XXXXXXXXXXX

Make APB fun to play.

ITT: people post walls of text at a man who refuses to read any of them

headshots would require a complete rebalance for APB, instant grenade kills at one point existed only for conc grenades and was removed for good reason.

APB is in a fine balanced state with only a few changes being necessary. Most F2P weapons are balanced and the only really sub par ones would be several Armas ones which are getting rebalanced slightly.

At one point I thought headshots would be great! But then you ever get behind cover and get shot over it with no body parts showing because your hitbox is still over it? Yeah, that would count as a headshot. So no, i can't agree with headshots in APB, not only due to balancing issues, but also due to the lack of cover height EVERYWHERE to protect your character.

Every time the game is played well,  will receive this. Can put out a silent system。My English is poor

2wbt3wk.png

9 hours ago, 23k said:
You got no real counter arguments. I all i did was post solid solutions to fix majority of the games problems.
The Burden of proof is on you my dude.
You're coming at everyone with an idea that is contrary to the status quo.

You're argument is just not convincing enough. Edited by UubeNubeh DaWog

On 7/23/2018 at 7:29 PM, Pedroxin said:

remove car detonator too 

No. you must learn from your mistakes . even if I did not look through all the parameters of opponents and got under the detonator - more me on this joke you will not catch .

5 hours ago, UubeNubeh DaWog said:
The Burden of proof is on you my dude.
You're coming at everyone with an idea that is contrary to the status quo.

You're argument is just not convincing enough.
Okay, lets be realistic lets say LO implements the headshot system and optimizes everything around it, hitboxes that already need to be reworked either way, mods, weapons etc. Would it make APB worse to play?  Would it make APB less fun to play? lets be realistic, someone like Banned and these other guys they're not doing anything positive to promote this game's health, they want the game to be at the same broken state as it always been. The headshot change would not hurt the game in fact it would benefit the game the players would adapt to it and find interesting ways to make new plays also it would bring in new players.  On top of that the driving has to be fixed it's the worst driving probably ever created in the history of games it's absolutely terrible. Lets face it the players are like wives trapped in abusive relationship where they remain silent and pretend everything is okay or they leave but keep coming back to the abuse that's how they act with this game. The cars feel sluggish some feel like paper cars like cisco, other cars feel like they're loaded with ton of bricks like vegas, the handling is horrible theres got be a fix for this, instead people like Banned and these other members who don't care for the health of this game just trying to bury the problems and pretend they don't exist, that doesn't work,  you can't just shovel dirt on problems and pretend everything is okay.

Jebus117 6 years ago#4
apbdb.com

That site has stats for all the weapons, including shots to kill. Keep in mind that there are quite a few unreleased/test weapons in there as well. But I don't think any gun takes a whole mag to kill someone, so long as you're accurate and don't try to use your weapon outside its effective range (i.e. tying to snipe someone with a shotgun).

Oh and I should also point out that shots do the same damage regardless of where they hit. So there are no headshots. Getting shot in the toe will hurt just as much as getting shot between the eyes.

XBL GT: Atticus
ngoster (Topic Creator)6 years ago#5
That's kinda lame, no hs. Anyways imma download the game and see whats up, thanks for the info.

Posted by
u/WereBoar
Joker | Enforcer
3 years ago
How does damage work?

Damage from guns seems to be completely random, being able to kill someone with a PMG in 3 shots from far away or being able to kill them in more but they're closer which doesn't make sense to me. This could even happen before they've been damaged. And what is the difference between Hard damage and Health damage?

Sort by
Wolf__girl
Patriot | Enforcer
3 points · 3 years ago
Also, its worth mentoning all players have the same single hitbox, so headshots etc. are irrelivant.
WereBoar
Joker | Enforcer
6 points · 3 years ago
Wait, what? The player is just a single big hitbox? That's absurd.

a comment i found on ign apb site

NiGHTS88 said:
Yeah, I heard about the game's failure a few months ago. Apparently it is incredibly imbalanced and disappointingly shallow; the game did not get much market exposure, either.
They didn't even have hitboxes to allow for headshots. A shot from the same gun does the same damage on every part of the body.

then it got replied with 😄 it's a joke.

https://steamcommunity.com/app/113400/discussions/0/619574421474580527/

https://steamcommunity.com/app/113400/discussions/0/2183537632739721929/

https://steamcommunity.com/app/113400/discussions/0/540741131081304010/ i could've given you a lot more steam topics if LO didn't wipe all the previous steam posts and started fresh...

https://forums.mmorpg.com/discussion/280787/how-can-this-be-a-shooter-without-hitboxes-or-headshots

I'm sorry if this thumbnail is offesnsive to somebody, you can direct your blame to ZombieBiscuit with her/his poor choices of picking thumbnails...

