• 19 posts
  • Joined 01-September 12
DELETE THIS POST

PROJECT RENAMED
MOVED TO A NEW POST

DELETE THIS POST

New Post
Prophes0r's Cross-hair UI - Functional replacement for the default cross-hair

Edited by Prophes0r, 20 September 2012 - 09:45 AM.

Prophes0r

Soda

Soda

Conscript

• Members
  • 412 posts
  • Joined 14-August 11
This is a very well written and straight to the point article. You should be darn proud of yourself, Sir.

pidian

pidian

pewpew kachew

• Members
  • 662 posts
  • Joined 22-June 11
pretty impressive - both the UI and the how-to

O2eIhBL.png
1st Clone to Step Foot in S4

VampireCosmonaut

VampireCosmonaut

Initiate

• Members
  • 24 posts
  • Joined 24-June 12
How does this UI mod perform with regards to a scope? Does it disappear when you use a scoped rifle?

Prophes0r

Prophes0r

Initiate

• Members
  • 19 posts
  • Joined 01-September 12
Updated with a picture of a scope, and added an easier way to get a rough aim using the scope.

P.S. After getting input from some helpful people in Global1, It occurs to me that I probably should have put the word "cross-hair" in the title of this post to better describe its function to those who don't know what a "Dot UI" is. If a moderator or admin could change the title to

"Prophes0r's Dot UI - Functional replacement for the default cross-hair"

If you cant change it, can you let me know so I can re-post with that name and have this one removed?

Edited by Prophes0r, 05 September 2012 - 05:47 AM.

Prophes0r

Gulaschkanone

Gulaschkanone

Grunt

• Members
  • 85 posts
  • Joined 30-July 12
Looks really good. But plz work on the lvl 55 version. Always a big black bar in the centre where stand==> next Level: 0% :(

Prophes0r

Prophes0r

Initiate

• Members
  • 19 posts
  • Joined 01-September 12
@Gulaschkanone

I actually don't know what it looks like when your xp bar is full. Would removing the orange fill in that ring be enough? That would also remove any tool-tips for xp. which is what I assume you mean by a black box.

The "inner" ring is completely transparent anyway.

Prophes0r

Gulaschkanone

Gulaschkanone

Grunt

• Members
  • 85 posts
  • Joined 30-July 12
yea i think that are tooltips, course the mousecoursor is everytime in the middle while aiming i think. Moving your mousecoursor while aiming, then there is nothing, but when u stop moving your mouse then comes this black box with" Next Level: 0% "
but u will see when u r max lvl. But really good work...

btw there is no more orange fill in the ring when u r max lvl

Edited by Gulaschkanone, 04 September 2012 - 02:50 PM.

Prophes0r

Prophes0r

Initiate

• Members
  • 19 posts
  • Joined 01-September 12
hrm.

For me I get the health tool-tip. I was annoyed at first, now it doesn't bother me.

I think this is what is happening...

There is an image you assign as a background, and images assigned as "bars". The upper left corner of the health "bar" is 1 pixel down and 1 pixel right of the center most pixel. I'm betting when you aim, the mouse cursor is considered "centered" and because if that it is hovering over a spot that has a tool-tip.

This is a simplified image. The red is the actual size of the health bar image. the image is mostly transparent, and has a curved grey patch that sits over the red bar that gets "uncovered" as the grey bar retreats to the left.

Posted Image

The whole image is 141 pixels tall. and the health bar is 69 pixels tall, enough to leave the bottom row of pixels black, and the center line of the cross-hair black. I could make this shorter by 1-2 pixels and see if that moves the center of your cursor far enough away that it doesn't touch it and bring the tool-tip up.

That would create a new problem. The area for the XP bar looks like this.

Posted Image

So if you are using the XP bar, you basically have a choice between getting the tool-tip with your current HP, or a tool-tip with your XP progress. At least the raw HP is useful in combat.

For 55s though. I can just remove the whole XP zone. and move the hp/Stam/Gamma out a few pixels and it should eliminate all tool-tips.

I'll make one for the 55s now. give me 5 minutes.

Prophes0r

Prophes0r

Prophes0r

Initiate

• Members
  • 19 posts
  • Joined 01-September 12
version 1.1 posted See Change log.

Edited by Prophes0r, 05 September 2012 - 05:48 AM.

Prophes0r

Prophes0r

Prophes0r

Initiate

• Members
  • 19 posts
  • Joined 01-September 12
Version 1.2 added
Prophes0r

Prophes0r

Prophes0r

Initiate

• Members
  • 19 posts
  • Joined 01-September 12
It has come to my attention that for many people, my Cross-hair is too large. The goal was to make the smallest POSSIBLE one that provided the minimum needed information so that you wouldn't loose much usable screen space. But I designed the current one to work with my monitors resolution of 1900x1200.

If you run a lot lower than that it will probably be more hindrance than upgrade for you.

So I'm going to release a few more in smaller sizes for those running as smaller resolutions. Drawing the circles and making sure everything lined up to the pixel took the bulk of the time after reading the guide and making a demo version. So expect them later this week. Don't get discouraged if I don't have one you find the right size yet, I'll definitely make more.

Let me know what resolutions you all run at and I'll start working on them.
Prophes0r

Gulaschkanone

Gulaschkanone

Grunt

• Members
  • 85 posts
  • Joined 30-July 12
Yea the lvl 55 work fine. good job! But you are right maybe it´s a little bit to big. I use a resulution of 1366 x 768 on my Laptop. So a smaller on would be nice maybe for a standart resulution of 1280 x 768 or 1280 x 800.

btw since i use your dot UI, every single shoot hit :)

Edited by Gulaschkanone, 04 September 2012 - 10:28 PM.

MICFILLER

MICFILLER

Rabble Rabble Rabble

• Banned
  • 1544 posts
  • Joined 12-August 11
Nicely done.
Tiggs mad.

Prophes0r

Prophes0r

Initiate

• Members
  • 19 posts
  • Joined 01-September 12
Project has been re-named and moved to a new post.

New Post

that is all

Edited by Prophes0r, 06 September 2012 - 07:42 AM.

Prophes0r

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users