3 minutes ago, BXNNXD said:

re-add scout jump shooting

I would personally not bring this back. It's already annoying enough to try and fight couchspamming snipers.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Freewind said:

I would personally not bring this back. It's already annoying enough to try and fight couchspamming snipers.

True.

46 minutes ago, WizYuan said:

good you realize that companies exist to make profit and to appease their consumers, not you

back in rtw, percs one-shotted cars and instant car osmaws were existent

real golds and cbt/obt vets will tell you that the game isn't p2w. even matt said that

if you can't counter the weapons through different weapons, its not because the weapons are op

it just means you're bad

I believe matt also said that apb definitely has the perception of being p2w. Everyone has their own definition of what p2w is and for me the release versions of the scout, nano, troublemaker, and csg would all qualify. The first and only weapon I bought in this game was the csg because it was a direct upgrade to the jg in every way. The nano was unquestionably the best secondary in the game for a long time as well. Today, things like the yukon, true ogre, and volcano just seem miles ahead of their counter-parts. Instant-car osmaws were certainly a problem back then but they carried some amount of risk in that after you fired your rocket you were out in the middle of the street with a secondary -essentially dead if anyone survived your shot. Where is the risk in sitting 90m away from the objective with a volcano and ammo box?

The problem with hard-countering weapons with other weapons which has been the direction of apb's weapon balance since the range changes is that it actually limits player choice. If you want to compete close range you PMG, long range you hvr. When you slot weapons into being unmatched at specific ranges, winning fights becomes more about what you decided to equip before the fight and less about your aim/gameplay during the fight. While having a jack-of-all-trades weapons like the old carbine/ntec presented their own issues I think the way things are now is more stale and less engaging.

I tend to agree with most of what the OP wrote in regards to the things G1 added being a determent to the game. While some things such as epinephrine injector, brick, and the satchel charge have a minor impact on gameplay and give a bit of flavor to the game, things like car-spawner, radar, blow torch, and ammo boxes have far too much impact and have become necessities. I guess what it really comes down to is how you view skill in this game because what you decide to equip for weapons and mods can make a huge difference in your performance. Personally, I think what you decide to equip shouldn't have such a significant impact but unfortunately that hasn't really been the direction this game has been heading.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Nijavid said:

Removing a gun or a mod from a game after releasing it and after people grinding for it is a huge issue and it will create huge problems

A Good Example is M4A4 Howl getting removed from csgo 

Shit example because the Howl was removed due to plagiarism issues and Valve personally remade the artwork for it, so the Howl wasn't actually truly removed.

• Thanks 1

I don't think downsizing is what a game like APB needs. If anything, adding new content IS what it needs. Or that's what people want from a game like this. More to do, more things to reach for. I do agree that some stuff needs to be "let go" of, just because of how archaic and dumb it is in 2018 (I mean, come on, sitting on a car? That's just...dumb at this point.). 

Taking out any gun is a step in the wrong direction. It doesn't matter if there are 100 different guns if they're all unique and balanced, something that previously APB has sort of struggled with. 

1 minute ago, notMateo said:

If anything, adding new content IS what it needs. Or that's what people want from a game like this. More to do, more things to reach for.

I've talked about this subject extensively and one of the things I really make note of is the fact that most of the new content in this game is all premium content, nothing for new players who don't have 20-30 dollars for a clothing pack with premium. (25 dollars for 1 set of clothes is also stupid.)

Consider this: What was the last patch of content for this game that was available to everyone outside of ARMAS? For me, since I stopped playing a while ago, it was the R255 "expansion". Every single addition to the game has been ARMAS related. Someone's signature used to read, "G1: We make sniper rifles for a living." One gun for your account is like, 40 dollars or so with premium. It's stupid.

Food for thought; APB$ is so worthless other than to buy legendaries from other people who shelled out real dosh (the only thing G1 cares about). Let us unlock clothes in-game with our in-game cash or something - anything. Give us something to actually aspire to unlocking other than R195's mod restrictions being lifted and level cap...

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Evagelyne said:

I've talked about this subject extensively and one of the things I really make note of is the fact that most of the new content in this game is all premium content, nothing for new players who don't have 20-30 dollars for a clothing pack with premium. (25 dollars for 1 set of clothes is also stupid.)

Consider this: What was the last patch of content for this game that was available to everyone outside of ARMAS? For me, since I stopped playing a while ago, it was the R255 "expansion". Every single addition to the game has been ARMAS related. Someone's signature used to read, "G1: We make sniper rifles for a living." One gun for your account is like, 40 dollars or so with premium. It's stupid.

