Fennel

Worst performing weapons

Surprised no one mentioned the swarm yet.

• Like 1

All these people calling the NL9 a shotgun...

1 minute ago, Hexerin said:

All these people calling the NL9 a shotgun...

It is a shotgun, it just uses a tazer dart? Or something like that.

29 minutes ago, Nanometic said:
It is a shotgun, it just uses a tazer dart? Or something like that.
It's a rifle. It fires a single projectile in a straight trajectory, that works best while marksman'd (although can be hipfired in a pinch as well). It used to be a shotgun, back in RTW days. It was changed to what it is now for Reloaded, and has never been a shotgun in this incarnation. That being said, I wish they'd revert it to being a shotgun again. Then I'd have an actual CQC option for LTL.

Edited by Hexerin

1 minute ago, Hexerin said:
It's a rifle. It shoots a single bullet in a straight trajectory, that works best while marksman'd (although can be hipfired in a pinch as well). It used to be a shotgun, back in RTW days. It was changed to what it is now for Reloaded, and has never been a shotgun in this incarnation. That being said, I wish they'd revert it to being a shotgun again, as then I'd have an actual CQC option for LTL (which is my preferred playstyle).
A shotgun can fire a single shot, its called a slug round, doesn't make it any less of a shotgun.

"The Stabba less than lethal shotgun fires a custom made electrical dart that can stun a target at medium ranges, though it will lose it's charge quickly over range. Initially shelved due to accidental deaths during testing, this weapon has been brought back into service after protocol changes deemed the percentages acceptable."
  • Like 1

6 hours ago, Putins said:

silver forum warriors discuss non sense

Didn't you also say 90% of golds are cheating? 🤔 This is bait.

17 hours ago, Slickmund said:
21 hours ago, Fennel said:
its so much better that it misses when firing it dead center of the player youre aiming at, definitely player error and not a terrible gun 10/10.
Dead center, is where usually the least ammount of pellets land though. Atleast with the low gauge shots, with the 20 gauge CSG it is quite the opposite. For an instance, in pubg, CSGO alike, which of course are different games but pellet spread is still pellet spread which I am trying to compare here. If you want to increase your chance to get a good headshot with a lot of pellets hitting there, at longer ranges, you start aiming below the head, or right beside it. Imagine the spread a bit like a cone, the further the range you're shooting over, the futher it expands. Typically with low gauge shotguns like the JG or NL9 alike, most pellets are at the edges of the cone rather than the middle. This is why I like the JG as I have proclaimed in another thread. A JG can get you some really lucky shots, whilst firing at cover. I havent played a lot with the NL9 yet as I main Criminal, just about 20hours at most I guess. I find it very similar to the JG in terms of spread mechanics, but of course, a lot less damaging than the JG, however this is just a LTL/Lethal difference I reckon. Either way, I'd advise you when playing the NL9 or JG in the future, to not always try to aim deadcenter of someone when firing over longer ranges (That said most shotguns are simply useles beyond a range of 8m really, CSG manages to perfom decently still at that range, but up it to 15 and it damage output is put to shame by any other gun as well.).
it fires slugs or a dart, no one seems to be able to agree what it fires, it could m&ms for all i know, eitherway even as a single shot weapon, it behaves like a shotgun and has its silly downsides of one, i think the lack of spread also works against it in some cases, but anyways, i have yet to see it being used in the way that a select few people consider it "proper" i wish id came across it by now because i had put tons of hours as an enf and the legends of these people being as good with an nl9 as the legend states feels like its just a myth.

I feel like a minority here with the SBSR comments. I never bothered with the Coroner much cause it felt like a straight downgrade to the IRS but I actually like the IRS. I just use it as I would a DMR and tapfire it at the sweet spot where you don't get the extra recoil and it works pretty well. I know that it's not better than an actual DMR but if they were to give it full movement speed and reduce the weird recoil it would be pretty balanced imo.

Back on topic though; My vote goes to the Shredder. I actually love the Shredder but I can't think of a real situation where it would ever be worth taking it out to use

@Fennel
What? I literally linked the database entry explaining it fires a single electric dart. Its not up for debate.
The lack of spread does NOT work against it, as unlike normal shotguns it deals full damage for every shot landed.
You use the NL-9 like you would any other burst damage weapon. Use cover. Use nades (percs in this case). Rely on your secondary (TG-8 or Nano).
As far as examples of how to use it, what even is google?

Edited by CookiePuss

17 minutes ago, CookiePuss said:

What? I literally linked the database entry explaining it fires a single electric dart. Its not up for debate.
The lack of spread does NOT work against it, as unlike normal shotguns it deals full damage for every shot landed.
You use the NL-9 like you would any other burst damage weapon. Use cover. Use nades (percs in this case). Rely on your secondary (TG-8 or Nano).
As far as examples of how to use it, what even is google?

i saw the entire video, for the most part i avoid using percs and actually use stun nades, but in this video i didnt see an NL9 being better than a stabba ccg, i just saw terrible players.

i find my ccg + pig to be much more effective in those situations, and believe me i have used the NL9 it like a shotgun just like i would use my jg, it still has the tendency to randomly miss when aiming at players more so than my jg.

2 minutes ago, Fennel said:
i have used the NL9 it like a shotgun just like i would use my jg, it still has the tendency to randomly miss when aiming at players more so than my jg.
"It" doesnt have that tendency, you do.

3 minutes ago, CookiePuss said:
6 minutes ago, Fennel said:
i have used the NL9 it like a shotgun just like i would use my jg, it still has the tendency to randomly miss when aiming at players more so than my jg.
"It" doesnt have that tendency, you do.
yeah i guess my pig hitting where i at aim somehow correlates to that doesnt it?

Literally what? @Fennel
(sorry for the mentions, forums suck and wont let me quote you on this thread for some reason)

10 minutes ago, CookiePuss said:

Literally what? @Fennel
(sorry for the mentions, forums suck and wont let me quote you on this thread for some reason)

im being sarcastic.

to put it bluntly, no i dont, the nl9 does.

1 minute ago, Fennel said:
im being sarcastic.

to put it bluntly, no i dont, the nl9 does.
Post some vid please.
Never even heard of this problem.

Just now, CookiePuss said:
Post some vid please.
probably because no one uses it and chooses the ccg instead when it comes to stunning, as stun guns arent commonly used on top of that, i will try to make one when i can.

Just now, Fennel said:
3 minutes ago, CookiePuss said:
Post some vid please.
probably because no one uses it and chooses the ccg instead when it comes to stunning, as stun guns arent commonly used on top of that, i will try to make one when i can.
Awesome, thank you.
Maybe I'll see if I can make a vid too.

NL9 + Nano you'd be surprised how many times the secondary stuns first.

14 hours ago, Defibrillator said:

where is @Leefekyn when we talk about Nl9? Hes pretty decent with the gun and plays it often.

Thanks, really appreciate that and being called to the thread!

As for the balance of the gun, it's pretty good where it's at. I'd like to see it get a small buff in the future, but wouldn't be disappointed if they never touched it again.

My ideal vision of the NL9 would be to have it slow the enemy after two consecutive shots, but still require a third to stun. This would probably shift it's balance too much and make it a little over powered, but not as much as it was when the gun was two shots to stun. 

All in all, I think there needs to be a discussion about LTL balance as a whole, but I won't hijack this thread for that.

Also, if you want to do well with the NL9, I recommend using a nano secondary. 2 shots from the NL9, then two from the nano to stun. Edited by Leefekyn

dont have a nano... and i kinda dont want one either... lol.

cobr-a and misery are the most awful guns in the game legit trashcans