• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

PlasticGear

PlasticGear

Novice

• Members
  • 43 posts
  • Joined 21-July 11
I've seen this asked about a few times and haven't seen a satisfactory answer ever.

A few weeks ago I finally decided to do something about the washed out green color of the 'target in range' reticule.
I had to backtrack through an old colorblind mod that Tiggs posted originally made by Nads, so credit actually goes to them.

At the bottom of your wnd.ini file, for whichever skin you are using, add these lines:

Reticle_InRange=0xC0000ff
Reticle_OutofRange=0xCff0000

This will change your in range to red, and your out of range to blue. Those of you who are familiar with hex colors will notice that the lines to add are opposite what I said. I haven't bothered to test it further than this, so I don't know if the syntax is just slightly off or something.

What this means is that A) if you want to do other colors than what I've posted you'll have to look up the hex code if you aren't familiar with them, and B) when you do find the hex color code you want, make sure you put them into the wnd.ini file opposite what you actually want.

For Dummies: The 0xC is not part of the hex code, but it looks like it has to be there.

Hope this helps some of you colorblind folk and UI modders.

Exiled Odd

Exiled Odd

Conscript

• Members
  • 219 posts
  • Joined 25-August 11
Does game interpret/draw hex colors properly? I've used yellow ( ffd800 ) and it's still red.
Part of that Power, not understood,
Which always wills the Bad, and always works the Good.

PlasticGear

PlasticGear

Novice

• Members
  • 43 posts
  • Joined 21-July 11
I don't know; I haven't done any testing other than determining that when I wanted red for in range and blue for out of range, I had to put the hex codes opposite what I actually wanted (so I had to specify red for out of range and blue for in range).

Also, can you get it to work as I posted it, with blue for out of range and red for in range?

Exiled Odd

Exiled Odd

Conscript

• Members
  • 219 posts
  • Joined 25-August 11
This is funny, code ff0000 (which is bright red) for InRange appears yellow and for OutRange green.

Colors are completely messed up.

Edited by satanskizenon, 29 August 2012 - 01:02 AM.

Part of that Power, not understood,
Which always wills the Bad, and always works the Good.

Thigh

Thigh

Initiate

• Members
  • 1 posts
  • Joined 11-January 13
From Nad's tutorial (reposted by Radash):

[Colors]
As with the text color entry mentioned above the Red and Blue values are interchanged when inputting the html color code. Another thing to note is the fact that these are 8-digit color codes as opposed to the 6-digit one above. The first two digits designate the transparency of the color, ranging from FF, the 100% or fully “solid” color to 00, the 0% or fully transparent one. The six digits after are your usual 6 digit html codes.

So if the format is this within wnd.ini:

Listbox_Highlight=0xC0BB6501

this is it's breakdown:

[Menu Element]=0x[2 digit hex transparency code][6 digit html color code]

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users