP bar wrap around the cross-hair to make the area as small as possible, that got me down to 141 wide by 121 pixels tall. Still gets in my way sometimes though.

keep up the good work, competition keeps me hungry =)
Prophes0r

Exiled Odd

Exiled Odd

Conscript

• Members
  • 219 posts
  • Joined 25-August 11

I like the art style. Kinda wish my art skills were a bit better. Do you find that the vitals area gets in the way being that large?

It's just very simple pixel art for vital bars and some basic photoshop stuff, not that much of an art skill really. I'm glad you like it tho.
The size of the bigger one is just like 401 by 38, or something like that, so it's not much of a problem for me. I only had problem with double mouse buttons move, i used to do it often, but for some reason everytime you use both mouse buttons to move forward after you release cursor is in the middle and dragging the whole UI. Which sorta makes sense since you hold left mouse button that's used for dragging windows. Just had to get rid of that habit.

keep up the good work, competition keeps me hungry =)

No competition intended. I just figured that it's worth sharing since i took the effort to make it, more custom UIs the better for community imho. I've seen your UI mod, i think it's great for people who like FPP mode.

Edited by satanskizenon, 06 September 2012 - 08:39 AM.

Part of that Power, not understood,
Which always wills the Bad, and always works the Good.

Prophes0r

Prophes0r

Initiate

• Members
  • 19 posts
  • Joined 01-September 12
Oh I use both 1st and 3rd person. I prefer 3rd but haven't found a camera distance that I'm comfortable with, that does not bump into walls too much.
Prophes0r

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users