Uru!

rebranding and/or the future retention of new players

3 hours ago, Seedy said:

The King is Dead.

still here actually, please don’t kill me off like some extra

8 hours ago, Captain Teemo said:
other than @tennogrineer and @sergsininia being too smart for these forums (seriously).... i think for a true fresh perspective on the game, they have to fix the issues first. its current state, they have a plan and it's just a matter of prioritizing and keeping us updated. Matt Scott seems to be doing both.

Hold on while I sit here, and applaud myself for 2 minutes, then go back to being an APB Fame nice lady... Seeker.

I'm not really smart, just opinions with evidence, and ideas to back them up.

edit:
I forgot the forums had a censor for some words... is the word that sounds like horse banned, while to defecate or perform a sexual act with oneself/another not? Edited by Sergsininia

I'd like to see the game go back to being called All Points Bulletin and just kick that "Reloaded" bit off the title.  Reloaded Productions doesn't exist anymore so there's no reason to keep the name of the old studio tacked onto the title.  I hope that whenever they alter the intro movie they take on the graffiti style for their logo like RTW, EA, Reloaded and G1 have done.  

I'd like to see their twist on these.
?interpolation=lanczos-none&output-formaimages?q=tbn:ANd9GcQ5jubPFvY42sZhUlZHbqi
game-in-scotland-2012-reloaded-productio02f5a9e65b14e92e5622cb5b18c9ae52.jpg

Edited by BrandonBranderson
  • Like 1

How to get new players: Put everyone who is bronze and < Rank 60 (or some) in green district if they join from the default district select screen.

Bring more awareness to the advanced district select screen.
(In other words, flood the currently unused green districts with bambis)

As an extra bit of spice, remove players who reach silver from the district if their total account playtime is > 120 hours. Add a nice on-screen notification that within 5 minutes they will be removed from the district, and that they are welcome to return there if they get back to bronze threat, using the advanced district selection menu.

Edited by Sniperturtle

16 hours ago, Similarities said:

I agree with you, the current issue is most definitely player retention and probably less to do with recruiting new players

I agree,that is a very big problem, i see a lot of new players, even though i play in silver districts, but they don't seem to stick around much. I personally blame the matchmaking system, the dethreat exploit and the lack of a good tutorial for that. If you ask me, i'd consider putting a video tutorial explainig the game and maybe the individual weapon's mechanics (kind of like league does with the champion spoilers) to make it easier to understand.
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Kamo said:
19 hours ago, Similarities said:

I agree with you, the current issue is most definitely player retention and probably less to do with recruiting new players

I agree,that is a very big problem, i see a lot of new players, even though i play in silver districts, but they don't seem to stick around much. I personally blame the matchmaking system, the dethreat exploit and the lack of a good tutorial for that. If you ask me, i'd consider putting a video tutorial explainig the game and maybe the individual weapon's mechanics (kind of like league does with the champion spoilers) to make it easier to understand.
Not only that, but some guiding popups for new accounts. Sure they're annoying to veteran players, but they'd certainly help new players find everything much easier.
  • Like 1

20 hours ago, BXNNXD said:

calm down, orbit has to actually change the game failry massively before any rebranding/advertising otherwise people will come back just to see the same issues and leave for good again

I don't know how you have a different signature every time I refresh, but I like it.

8 minutes ago, scaredofsnakes said:
I don't know how you have a different signature every time I refresh, but I like it.
me too

12 hours ago, Sergsininia said:
Hold on while I sit here, and applaud myself for 2 minutes, then go back to being an APB Fame nice lady... Seeker.

I'm not really smart, just opinions with evidence, and ideas to back them up.

edit:
I forgot the forums had a censor for some words... is the word that sounds like horse banned, while to defecate or perform a sexual act with oneself/another not?
Norse?

SKYRIM BELONGS TO THE NORDS !!!!!

1 hour ago, Fortune Runner said:
Norse?

SKYRIM BELONGS TO THE NORDS !!!!!
LONG LIVE THE STORMCLOAKS!!