XXXXXXXXXXX

Make APB fun to play.

Sounds like you want to APB to be exactly like Fortnite. Just go play that instead.

That perspective is wrong though. Pay2win has become a popular term and therefore you will see it flying about no matter what. Like I mentioned before, headshots mechanics would change APB from a fast paced, tactical shooter. To a bad TPS mmo. That's all there is to it. It won't balance a thing because there will just be a new meta, and surely some armas weapons will still be called pay2win after that. 
Reason why the Pay2Win doesn't fly in APB is quite simple really, the guns with the best meta, are the HVR and NTEC, which are both F2P guns. Most gun classes are dominated by the F2P weapons.

12 minutes ago, CookiePuss said:
LTL + percs is viable af tho

That's a easy way out you gain no skill from it. Adapt to hit those 2 shots. LTL percs is no excuse i can use percs with hvr but i don't, I take 2 clean shot and actually gain some aiming skill from it. Still percs holds no real value to the game majority of people don't even use it if they do they get bashed in chat.
6 minutes ago, Kiida said:

Sounds like you want to APB to be exactly like Fortnite. Just go play that instead.

I don't play Fortnite. Edited by 23k

1 minute ago, 23k said:
12 minutes ago, CookiePuss said:
LTL + percs is viable af tho

That's a easy way out you gain no skill from it. Adapt to hit those 2 shots. LTL percs is no excuse i can use percs with hvr but i don't, I take 2 clean shot and actually gain some aiming skill from it. Still percs holds no real value to the game majority of people don't even use it if they do they get bashed in chat.
PIG reload is slow, so percing is faster, thats why people do it. Also because it is easier to hit, but mainly the reload speed. Combining perc with HVR as a quickswitch option would not be wise. The time the perc needs to travel unless youre right in someones face, you couldve already shot him with your pistol. Also the perc you can dodge quite easily in most scenarios, if not, youre caught with you pants down, or youre so dead on close your enemy will take a hit from it as well. This'll be the last time I bring this up though: No one should ever care for things like these to be bashed on in chat. Theres always gonna be shittalk, about pretty much anything, it can't be prevented.

8 minutes ago, Slickmund said:

That perspective is wrong though. Pay2win has become a popular term and therefore you will see it flying about no matter what. Like I mentioned before, headshots mechanics would change APB from a fast paced, tactical shooter. To a bad TPS mmo. That's all there is to it. It won't balance a thing because there will just be a new meta, and surely some armas weapons will still be called pay2win after that. 
Reason why the Pay2Win doesn't fly in APB is quite simple really, the guns with the best meta, are the HVR and NTEC, which are both F2P guns. Most gun classes are dominated by the F2P weapons.

If there was hs in the game then there would be no way for someone to say that some gun is op or pay 2 win simply because every gun would have a chance to finish you, it would all come down to you making the shot. Edited by 23k

17 minutes ago, 23k said:
I'm not saying any gun is op but the headshot solution would change the new players perspective of "pay2win" and "op" guns.
lol no

1 minute ago, CookiePuss said:
18 minutes ago, 23k said:
I'm not saying any gun is op but the headshot solution would change the new players perspective of "pay2win" and "op" guns.
lol no
Why not?

6 minutes ago, 23k said:

If there was hs in the game then there would be no way for someone to say that some gun is op or pay 2 win simply because every gun would have a chance to finish you, it would all come down to you making the shot.
Thats where you're wrong. Right now, the time to kill is based on (Accuracy + Accuracy dropoff over range + Accuracy maintained over Rate of Fire + Damage carried over range). With headshots, that tactical part of it will disappear. Have you ever played CSGO? You only see the AK there, with a reason. Best for headshotting, decent damage/accuracy/rof for body shots if headshot is missed. Your ideas of adding headshots, is not possible with the current game mechanics firstly, hitboxes will not improve to that extend I can guarentee you that. Secondly, it would fundamentally switch the game from a tactical shooter, to a common HS hunting game like the rest of the shooters.
Not to mention HS mechanics would just strong arm cheating, making it more viable and therefore most likely more common again. Edited by Slickmund

