Release The Fresno  

54 members have voted

1. 1. Should 4 slot stay joker exclusive?

• Put Fresno in game for purchase
    • Keep as jokerbox exclusive

As long as I've been playing APB, the Fresno has always been a jokerbox exclusive. As one of the few people who actually runs fresno as my main vehicle, it's frustrating not being able to get it without gambling when it's outclassed by the Pioneer, making it's exclusivity kind of pointless. Even if you don't care for the Fresno, I'd appreciate your support in getting it out from behind the paywall because seriously, it's been.... years and I'm tired of gambling. 

Seriously though, there are people who have gotten 10 of these things and I can't  get one!! It's a conspiracy. 

Goodday

Edited by Margravine
  • Like 1

might as well release it imo

could have been something for the next two contacts to unlock tho, so perhaps holding it back has a purpose?

Should honestly be released at this point.

I still get a kick out of people OSMAWing my Fresno and being confused when it isn't even smoking..
good times.

• Like 1

As someone who has it on both their Enforcer and Criminal, I steadfastly believe it should be available ingame via normal means (contact unlock).

• Thanks 1

Wait, it isn't available for ingame currency? That's pretty weird considering the higher tier vehicles are. It definitely shouldn't be gated behind jmbs especially since it's a civilian car.

11 minutes ago, Nickyan said:

Wait, it isn't available for ingame currency? That's pretty weird considering the higher tier vehicles are. It definitely shouldn't be gated behind jmbs especially since it's a civilian car.

It isn't all that surprising. Dolton Montane D 230 and D 430 are both also unavailable (the 2 slot and 4 slot variants for the Montane, the 2-seater pickup truck).
  • Like 2

1 minute ago, Hexerin said:
It isn't all that surprising. Dolton Montane D 230 and D 430 are both also unavailable (the 2 slot and 4 slot variants for the Montane, the 2-seater pickup truck).
This makes zero sense lmao

1 minute ago, Nickyan said:
There's a lot about this game that doesn't make sense.

I agree they had plans to release it normally through Contacts, but that snafu ground to a halt with the difficulty of adding new content. 

I don't know how cash shops can have too many items, but it would be nice to see all vehicles have 4 slot versions for sale on Armas.

I would also love access to the old Taxi sign the Dalton had access to.

I'd like to see more kits for it though. I own one two, and it's still one of the best tanks around.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Unlock all the vehicles, IMHO.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Hexerin said:
9 hours ago, Nickyan said:
There's a lot about this game that doesn't make sense.
Like giving every yahoo out there a license to roam the streets armed?

10 hours ago, Hexerin said:
10 hours ago, Nickyan said:

Thank you for mentioning this. I've been wanting a 4 slot Montane for a long time 😕 But yeah I've been trying to get the Fresno for years and I've never got it. The car shouldn't be hidden behind paid RNG while every other car isn't.

LO mentioned they want to make progression changes, I can only imagine that would also encompass unlocks from progression.

There used to be a bypass for acquiring the 4 slot Fresno; I won and redeemed a 365 day lease for the 4 slot from a JMB, and it unlocked the option to permanently purchase one for $1500.

Not sure if this still works, but worth a try.

Edited by Knite

4 minutes ago, Knite said:

There used to be a bypass for acquiring the 4 slot Fresno; I won and redeemed a 365 day lease from a JMB, and it unlocked the option to permanently purchase a 4 slot for $1500.

he wants it available/unlockable for f2p players, which would make it a 500k purchase based on its pricing scheme

the joker box unlocks are untraceable iirc

10 minutes ago, Knite said:

There used to be a bypass for acquiring the 4 slot Fresno; I won and redeemed a 365 day lease from a JMB, and it unlocked the option to permanently purchase a 4 slot for $1500.

I just got one from a jmb... now I wanna see if this still works... I'll keep this updated if it does.

45 minutes ago, BXNNXD said:
he wants it available/unlockable for f2p players, which would make it a 500k purchase based on its pricing scheme

the joker box unlocks are untraceable iirc
That's fine; I'm totally in support of more progression rewards. Just wanted to let everyone know there used to be (and may still be) a way to get it without the need to save up oodles of JT. Edited by Knite

Make it unlockable when playing 100 matches in gold district 😇.

4 hours ago, Knite said:

There used to be a bypass for acquiring the 4 slot Fresno; I won and redeemed a 365 day lease for the 4 slot from a JMB, and it unlocked the option to permanently purchase one for $1500. Not sure if this still works, but worth a try.

That isn't a bypass, that's literally the method by which you obtain the 4 slot Fresno.

7 hours ago, Hexerin said:
11 hours ago, Knite said:

There used to be a bypass for acquiring the 4 slot Fresno; I won and redeemed a 365 day lease for the 4 slot from a JMB, and it unlocked the option to permanently purchase one for $1500. Not sure if this still works, but worth a try.

That isn't a bypass, that's literally the method by which you obtain the 4 slot Fresno.
uOZU8WT.gif

Didn't realize the unlock came with the lease; counterintuitive, though

1 minute ago, Knite said:
Didn't realize the unlock came with the lease; counterintuitive, though
It's the same for all the vehicles you get out of JMBs, with the exception of the Gumshoe (both Enforcer and Criminal versions).

i love the fresno!

mabey the 4 Slot variant get sellable and get unlocked on new contacts
or add it to jokerstore