Food for thought; APB$ is so worthless other than to buy legendaries from other people who shelled out real dosh (the only thing G1 cares about). Let us unlock clothes in-game with our in-game cash or something - anything. Give us something to actually aspire to unlocking other than R195's mod restrictions being lifted and level cap...

welcome to gamersfirst

there's a reason why i got warned for this image

1231.jpg

7 minutes ago, Evagelyne said:

No, I agree, I think that everything new being paid content is honestly bullshoot. I'm hoping Little Orbit recognizes this. They've talked about lowering the price on ARMAS stuff, which is a great start, though.

Sort of off-topic, but I have a neat idea for how new guns could be introduced. Let's say, they release a new gun, and it's XXX G1C. Maybe after 4 months and the novelty has worn off it drops to XX G1C, then after a while longer it's free. 

Assuming that they keep with a consistent schedule of releasing guns, this trickle-down idea could mean that they could net some income from the type of players who get things Day 1, and then down the line, the F2P players could still get to use them. It's not ideal for some players (because, they still have to make money somehow, right?), but I think it could alleviate this "no new content for free players" issue.

Actually I should make a thread about this in suggestions where I go more into detail about it.

BUT my point is, you're right, content is too expensive. Way too expensive.

2 hours ago, notMateo said:

No, I agree, I think that everything new being paid content is honestly bullshoot. I'm hoping Little Orbit recognizes this. They've talked about lowering the price on ARMAS stuff, which is a great start, though.

Sort of off-topic, but I have a neat idea for how new guns could be introduced. Let's say, they release a new gun, and it's XXX G1C. Maybe after 4 months and the novelty has worn off it drops to XX G1C, then after a while longer it's free. 

Assuming that they keep with a consistent schedule of releasing guns, this trickle-down idea could mean that they could net some income from the type of players who get things Day 1, and then down the line, the F2P players could still get to use them. It's not ideal for some players (because, they still have to make money somehow, right?), but I think it could alleviate this "no new content for free players" issue.

Actually I should make a thread about this in suggestions where I go more into detail about it.

BUT my point is, you're right, content is too expensive. Way too expensive.

It will become a huge problem one day, which I think we already have. We are driving past the games true potential in my opinion. We can't balance them all, it's not possible. More weapons are only good for the small time profit, not for the game. Where will it end? I'd go for skins and events with seasonal weapons like the HoHoHoPGL.

Edited by xNyuu

IMO, all weapons need their effective range increased, so many of them begin to feel like pellet guns at such short ranges.

I don't necessarily think we need fewer weapons, but we should scale back on the amount of reskins for sure, why do I have 500 different PMG, OCA, N-TEC, and PMG skins? Nobody asked for that, make them into their own gun or just remove them.

Edited by Similarities

15 minutes ago, Similarities said:

IMO, all weapons need their effective range increased, so many of them begin to feel like pellet guns at such short ranges.

I don't necessarily think we need fewer weapons, but we should scale back on the amount of reskins for sure, why do I have 500 different PMG, OCA, N-TEC, and PMG skins? Nobody asked for that, make them into their own gun or just remove them.

Because you bought them, willingly or not.

Weapon skins and color skins could be content either ingame or on armas. An idea for the JMB's, we could add more, since they are like gachapons, with a certain amount of skins and rare skins to pull.(Warning: highly addictive) Maybe make slight design changes on them.

Edited by xNyuu

2 hours ago, WizYuan said:

welcome to gamersfirst

there's a reason why i got warned for this image

1231.jpg

probably banned because it’s a garbage meme

2 minutes ago, xNyuu said:

Because you bought them, willingly or not.

Weapon skins and color skins could be content either ingame or on armas. An idea for the JMB's, we could add or turn them into gachapons, with a certain amount of skins and rare skins to pull.(Warning: highly addictive)

Loyalty rewards are great, getting the same exact gun (an N-TEC w/ 3 slots) with a new coat of paint as a loyalty reward when I already have the CR5 (looking at you VAS) and another PMG (looking at you CBMP) and another OCA (looking at you PDW) makes me want to punch myself. Stop giving me the same gun over and over with a different coat of paint, you're just adding more textures on top of what is an already horribly convoluted texture streaming system.

Just need to wait for them to take a pass at rebalance, as some have suggested. APB's about variety, and the last thing I'd like to see is a decrease in options to tackle a mission. 

What you're proposing is similar to decreasing customization options, effectively neutering the game's appeal. I enjoy APB's gameplay because it doesn't force you to take the same monotonous routes and guns to complete a mission. 

4 hours ago, Freewind said:

Really just the N-HVR's problem tbh. You run around a bit with CJ3, and you've already recovered from a Scout shot 🤔

I'd like jumpshot Scouts to put the gun at least a bit closer to the HVR's level.