8 minutes ago, Slickmund said:
14 minutes ago, 23k said:

If there was hs in the game then there would be no way for someone to say that some gun is op or pay 2 win simply because every gun would have a chance to finish you, it would all come down to you making the shot.
Thats where you're wrong. Right now, the time to kill is based on (Accuracy + Accuracy dropoff over range + Accuracy maintained over Rate of Fire + Damage carried over range). With headshots, that tactical part of it will disappear. Have you ever played CSGO? You only see the AK there, with a reason. Best for headshotting, decent damage/accuracy/rof for body shots if headshot is missed. Your ideas of adding headshots, is not possible with the current game mechanics firstly, hitboxes will not improve to that extend I can guarentee you that. Secondly, it would fundamentally switch the game from a tactical shooter, to a common HS hunting game like the rest of the shooters.
It's ironic CSGO has AWP and AK as main weapons and APB has hvr and n-tec. You make it seem like it's easy to headshot it would be harder for people to headshot in APB then in CSGO simply of how fast the combat is, it would come down to your skills and reflexes to get the shot in on top of that APB has a fast crouch i had many shots miss when i shot at the head the way i was used to and player ducked down and was able to avoid the shot so with a fast crouch and your movement you have a chance to avoid headshots. Edited by 23k

14 minutes ago, 23k said:

Why not?

corner camping and car gameplay would instantly become absolutely mandatory 24/7 because the combination of instant ttk and a large amount of wide open areas would make gameplay unbearable

the only way this would affect the p2w stigma is by killing the game so fast that no one has time to worry about p2w anymore

Im sorry but... I laughed my patootie off here. I played the shit out of CSGO, I've reached high there, I know it in and out. APB with headshots, would be gosh-darned easy really. Exposure is much more lengthy on these maps, flanking is so much easier on these maps. No sir, you have not thought this through, or simply haven't analyzed APB well enough yet. Experienced shooters would completely dominate in a much more instantious way than you can right now through raw finesse on its own. Someone who isn't all that great at aiming, can still become great at APB if he develops his playstyle accordingly and plays in a tactical way. That is why APB has a diverse player base, reaching beyond the "typical cod guy".  Take that away and you'll be left with, an underwhelming mmotps with nothing really special about it besides nice customization.

Edited by Slickmund

1 minute ago, BXNNXD said:
corner camping and car gameplay would instantly become absolutely mandatory 24/7 because the combination of instant ttk and a large amount of wide open areas would make gameplay unbearable

the only way this would affect the p2w stigma is by killing the game so fast that no one has time to worry about p2w anymore
It would make a person think before running in to the open, On top of that you think everybody will be headshot masters? Only thing that will shine if that happens would be the hackers they would get alot easier to catch. Since you and Cookie were banned in the past  for cheating most likely that's why probably you're not up for it.

11 minutes ago, Slickmund said:

Im sorry but... I laughed my patootie off here. I played the shit out of CSGO, I've reached high there, I know it in and out. APB with headshots, would be gosh-darned easy really. Exposure is much more lengthy on these maps, flanking is so much easier on these maps. No sir, you have not thought this through, or simply haven't analyzed APB well enough yet. Experienced shooters would completely dominate in a much more instantious way than you can right now through raw finesse on its own. Someone who isn't all that great at aiming, can still become great at APB if he develops his playstyle accordingly and plays in a tactical way. That is why APB has a diverse player base, reaching beyond the "typical cod guy".  Take that away and you'll be left with, an underwhelming mmotps with nothing really special about it besides nice customization.

