Sign in to follow this  
MySodium

Packet loss

Hello, i have this weird issue where i'm getting packet losses that spike all the way to 50.00+ for whatever reason..., ping is fine but the packet loss is 0.00 for a moment and then randomly spikes causing everything to lag out.   It isn't my internet's fault, every other game is fine except APB.
I've tried pretty much everything, re-installing ethernet drivers, reseting my router, restarting my computer, etc. 

Funfact: Uninstalling the game completely fixed it temporarily, i was able to play on fightclub for roughly an hour without any issues but then the issue reappeared mid way through randomly... Any ideas?
The game's just not playable like this, it absolutely ruins my desire to even attempt to play it.

Seems like the issue resolved itself for now... really strange. The only thing i did was unninstall my headset's drivers and a program called voicemeter but i doubt those were the main factors causing the issue. Will update this thread if something else is identified.

I will tell you one thing
Old Devs sets delay on Internet connection in /fps command (or how to tell it maybe "smoothed") so u can experience lags without this command showing it but if u have lags for longer time than it will shows you the lag you have

i experience this because of my sister using internet by her broken phone who takes all traffic from ruter and i gets like 300-400ms from 1 minute to like 10 minutes (and i cant fuking change router settings because provider is fukin smart) - he has like 200+ connections open

Edited by TheSxW

On 7/23/2018 at 2:36 PM, TheSxW said:

I will tell you one thing
Old Devs sets delay on Internet connection in /fps command (or how to tell it maybe "smoothed") so u can experience lags without this command showing it but if u have lags for longer time than it will shows you the lag you have

i experience this because of my sister using internet by her broken phone who takes all traffic from ruter and i gets like 300-400ms from 1 minute to like 10 minutes (and i cant fuking change router settings because provider is fukin smart) - he has like 200+ connections open

There's no one using my internet, just me... i'm using a wired connection. No matter what i change this problem keeps persisting.

On topic: The packet loss spikes are back again. This is honestly the most frustrating thing ever... there's no other game that does this. It's impossible to play like this. 

18 hours ago, MySodium said:
There's no one using my internet, just me... i'm using a wired connection. No matter what i change this problem keeps persisting.

On topic: The packet loss spikes are back again. This is honestly the most frustrating thing ever... there's no other game that does this. It's impossible to play like this. 
a few things to propably fix this problem is needed
1. internet provider - check his comments is there all positive ?
2. ping server using ping -t -l 1 <ip of server>
3. ping one site like gamersfirst.com for like 10 minutes or longer if u didnt see packet loss
4. in nothing shows you packet losses or all of this goes positive (nothing wrong happen) than its all game fault - try to reinstall - change server - change district type (propably bronze district)

i achive some strange things going on ingame with FPS so i know if someone in mission is cheating or no (it gives me information only about if someone in mission uses some softwate to cheat no matter who from enemy or friend) i get drops from 90-101 fps to 50 stable and after mission it raise again to 90-101 ... donno what it cause byt propably some FPS cheat as i know there was an option to drop enemies FPS and raise latency to cheater ones or even higher to get advantage. But who cares

if u dont understand me just scroll ;)

Ok, i came across a video tutorial on YouTube that fixed these random packet losses for me, whether or not this is a temporary fix, i don't know... but so far everything is working as it should. 

(Note, i don't know if this works on wireless connections, so try it at your own risk)

Here's what you need to do:

Open up your Windows Command Prompt (Run it as an administrator) and type the following command:

fmuddc.png

After that is done, close the command prompt or just simply write "exit".
Now go to your Control Panel>Network and Internet>Network and Sharing Center>Change adapter settings

You should be able to see your current connection and your current network adapter, right click on the one your computer is using and select properties
Disable everything unnecessary, leave Internet Protocol Version 4 alone.  

330wyv4.png

Now click on "Configure..." then click on the Advanced tab, search for "Speed & Duplex" and set it to 100 Mbps Half Duplex, normally this option would be on Auto

2ebu3yc.png

Now, all you gotta do is change your DNS server.
Head back to your Local Area Connection Properties and select Internet Protocol Version 4's properties and change the DNS Server to 8.8.8.8; 8.8.4.4

2ls7eqw.png

Then all you gotta do is restart your computer and hopefully the issue is resolved, if not, try using the command prompt again while the game  is running and see if it works.

w7ls3a.png

That is all, hopefully i won't have to update this thread again. But yes, the issue is resolved, everything is working flawlessly.