Isais

Incentive golds to be golds

19 hours ago, IROCkiller said:

True, note to self don't post tired lol

I have to disagree with this. This is basically segregation, and we had that. It resulted in mass dethreating.

G1 tried a couple of things, from reducing rewards to full on segregation where you couldn't join a district below your threatlevel.
I believe they even considered a health/damage debuff for joining a district below your level.

The only real solution is to remove district select altogether and change to a more MMORPG style approach using "channels".
Put all the players in one big pool and let the matchmaking system pick from there.

If your opposition is in a different channel then all that needs to happen is for your (or their) channel to change.
Should be doable without loading screens (after all the map is already loaded), only thing you need to be careful about is a potential increase in load (both on client and server) because the players around you do change as you switch channels, which means reloading their textures, symbols, cars, music, ...

PROs:
- matchmaking can now select from entire playerbase (that's playing the same map) instead of just 40 players
- no more joining silver/bronze districts to stomp on noobs
- no more whining about trying to join full districts
- might actually make it viable to have player groups > 4 (though campspots might become a real issue)

CONS:
- dethreating still possible
- might increase load on server/client as customizations need to be loaded for characters, vehicles, music, ... each time you switch channel

5 JT per match with opposition, 10 JT win bonus

5 matches played with opposition get some joker box with random rewards like 5x a consumable, a bundle or carious consumables, a larger amount of JTs, small chance for 25 G1C, smaller chance for a contact nano, even smaller chance for 100 G1C

And make if for anyone fighting in their proper threat district(or higher potentially), not just to incentivize golds.

- Remove all districts except fc, open conflict and social.
- Lock Cookiepuss in social district.

Edited by Defibrillator

1 hour ago, Defibrillator said:

- Lock Cookiepuss in social district.

Plz no, Ive been trying to spend as little time as possible there.

On 7/23/2018 at 10:00 PM, BXNNXD said:

sounds good to me

altho i think the JT store will need to have more attractive options for this to really have an effect

Like a battle royale mode

2 hours ago, CookiePuss said:
Plz no, Ive been trying to spend as little time as possible there.

I see we've switched places, I spend most of my time in social now, unfortunately, due to the floods occurring all over the mid-east coast, I can't really play mission districts because of having to go afk randomly to stop my house from flooding. 😂

36 minutes ago, scaredofsnakes said:
Like a battle royale mode
you want them to sell battle royale mode for joker tickets?

I think a good way to incentivize people to be Gold threat is to have some sort of gold-only seasonal league. Could make the rewards JT, consumables, Joker Boxes, or something.

On 7/23/2018 at 7:05 PM, speee said:

Gold threat is a joke to be honest. And there is not the population to sustain even a single gold district alongside a silver one. 

actually there is now.....

Barely ..... but there is

I suppose we could arrange to meet in gold at certain hours each day for now to entice the others to come in as well until they take the hint and stay there
we used to do this and it somewhat worked but then the pop dropped and it got boring but now it might work again Edited by Fortune Runner
Edit to add info I forgot to add

4 hours ago, Fortune Runner said:
actually there is now.....

Barely ..... but there is

I suppose we could arrange to meet in gold at certain hours each day for now to entice the others to come in as well until they take the hint and stay there
we used to do this and it somewhat worked but then the pop dropped and it got boring but now it might work again
I can assure you, at least on Jericho, there is not enough people to sustain even a single silver action district throughout the day.

thats why I said if we arrange to meet up at certain hours

We did this on Jericho a few years ago and it worked good enough

Then G1 pulled what it did and it went to blehville

On 7/24/2018 at 10:04 AM, Noob_Guardian said:

You mean make golds be golds by removing lowyields from the game? Couldn't be a better idea.

If that were true all these nerds claiming rank doesn't matter would be wrong. 

Before there were threat segregated districts, there were districts with no threat lock or association.

Anybody and everybody joined whatever district had the most players in it; you saw threat 15 and threat 1.

Providing a locked area for the lowest threat players to only play against each other does not incentivize them to improve or provide the kind of opposition that would facilitate improvement.

Additionally, the 50v50 districts allowed for a greater diversity of opposition, and the limit on mission sizes made diverse threat teams struggle more than they might since more backup cannot be called.

As a new player, it never bothered me to be playing people vastly more skilled because playing against them I learned more about the game. 

Remove segregation and increase mission sizes!

On 7/24/2018 at 1:43 PM, IROCkiller said:
I assume in your version of threat silvers can join silver and gold districts, not bronze? Basically you've just shifted the problem from bronze districts to silver districts.
Hey IROC, just played a lot yesterday, and a lot of matches had a green/bronze on my team, on silver districts. Like, why are greens on silver districts playing againt golds, when they can't even reach bronze... I added one of them and he left when the mission was ending, and he did not come back yet lol...