Sign in to follow this  
Gizzly

Nerf N-TEC?

N-TEC Nerf  

66 members have voted

1. 1. Should LO nerf the N-TEC as a part of their "rebalancing" patch?

• Yes, It's ruining the game.
    • No, I don't want my favorite weapon to be balanced. :(

18 minutes ago, MrsHappyPenguin said:

Your pole only has opinions I disagree with.

Let me guess you're in the "ntec perfect, just buff every other weapon" boat Edited by Gizzly

I play a good NTEC, it's probably my main though Im trying to get more serious about other weapons as well. However if I am up against a NTEC user that manages to beat me consistently if I use my NTEC, or if I simply dont feel like playing NTEC, I use any of the following depending on the situation: HVR, DMR, OBIR, Obeya 762, SR15, ATAC, JG, Colby 1922. All of which, can hold up a candle to the NTEC if not beat it quite consistently if played in their predefinded ways. There's plenty to pick from to counter a NTEC, however NTEC is the weapon a player which is much much better than you, can consistently crap on you no matter what range. That is what bothers most people I think. Someone who can consistently 5shot within its effective range, is hard to beat yes. It just means you gotta switch up your playstyle if you want to beat it, simple as that really. NTEC is in a really good place right now actually in terms of balancing.

Edited by Slickmund

3 minutes ago, Slickmund said:

I play a good NTEC, it's probably my main though Im trying to get more serious about other weapons as well. However if I am up against a NTEC user that manages to beat me consistently if I use my NTEC, or if I simply dont feel like playing NTEC, I use any of the following depending on the situation: HVR, DMR, OBIR, Obeya 762, SR15, ATAC, JG, Colby 1922. All of which, can hold up a candle to the NTEC if not beat it quite consistently if played in their predefinded ways. There's plenty to pick from to counter a NTEC, however NTEC is the weapon a player which is much much better than you, can consistently crap on you no matter what range. That is what bothers most people I think. Someone who can consistently 5shot within its effective range, is hard to beat yes. It just means you gotta switch up your playstyle if you want to beat it, simple as that really. NTEC is in a really good place right now actually in terms of balancing.

I switch weapons a lot, depending on my mood and spesific situation/mission ingame. N-TEC is one of the guns I semi-frequently use. It's simply too easy to use for how good it is. I hear people aguring about the n-tec's skill curve and tbh it's just about being able to time your shots, which takes about 30 secs of shooting at a wall to learn. The problem with the ntec is how versitile it is how easially you can kill at short range and fast you can consistantly spam out accurate shots at long range. The ntec dooms APB in anything from 15-60/70m. The lack of downside of the N-TEC is what breaks the game.

I like how the ntec is to play, so I don't want it removed or made useless, just want it to have a downside so it doesn't do everything as well as it does. My personal thoughts is in nerfing the minimum damage, effective range or increase bloom recovery time. (preferable either of the first two options) Making the game feel the exact same to play except not being as effective at longer ranges, giving the STAR or FAR a chance, even with their slower tapfire rate.

If you think the N-Tec is op and its ruining the game, you have clearly not been playing the game for very long. It's just good at most situations, that's why its one of the most used guns in the game, so people don't have to switch weapon depending on the area. It's VERY easy to counter.

Edited by Dispirit

3 minutes ago, Dispirit said:

If you think the N-Tec is op and its ruining the game, you have clearly not been playing the game for very long. It's just good at most situations, that's why its one of the most used guns in the game, so people don't have to switch weapon depending on the area. It's VERY easy to counter.

It being good for most situations is exactly what makes it overpowered. You clearly don't know a thing about weapon balance.

1 minute ago, Gizzly said:
5 minutes ago, Dispirit said:

It being good for most situations is exactly what makes it overpowered. You clearly don't know a thing about weapon balance.
It's good in most situations, not the best. If it was pretty CQC I could just grab an OCA or PMG and counter it easy, if it was long/ medium range I could grab and Obeya Rifle and out TTK it. It's literally the jack of all trades of the game. It's already been nerfed and if it was nerfed again it would probbs be never used.

The NTEC has already been nerfed quite a bit over the years. It use to be deadly at 90 meters (minimum damage was MUCH higher than it is now), and HB2 would keep it at a 6 STK while allowing you to full-auto TTK up to like 40 meters or something crazy.

Both of those are no longer possible, because people called out the very specific problems with the weapon.

@OP, if you think the NTEC is still overpowered, why don't you tell use exactly what is wrong with the stats on the weapon? Again, I'm talking specifics. Spamming threads and crying like a child throwing a tantrum doesn't accomplish anything.

13 hours ago, Gizzly said:

Please don't anwser this poll if you use N-TEC 90% of the time you play. Your anwser is completely invalid.

LO, please don't take advise from people who uses the same weapon 90% of the time they play, they obviously don't know how balancing works.

Why does it even need a nerf?

I love how many players complain about N-TEC, even tho there is nothing wrong with it. It's just a very popular and versatile weapon. When players complain about car spawners, remote detonators and mobile radar tower destroying the game (which they actually are), other players tell them to adapt  and overcome . Maybe you should do the same with N-TEC

Dumb thread, even dumber poll.

I guess  butthurt never goes away lmfaoo.

21 hours ago, Gizzly said:
22 hours ago, ForgottenSniper said:

damn how many butt hurt threads begging to nerf a balanced weapon are you gonna make? I bet you use the pmg and atac rofl

Nah I use the N-TEC. Kinda have to to get anything done, don't I?
As someone who never uses the N-TEC...ever. No. I'm only using N-SSW/Carbine/PMG and I do not feel the need to use the N-TEC. Edited by Similarities

Sign in to follow this