I'm sorry if this thumbnail is offesnsive to somebody, you can direct your blame to ZombieBiscuit with her/his poor choices of picking thumbnails...

look at the first clip mainly.

if somebody makes a video like that it just show how unbalanced the game alredy is...

Banned you always talk about hit reg and how adding headshot would need to rework hit reg, that's a good thing because apb always needed a rework in hit reg not only the that whole game needs to be fixed because g1 never cared about anything but joker boxes, headshots would give you another reason to fix the hit reg.

vehicle hit boxes is a joke aswell... Sometimes with a car you get gently pushed and die at other times you can run in to some players at full speed somehow they don't die  the car just pushes them away, flaws like these makes this game already in dire need for a change. As far as cars go i want to direct you to this thread this is a man with a bright thinking and has high hopes for a change that is needed in this game, his ideas must be heard it will really improve driving in this game not only driving music aswell i also like his comments on crouch options. -
also add this

make an option to shoot without your head being out, blind fire it wouldn't be as accurate but still effective as you move cover to cover. On top of that add quality reload animtaions where you actually see mag getting replaced, Another thing having your primary gun on your back when you use your secondary weapon.
  Edited by 23k

to make more available modifications, to improve the balance of matchmaking-I only need this .

I love you too children .

Edited by Yood

23k , are you from the United States ?

15 minutes ago, -Dan- said:

Another Problem this game has is the unhealthy amount of anime trash there is. It's true but it's not the only problem this game has.

30 minutes ago, 23k said:
47 minutes ago, -Dan- said:

Another Problem this game has is the unhealthy amount of anime trash there is. It's true but it's not the only problem this game has.
Thats just the youth really you see it in many really. Can't blame them either since culture is pretty much spoonfeeding it to them by overcommercializing other forms of entertainment to the point it loses its interesting parts. If it wasn't anime, it'd be cartoons, it has been for years. Calling them trash is going a bit far really, just because you dislike them doesn't give you the right to portray them as bad people or less worthy of respect. I'm not a fan of the weeb, but hey, theres a saying for this, whatever floats your boat man I got stuff others might dislike which I very much appreciate any person does really unless youve let yourself become an empty shell.

Those comments you posted, a guy pointing out a PMG can kill you in 3 shots over long range, completely absurd. He obviously hasn't learned the game yet, so his comments are quite irrelevant. Headshot mechanics are such a common thing, that the average shooter guy will expect it in any shooter he starts up. I bet most of us, me alike, questioned at some point when they were new, how come theres no headshots? And think to themselves during a mission, FFS! I wouldve had him with a headshot there, rekt his skull right then and there. But once you really get into APB you start seeing why it wouldnt work out as well as in other games, mostly because of the MMO aspects of it (Mission design, map design, gun design etc). And that it doesn't actually need it, because the way guns work right now, in the current game, makes it tactical. If you can master your gun, youve got a small window of time you need at certain distances to kill someone, that is entirely what you play around, your kill window with the weapon used. It not realistic at all, it is non-intiunitive entirely and it is not easy to learn. But it is a heck of a lot of fun once you start learning it. This is what most APB players have come to appreciate.
These were all observations based on the game-design of APB and its niche place in the shooter market.

Now for the mechanics part. Yes, APB's hitboxes are utter shit, theyre so simplistic it has a heavy influence on the way the game has to be played. But like others and I alike frequently mentioned, it is like that for a reason, a proper one. It is an MMO, with an immense ammount of custimozed rendering going on at all times when a district is full. A lot of animations and sounds, and of course, a lot of bullets going back and forth. Ill try and put this into a simple formula for you. Imagine 1 calculation is needed for each bullet aimed towards a hitbox since the hitreg is pretty much like laser tag rather than working with projectile based mechanics (appart from the actuall projectile based weapons of course). When a player dies, he or she mustve taken on average about 6-7 hits, raising it above the average 5-6 needed to kill with most weapons, because theres a lot of shots regenerated, with lower damage due to damage dropoff and not raising it much because the opposite is in play as well, 1-3shot weapons like explosives and snipers. That is a max of 6 calculations per player per death on average (I am sure this is not how APB is programmed though, surely theres more going on). How many players will die per minute in a full district (80). Educated guess, with a maximum of 10 missions going on at once (based on a 3-4 player mission on average), and an average death count of 10 per player per 20min mission, itd come down to (10*4*10)/20= 80 deaths per minute on max in this hypothetical. 80*6=480 calculations on average necessary for all these deaths, per minute. 
The numbers are most likely way higher, and the formulas way more complex than what I just described, however 480 calculations per minute is already 8 calculations per second.
Now like I mentioned, this setup is way too simplistic to be true, it is a formula reaching no further than ((a*b*c)/d)*e per minute. Adding any letter to the formula will increase it quite a bit. This is why some things in APB are so simple, like its hitbox, it needs to be made in a calculation saving way, because of the huge ammount of server communication required for more complex mechanics.