20 minutes ago, Nevv said:

eally just the N-HVR's problem tbh. You run around a bit with CJ3, and you've already recovered from a Scout shot 🤔

I'd like jumpshot Scouts to put the gun at least a bit closer to the HVR's level.

I think everyone knows the HVR needs to be nerfed.

3 hours ago, Evagelyne said:

Shit example because the Howl was removed due to plagiarism issues and Valve personally remade the artwork for it, so the Howl wasn't actually truly removed.

Not A Shit example but reworking a gun and making it unaccesable is still an example 

Completly removing it would made the situation much worst cause the players payed for this

and they want a refund on it

3 minutes ago, -Rachel- said:

I think everyone knows the HVR needs to be nerfed.

Putting the HVR aside, the Scout wouldn't suddenly become overpowered with the addition of jump shooting. 

Just now, Nevv said:

Putting the HVR aside, the Scout wouldn't suddenly become overpowered with the addition of jump shooting. 

I don't know if it's OP, but the mechanic is certainly toxic. No one should have such high mobility with a sniper weapon, it's stupid.

Just now, -Rachel- said:

I don't know if it's OP, but the mechanic is certainly toxic. No one should have such high mobility with a sniper weapon, it's stupid.

How is it toxic? 🤔 APB isn't meant to be a mil-sim, and jump-shooting would be a lot of fun imo. You have the same with another sniper in CSGO, so why not?

One of the primary weaknesses of a sniper is immobility, inaccuracy while moving, and bad accuracy at close range. The scout, by design, already gets rid of one of these with increased mobility, but does trade some damage for it. This is already a balanced tradeoff. Adding in jumpshooting and protecting crouchspamming removed the second weakness: Inaccuracy while moving. Something that enables you to move in a swift manner and enable you to quickly pop off shots at the enemy while keeping them mostly unable to react due to the fact that they don't have the lightning reflexes to hit you while you're visible for 0.02 seconds. Not to mention that if you DO get hit, even by an HVR, you already typically have cover to hide behind.

Not to mention that this is all only possible with the scout, which I'm not 100% sure you have easy access to as a F2P player.

If I had the power to instantly change features, crouching rapidly with a sniper rifle would max out your bloom. 

Edit: Also, CSGO =/= APB. Entire different balance mantra.

Edited by Freewind

Considering APB is probably the most balanced PVP shooter I've ever played, I think we're good.

Nice try trying to take away my fun though.

3 minutes ago, Freewind said:

One of the primary weaknesses of a sniper is immobility, inaccuracy while moving, and bad accuracy at close range.

Edit: Also, CSGO =/= APB. Entire different balance mantra.

So if we're placing APB in an enclosed sphere, we shouldn't reference preconceptions of weapons based on outside sources eh

6 minutes ago, Freewind said:

protecting crouchspamming

If you're out in the open against a Scout in cover, you don't really deserve to win that fight

8 minutes ago, Freewind said:

Something that enables you to move in a swift manner and enable you to quickly pop off shots at the enemy while keeping them mostly unable to react due to the fact that they don't have the lightning reflexes to hit you while you're visible for 0.02 seconds. Not to mention that if you DO get hit, even by an HVR, you already typically have cover to hide behind.

You just really need to learn to find cover, flank and/or drive up to the person sniping

3 minutes ago, Kewlin said:

Considering APB is probably the most balanced PVP shooter I've ever played, I think we're good.

Nice try trying to take away my fun though.

Honestly, this. APB has had broken weapons, but the game is incredibly balanced in terms of weapons.

The OGRE is strong but I've beaten it so many times with an Ntec, even up close. Same with the Yukon.

Removing weapons would just be downright stupid.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Nevv said:

So if we're placing APB in an enclosed sphere, we shouldn't reference preconceptions of weapons based on outside sources eh

If you're out in the open against a Scout in cover, you don't really deserve to win that fight

You just really need to learn to find cover, flank and/or drive up to the person sniping

These are viable answers, though they aren't always viable. I've had multiple times where I've had one of the HVR reskins and am in a sniper duel with someone else and the only reason they win that duel is because they're able to crouch-spam behind a chest high wall. Not to mention that since crouching has no cooldown even disengaging to run for cover enables them to get free potshots at you. Now, adding a cooldown to crouching would be outright insanity, so how else would you propose fixing such a playstyle? It offers immense benefits to people who already have a good position and makes traditional counterplay (sniper dueling) rather moot. We've also had quickswitching removed because people were exploiting it and using weapons in ways that they were not meant to be used.

I don't think that encouraging weapons to be used ways that are traditionally not the intended use of the weapon is a good thing, not unless you want to nerf the weapon in other aspects while enabling jumpshooting.

Edited by Freewind