21 minutes ago, Freewind said:

One of the primary weaknesses of a sniper is immobility, inaccuracy while moving, and bad accuracy at close range. The scout, by design, already gets rid of one of these with increased mobility, but does trade some damage for it. This is already a balanced tradeoff. Adding in jumpshooting and protecting crouchspamming removed the second weakness: Inaccuracy while moving. Something that enables you to move in a swift manner and enable you to quickly pop off shots at the enemy while keeping them mostly unable to react due to the fact that they don't have the lightning reflexes to hit you while you're visible for 0.02 seconds. Not to mention that if you DO get hit, even by an HVR, you already typically have cover to hide behind.

Not to mention that this is all only possible with the scout, which I'm not 100% sure you have easy access to as a F2P player.

If I had the power to instantly change features, crouching rapidly with a sniper rifle would max out your bloom. 

Edit: Also, CSGO =/= APB. Entire different balance mantra.

I'm out of likes, but yes, this.

13 minutes ago, Freewind said:

since crouching has no cooldown even disengaging to run for cover enables them to get free potshots at you. It offers immense benefits to people who already have a good position and makes traditional counterplay (sniper dueling) rather moot.

A good portion of sniping (and gunplay in general) is about positioning isn't it? What is your definition of "traditional counterplay", and why would it be beneficial to revert to it? A majority of the community seems to be satisfied with the Scout's balance atm, so I see no reason to remove crouch shooting. 

We're also diverting from the main topic, which is jump shooting. I've only seen points brought up against crouch spamming so far, but not much about the original subject.

We've also had quickswitching removed because people were exploiting it and using weapons in ways that they were not meant to be used.

Quickswitching is rather different, in that your ttk is significantly lowered while doing it. 

I don't think that encouraging weapons to be used ways that are traditionally not the intended use of the weapon is a good thing

Well there you have it, conservative mindset

Edited by Nevv

1 minute ago, Nevv said:

A good portion of sniping (and gunplay in general) is about positioning isn't it? What is your definition of "traditional counterplay", and why would it be beneficial to revert to it? A majority of the community seems to be satisfied with the Scout's balance atm, so I see no reason to change it. 

We're also diverting from the main topic, which is jump shooting. I've only seen points brought up against crouch spamming so far, but not much about the original subject.

Quickswitching is rather different, in that your ttk is significantly lowered while doing it. 

Jumpshooting, in the right hand, is far superior to crouch spamming, as it's a moving target that is also not exposed for any length of time at all. They removed it for a reason, you need to come to terms with it.

1 minute ago, Nevv said:

A good portion of sniping (and gunplay in general) is about positioning isn't it? What is your definition of "traditional counterplay", and why would it be beneficial to revert to it? A majority of the community seems to be satisfied with the Scout's balance atm, so I see no reason to change it. 

So... We're keeping jumpshooting disabled then? That is a factor in the scouts balance and you are correct that most people are happy with how it's balanced right now.

As for "Traditional counterplay" it's things like the following:

1. Simply running the hell away from the snipers covered area. (Which, more often than not, is you giving up a large chunk of territory that is probably mission critical.)
  2. Countering with your own sniper. (Which is made 10x more difficult by crouchspamming abuse and peeking abuse.) (Peeking abuse: You see my head? Cool. You can't shoot it because the game says you can't, but I can shoot you. Mainly seen it happening around financial's elevated highways.)
  3. Using rockets. (Viable degrees of success.)
  4. Getting close with an SMG/AR/other type weapon and buttblasting them from close range. (Made non viable by quickswitching, and then quickswitching was removed...)

There's probably more, but that's just a general idea. Also, a pox upon your political labels!

Just now, -Rachel- said:

Jumpshooting, in the right hand, is far superior to crouch spamming, as it's a moving target that is also not exposed for any length of time at all. 

In what situation? I'm guessing you're talking about close quarters, but you could just rush the guy with any sub 1.75s ttk weapon and win. 

3 minutes ago, -Rachel- said:

They removed it for a reason, you need to come to terms with it.

Pretty sure they removed it primarily because it applied the the HVR as well. Don't remember the Scout ever being top tier...

1 minute ago, Freewind said:

So... We're keeping jumpshooting disabled then? That is a factor in the scouts balance and you are correct that most people are happy with how it's balanced right now.

Wrote that in the wrong context, and that's why I edited 😎 reiterating what I've expressed, jumpshooting wouldn't bump the Scout that much higher in terms of power. Also, you agree that the crouch mechanics are balanced then? 

hue.gif

I'm just gonna ignore the rest, since it seems you're fine with crouch now 🙂

ye why don't you remove my $40 account wide atac? 

yikes so much over a scout comment lol

imo with the horrible sprint shooting "fix" and the removal of the scout to fbw quickswitch via bolt timer, jumpshooting would be pretty balanced

as it is now the scout is kind of nicheless 

• Like 2

13 hours ago, soLucky said:

The first and only weapon I bought in this game was the csg because it was a direct upgrade to the jg in every way.

First of all, jg as better hard dmg and second of all even though I didnt play with the csg, from clips and gameplay I seen the csg seem to have an advantage over the jg in fights but not to the point its a one sided fight.

11 hours ago, Kewlin said:

Nice try trying to take away my fun though.

Maybe, the cake is a lie.

Ask youself, what led to the end of APB besides the silence? It's not the cheaters, it's the concept. I'd say, pull the hand break now, tackle the corner and make APB unbreakable, a true second world. Aim for the top and nothing less.

APB has the potential to outrun all games released in it's genre.

Edited by xNyuu

11 hours ago, Nophromoo said:

First of all, jg as better hard dmg and second of all even though I didnt play with the csg, from clips and gameplay I seen the csg seem to have an advantage over the jg in fights but not to the point its a one sided fight.

JG is better in CQC, CSG is better at slightly farther ranges.

9 hours ago, xNyuu said:

Maybe, the cake is a lie.

Ask youself, what led to the end of APB besides the silence? It's not the cheaters, it's the concept. I'd say, pull the hand break now, tackle the corner and make APB unbreakable, a true second world. Aim for the top and nothing less.

APB has the potential to outrun all games released in it's genre.

Nope, nope, and nope.

When have you heard the news, "[INSERT GAME] is now super-duper popular because they removed content!"? It simply doesn't happen.

P.S. What other games in its genre?