If the engine is upgraded, they can most likely achieve a lot more with APB and add more complexity to it. Untill then, not without making the game unplayable. Edited by Slickmund

I'm not quoting your whole post, since it's massive.

However, right in the first few sentences, you mention "what if APB was reworked around headshots?"

This is in contrast to what you were originally proposing, in regards to just adding headshots and upping grenade damage to one shot, also.

Our argument was based on not being able to just add headshots for various, explained reasons.

Do you know how much work it would take to completely revamp everything to incorporate headshots?

Everything, like you suggested, would have to be reworked around headshots. Is this a bad idea? Well, sort of. It might work, but you'd have to undo everything that has been done up to this point and completely change the feeling of the gameplay and game's flow in order to do so. Not to mention the problems head shots would cause with the various character heights you can choose. It wouldn't be consistent and everyone would redesign their character to be as short as possible. Not only that, the complexity of the player's hitbox would increase, so a system would have to be designed around that, too.

Furthermore, the maps would have to be designed to incorporate more cover and more complexity to ensure the open areas aren't completely barren, otherwise that part of the map will be down to who sees who first and who shoots first. That's not really that "tactical".

It's just not a simple change, nor an improvement to the game.

Edited by Kempington

5 minutes ago, Kempington said:

However, right in the first few sentences, you mention "what if APB was reworked around headshots?"

This is in contrast to what you were originally proposing, in regards to just adding headshots and upping grenade damage to one shot, also.

Our argument was based on not being able to just add headshots for various, explained reasons.

Do you know how much work it would take to completely revamp everything to incorporate headshots?

Everything, like you suggested, would have to be reworked around headshots. Is this a bad idea? Well, sort of. It might work, but you'd have to undo everything that has been done up to this point and completely change the feeling of the gameplay and game's flow in order to do so. Not to mention the problems head shots would cause with the various character heights you can choose. It wouldn't be consistent and everyone would redesign their character to be as short as possible. Not only that, the complexity of the player's hitbox would increase, so a system would have to be designed around that, too.

C'mon my man you got to be kidding me? you act like everything flew over your head... The game is already at the sate that it needs to be reworked it has a lot of flaws already regardless of headshots and you got to fix those problems regardless of headshots... Headshots just give you another reason to rework and improve already broken system. Edited by 23k

1 hour ago, 23k said:
1 hour ago, Kempington said:

C'mon my man you got to be kidding me? you act like everything flew over your head... The game is already at the sate that it needs to be reworked it has a lot of flaws already regardless of headshots and you got to fix those problems regardless of headshots... Headshots just give you another reason to rework already broken system.
The thing is man, i showed you the people who took time to show how the game is broken, they took time because it really got to them... Now imagine the players who don't have enough patience to make and upload videos about how broken the game is the new player and other players what they do? they just say F*** IT, they get tired of dealing with the bs of the game, So they quit and that's when the pop of the game drops. The fact is G1 never took good care of the game it shows, They were just shoving joker boxes down the players throats. You can try to hide the game's flaws but overtime they're still going to pop up, you got face them and fix them. This game is never going out of this dirt if we keep pretending everything is ok. Edited by 23k

