illgot

are we the cause of DDoS attacks

I'm sitting here trying to play the only NA silver district that has players and I am basically spamming the Join District button.  After 5 minutes I just give up but then I started thinking... are players like me, who are spamming join district, one source of the DDoS attacks?

And BTW it would be nice if we had a queue option for districts.

Edited by illgot

1 hour ago, illgot said:

I'm sitting here trying to play the only NA silver district that has players and I am basically spamming the Join District button.  After 5 minutes I just give up but then I started thinking... are players like me, who are spamming join district, one source of the DDoS attacks?

I doubt it.
Also, queue will just leave everyone queued for the same single district rather than populating other districts.
I think this is why LO is working on cross district matchmaking instead of putting in a queue.

No, of course not. DDoS attacks are on a much bigger scale

2 hours ago, illgot said:

DDoS attacks comes from someone trying to intentionally flood log ons to the game - an intentional act of someone trying to bring the game down
No single log on can do this
nothing to do with join district you are safe

i think he’s saying the ddos is from someone who can’t get into a district so he crashes the server in order to get a spot when everything spins back up

kind of like using a 50cal on an ant tbh

9 minutes ago, BXNNXD said:

i think he’s saying the ddos is from someone who can’t get into a district so he crashes the server in order to get a spot when everything spins back up

kind of like using a 50cal on an ant tbh

And all you gotta do is write random email/pw in /d chat or say that there are Free Tiggs in Nanos

2 hours ago, CookiePuss said:
/snip
I think this is why LO is working on cross district matchmaking instead of putting in a queue.
I've heard this before but I cant understand how it will work with the current District system. If it forces players to join another district for a mission, then I can imagine the time delay for joining would give the other team the advantage.

the only thing that is the cause of DDOS attack is that the game is popular . near easy money there are always scammers 

3 hours ago, NotTheEnforcer said:
6 hours ago, CookiePuss said:
/snip
I've heard this before but I cant understand how it will work with the current District system. If it forces players to join another district for a mission, then I can imagine the time delay for joining would give the other team the advantage.
Going off the original Jobs' post, they said they'd have to drastically improve District loading times for cross district matchmaking to be a thing. But I get that any delay really would give the "home" team an advantage.
Maybe it won't actually spring the "APB" until the entire enemy team has loaded the District, so the enemy won't even know there is OP until they arrive?

54 minutes ago, KnifuWaifu said:
Going off the original Jobs' post, they said they'd have to drastically improve District loading times for cross district matchmaking to be a thing. But I get that any delay really would give the "home" team an advantage.
Maybe it won't actually spring the "APB" until the entire enemy team has loaded the District, so the enemy won't even know there is OP until they arrive?
They don't need to switch them everytime they enter matchmaking.
You force an auto-join to an instance (after setting your group in lobby / Social district) and sort them accordingly with the group's ELO.
You re-evaluate the group's ELO after a set number of matches and transfer them to the appropriate instance of that map type if needed.

Given the current active playerbase, cross-district matchmaking is a low priority. Edited by Talla
  • Like 1

This is the most innocent thread over. A post cure enough to cure cancer.

But no, it's not. Not even remotely, so don't worry about it.

If I'm the one messing up the servers by wanting to join a district, i will personally drive to Frankfurt and feed the hamsters.

15 hours ago, illgot said:

DDOS are story for little kids,why other games not have DDOS only apb dead game have
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 2