illgot

Give players a persistent cross hair option

Here is the issue of not giving players an official persistent cross hair option... players who change their game files to activate this option have an advantage.

Even players like me, who use a third party program to have a dot in the center of their monitor, have an advantage over those that do not.

So why not just make a persistent cross hair and official option in the game?

• Like 3

its already something theyre considering

no eta

5 minutes ago, BXNNXD said:

its already something theyre considering

no eta

nice.  I remember the original team said they did not want to give persistent cross hairs because people would expect their bullets to always hit the center of the cross hairs.  I think gamers know more than 8 years ago.

1 minute ago, illgot said:
nice.  I remember the original team said they did not want to give persistent cross hairs because people would expect their bullets to always hit the center of the cross hairs.  I think gamers know more than 8 years ago.
i think it came up in a conversation about colorblind mode and customizable crosshairs, so the "we're considering these issues" was fairly broad and may not include permanent options, but its likely the closest we'll get for a bit

People using their own crosshairs is not exactly something that they can prevent, unfortunately.  You don't even need a third party program to do it, I remember going to CS 1.6 LAN parties where someone would always have a Sharpie dot or something on their monitor.

Add it to the pile of endlessly suggested, and recreated threads saying exactly this.

Do custom crosshairs give you superpowers or something?

I mean, if your aim is bad, I doubt the crosshair will fix it, just saying.

Here are the informations you lloking for:

Have a nice day...

• Like 1

The only reason why crosshair is disabled while sprinting is to indicate that you're unable to shoot, but since G1 added sprintshooting this makes no sense anymore.

1 minute ago, Dopefish said:

The only reason why crosshair is disabled while sprinting is to indicate that you're unable to shoot, but since G1 added sprintshooting this makes no sense anymore.

Makes it a little harder to aim, which is nice imo. 

1 minute ago, CookiePuss said:
2 minutes ago, Dopefish said:

Makes it a little harder to aim, which is nice imo. 
All it was, was a simple delay between running and shooting. That got removed and the iceskating began.

8 hours ago, JohnNighthawk said:

not super powers but gives a slight advantage while running and snap shooting your target.  I rely on it a lot with a my ACT 44.

It helps if you "need" it, since it requires less coordination to aim faster onto an enemy, but atm it's really just another way to say "i'm bad at Vanilla APB and need a crutch".

14 minutes ago, Noob_Guardian said:

It helps if you "need" it, since it requires less coordination to aim faster onto an enemy, but atm it's really just another way to say "i'm bad at Vanilla APB and need a crutch".

not everyone is a perfect center of the screen god like you.  I'm not even sure if you need cross hairs when you aim or even need your eyes open!!

everyone had different ways of playing, some get a massive advantage from always having cross hairs, some don't.  Which is why it should be an option.

And please give Noob_Guardian an option to permanently have cross hairs turned off.  He really wants this option. Edited by illgot

13 hours ago, illgot said:

Here is the issue of not giving players an official persistent cross hair option... players who change their game files to activate this option have an advantage.

Even players like me, who use a third party program to have a dot in the center of their monitor, have an advantage over those that do not.

So why not just make a persistent cross hair and official option in the game?

Have you changed your apb files?
Do you know what happens if yo do?
you do not seem to be informed properly about this topic

I have a super tiny piece of masking tape I miraculously got perfectly in the middle... I don't know the point of telling this story.

1 hour ago, Archon said:

I have a super tiny piece of masking tape I miraculously got perfectly in the middle... I don't know the point of telling this story.

Reproted to tha bann.

1. Altering the game files to have a permanent crosshair is bannable.
2. Using 3rd party programs that give you a crosshair is bannable. (Overwolf users actually got banned for this on other games a while back and a crosshair plugin for Overwolf was then removed from the Store for that exact reason.)

The game was not intended or designed to have a persistent crosshair, and G1 GMs were pretty clear about that. No idea how LO sees it, but ... yeah.

13 hours ago, JohnNighthawk said:

Custom crosshairs are perfect for jump-shooting HS3 HVRs ;) Edited by Sniperturtle

8 hours ago, illgot said:
not everyone is a perfect center of the screen god like you.  I'm not even sure if you need cross hairs when you aim or even need your eyes open!!

everyone had different ways of playing, some get a massive advantage from always having cross hairs, some don't.  Which is why it should be an option.

And please give Noob_Guardian an option to permanently have cross hairs turned off.  He really wants this option.
Like you said, using it can give people a massive advantage over players who don't use it. Which is why they aren't much allowed or are a grey are, and playing with the perm crosshairs is an advantage. It's one thing if LO does implement them perm one day, until then vanilla is the way to go. Quite frankly i would love custom crosshair options even if they aren't perm visible. But I also know that I don't need to have a perm visible crosshair to aim at an enemy, and it barely changes much for me when i do play. But like I said, if you need the crutch i can't stop you. I've already done that btw, its called high mag scope 😉 It's a great way to learn your center screen and get better. Edited by Noob_Guardian

10 hours ago, CookiePuss said:
Reproted to tha bann.
421892978169217025.png

they were officially banned . if they are in the game they must be made by developers and available to everyone .