51 minutes ago, 23k said:
The thing is man, i showed you the people who took time to show how the game is broken, they took time because it really got to them... Now imagine the players who don't have enough patience to make and upload videos about how broken the game is the new player and other players what they do? they just say F*** IT, they get tired of dealing the bs of the game and they quit and that's when the pop of the game drops. The fact is G1 never took good care of the game it shows, They were just shoving boxes down the players throats. You can try to hide the game's flaw but overtime they're still going to pop up you got face them and in fix them. This game is never going out of this dirt if we keep pretending everything is ok.
The small group of players that are still playing are the ones who recognize the potential that this game could have under the right managment. The players they become used to this constant bs of the game, the lag, the hit reg, the server problems,  the matchmaking, overall unbalanced game they become used to it, they start to think it's normal, they begin to think that's how it should be, when in reality it's not, things got to change. Majority of the players act like sheep they're afraid to stand up and try to give ideas that could improve the game, they're afraid that other players will think negatively of them it's like crabs in a bucket one crab tries to do something other crabs just pull him down. Lets face it, majority of the veteran players don't give a f*** about the new players in missions, after they lose they just bash the new players because the new player couldn't meet their expectations for the mission, so what does the new player do? he says f*** i'm not going to deal with this bs everybody constantly trying to put a blame on me for not playing like a pro when i just started the game. And the thing is the new players didn't come to a gold district to play with the veterans, it's the veterans who came to a lower rank district, and the veterans complain about having low skilled mates and what they do? they push the lower rank players out of their own district that's the best case scenerio, the worst case they push them out of the game, that's in it self is ludicrous. Edited by 23k

If the players think the game is ok at this stage and it has no problems it's either

A) They don't play the game
B) They play the game but they only come to social to just talk with other people and hold hands with all other female characters.
C) They play the game but they get used to the constant bs that this game has, so they begin to believe that it's normal.

Edited by 23k

But 23k, isn't that know as adapting? I mean the game has some great moments and is fun. What you're proposing is not just adapting to the current system and letting them sort out the remaining issues, but completely redoing everything from scratch which would take much longer, then forcing everyone to get used to that.

You can't have it both ways.

• Thanks 2

New mode:40 vs 40(crims vs enf)with capture points/items on the map(mode instead of open conflict,idk how was anarchy..also maybe this Riot mode LO said is somethin similar)I think is good idea 4 now when matchmaking is broken and nothing new to do in this game.We gonna play fun massive matches and not already boring to death 2vs2,3vs3,4vs4 unbalanced most cases
p.s. this can be the new summer event 🤨

Edited by BingoBookBG

58 minutes ago, Kempington said:

But 23k, isn't that know as adapting? I mean the game has some great moments and is fun. What you're proposing is not just adapting to the current system and letting them sort out the remaining issues, but completely redoing everything from scratch which would take much longer, then forcing everyone to get used to that.

You can't have it both ways.

Alright Kemp, this is you, a guy who has been playing the game since 2011 a guy who has countless hours clocked in the game, a guy who knows this game in and out a max rank gold. And here you refuse to play against 3 max rank golds because you know you're going to get your a** kicked and you don't want to stress over it. Now a silver or a bronze with a few days of experience gets matched up against 3 players like that and they get completely destroyed, you think they're going to press k again? or are they simply just going to press esc and quit apb you think new silver and bronze players don't get discouraged like you just did here? The fact is apb's bad moments outweigh the good moments, a lot of players start the game in a good mood and leave being pissed.

here is another video of you having some great and fun moments. You think the new players don't feel the same anger when they play? they just give up when they get matched up against high rank gold for 10th time.

You only get fun out of this is when you're the one at the top and not the one getting your a** kicked. The whole game already needs to be reworked. Right now the main thing that shines in APB is the customization, everything else is a competition of who sucks more the combat or the driving? the server or the matchmaking or the bs spawns? Everything needs to be reworked either way. Headshots just add another reason of why it needs to be reworked, the system is already broken and needs a rework regardless of the headshots. Edited by 23k

How has this thread not been locked yet

On 7/23/2018 at 4:16 PM, 23k said:
On 7/23/2018 at 3:59 PM, CookiePuss said:
Percs suck and only bad players use them (outside of LTL loadouts).
If you are losing cuz opp has percs, thats on you my guy.
 I'm not losing to no percs "Percs suck and only bad players use them" that's the point when players use them they usually getting trashed in chat and recieve hate people that use them it's not helping them with their skill it's sloppy way to kill, there is no need for percs they hold no real value to the game.
I've mained percs for 4 years and here is why. It pisses people off, they do instant often decisive damage in CQC as your enemy ducks corners or when you only manage to get half your sidearm shots on them, it pisses people off, they are weaker than every other nade and half the time you end up popping one on yourself because lag is bad and I find that funny as hell most of the time.

2 minutes ago, indi said:

How has this thread not been locked yet

Oh alright, when i show the true state of apb now you want the thread to be locked? typical b**** s***...

Bruh, matchmaking has nothing to do with headshots, and headshots would not fix matchmaking, therefore there is no need to completely change the game. You are a complete psycho lunatic, whose grabbin aeverything that might potentionaly support his clearly idiotic ideology, but you are only embarrasing yourself this way. 
The way how u attacked Kelpington only shows how screwed you are.

Edited by AxeTurboAgresor