That's not true at all, APB has alot faster combat compared to CSGO, headshots would spice things up even more hell, your movement would be able to somewhat counter some shots, it would give silvers and bronze a better fighting chance against the more experienced golds that wouldn't be so bad, it would give them more confidence. Edited by 23k

people cry p2w cuz they get beat, simply adding 1 shot kills changes nothing... absolutely nothing

bad players will still be bad, and good players would just 1 shot the shit out of them anyways

Edited by CookiePuss

3 minutes ago, 23k said:
It would make a person think before running in to the open, On top of that you think everybody will be headshot masters? Only thing that will shine if that happens would be the hackers they would get alot easier to catch. Since you and Cookie were banned in the past  for cheating most likely that's why probably you're not up for it.
im not up for it because it would turn the game into a campfest to an insane degree - whats the point in rushing when opp can just hide on a corner and insta-gank you without every exposing themselves?

also fyi its a lot easier to spot a cheater when they cant legitimately kill you instantly from anywhere

15 hours ago, 23k said:

Lets do this, revert every gun to their original state make them all op, then add headshots to the game it would work wonders, the characters heights would be no problem you just have to adapt.  Add a nice scope to hvr got to zoom in real nice, make nades 1 explosion 1 kill, osmaw 1 rocket 1 kill, remove percs.

No, tell them to add new music. For example, Lil skies Lust.

Just now, CookiePuss said:

people cry p2w cuz they get beat, simply adding 1 shot kills changes nothing... absolutely nothing

People cry when they get dominated by experienced players if they get a better chance to fight back then they can develop confidence to compete against those higher skilled players, therefore they got more fun from the gameplay.

1 minute ago, 23k said:
People cry when they get dominated by experienced players if they get a better chance to fight back then they can develop confidence to compete against those higher skilled players, therefore they got more fun from the gameplay.
new players wont have a chance to fight back, with headshots theyll just be overwhelmed before they can even react

1 minute ago, BXNNXD said:
im not up for it because it would turn the game into a campfest to an insane degree - whats the point in rushing when opp can just hide on a corner and insta-gank you without every exposing themselves?

also fyi its a lot easier to spot a cheater when they cant legitimately kill you instantly from anywhere
You got nades for it man, you act like you don't play the game we the players we will always think of some tactic to outplay another player regardless of the circumstances.
Just now, BXNNXD said:
2 minutes ago, 23k said:
new players wont have a chance to fight back, with headshots theyll just be overwhelmed before they can even react
That's not true at all, they would still have other game experience therefore they wouldn't be completely lost in combat.

5 minutes ago, 23k said:
11 minutes ago, CookiePuss said:

You seem to ignore that good players will also be able to 1 shot. 

Good players would wreck shitties even harder. 

Just now, CookiePuss said:
You seem to ignore that good players will also be able to 1 shot. 

Good players would wreck shitties even harder. 
That's not true at all, they would still have other game experience therefore they wouldn't be completely lost in combat.

1 minute ago, 23k said:
You got nades for it man, you act like you don't play the game we the players we will always think of some tactic to outplay another player regardless of the circumstances.
except nades generally require you to expose yourself and now thanks to headshots even that slight corner pop to throw a grenade means you can be killed

not to mention grenade damage is now useless because health is now largely irrelevant due to headshots

@23k You have told me you are new to the game. Take our words for it. APB will not improve over it, it will just create a more hostile and more demanding skillgap, which already is a bit of an issue within APB. Im going to pull out from the discussion now, seen as you seem to circle-reason your way about it which I find frustrating to discuss with.

Just now, BXNNXD said:
except nades generally require you to expose yourself and now thanks to headshots even that slight corner pop to throw a grenade means you can be killed

not to mention grenade damage is now useless because health is now largely irrelevant due to headshots
That's why i said make nades be able to kill a player with one hit just like in any other game & real life.
1 minute ago, Slickmund said:

@23k You have told me you are new to the game. Take our words for it. APB will not improve over it, it will just create a more hostile and more demanding skillgap, which already is a bit of an issue within APB. Im going to pull out from the discussion now, seen as you seem to circle-reason your way about it which I find frustrating to discuss with.

I'm not new i've started playing in 2011 open beta.

23k  1
Started conversation: Saturday at 10:36 PM
What faction you play for? got ingame name? maybe when i'll learn to play we could play together.

From this I assumed you were new, sorry if I misinterpertated that.