Yilow

APB: BAD OPTIMIZATION ?

So ive had this problem for long and i don't know why , i started playing the game on Ultra and ive had 30fps , then swithed to low and i still had 30fps , went to minimal and 30fps is still there !
ive downloaded Advanced launcher recently and messed around with some of the texture i set them to the lowest possible (till the contacts look like a potato) and geuss what ? Still have ****ing 30fps
now im sure i don't have an fps limit cause i rarely hit 45fps randomly , so is this just for me or apb got a bad optimization?

i5-3230M 2.60Hz
Ram 6Gb
gpu Nvidia Geforce 800m / intel 4000HD

Edited by Yilow

6 minutes ago, Yilow said:

i5-3230M 2.60Hz      <<<<<<<<<<<<<
Ram 6Gb
gpu Nvidia Geforce 800m / intel 4000HD    <

there lies your problem, the amount of arrows indicates the importance of the pc component.
apb is really cpu dependant, likes high clock speeds and high clock speed ram, along with it being really unoptimized. Edited by 悲しい春

You also forgot to mention that he has only 6GB RAM - Best minimum RAM is 4GB. Fact is that RAM is quite essential to have at least 8GB of it , that requirements is slowly moving to 16GB.

If you haven't noticed by now, it's possible that your RAM usage is being maxed out and therefore being throttled on how much memory some applications can use, this in turns affect the performance of applications that require large amount of RAM such as APB:R.  APB:R was famous for having memory leaks at some point as it's garbage collection was (garbage, lol).

I'd highly recommend getting 2 sticks of 4GB x 2 RAM so you get Dual channel intergration. I'd also mention that a CPU such as the i5-6600k is sitting at a decent price rn and would suggest upgrading to it, this does also mean you'll need to change your moterboard too.

Also, while GPU horsepowers makes no difference once you go above a certain point of it (possible a card like GTX 1060 or so, i'm unsure) as it will have diminishing returns on this game and make it potentially worthless. I have a GTX 1080Ti and it makes 0 difference in terms of optimization. I'd suggest getting an AMD card or a cheap Nvidia card such as the 1050ti or RX equivalent. This will help you in both APB and every other game you play.

TL:DR
- RAM Is shit upgrade to 8GB
- CPU is even worse, upgrade it
- New GPU mate sub £200 or so

• Like 1

Graphics make little difference to fps when compared to resolution, make sure youve lowered your res.
But yeah, 2.6 aint fast  

• Like 1

All the peeps suggesting this guy upgrade, I should point out, the "i5 3230M" in his post means he's running a laptop. There'll be no upgrading for that....

• Like 2

32 bit programs are always un optimized anyhow

• Like 1

Not much you can do, this game will always run inconsistently even on mid range gaming pcs... 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Desmila said:

You also forgot to mention that he has only 6GB RAM - Best minimum RAM is 4GB. Fact is that RAM is quite essential to have at least 8GB of it , that requirements is slowly moving to 16GB.

If you haven't noticed by now, it's possible that your RAM usage is being maxed out and therefore being throttled on how much memory some applications can use, this in turns affect the performance of applications that require large amount of RAM such as APB:R.  APB:R was famous for having memory leaks at some point as it's garbage collection was (garbage, lol).

I'd highly recommend getting 2 sticks of 4GB x 2 RAM so you get Dual channel intergration. I'd also mention that a CPU such as the i5-6600k is sitting at a decent price rn and would suggest upgrading to it, this does also mean you'll need to change your moterboard too.

Also, while GPU horsepowers makes no difference once you go above a certain point of it (possible a card like GTX 1060 or so, i'm unsure) as it will have diminishing returns on this game and make it potentially worthless. I have a GTX 1080Ti and it makes 0 difference in terms of optimization. I'd suggest getting an AMD card or a cheap Nvidia card such as the 1050ti or RX equivalent. This will help you in both APB and every other game you play.

TL:DR
- RAM Is shit upgrade to 8GB
- CPU is even worse, upgrade it
- New GPU mate sub £200 or so

Its laptop....

My laptop i5-5200u, 8gb ram, and geforce 840m 2gb getting about 50-60+ fps only where is allot smoke it drops to 30.

Edited by valdas001
Make more sense :D
  • Like 1

have you tried turning it off and on again?

• Like 1

Dont buy a intel processor.
problem solved.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Nite said:

All the peeps suggesting this guy upgrade, I should point out, the "i5 3230M" in his post means he's running a laptop. There'll be no upgrading for that....

Depending on the laptop, you actually can upgrade your processor. 
I have a Dell Inspiron N5110 (2012 model if you're wondering) running an i5 2450m @ 2.6 GHz
It can be upgraded to the i7 2(something)7(something)m

I just don't want to spend $100 on a laptop that's 6 years old.
4 hours ago, Yilow said:

i5-3230M 2.60Hz
Ram 6Gb
gpu Nvidia Geforce 800m / intel 4000HD

I'd recommend you give the Advanced Launcher a shot. You can turn down or disable smoke (be careful as you can't see your car on fire, or grenades blowing up in front of you, so make sure your headphones work really well.
  • Like 1